Newbie 594: (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Nocmen »

While it is good to go and help out the cop, ...oh I see what you did there.
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:19 am

Post by gorillaman »

What?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Nocmen »

If I say what I'm really thinking it will only hurt the town.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Battousai »

To defend my unvote: First, as I have said a few times. I'm sure BW and weilawei are the scum partners. From that I go to my vote of weilawei. I said 4 days before deadline, if we could get 2 more people onto weilawei (we got 1) I would hammer. That was met by Mr. Blonde's post telling me to just do it. Then weilawei lurks (inactive here active elsewhere), and when he comes back on asks for the reason someone voted for him (even though all he had to do was read back a page) and went silent again. So I voted for him as I would rather have BW alive to lynch today as he is active and would make the game more fun than Weilawei, who I believe to be scum, who would be lurky and less fun as we would want him to respond and he would probably lurk and slow the game down. That is why I switched to Weilawei, not to save BW, but to lynch the inactive scum Weilawei.

Also gorillaman- no, just no. Just because there's a cop doesn't mean there's a doc. Read the mod's introductory post. The games could be 7 townies, 6 townies 1 cop, 6 townies 1 doc, 5 townies 1 cop and 1 doc.

Zu- what's your case against me, just that one quote? Your reading too into it. Every player who votes for someone is putting distance between them. The only difference between townie and scum is the REASON for the distancing. I was distancing from him because I thought he was scum and placed my vote (which is distancing). Scum would distance themselves to only appear more townie.
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by gorillaman »

Battousai wrote:Also gorillaman- no, just no. Just because there's a cop doesn't mean there's a doc. Read the mod's introductory post. The games could be 7 townies, 6 townies 1 cop, 6 townies 1 doc, 5 townies 1 cop and 1 doc.
F11. Roleblocker just got lynched.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Battousai »

Ah, true that then, I wasn't paying attention to the scum part of the set up, my bad. If there is a cop then maybe they should come forward with their result. With 7 of us alive minus 3 (best case, 2 pro town plus investigating someone other than doc) leaves 4 unknown to lynch from. That gives us 25% today, then tommorow the cop will give us the next person they investigated (3 unknown minus the new known leaves 2 unknowns) we will have a 50/50 day 3 and then day 4 we win.

Should the cop and doc claim if there are ones? For the town's sake yes, but for the game's sake no as it is auto win and takes the fun out of the game. What does everyone feel about this?
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by gorillaman »

Fundamentally what a cop would need for the win is either a guilty or a
living
innocent.

Anyway, it's just as likely we've got a lot more work to do.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by silence »

Battousai wrote:For he town's sake yes, but for the game's sake no as it is auto win and takes the fun out of the game. What does everyone feel about this?
Not trying to win takes fun out of the game as well. If claiming is good for town, of course cop should claim. If it ends the game, let's have more fun in the next :)

However, I'm not yet completely convinced whether cop should claim (with a guilty result, of course, but otherwise). I will think about the issue and give my position later.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:25 am

Post by zu_Faul »

I think it was agreed upon that the old newbie setup was busted. It had one Doc and one Cop and two scums goons, 7 players in total. It was the best strategy for the cop to claim Day 1.

We are in the same situation right now, even better, there is only one scum left. The cop should not tell who he investigated though.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:36 am

Post by Battousai »

Why not zu?
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:07 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Battousai wrote:Why not zu?
Because then we lsoe a confirmed innocent tonight (except he found a guilty, in which case he should shout it from the rooftops, obvobvobv).
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Battousai »

No, as gorrillaman pointed out, if we have a cop we WILL have a doc since we lynched a roleblocker D1. The doc would protect the cop and then be killed. D2 the cop would have 2 investigations.

But this is all useless if we don't have a doc or a cop among us.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:39 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Well, I may have some clues as to if we have these roles or not. I have reason to beleive there is a Cop and Doc in here. If people make sure not to lynch either a cop or doc today, we can use that to have one shot to have the cop get a guilty tonight. Which I'm not sure if I like, him having a 1 in 5 chance of actually getting the scum with a guilty result. But on the other hand, I feel like I have a way to test a theory, which would either confirm someone as town or make me highly suspect them.

I think the cop, and the cop only, should come out now. Keep the scum guessing about the Doc. The doc knows who the cop is, and protect him. The main problem that can happen, though, is if the doc is lynched today.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:42 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Also,
Vote: weilawei
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:42 am

Post by silence »

Nocmen wrote:The main problem that can happen, though, is if the doc is lynched today.
Maybe the cop should come out only after we have agreed who to lynch, and that person has not claimed doc.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:44 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Battousai wrote:No, as gorrillaman pointed out, if we have a cop we WILL have a doc since we lynched a roleblocker D1. The doc would protect the cop and then be killed. D2 the cop would have 2 investigations.
What the fuck, no, why would the Doc be killed? The scum doesn't know who the doc is. He has to target randomly at night hoping to find the doc.
If the cop clears someone, the scum can kill that guy off without losing his chance on hitting the doc.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:54 am

Post by Battousai »

What I was getting at is that its insta-win if we have a cop and doc. If both come out then we have an even higher chance of lynching the last scum. If they both come out then obviously the doc would be killed that night so they can kill the cop the next.

Where is weilawei? I would like to see a scums pov of this?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'll be watching the game until bird1111 gets back.
First Vote Count of Day Two:

Battousai - 2 (zu_Faul, gorillaman)
weilawei - 2 (Battousai, Nocmen)

Not Voting - 3 (silence, weilawei, Atticus)

Seven alive means four to lynch.
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:23 am

Post by gorillaman »

Thanks Flay.

Bat, cop could have investigated Blonde or the doc last night, which would exclude insta-win. Doc shouldn't claim today; even if doc's about to be lynched, the cop claiming should prevent it, because if there's a cop we no lynch today.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Atticus »

gorillaman wrote:
vote: Battousai

Mainly for the last minute unvote of BW, for a peculiar reason.
Atticus wrote:Because unless our cop is an idiot, he should know what to do, and because there's still some mafia in the game, we shouldn't give them opportunities which will commonly include the cop.
Maybe our cop is an idiot. I don't see any harm in making sure the cop understands what they should be doing, short of telling them whom to investigate. In one of our two possible setups, if played correctly, we've all but already won the game; that deserves discussion.
Look at the astute people surrounding you. I see no true idiots who wouldn't know what to do as a cop.
See, that's where I disagree. If there's a cop there's a doc; cop should claim today to get night protection.
Mod wrote:1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Mafia Goon
7 Townies
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Atticus »

Agghh, scratch that, I can't read.

Anyway, here's why the cop shouldn't claim: If there is no cop, scum will claim cop.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:44 pm

Post by zu_Faul »

You are right.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:30 am

Post by silence »

Scum cannot fakeclaim cop: if there is no cop, there is no doc and scum will get caught with a massclaim on a later day.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:55 am

Post by zu_Faul »

You're more right.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Battousai »

Ok, this whole cop thing is dragging on and we only have a 50/50 chance of a cop even being in the game. I think we should start scumhunting today, especially those who have not scumhunted at all D2.

Like I said Weilawei is the scummiest person left in the game. Post 212, he defended BW recent posts and pointed out he's for helping scum. Then when gorillaman continues his attacks on BW, weilawei jumps in on gorillaman and muddies the water with the tu quoque which effectively got gorillaman's attention away from BW.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”