Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Andycyca »

Last camisade's post here: Sat May 17, 2008 9:38 pm
Prod's timestamp: Fri May 16, 2008 9:08 pm

Another prod or replacement? (I'm leaning towards replacement)

JDodge's avoided the strike for his V/LA status see here

TSQ's got a prod but not a strike (he's replacing and rereading)

Vote Count:

goborage - 1 (Ythill)
TSQ - 2 (goborage, Sethaniel)

Not voting (3): TSQ, camisade, JDodge

4 to lynch.

Strike count

[mrow]Player[col]Strikes camisade[col]XX MARKED FOR REPLACEMENT FOR INACTIVITY TSQ[col] goborage[col] JDodge[col]X Sethaniel[col]X Ythill[col]
Last edited by Andycyca on Thu May 29, 2008 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 7:09 am

Post by goborage »

Mod: The vote count is off. Ythill and Seth have their votes on me and I have a vote on TSQ.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Sorry for that, guys. I got busier than I thought I would. Also, I apologize in advance, this will be a very long post.

As I went through the thread, I tried to think of who would be the most likely SKs, since obviously once the SK is killed, the town can only lose the game by it's own incompetence. Therefore, the SK should be the first priority. The clear number one choice I came up with Jdodge, which made me highly surprised to see that he was the one cleared of being a SK. Some of my case against him is applicable to him being mafia, but some of it isn't, especially the most damning piece of evidence, which was the day one mass claim. I'm going to post all of it, though, just to show my thought process of my reread.

In order to evaluate actions in mafia, you have to look deeper than the action itself, and look at the possible motives of the action. A lot of good can be garnered from asking oneself "why would X player do this?" When I ask myself who is helped by the day 1 massclaim, the only real player is the SK. Since this is not obvious, and is something that takes a bit of math wrangling to figure out, I don't think it would be "too obvious" a play for the real SK to do it. So we come to jdodge, there, who supported the plan even after it became completely disproven, which is really a nul tell for him anyway. The point was the proposition and cooked numbers.

From there, everyone else in the town left was basically against the plan, with varying degrees of vehemence.

So all that for naught...Sigh...

Then we have the whole argument with Ythill starting on post 185, where he is clearly in the wrong. He claimed that Ythill was a SK, and then gave evidence which was only consistant (in his view) with being a mafia member, while continuing to assert that Ythill is a SK.

His post 237 was another big point for me, both because he's hypocritical (jdodges nomal play style involves tunnel vision to the max, as evidenced in this game.) and I find that if you look at what a player states is scummy, you will often find that displayed in their own posts. In short, people define what is scummy from watching themselves play scum. And also because its a completely non valid attack. If a player thinks that two players are scum, there is nothing, in their own view, more productive than continually saying so. What jdodge asks here is basically "Pretend you don't find me suspicious, vote and pressure someone who you find less suspicious than me." which is completely ridiculous and scummy as hell...

So Jdodge has a higher chance of being mafia than most, in my eyes.

The next person I would look for, based on my own perceptions of how a SK would act, is YThill. This is because to a SK, any lynch is a good one. Therefore, I would expect a SK to keep their options open. To be willing to place subtle attacks and insinuations everywhere, so they could be blown into full-scale assault at any time. In addition, I would expect a SK player to hammer, when possible, because ending the day is good; it doesn;t matter who is lynched so long as that player is not the SK themselves.

Now, the player whos play this game matches that description near PERFECTLY? YThill. Ythill has sat on the fence the whole game, and attacked pretty much everyone at one point or another. If you look at his posts in isolation, you will notice that he has probably called each player "slightly town" or "slightly scummy" once or twice. He only seems to commit to "hard reads" on players when the momentum, and writing, is already on the wall.

Also, the "I waited for players to check in before I hammered so they are just as responsible as I am." is completely bullshit. First of all, you were the agent of action, not them. They did not hammer, you did. You are solely responsible for not giving A a chance to respond to accusations. I would expect an experienced player to do the exact same thing you did: Warn of a hammer immenent, and then hammer after a ridiculously short period of time after people had made a couple of cursory posts. That is exactly what you did, and the fact that you did it makes you more scummy, not less, in my eyes.

I'm just surprised that the rest of you did not pick up on it. Ythill is almost certainly not mafia, but is probably, given the FBI agent reveal, the SK.

Vote: Ythill
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by JDodge »

Vote: Ythill
for now
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Ythill »

Sorry to have vanished. I'm reinstalling my system at home and shouldn't be posting from work. Will catch up tomorrow or Friday.

