Newbie 595 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Super Archivist »

Battousai wrote: SA:
239- vote the person gone for 5 days
Is that a suggestion? I don't really remember the context of that post anyway.
277- WIFOM scum wouldn't vote partner
Kay. (Muerrto said that earlier... He said that if he was mafia with an incompetent partner, he'd kill him. (If he IS mafia, he wouldn't want to tell us this, but that's WIFOM too...))
213- shaka!! writes this about it Post 213 by SA isn't good. He says that the plan was reckless and probably shouldn't have been done, yet he was fully prepared and in fact was the only to vote Litral on the plan
Okay, my best defense for that post is this: when I voted, no one had posted other than Muerrto and Litral for a long time (except for q21, whose most recent post was saying that he thought Litral was scummy). So we had Litral voting for himself, and Muerrto (IC) and q21 (ICish) both suspecting him. Litral and Muerrto seemed very sure of themselves in their plan, and it looked okay at the time to me (if it didn't turn out to be Litral and Muerrto, we still had another chance after that)... Anyways, I voted. I wasn't too sure about the vote, but I figured I could always unvote (which I did).
Looking back at it, my support of that plan was very suspicious. If I was mafia, if we went through with the plan, two townies would have been lynched, plus night kills. That would have been obviously really good for me.
But since I'm not mafia, it was a bad noob mistake. Sorry. ;_;
Muerrto:
going off of snafoo's posts on page 13 lead me to read page 1 and 2 again.

Page 2- I do not like your attacks on snafoo at all. They were unfounded, misinterpreted and twisted scummy. In the RVS snafoo voted you for being an IC (I took that as similar to vote the female or vote the guy who's name starts with q), The only other time he brought it up was when he recaped events thus far which include his first random vote. He didn't use the 'lynch all ICs' to list you and massive as his top 2 suspects, but other reasonings as posted in 60.
Muerrto's fixation with that line was odd. I can see his concerns (like if snafoo was scum, he could have used the vote ICs thing to kill all the town ICs. Of course, no one would actually do that, but whatever.), but he kept going on about it even after getting an explanation. If Muerrto was mafia wanting us to lynch snafoo, he could have probably come up with something more compelling, though... But then again, he DID get snafoo lynched eventually, and he turned out town. Hmm...

Official Vote Count

Super Archivist - 1 (q21)

Not Voting - 4 (Litral, Battousai, Muerrto, Super Archivist)

3 to Lynch.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Muerrto »

No. I got Winters lynched, not Snafoo. We all know why Winters got lynched, very, very different.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Battousai »

Muerrto- ya, but at the time no one knew anyone else's roles except the mafia. So I don't see how massive being cop would explain your posts or make snafoo's reasonings weak. Now on to more reading....
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Muerrto »

Battousai wrote:Muerrto- ya, but at the time no one knew anyone else's roles except the mafia. So I don't see how massive being cop would explain your posts or make snafoo's reasonings weak. Now on to more reading....
Yes but he was saying me and Massive were scumbuddies. That was his whole schtick. If he was wrong about Massive, why would you think otherwise about me? It should be a null tell, neither good nor bad. Otherwise you're putting more weight of his argument on me than Massive which makes no sense.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Litral »

I don't get the latest argument here. What I hear is that Battousai is saying Muerrto misrepresented snafoo, but Muerrto thinks Battousai is saying we should follow up on snafoo's suspicions. Am I right?
Super Archivist wrote: if we went through with the plan, two townies would have been lynched, plus night kills.
Is that a slip?

I promise to do a more detailed analysis tomorrow. Since I'm probably dying in the night, it is my responsibility to state all of my suspicions... tomorrow. Sorry!
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Battousai »

What I was saying is not that snafoo was right or wrong (was wrong about massive obviously), but how muerrto responded is what didn't sit well with me.
Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:34 am

Is that a slip?
No, that's assuming I was mafia, which would make you and Muerrto town.
Here's the full sentence:
If I was mafia
, if we went through with the plan, two townies would have been lynched, plus night kills.
What I was saying is not that snafoo was right or wrong (was wrong about massive obviously), but how muerrto responded is what didn't sit well with me.
This makes Muerrto's latest post irrelevant. He should explain his reasons for how he responded to snafoo, now that we all know what you're talking about. :wink:
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Super Archivist wrote:This makes Muerrto's latest post irrelevant. He should explain his reasons for how he responded to snafoo, now that we all know what you're talking about.
Muerrto wrote:Yes but he was saying me and Massive were scumbuddies. That was his whole schtick. If he was wrong about Massive, why would you think otherwise about me? It should be a null tell, neither good nor bad. Otherwise you're putting more weight of his argument on me than Massive which makes no sense.
K, done :D

And pushing this old mess makes you and Battousai look scummy, Battousai less so because he's new here.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:35 pm

He said he was suspicious of the way you reacted. Not that he agreed with snafoo's post.
And I don't see how that makes us scummy... o_o
Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:31 pm

Hey guys, thought you should know, shaka!!'s excuse for his disappearance:
Really long story short, I'm pretty much homeless. Sorry guys, I really can't afford to be spending so much time at a net cafe to keep up with you guys. Consider me out for everything.
(found on his profile)

So yeah, if all we have against Battousai is that shaka!! disappeared, he's no longer very suspicious to me. That doesn't totally clear him, of course, but still...
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by Litral »

Poor shaka...

