Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by PokerFace »

EBWOP: And assuming there is a day 7.

Format still good going to bed
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I also wanted to give all thoughts I had since I considered a chance of not being here, so some of my reasoning may have been lacking. so clarifying I will gladly do.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Buh?
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by PokerFace »

What does all that mean? I am not fluent in the language of deciphering net pics
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Elmo »

(12:30:03 AM) ArtherDent: Hi, we're the SURPRISE CIRCUMCISION SQUAD!!!

Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

This thread took a turn towards win.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

BOOM!

Elmo (Townie) has blown up himself and Yosarian2 (
Mafia
).

Night 6: Please can the Mafia send me their kill within ~24 hours.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Quagmire replaces Marmalade.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Erg0 (Townie) was killed by the Mafia.

Day 7 begins now!
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Quagmire »

I am glad someone killed Yosarian. I will reread what I've missed since I've died and come up with something.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

CES should die today for trying to confirm Yos as town yesterday.

vote CES
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Yeah, that was probably stupid.

I actually tried to get Yos to be seen as 'confirmed town', so I could jump all over him if he wasn't nightkilled. Even though I'd seen him as scum the whole game I somehow couldn't get him lynched. The plan turned out very ineffective because Yos died before night.

I understand this was stupid, and as a consequence I'm willing to take over enforcer duties from NabNab immediately, meaning I will dynamite today. I'm not completely sure of NabNab's innocence, though, which is the only problem I have with enforcing myself.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:49 am

K, the player list:

Cogito Ergo Scum
elvis_knits
Flameaxe
Quagmire II (replaced Marmalade)
NabakovNabakov (replaced armlx)
PokerFace
Skitzer

I think Skitzer and Flameaxe are town.

Which leaves

Cogito Ergo Scum
elvis_knits
Quagmire II (replaced Marmalade)
NabakovNabakov (replaced armlx)
PokerFace

Of these, me and NabNab are enforcers, so I'll take us off the list (we'll be dynamiting today and tomorrow).

elvis_knits
Quagmire II
PokerFace

There's probably two scums among these three players. Let's pick'em out.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:19 am

Post by skitzer »

Wait, wouldn't Yosarians "slip" mean there is only 1 left?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:24 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Yeah, that was probably stupid.

I actually tried to get Yos to be seen as 'confirmed town', so I could jump all over him if he wasn't nightkilled. Even though I'd seen him as scum the whole game I somehow couldn't get him lynched. The plan turned out very ineffective because Yos died before night.

I understand this was stupid, and as a consequence I'm willing to take over enforcer duties from NabNab immediately, meaning I will dynamite today. I'm not completely sure of NabNab's innocence, though, which is the only problem I have with enforcing myself.
That's a pretty long view to take for a game that's quite possibly in LyLo.

I am (surprisingly enough) still alive and still the enforcer. If you don't trust that I will do my job properly, you may stay up till midnight next deadline along with me.

I'm going to go back and reread my massive argument with Yos in particular. Depending on 3 scum Vs 4, the past few days could have all been LyLo, that means scum are looking for the last big push, and might be willing to compromise to get it.

Also, I like how CES notes himself as an enforcer, but not as town.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:31 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm starting to think CES is the last scum. I may have a big argument for this, strangely enogh.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't think the scummiest person should be up for enforcer. I think he should be up for being dynamited by someone else. If we are in lylo, the scum can just not "enforce" and skate to victory.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

FYI: Deadline will be 20th June.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:13 am

Post by skitzer »

Here is my case on CES:

