PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:12 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

atually Unvote--
Nanook hasn't been in many games after all and fairly common reaction to my play.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:20 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Actually I have been in couple games with you Peacebringer, and what other kind of reaction do you expect when you play like that. Your excuse is always the same, that is how you play, well that as it may be is quite the scummy way to play and my vote stands.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:23 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

so you vote for me because you don't like my play and are actually trying to start a diversion.

revote Nanook
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:44 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

No I vote for you because of the way you can't make up your mind when voting.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:24 am

Post by Mgm »

PB, you've voted for 4 or 5 different people just in the first day and you've been "following suit" most of the time. Haven't you got any proper ideas of your own? Even if that's your play style, it's scummy.

Besides, following a possible innocent player who claimed investigative power is less suspicious than you are. So I guess we can revisit Lulu once the MMCL/Tally thing gets sorted out.

Unvote: Lulu; Vote Peacebringer
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:55 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Unvote

Ok, I'll play along,
vote PB
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:42 am

Post by silgado106 »

Unvote: Lulu

We can definitely find out later on if she's lying, but as long as we still have her on our sight I think it will be ok. So we are watching you Lulu!

And PB, I am almost tired of your excuse
always
being "that's how I play". We ALL play the way we play, it's obvious since we are playing, but your jumping from one place to another with no reasonings is very scummy-looking. I hadn't noticed this before actually, it might be because the way
I
play is a bad one, but I don't use that as an excuse. I think we might have to get more replies from you, please give us more than just "that's how I play" because I think most of us won't take that.
Vote: PeaceBringer
and I believe this is the 5th vote on him, but I am not
entirely
sure, it might be the 6th, a vote count would help :P
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:48 pm

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

PeaceBringer- 5 (NanookTheWolf, Fuldu, Mgm, Save The Dragons, silgado106)
lulu muumuu- 2 (Talitha, willows_weep)
NanookTheWolf- 2 (MMCL, PeaceBringer)
MMCL- 1 (Wacky)
Talitha- 1 (Uraj45)
Mgm- 1 (Flying Dutchman)

Not voting (3) - Fishbulb, lulu muumuu, ralphmerridew

8 to lynch.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:14 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

and here is a shocker--

the PeaceBringer day one train starts yet again...I am far from impressed

this one started by nanook when pressure on him or lulu started.

please look elsewhere we have perfectly good reason to vote either nanook or lulu-- in my book more so Nanook at this point.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:23 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Peacebringer wrote:please look elsewhere we have perfectly good reason to vote either nanook or lulu-- in my book more so Nanook at this point.
Surprise! Surprise! Peacebringer, What's wrong still can't make up your mind ...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:30 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Yeah-- Nanook it would be real easy to know who is who if I were scum.

SINCE I AM PROTOWN I don't have any real idea who is who-- funny how that works. It really would not benefit the town to continue with the vote in this direction.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:34 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

silgado106 wrote:
Unvote: Lulu

We can definitely find out later on if she's lying, but as long as we still have her on our sight I think it will be ok. So we are watching you Lulu!

And PB, I am almost tired of your excuse
always
being "that's how I play". We ALL play the way we play, it's obvious since we are playing, but your jumping from one place to another with no reasonings is very scummy-looking. I hadn't noticed this before actually, it might be because the way
I
play is a bad one, but I don't use that as an excuse. I think we might have to get more replies from you, please give us more than just "that's how I play" because I think most of us won't take that.
Vote: PeaceBringer
and I believe this is the 5th vote on him, but I am not
entirely
sure, it might be the 6th, a vote count would help :P
Ok give this response---
yes I vote switch-- I will continue to vote switch-- if the culture of Mafia keeps wanting to push me to claim or get lynched day one it will be sad.

But fair enough once again you push me to claim my Role-

I am a roleblocker---I obviously do not know for fact wether the person I blocked or not is scum. I had hoped time to figure it out but alas no such luck.

