Mini 589: SSBB Smalltown Mafia (Game Over!)

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 1:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

To note, I don't really have a problem with you targetting me. The important thing was to make Gob think no-one else would be targetting me- so long as it was expected that I wouldn't be protected, the job was done, if you see what I mean.

My suspicion of you is partly from yesterday, and partly to do with the fact that there was a player who was a) the obvious protect choice in my eyes and b) the only player capable of verifying whether you did, in fact, protect or not, and he was targetted for the nightkill but not for your protection.

However, it is VERY important that no-one protect Iam tonight.

(Also, Iam, if you would happen to be the serial killer, I suggest you claim, because we have you by the balls if that is the case).

We know the following did not perform the scum kill last night:

Me
Dahill
Very likely not Gob.

We're investigating Iam.

I don't believe AK is scum, because of what happened with SSK yesterday.

So that leaves a pool of:

PEG
Anderson
Lawrence
Gorrad

As potential lynches. (Seeing this, I'm severely tempted to direct the two vig roles to crosskill).
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 3:49 am

Post by andersonw »

iamausername wrote:
Not OK. Why do you think you didn't you have anything new to discuss? Why haven't you discussed anything besides my vote on you in this post?
I was trying to empathize that I was prodded.
I would say that I didn't have anything new to discuss because I couldn't really see anything very interesting, and I'm not very good at thinking or bringing topics up.
Maybe you could ask me some questions about some things on the game, and I respond to them? Would that count as discussion?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 5:04 am

Post by iamausername »

Using the fact that you had to post because you were prodded as an excuse for not posting content is just ridiculous. You shouldn't have needed prodding, because you should be posting content already.

But if you need questions; who should we lynch today, anderson? And, more importantly, why?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Back! No new input.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:35 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

The Fonz wrote: I don't believe AK is scum, because of what happened with SSK yesterday.
Could you elaborate on this?
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:08 am

Post by pickemgenius »

IN COLORADO AGAIN LIMITED ACCESS..

*finding a house is more important*
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by goborage »

Vote: andersonw
. Why? Because he was off the bandwagon. Simple as that.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by andersonw »

iamausername wrote:Using the fact that you had to post because you were prodded as an excuse for not posting content is just ridiculous. You shouldn't have needed prodding, because you should be posting content already.

But if you need questions; who should we lynch today, anderson? And, more importantly, why?
Well, the fact is, I was prodded, and I had to post. There's nothing I can do right now to change it. And my "excuse" for not posting content wasn't I was prodded, but was "I didn't have anything new to discuss because I couldn't really see anything very interesting, and I'm not very good at thinking or bringing topics up. "

For your question, I think Gorrad is pretty suspicious, especially since he protected a 1-shot vig over a tracker or a doctor, and if he was SK, he could just to have claimed to use it since it would be useless to him, and no one could ask him to protect someone later in the game. The above also goes if he is mafia, just not as strongly. I'll have to think about this.
The Fonz wrote: However, reflection leads me to think it's not necessarily scummy on your part. For one, if you were the scum killer, you'd have come up with a better lie imho. If you were not, then there's no reason you wouldn't target the most obvious choice that you weren't killing.
This, and everything else The Fonz said that was like this, is WIFOM (or, at least I think it is WIFOM).

I don't get PMG, so I'm not sure about him.
goborage wrote:
Vote: andersonw
. Why? Because he was off the bandwagon. Simple as that.
If you use your logic like that, then also AK, dahill, and even yourself would be scum, which doesn't make sense.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

Revised suspect list:

Gorrad
Goborage
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by goborage »

I'm leaving dahill off that list because he has an accounted for night action. Even if he wanted to, dahill would not be able to pull off an NK without getting caught. Same with me. There is the possibility that AK is scum but I'm going with you atm.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by dahill1 »

andersonw wrote:If you use your logic like that, then also AK, dahill, and even yourself would be scum, which doesn't make sense.
if you're talking about the SSK wagon, then i hammered, so i believe that puts me on it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:24 am

Post by iamausername »

I don't think we should automatically rule out dahill/goborage as suspects just because they have accounted for night actions. If they're mafia, they have a partner who could have performed the kill, and if they're SK, they could have performed the kill as well as their role-based actions.

