Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Cream147 »

TSN, the problem with your whole argument is that how do we know we're not giving all our coins to scum? Then we're in an even worse position.

Mod edit:
Visible votecount:
TheSweatpantsNinja (4): Gimbo, sideney, iamausername, farside22
Gimbo (2): Alabaska J, somestrangeflea
armlx (2): killa seven, FaerieLord
Cream147 (2): Phoebus, armlx
Alabaska J (1): populartajo
Surye (1): Celebloki
populartajo (1): Rogue Shenanigans
Mr. Incrediball (1): Riceballtail
Xtoxm (1): DragonsofSummer
somestrangeflea (1): Dead Rikimaru
farside22 (1): TheSweatpantsNinja

Not voting (7): Xtoxm, Surye, mr. incrediball, MafiaSSK, alvinz95, Pepsidude, Cream147

With 24 alive it takes 13 real votes to lynch.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:54 am

Post by armlx »

Things I endorse:

Using all coins ASAP so scum can't drain them.

Things I do not endorse:

Coin Pooling. Putting all the coins in one basket seems like the optimal way for something disasterous to happen, and pooling them with multiple people seems like the optimal way for scum to just get a bunch of coins.

I think that having some kind of system so that all coins are redistributed to someone we know/assume are town from lynchee's is probably a good idea though. That way other people can use coins still (issue with all pooling on one person), but at the same time we maximize the amount of coins used by pro-town people without risking the scum getting any by only giving to 1-2 confirmeds.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Gimbo »

The problem here is people who know they are on the ropes will be eager to become our investigators. Because we still have to come up with a D1 lynch and whenever we start gaining the momentum on someone, they might step in and say 'hey, i'll investigate for you, don't kill me'. In which case, we will have a big problem D1 (right now). So should our priority right now be the D1 lynch or further plans?
Because no matter what, someone is going to die before N1 and we can either decide to do this meticulously and actually lynch the one who seems the most scummy (which might take god knows how long given the amount needed to lynch:13!) or lynch one of the non-posters (and assume that everyone so far who engaged in posting is pro-town) so we can get to N1.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:59 am

Post by armlx »

Yeah, but we won't do that. We will just lynch them.

I think you may be misreading what I am saying. The person about to be lynched bequeaths their fortune onto a confirmed.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:02 am

Post by farside22 »

armlx wrote:Yeah, but we won't do that. We will just lynch them.

I think you may be misreading what I am saying. The person about to be lynched bequeaths their fortune onto a confirmed.
No one is confirmed D1 as town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Gimbo »

armlx wrote:Things I endorse:

Using all coins ASAP so scum can't drain them.

Things I do not endorse:

Coin Pooling. Putting all the coins in one basket seems like the optimal way for something disasterous to happen, and pooling them with multiple people seems like the optimal way for scum to just get a bunch of coins.

I think that having some kind of system so that all coins are redistributed to someone we know/assume are town from lynchee's is probably a good idea though. That way other people can use coins still (issue with all pooling on one person), but at the same time we maximize the amount of coins used by pro-town people without risking the scum getting any by only giving to 1-2 confirmeds.
However, we will have to take a risk no matter what. Individual usage won't work because the fact that TSN gave armlx the coin leads me to the assumption that Sweatspantsninja doesn't have enough coin to NK me at that point (which is 5 I believe) and he gave only 1 coin to armlx (so he most likely only have 1 or 2 himself because toherwise he would've given more to armlx) because he probably assumed that armlx doesn't have enough also, which leads me to conclude that in general, no one really have that many coin to really do anything significant N1 so our best option for N1 is to select 3 or 4 people to pool the coins.

P.S. to farside. I am probably as town as you can get right now (lol) and even though you are not suppose to trust anyone on D1, you will have to take a leap of faith. I would be it BUT I actually don't want that responsibility because I don't want that HUGE target on my back.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 am

Post by armlx »

farside22 wrote:

No one is confirmed D1 as town.
Your point? So we just don't have them hand out any, or we choose someone we can all agree is pro-town.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Gimbo »

Lynch who? One of us posters or kill off a non-poster?