The person I blocked was Uraj45- I mentioned him once when he jumped on Talitha but actually hope to just mull around with my vote and figure it out. But know once again a diversion toward me worked and you out a role player.... HAPPY?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:36 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

You're right I don't know who is who, but I do know who appears to be who. When I made the comment that you can't make up your mind, my reasoning behind it is because you have split reasoning. Basically, you make your reason, then you go on with someone else. There is no point really arguing this any longer because as it seems it is you who has 5 votes not I at the moment, which means something and that something isn't that I am manipulative like you will probably post directly after this. You know if this is the way that you play, then maybe you should try another strategy, because I am sorry to say, but we are not on Footballguys, this is Mafiascum, and a strategy like that will get you lynched every time.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:40 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

nanook-- a little comment about what you just said--

I don't follow the crowd, I play the way I play. If "mafiescum" players try and force everyone to play the same way by pushing to lynch day one of folks they don't like the play style then that is sad.

At any rate- you got your claim, my vote will not change.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:10 pm

Post by Talitha »

nanook (about peacebringer) wrote:my vote will remain on him until he is lynched or killed.
Isn't this overkill? You were our mod in South Park where Peacebringer was a townie. How is his voting style different in this game?? Have a look at Newbie 53 where Peacebringer
was
scum... does he vote/unvote all the time there? Not that I can see. What's my point? Well, I think your reason for voting Peacebringer is pure crap, and possibly designed to divert attention from yourself, or someone else.

And why would you say that you won't change your vote until he's lynched or killed? I can't see how sentiments like that will help the town. If we're suspicious of PB we'll be able to test his claimed ability. (I know PB said the same thing in the post above, but he has better reason to, IMO.)

There's a term for players who are common vote/lynch targets because of their posting/playing style... "Lynch bait".
unvote: lulu, vote: nanook
- for going after the lynch bait, rather than hunting scum.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:38 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Peacebringer wrote:nanook-- a little comment about what you just said--

I don't follow the crowd, I play the way I play. If "mafiescum" players try and force everyone to play the same way by pushing to lynch day one of folks they don't like the play style then that is sad.

At any rate- you got your claim, my vote will not change.
I don't know if you've noticed or not, but your comment about mafiascum trying to make all players play the same is crap and you know it. I made a comment about you're playing style and how it seems to pretty much not work out for you as you easily get picked on Day 1, and in turn made a suggestion in trying a different technique. That is all.

When I made my last post, I didn't see that you had roleclaimed, and I never even asked you too, so that is your own doing not mine. Yes, I voted you, but I never once asked you for a roleclaim. As for removing my vote, the only was I will do so is if Uraj confirms that he was blocked last night. Otherwise I still think that your "style" is "scummy". Go ahead and lynch me, because you know what this is getting old pretty quick.

Talitha wrote:There's a term for players who are common vote/lynch targets because of their posting/playing style... "Lynch bait".
unvote: lulu, vote: nanook - for going after the lynch bait, rather than hunting scum.
This is the first game that I've ever been in that I have heard that term lynch bait used before. As for Peacebringer's playing style in other games, the only ones that I really payed attention to were the ones that I was in with him. Sure he wasn't scum then, but you know what who says that he couldn't be trying to use the same strategy just in a different role.

You mentioned that he was scum in Newbie 53, right? That he didn't seem to act the same either.
Talitha wrote:Have a look at Newbie 53 where Peacebringer was scum... does he vote/unvote all the time there? Not that I can see. What's my point?
Honestly Talitha I think your point is mistaken, because this is what I found from looking over that game.
Peacebringer in Newbie 53 on Day 1 wrote:I see a lot of wisdom in no vote at the moment thus
vote No Lynch

Unvote No lynch

I
vote Kadath32

mmcl
UNVOTE KADATH
I actually thought I had a post doing that after his first statement. So far what I see is interesting.

I will
vote Olio
because I agree his play has been questionable at the moment.

Unvote Olio, Vote MLaker
All these votes are from Peacebringer on just Day 1 and do realize that this game is much smaller then the one that we are in now. I admit from reading the game later once they got into Day 2 he didn't do it as much, but that is still besides the point because we are not on Day 2.