I mean, it's very useful to have them confirming a player as town every night, certainly, but as the game goes on, it will become more and more dangerous to let them coast through on this basis as if they're confirmed town themselves.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:24 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Votecount

andersonw: 2
(iamausername, goborage)
Anatole Kuragin: 1
(Gorrad)
Not Voting: 6
(pickemgenius, Lawrencelot, Anatole Kuragin, Dean Harper, dahill1, andersonw)

Player List: pickemgenius, Lawrencelot, Anatole Kuragin, Dean Harper, dahill1, goborage, andersonw, iamausername, Gorrad.

Five (5) to lynch.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:33 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

iamausername wrote:I don't think we should automatically rule out dahill/goborage as suspects just because they have accounted for night actions. If they're mafia, they have a partner who could have performed the kill, and if they're SK, they could have performed the kill as well as their role-based actions.

I mean, it's very useful to have them confirming a player as town every night, certainly, but as the game goes on, it will become more and more dangerous to let them coast through on this basis as if they're confirmed town themselves.
That's true. I am only assuming the Fonz is town, because although he is not confirmed, he's very close to being that.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

Lawrencelot wrote:
The Fonz wrote: I don't believe AK is scum, because of what happened with SSK yesterday.
Could you elaborate on this?
Sure. My suspicion was raised in the first place because of SSK's opportunistic AK wagon-hopping. Scum don't tend to opportunistically jump on one another. Also note SSK's desperate attempts late in the day to divert attention to, yes, AK.
andersonw wrote:
iamausername wrote:Using the fact that you had to post because you were prodded as an excuse for not posting content is just ridiculous. You shouldn't have needed prodding, because you should be posting content already.

Well, the fact is, I was prodded, and I had to post. There's nothing I can do right now to change it. And my "excuse" for not posting content wasn't I was prodded, but was "I didn't have anything new to discuss because I couldn't really see anything very interesting, and I'm not very good at thinking or bringing topics up. "
Which is no defence at all. There's plenty to discuss. The fact that you've started to discuss scum suspects now, after being pushed on it,

The Fonz wrote: However, reflection leads me to think it's not necessarily scummy on your part. For one, if you were the scum killer, you'd have come up with a better lie imho. If you were not, then there's no reason you wouldn't target the most obvious choice that you weren't killing.
This, and everything else The Fonz said that was like this, is WIFOM (or, at least I think it is WIFOM).
[/quote]

Explain why it is wifom.

A scum has two options in front of him. One brings him under a ton of suspicion. The other looks much more defensible. Why is it ever in the scum's interests, all other things being equal, to choose the thing that makes him look more suspicious? I think either way, it points to Gorrad thinking the vig protection was the more town action.

The main way I can see him lying there is if he were planning to claim a protect on whichever obvious target his group didn't go for, but was confounded by the other scum faction hitting that protectee, and had to think quickly and came up with a bad claim.

Note also that Gorrad is the day's 'obvious' target.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

iamausername wrote:I don't think we should automatically rule out dahill/goborage as suspects just because they have accounted for night actions. If they're mafia, they have a partner who could have performed the kill, and if they're SK, they could have performed the kill as well as their role-based actions.

We don't rule them out as
suspects.
We rule them out as lynches just for today. dahill could well be SK, but his action last night rules him out of being the mafia killer, and that is a fairly important point in his favour.

Likewise if Gob is scum, his potential partners are limited to those with nightactions, but which are unconfirmed. IE, it is impossible for the two of them to be scum together- because that would mean someone targetted me who claimed not to have done so, and if we then assume that player would be mafia, dahill would not be.

So Gob's potential partners would be limited to Lawrencelot, Gorrad, and AK. (We'd see the effect of a vigging).