Day 1 Posts:
His first posts mention the words “as long as its not me, of course.” Remember how Surye said the same thing? Maybe this is a communal scum instinct for survival. His second post says he’ll dynamite the next person who votes him. Need I say more?
Day 2 Posts:
His first post of day 2 is a weird defense against his actions Day 1. His second post says he’d be happy with ooba exploding. His fifth post says that all negativity is towards the town in this setup.
Day 3 Posts:
The first post after the night scene, which is his, illustrates the strange nightkill choice. He even goes to note that the only thing strange about nightson’s (the NK) posts is that he suspected Surye, who we now know is scum. His second post (Post 187, I lost count ;)) says that his “dynamite the next person who votes me” post had no meaning.
Day 4 Posts:
nothing really valuable to this case
Day 5 Posts:
first post. Says yesterday was a disaster. Says surye and yos are scum together. Third post: says that he assumes surye is scum, but makes sure everyone knows he said assumed. Eighth post: He says yos should blow up surye. Ninth post: is some weird contradictory statement about yos and surye blowing up each other.
Day 6 Posts:
Third post: presents his list, and says that yosarian is cleared on interactions with surye. Twelfth and Thirteenth Posts: says yosarian is “confirmed town”, then changes it to “townish enough”.
Day 7 Posts:
Second Post: takes himself off his list only as an enforcer, not as town.

In addition to this: throughout the game, Surye, Yosarian2 and CES link themselves together somehow.

Another point is who was nightkilled. Ergo is an odd choice, but he probably wanted to keep PokerFace on his list so that he could suspect him today.

I’m pretty much sold.
vote: Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:28 am

skitzer, I'm not going to respond to your case post by post, because you didn't provide links or quotes, but from the looks of it, it looks more like I'm
not
mafia than otherwise, really.

Oh, and that 'lists himself as enforcer' tell is bullcrap.

You're also completely ignoring how I pretty much pushed for Yos to blow up from day 1.

If I get 3 votes I will strike a light, and will take over enforcer duties from NabNab. skitzer's vote is the first, so I'll need two more.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Flameaxe »

elvis_knits wrote:CES should die today for trying to confirm Yos as town yesterday.

vote CES
Skitzer's is the second, actually.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hello all, here is what I think

People I think are Town:

Elvis
- supported lynches of both surye and yos. Haven't seen her act individually scummy.
NabNab
- he was on late at night with me and Elmo. By being online at that time there was no way Me or Elmo could have skirmed out of blowing up. And in retrospect if we did he could not have. He would of had to blow up or be killed imediatly today. He was on and responsible. He was the enforcer we needed him to be. Look at his comments with Yosarian on Day 5, I have trouble seeing them on the same team. Only bad thing was him not fully supporting Surye lynch. Haven't seen him act individually scummy.
Flameaxe
- lurked which is scummy yet could be laziness for his playstyle. Did support lynches of both surye and yos

People acting scumy and have conections to scum:

Skitzer
- Reached on Elmo and OMGUSed Elvis. Did support a Surye lynch. Was attacked by Yosarian for lurking. In his last post he looks at the night kill and uses its wifom to incriminate CEScum.
Quagmire2/marmalade
- only lurker Yosarian never spoke about until I prompted him to do it. Yos said elmo, Flame, and skitzer were all lurking at different points in the game. He never said marmalade was until I asked him.
CEScum
- Did not support Surye lynch. Did support Yosarian lynch
strongly
until yesterday. Here is the quote that I previously felt made him scum:
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Hmm.. Strange nightkill choice again.

I suppose the only thing particular about Nightson's posts is that he suspected Surye, but that's probably a distraction from the fact that the first nightkill is incriminating Yos2.
Can be looked at differently with the knowledge of both Surye and Yosarian being scum, that would mean he was bussing Yosarian while defending Surye. Anyone else besides me think that would be foolish? Which player is less experienced and a much more reasonable bus? There is still some connection between him and the scum but i would say it is weaker because of how he reacted to Yosarian2 earlier in the game.

For today what I think is CEScum blowing up Quagmire2. I think Quag2 or rather marmalade has to go up, I feel that connection may be stronger since MR. Nuke All Lurkers did not speak about him till I called him on it. If that is not game over then Day8 Skitzer should go up. I have trouble seeing Elvis, NabNab, and FlameAxe as scum.