vote record

Muerrto: Demon (1), snafoo (9), Mike (23) (lurkpressure), Mike (28), Litral (29), Muerrto (34), snafoo (57) (lurkpressure), Winter (snafoo) (88), shaka (104),

Battousai (shaka, starkmoon): voted me in that long series of posts

q21: Walnut (5), Mike (7) (lurkpressure), snafoo (24) (lurkpressure), SA (47) (lurkpressure),

SA: snafoo (1) (random), mike (11) (lurkpressure), Litral (14)

Now I don't really know how to do vote analysis, so this is just put here for your reference. I may have missed a few votes scanning through their posts. The numbers indicate the post number if you only view their posts.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:17 am

Post by q21 »

My personal read on Muerrto is that he's town. That said I don't like the way he isn't answering Battousai's questions. I may need to reread that passage of the game to see if there is any merit in it, though I didn't feel there was at the time.

Litral - I'm not sure its fair to label my vote for SA simply as lurkpressure. It was made to get the game started again after it had died, no one had posted for a while not just SA. Also, I didn't vote for SA because he was lurking I picked SA because I thought he was the scummiest and still do.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Litral »

I see what you mean and I agree. Consider it corrected.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Battousai »

Super Archivist wrote:
Battousai wrote: SA:
239- vote the person gone for 5 days
Is that a suggestion? I don't really remember the context of that post anyway.
No, that was what you basically said "Anyway, I'm still tempted to vote for snafoo because he's gone and he seems to be the most attractive option right now." -cut from 239.

Ok, just finished reading the thread. As I continued reading the game, my suspicions (I can't spell today :() of Muerrto dropped (a lot had to do with one of massive's posts concerning the lynch me and litral gambit) and my suspicions of SA rose. He is/was an active lurker and didn't contribute as much as he should had in circumstances. If q21 or litral are scum, you are playing a damn good game. Especially Litral for fooling the cop's investigation somehow.

So since the only two people I can see as being scum are SA and Muerrto (SA way at the top of the list and Muerrto a distant second)
Vote: SA
. That's L-1.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 am

Post by Muerrto »

Battousai seems legit to me because he could've jumped on the SA bandwagon alot earlier instead of pursuing me, a thread most of the town considers dead, with little to no attention placed on himself.

Litral is cleared period and I know my role. So it's SA or Q.

I'm ready to vote SA but I wanna hear from him first.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:40 am

Meh. Okay. Fine. Whatever. But I hope you guys can win tomorrow, since it's your last chance. :(

And I personally find Muerrto suspicious. I'd like to hear what Litral thinks of him now, since he suspected him awhile ago, but hasn't said much about it recently (and this is probably his last chance to do so...).

I also suspect q21, if only because he's one of the few left. Besides, we must have had some reason for suspecting Demonking back then...
Battousai is less suspicious to me because of shaka!!'s excuse. Shaka!!'s disappearance seems to be the only reason we suspected him in the first place, so yeah. (Or was there more?)

Before I die, I'd just like to say that my lack of good contributions to this game is because I'm a noob and I suck. Sorry. :cry:
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Battousai »

For future reference SA, when you play newb games, it is expected for newbies to make mistakes. But if you play the "I'm new" card as an excuse, that doesn't work very well and from my POV and I'm sure of many others, continued use of it makes you look scummier.
Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:50 am

Well, my lynch is pretty much inevitable at this point, so it doesn't really matter...
But you're right. I probably should have read more games and the wiki before playing this. It's not fair of me to let others down because I'm too lazy to analyze posts and reread and stuff. Actually, I think it's more of my laziness than noobness that's the problem... x_x

Anyways, I'll keep watching this game! Good luck town! :D

Question: When the game ends, is it still left open for awhile? And can dead people post after it's over?
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Muerrto »

Yeah it's open for discussion and criticism, props etc
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Muerrto »

Sigh...he sounds sincere but he's given me no reason not to do this. If Q is scum he deserves the win assuming he can pull it off tomorrow. Litral is confirmed and I know my role so I'm thinking Battousai tomorrow but only because I never had a good read on Starkmoon or Shaka.

Anyway,

Vote: SA

I hope we're right or at least we're right tomorrow.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Litral »

Well, this is the end of the line for me. Go for it guys. Perhaps it's better I haven't done a detailed analysis, because I'd probably misdirect you, being completely blind and confused.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:47 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Final Day 3 Vote Count

Super Archivist - 3 (q21, Battousai, Muerrto)

Not Voting - 2 (Litral, Super Archivist)

3 to Lynch.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:56 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Well it turns out Super Archivist was a faithful member of the council after all. One day, one scum - get some sleep!

Super Archivist
Townie
, Lynched Day 3

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices by Monday, June 9th.

Sorry about the name being wrong folks. I was looking at Litral's final Day 3 post when I was writing the death scene and transposed the names.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:45 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

You wake up to find Litral hanging over....

(offstage voice, whispers) "Are you sure it's Litral?"

(Mod, looking rather suprised and indignant) "What? Yes I'm sure, why?"

(offstage) "Well last time you kinda mucked things up, so just checking...."

(Mod) "Oh can it. Damn voices in my head, never shut up. Don't know what I have to do to get some peace and quiet around here...

Litral,
Townie
, Killed Night 3

Day 4 has begun. With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Muerrto »

Surprise surprise. Scum killed the confirmed guy =p
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”