Also note that Gob's actions are likely to kill him at some point.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:37 am

Post by andersonw »

dahill1 wrote:
andersonw wrote:If you use your logic like that, then also AK, dahill, and even yourself would be scum, which doesn't make sense.
if you're talking about the SSK wagon, then i hammered, so i believe that puts me on it.
Oh, my bad. :oops: I was only looking at the votecounts for that, completely forgot.
The Fonz wrote: Explain why it is wifom.

A scum has two options in front of him. One brings him under a ton of suspicion. The other looks much more defensible. Why is it ever in the scum's interests, all other things being equal, to choose the thing that makes him look more suspicious? I think either way, it points to Gorrad thinking the vig protection was the more town action.
Which is exactly why it is WIFOM, because he could be thinking something like "If I claim to have protected the 1-shot vig, then no one will think I am scum because I wouldn't have chosen to protect him if I was scum".
Also, I don't really understand what your last sentence is trying to say. Does it just mean that protecting the vig makes him look town?
The Fonz wrote: Note also that Gorrad is the day's 'obvious' target.
I did note that, but he really is my biggest suspicion right now.
goborage wrote:I'm leaving dahill off that list because he has an accounted for night action. Even if he wanted to, dahill would not be able to pull off an NK without getting caught. Same with me. There is the possibility that AK is scum but I'm going with you atm.
The problem with this is that if you were mafia, it wouldn't be "same with you" because you could make the kill and get your partner to target the player that dahill targets, as what The Fonz said in the previous post.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:43 pm

I'm pretty sure dahill/gorrad could do their character action as well as their allotted mafia kill on different people.

So, while we (supposedly) know who they targeted, they also could have done the night kill.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by goborage »

Please read the front page: Three people will receive: “… and you’re scum, with X and Y. You are allowed to communicate at night with your partners. You win when the town and serial killer are dead. One of you may send in a kill each night. This player may not do any other actions that particular night, and the kill will be trackable/etc.

The SK however can use both his power and NK.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:48 am

Yeah, SK kill is what I meant.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:14 am

Post by The Fonz »

Either could be SK. Of course, if Gob is the SK, he's putting himself into some fairly risky positions, because hiding behind scum will kill him, and not doing so will out him. So he has to hope that everyone he hides behind is town.

dahill being SK is the rather more worrying situation.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:22 am

Post by iamausername »

The Fonz wrote:So Gob's potential partners would be limited to Lawrencelot, Gorrad, and AK. (We'd see the effect of a vigging).
This isn't true at all. If scumGob hid behind The Fonz, as directed, his partner could have performed the kill, so the only people that are ruled out as Gob's partner are The Fonz (because Gob would have died) and dahill (because we know he sent a mushroom to The Fonz), assuming that scumGob wouldn't ignore what the town told him to do in the faint hope that someone else would target The Fonz.
The Fonz wrote:Also note that Gob's actions are likely to kill him at some point.
This is a very good point.

Not that I was saying we should lynch Gob or dahill (neither are that high on my suspicion list right now), just that I'm wary about letting them get by without contributing much during the day because we can see what they're doing at night.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

If they decide not to do their upmost to help the town win, there will be a reckoning. That their utility to the town in keeping one another honest makes them a bad lynch for now (plus the fact that we know at least one has to be town) doesn't mean it will last forever.

And yes, you're right. Those are only potential partners in the event of Gob being the killer.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:28 am

Post by dahill1 »

i don't see why people are trying to single us out. of course we aren't 100% confirmed, and yes either of us could still be the mafia/SK, but so could anyone else.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by andersonw »

dahill1 wrote:i don't see why people are trying to single us out. of course we aren't 100% confirmed, and yes either of us could still be the mafia/SK, but so could anyone else.
I don't see anyone trying to single you or gob out. The Fonz and iam both even said that you two are a bad lynch for now.
It seems to me that they're just reminding everyone that you aren't 100% confirmed, like you stated already.

Does anyone want to give me more questions/comments on my posts?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”