Vote: Quagmire2

Is there actually 3 scum? I don't know but if we kill one and the game isn't over then there must be four. If we mislynch and the game isn't over, then there must be three. No need to debate that matter just find the scum and kill them as fast as possible thats the only way we'd find the answer to whether it is 3 or 4. I am a bit busy to post a vote count but as it stands elvis and skitzer are both voting CEScum.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I just read through Marmalade in order to confirm my suspicion that he has a stronger connection to the scum than CEScum has. I was right, Marmalade connection to the scum is stronger, BIGTIME!
Marmalade wrote:
unvote
, I'm more convinced by Elmo's recent post.

Can someone who finds Yos scummy actually give a proper case? I'm finding the Yos hate pretty boring, to be honest.

I agree with pickem that Surye's recent posts are suspect, but I'm not entirely sure as of yet whether or not his skitzler vote is opportunistic. Not voting for now.
The first part references Yosarian2 and now allow me to translate the bolded. "Hi I am marmalade, my scumbuddy is a good lynch, but I'm not going to vote for him". And he had earlier made a strong push on Surye without voting Surye.
Marmalade wrote:
Surye wrote:@LML: I struck a light, as it seemed like a good stratagy for everyone to be equal in risk, and given day one everyone was striking like mad, I assumed there was the state we would be safe in, as it would be sort of like a cold war.
Conform much?
Surye wrote:That said, I'm willing to possibly use my dynamite when we come to a decision so that town does not need to risk any more people, as I doubt scum will attack me, they would lose a 1 for 2 game far too quickly. If anyone else wants to strike a light, I'm not trying to say not too, just that since I did, and cannot undo it, I'll try to put it to good use later.
This feels slightly off to me -- almost like an appeal to look more like a townie. This type of argument, however, is notoriously problematic, as GreasySpot's dynamite explosion of blazerunner demonstrates. It just is a bit of a gut suspicion that I have.
I see no reason for him to hesitate voting Surye except for the possibility they are scum together.

Indiviually scumy acts by marmalade:

He OMGUS's Elmo between the two Surye posts I quoted earlier:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 50#1019550
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 46#1019746
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32#1020032
Marm could have easily asked Elmo for a reason "before" voting him.
He stops voting Elmo after a very confusing post by elmo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 70#1023370
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 90#1023690

He struck a light early in the game and wiggled out of it badly!
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 91#1013491
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 41#1014341

It should be noted that marmalade's last post was jumped on by NabNab. NabNab even voted Marmalade at that instant. Some time later after some criticism from NabNab, Yosarian jumped on NabNab
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 49#1048149
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 63#1048463
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 47#1052247
I think Yosarian may have been waiting to make that jump considering the posts that lie in between the second and third links here. For more on the Yosarian Marmalade link please view Marm's posts in isolation and count how many times he mentions Yosarian and how he mentions him. The answer is he defends Yosarian, ALOT! Too many times for me to link them all since this post is large enough as it is.

Now view Yosarian's posts in isolation and count how many times he says stuff about Marmalade directly. Using search (Crtl-F) That answer is 3 times. Here's the first
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 22#1071322
He points out Elmo voting marmalade for no reason but forgets Elmo also voted Erg0 for no reason.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 55#1032255

The second and third times involve me asking Yosarian a question. That I originally asked him on Day5 and he avoided that question for so long.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 40#1076140
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 11#1083011
Question first asked here:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 70#1052770

Individually scummy acts by Quagmire2:
Quagmire wrote:I am glad someone killed Yosarian. I will reread what I've missed since I've died and come up with something.
Are you really happy to see dead scum? I know the old Quagmire would be, but would the new one who was marmalade? I recognize that being happy over dead scum is not the strongest of tells but there isn't anything else from the New Quagmire. I eagarly await his analysis post on the games recent events.

Marmalade is much more likly scum. It will take alot for me to move this vote. CEScum what do you think? Do you agree? Has your opinion about me changed and what makes you think Elvis is scum? Is it all just process of elimination or do you have something more?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”