...saw the votes BTW. I will be back to defend myself soon.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

bump.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 1:47 am

Post by Andycyca »

Strike time. Actual prods will go out later today.

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Sethaniel »

So. . .

JD and TSQ voting Ythill
Ythill and Seth voting goborage
gob voting TSQ
cam being replaced.

I suppose I'd like to wait for cam's replacement to see what he/she thinks.
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Sethaniel wrote:So. . .

JD and TSQ voting Ythill
Ythill and Seth voting goborage
gob voting TSQ
cam being replaced.

I suppose I'd like to wait for cam's replacement to see what he/she thinks.
No, how about you discuss the input I gave on the game.

What do you think of my conclusion that Jdodge is likely mafia?

What do you think of my case that Ythill is the SK?

Mafia is not a spectator sport. Give some effing opinions.
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Sethaniel »

Wow. Are you always so hostile?

Fine, I'll discuss your input.

You set up a case for JD as the SK, and then when he's cleared, you decide he must be mafia? Your reasons being "He said Ythill was SK while giving evidence that pointed to Ythill as mafia" and Post 237? Could you quote that, cause Post 237 for me is JD saying "Jenter, give your opinion on someone besides me and gob."
If you're so sure JD is mafia, who's his scumbuddy?
TSQ wrote: If a player thinks that two players are scum, there is nothing, in their own view, more productive than continually saying so.
What are you trying to say? JD's been pretty adamant that Ythill is scum, as far as I can tell.

I truly don't see how you conclude JD=mafia from those points.
TSQ Re: Ythill wrote: He only seems to commit to "hard reads" on players when the momentum, and writing, is already on the wall.
This line of reasoning is almost the same one as what Ythill's trying to use to say I'm mafia. To quote TSQ's own reasoning:
if you look at what a player states is scummy, you will often find that displayed in their own posts.
To me, that shows Ythill=mafia, not SK.

(So, after I say that I think TSQ and Ythill are scumbuddies, TSQ votes Ythill, then harasses me to comment on his actions. )

What about gob? What do you think of my reasons for voting him as the SK?
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Thank you. Posts like "Hmm...I wish something would happen" when there's plenty to comment on tend to annoy me.

The only part of my case against Jdodge which was dependant on him being a SK was the massclaim.

Set, I gave a specific post number to reference with that point against JDodge. I think if you go read it, you will be more likely to get what I'm getting at. But the main point is that another player was only focusing on one player and was saying it often. Jdodge then told that player that he was being unhelpful for continually saying that. My analysis up top follows from that premise.

I gave reasoning for why Ythills actions are more consistant with that of mafia than town. This is mainly because mafia has a preference who is lynched, whereas the SK does not. Therefore you'd expect a mafia player to display strong opinions on some players, and not others. Ythills behavior pattern does not match this. Instead, a SK would not have any strong attacks until the writing became clear, because to a SK it does not matter at all who is lynched. YThills behavior fits that pattern perfectly.

I think your first point is silly: That he knows SK can choose to not kill. First of all, I would have assumed SK can not kill...That is the sitewide norm. Second, this is an open game. I read all the PMs, as I'm sure several other players did too... That seems much more flimsy to me than a perfect match on an expected behavior pattern.

Is there something else you said against him?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Should read "Gave reasons why Ythills actions are more consistant with SK than mafia"
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Ythill »

Sorry about the delay. Like I said, I had to reinstall my OS but it’s all better now.

@ Seth: Yes, TSQ is hostile. It’s either endearing or annoying… the former, IMO.
TSQ wrote:The next person I would look for, based on my own perceptions of how a SK would act, is YThill. This is because to a SK, any lynch is a good one.
Obviously your own perceptions are based on the SK role in general, as opposed to this set-up. As I’ve said before, it behooves the SK to scumhunt.
TSQ wrote:Therefore, I would expect a SK to keep their options open.
So an SK wouldn’t, for example, blatantly clear JD? Or try to push through a plan by which we would permanently rule out two lynch targets? Your theory of an SK’s priorities does not fit well with my behavior.
TSQ wrote:Ythill has sat on the fence the whole game, and attacked pretty much everyone at one point or another.
I must disagree with the first part of this statement. I have made a number of declarations of my beliefs and they have been decisive. I became convinced of A’s scumminess D1 and was instrumental in getting him lynched. Nor was I quiet about it. Though it’s true that I spent some of D2 working towards the claim plan rather than naming suspects, I have since made declarations about the alignment possibilities that some might call closed-minded.