I
Fos: Talitha
for trying to defend Peacebringer by saying that he didn't play the same as scum in Newb 53. What did you think I wouldn't check?
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:53 pm

Post by silgado106 »

I'm going to back down from my vote for now,
unvote: PeaceBringer
, and hope that maybe Uraj can give us some more insight. He might not be able to, and if that's the case, we might try to confirm Peacebringer's role some other time instead. Also, I didn't ask for a roleclaim either. I am not too sure if I like the idea of bandwaggoning for role claims, although some times it is necessary, and I mostly hate it when it happens to me, but I did ask you for more posts. All I wanted was more posts that we can look at and see if we could catch you in a lie/slip or anything that would give us assurance that you are scum. Do note that I am not repriminding you for your role claim, as you had lynch-3 votes.

I think I won't vote for now until I read more from others.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:20 pm

Post by Talitha »

nanook (about newbie 53) wrote:All these votes are from Peacebringer on just Day 1
Wow, 4 different votes on Day 1! Scandalous... Seriously, I'm just saying that your insistence that he is scum based on his voting in this game is really clutching at straws. I've just had a look at all his posts on the filtered list, and by pulling all the votes and unvotes out of context and posting them together you have made them look 10 times more wishy washy than they actually are.

You even said yourself, that his style wasn't necessarily evidence of his role!:
nanook wrote:who says that he couldn't be trying to use the same strategy just in a different role.
Exactly. I'm not convinced that he
is
acting the same as Newbie 53.. but even if he is, it doesn't mean much.
nanook wrote:I Fos: Talitha for trying to defend Peacebringer by saying that he didn't play the same as scum in Newb 53. What did you think I wouldn't check?
The point is
you
should've checked stuff like that before stating that under no circumstances would you change your vote.

I'm becoming more and more convinced of Nanook's scumminess.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:26 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I'm sorry if I don't have the time to read every game that a player's been in in order to come to a conclusion of whether or not they are scum. I take it as it comes, and there you go.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:28 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Funny Nanook-- you sure are still trying hard after I have role claimed...

If you look at the context of Newbie 53 and what I did is quite different then what I did here.

And in general I am more prone to switch votes on day one in any game then later in the game because I am looking for information. Reading reactions and behaviors gives me information-plus the voting shifts also gives me another read. Are my reads accurate all the time certainly not, do I always changes votes even, no. But it is my primary day one play and I was trying to blend in and not stand out here, which is why the increased following votes trying to avoid claiming.

And Nanook-- no you didn't ask for claim-- Sildago's vote essentially did... I could wait and see if I get one or 2 more votes but I have been around enough to know what point I have to claim, I didn't want to and was trying to blend in to not have to claim.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:33 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

silgado106 wrote:I'm going to back down from my vote for now,
unvote: PeaceBringer
, and hope that maybe Uraj can give us some more insight. He might not be able to, and if that's the case, we might try to confirm Peacebringer's role some other time instead. Also, I didn't ask for a roleclaim either. I am not too sure if I like the idea of bandwaggoning for role claims, although some times it is necessary, and I mostly hate it when it happens to me, but I did ask you for more posts. All I wanted was more posts that we can look at and see if we could catch you in a lie/slip or anything that would give us assurance that you are scum. Do note that I am not repriminding you for your role claim, as you had lynch-3 votes.

I think I won't vote for now until I read more from others.
Sorry if I misunderstood you intent Silgado-- first time someone actually wanted to hear more from me, except when I am not posting much where I play elsewhere and they suddenly think I am being scummy. The psychology of the game.

Oh-- a point to make too Nanook- I don't believe for a minute that you never heard the term lynch bait.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:35 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Peacebringer wrote:Funny Nanook-- you sure are still trying hard after I have role claimed...
When you put as much time as I did into that, you would too.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:25 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

PeaceBringer wrote:Oh-- a point to make too Nanook- I don't believe for a minute that you never heard the term lynch bait.
Meh, I've never heard it either. And I really can't see much relevence, and based on the little relevance it might have to this game, I don't see why someone would lie about it.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:27 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

NanookTheWolf wrote:
Peacebringer wrote:Funny Nanook-- you sure are still trying hard after I have role claimed...
When you put as much time as I did into that, you would too.
No I would not, not unless I had something I was trying to hide or spin away from. And I give you that doing all that quoting takes time and is work, especially when you avoid the total context.

That kind of behavior to me is way scummy... more scummy then switching votes on day one when no one has any clue yet.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:18 pm

Post by Mgm »

I'll
unvote: PB
for now and await Uraj's response on PB's claim.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”