Having attacked everyone at one point or another? Guilty as charged, but I don’t think that’s a behavior exclusive to the SK. Note that some of those attacks allowed me to make determinations about folks’ alignments. For example, my early attacks against JD allowed me to determine that he was not the SK.
TSQ wrote:He only seems to commit to "hard reads" on players when the momentum, and writing, is already on the wall.
So your point is that the writing is already on the wall about you being mafia?
TSQ wrote:Also, the "I waited for players to check in before I hammered so they are just as responsible as I am." is completely bullshit. First of all, you were the agent of action, not them.
Everyone who voted was an agent of the action. I never claimed that their participation somehow lessened my culpability, only that their lack of unvote negated any statement they made about how I was
solely
responsible.
TSQ wrote:You are solely responsible for not giving A a chance to respond to accusations.
Exactly the type of scummy statement I meant to nip in the bud. Your predecessor tried to set-up the statement you just made by claiming that we needed to wait before lynching. Yet he didn’t unvote. He was given the opportunity to. Therefore he and, by association, you cannot claim that I was
solely
responsible for this.

Did I hammer? Yes. Was it too quick? Matter of opinion… but the statement could be valid from a certain point of view. Was I therefore responsible for a mislynch? Absolutely, though I felt it was a good lynch before the card-flip. Was I
solely
responsible for the lynch or even the speed of it? Absolutely not.

I didn’t need to hear more from A, and I explained why. Obviously neither Dave nor gob needed to hear more from him either,
but they tried to pretend that they did
which is far scummier than anything you’ve posted about me.
TSQ wrote:I would expect an experienced player to do the exact same thing you did... That is exactly what you did, and the fact that you did it makes you more scummy, not less, in my eyes.
Laughing at this. If you would expect an “experienced player” to do something as the SK, and go as far as to include that qualification of experience in the accusation, then what do you have to say about my lack of experience? This is like my fifth or sixth game of mafia ever, anywhere. Not playing the n00b card because I have learned a lot in the past few months but there’s no way I’d call myself an experienced player. For instance, this is the first time I’ve ever played a game with an SK, first open set-up, first game with less than twelve players, etc.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Ythill »

P.S... Anyone who likes to meta, check my post records for an ongoing game in which I was recently NKed and was scum.
Forum rules and Guidelines wrote:Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game except where allowed to do so by your role. Likewise, do not use bbcode to hide secret messages - this equates to discussion outside the thread.
Andy
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by goborage »

I didn’t need to hear more from A, and I explained why. Obviously neither Dave nor gob needed to hear more from him either, but they tried to pretend that they did which is far scummier than anything you’ve posted about me.
How is waiting for the potential lynchee to make a final post scummy?
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Ythill »

goborage wrote:
I didn’t need to hear more from A, and I explained why. Obviously neither Dave nor gob needed to hear more from him either,
but they tried to pretend that they did
which is far scummier than anything you’ve posted about me.
How is waiting for the potential lynchee to make a final post scummy?
Don't play dumb. I never said waiting was scummy. I said pretending that you wanted to wait (but not doing anything about it) was scummy.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Ythill »

P.S.
Thanks for the reminder, Andy.
My hope was that nobody would actually
talk about
the ongoing game but I suppose I could have been more explicit in that.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:50 am

Post by JDodge »

Mod:
Please put any important mod notes (such as the one you added to Ythill's post) in a separate post next time so that it can be assured that people will notice it. I had to look back just now to figure out what the hell Ythill was talking about.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

On your behavior: Thats just the point though, you only made such decisions, such as the push on A, when it was completely not dangerous to do so. You did not make a definitive "He's scum" stance in a way which was memorable so that the lynch could clearly be attributed to you. Then you hammered, and at the same time (and this is important) tried to distance yourself from the hammer, by attempting to place some of the blame (read, poisoning the well) of some people who were already on the wagon. The hammer ended up being "Ok, but if I'm scum they are too LOL." which is a pretty bad defense considering they were infinitely less culpable for the hammer than you were.

On "The writing on the wall about me being mafia" I think you're not understanding my point. The point isn't that the SK will never ever say "X is town" or "X is scum" the point is that the SK, as a general principal, will keep his options open. You have also called my role town several times, and you have thought jdodge was scum at several points of the game as well. You have a large net to fall back and vote pretty much any target if you wanted to, whereas the other players in the game do not.

On the hammer: No, thats not how it works. Considering a large % of the town had called for a claim, if you were a townie, it is still in your best interest to let the player claim even if you did not personally need it, because it is good for the town. Keeping the pressure of a player on l-1 is not the same thing as hammering prematurely when pretty much all of the town have expressed a desire to wait. The way you're going about it now makes it seem like you hammered when you did BECAUSE it could be blamed on two other people as well.

6 games makes you a veteran in my eyes. You understand how the game of mafia works. This is not your first game. You have undoubtedly read other games. I think this response was not genuine on your part.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by goborage »

Thestatusquo wrote: On the hammer: No, thats not how it works. Considering a large % of the town had called for a claim, if you were a townie, it is still in your best interest to let the player claim even if you did not personally need it, because it is good for the town. Keeping the pressure of a player on l-1 is not the same thing as hammering prematurely when pretty much all of the town have expressed a desire to wait. The way you're going about it now makes it seem like you hammered when you did BECAUSE it could be blamed on two other people as well.
I completely agree. I honestly assumed that you wouldn't hammer after I requested you not to. I may have asked this earlier: what was your rush Ythill?
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Ythill »

I wasn't in a rush, which should be evidenced that I had previously asked for Avin’s hammer to be withheld, before I got the last of the information I was after. I already explained why I didn't wait at the end. Your only stated purpose for waiting was to get a claim. A claim was pointless and unlikely to come.

Refraining from waiting when there is no reason to wait is not rushing.
TSQ wrote:You did not make a definitive "He's scum" stance in a way which was memorable so that the lynch could clearly be attributed to you.
I wrote:Avin is really setting off my scum-sensors. He’s seriously buddying to JD, which I think is not indicative of JD’s alignment, because scum are more likely to target town with this behavior. I really don’t like his “your work is not your own” accusation against Jenter, because really what difference does it make?
I wrote:Summing up, my top suspects of the moment are avin and cam (in that order)…
Speaking to A, I wrote:I even gave (and am entertaining) one bit of evidence that suggests you could be town, because I am interested in learning the truth, not manipulating the thread. You twisted this evidence of my open mind into an accusation against me. You demanded a vote and then turned that vote into another accusation. You posted questionable defenses to my reasonable accusations, and slanted your defense as to reflect suspicion back onto me.

You went on to post a false dichotomy that Jenter correctly called you out on, and then dismissed his own defense that cited your attack as hypocrisy, neither addressing that defense nor withdrawing your accusation. You missed gob’s post (#115), which could suggest a lack of honest curiosity. And you seem to have taken Seth’s simple explanation of why he didn’t directly answer your question as an accusation that you are following me, which is far too proactively defensive for my liking.
I wrote:You've moved back up my scumlist but I'm still happier with my vote on Avinas.
I wrote:
gob wrote:Are you saying you'd hammer avinashv if he was at L-1?
More insinuating than saying, but yes. Avinas is still my PE#1.
These are only a few examples. I skimmed over less explicit accusations, as well as a period when I asked some hard questions of Avin and his answers cemented my suspicions, not to mention the point where I said I was going to hammer him in a few hours. So the point emerges: did you fail to read the thread or are you building a case of lies?
TSQ wrote:The point isn't that the SK will never ever say "X is town" or "X is scum"...
Yet I said those things plenty. Did I change my mind from time to time? Yes. But it was as I received new evidence. Are you suggesting that deciding everybody's alignment during the random phase and then tunneling in spite of the ongoing game is a protown style?

My opinion has not moved with the town. It has not moved in response to being questioned by others. It has changed only as new evidence and realizations have come.
TSQ wrote:Considering a large % of the town had called for a claim, if you were a townie, it is still in your best interest to let the player claim even if you did not personally need it, because it is good for the town.
Two of seven is a large percentage? How do you know they were town? I saw no pro-town reason to withhold the hammer and I believe that the timing of the lynch produced good tells on people. Perhaps you see this differently because one of those tells embroils you.
TSQ wrote:6 games makes you a veteran in my eyes.
Okay. Thanks, I guess.

So your argument amounts to: I think a fat SK would act exactly as you have. Oh, you're only 150 pounds? Well, I think that's fat.

You still haven't shown why an
experienced
intermediate level player would act that way as the SK. Nor have you shown that I am likely to act that way independent of the shifting stereotype you have arbitrarily and stubbornly placed me in.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Sethaniel »

goborage wrote: I honestly assumed that you wouldn't hammer after I requested you not to.
Why on earth would you think that? If you were really so concerned, why didn't you unvote?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think you need to reread what my argument was in "the X is town Y is scum" argument. You responded to exactly what I said I wasn't saying lol.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:05 am

Post by Ythill »

Will do tomorrow night. I'm working a 26 hour shift starting in about an hour.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:55 am

Post by Andycyca »

I'm looking for a replacement for cam.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”