In fact, if someone about to die anyways would still give their coins to a 'confirmed' townie, isn't that the biggest tip-off that they really are town and innocnet becuz if that was a scum, then wouldn't he/she just blatantly refuse to hand over their coins?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:13 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Gimbo wins again with the scum refusing to hand over coins. Unless people want to get lynched for being anti-town, when the town decides its time to move coins, they'd better move coins. That said, the day hasn't even been going for more than 24 hours. People will come back and contribute. We shouldn't be anywhere near lynching yet.
armlx wrote: Coin Pooling. Putting all the coins in one basket seems like the optimal way for something disasterous to happen, and pooling them with multiple people seems like the optimal way for scum to just get a bunch of coins.
But coin pooling can directly lead to optimal coin usage, meaning scum get no coins, unless, of course, town members hold out on us. Or are you referring to scum getting some of those coins? They'll have to give some away as well, unless they think they can chance getting away with lying about having coins at all.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:16 am

Post by armlx »

The problem here is people who know they are on the ropes will be eager to become our investigators. Because we still have to come up with a D1 lynch and whenever we start gaining the momentum on someone, they might step in and say 'hey, i'll investigate for you, don't kill me'. In which case, we will have a big problem D1 (right now).
I was referring to this.

TSN, I don't trust scum to A) claim the correct number of coins they have or B) us to only give coins to town at this point in time.

And yeah, Gimbo, even mafia will give away coins because of that. Only stubborn people on both sides won't.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:24 am

Post by FaerieLord »

armlx wrote:
And yeah, Gimbo, even mafia will give away coins because of that. Only stubborn people on both sides won't.
What he said. This will create such a big headache because of people "not trusting someone" or because people "have a plan" or because of something else that their mind beckons them to do. Refusing to pool, will be a null-tell.

That said, if it where to happen, I'd pool. But I'd rather have everyone do his own thing
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:29 am

Post by armlx »

FaerieLord wrote: That said, if it where to happen, I'd pool. But I'd rather have everyone do his own thing
I agree with this statement.
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Rogue Shenanigans »

There will be a time where pooling could be a good thing. Its probably not day one though.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
Give one coin to armlx.
Transaction succesful. TheSweatpantsNinja loses 1 coin, armlx gains 1 coin.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Gimbo »

Ok, guys I have to make a revelation that I think will help this game.

You guys have to prevent me from dying N1 no matter what. I can potentially save town in the future (if things go awry for us). However, to do that, I CAN NOT die N1, so I need the coins more than anyone else.

I can't tell you exactly why or how my ability works, at this point, I am risking my life by saying this but I need to save myself tonight. Assuming that no non-mafia will try to kill me, I just need 2 more coins (I have 1) to get myself a mushroom to protect myself.

I feel like I have to say this because I can not risk myself being NK N1, its not worth it to not reveal because I might be dead. In fact, even if I get NKed N2, it won't matter anymore because my ability is one-shot and after that I become a normal townie, the fact that I was able to exert my ability after N1 makes it a worthwhile death afterwards (but you scums don't have to kill me...even though you might be pissed at me ;]).

To make this work of course, no one should try to NK me if you are not the scum. And if you are scum, you can't kill me because I WILL be using the mushroom.

With all this said, the worst that can happen is that none of you guys trust me, I then will get NKed tonight FOR SURE (trust me, the scum knows I am not one of them and know that what I said does hold weight) by the scums and we will loss a potential benefit to this game.

Ok, so to sum up,
I NEED 2 coins from anyone
. I can't wait untill night and see whether I can gain coin or lose coin (since according to rules, either can happen), but thats too much of a risk. I need to protect myself.

I know exactly what I am doing, all I need is for everyone to trust me on this one and not try to NK me and for someone to give me 2 coins.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Phoebus »

As hare-brained as Sweaty's scheme sounds...I'd go ahead with it.

Even with coin pooling and scum getting some coins, we could have some sort of fail-safes.

Have two people investigate one person.
The odds of both investigators being scum/stupid are minimal.

Have each person investigate a separate one.
Perhaps one or two will lie about their investigations.
They won't say who's guilty but put these investigations in concert with reactions and behaviour...we can give the benefit of doubt to some of the investigated people.
Plus, if we hit one or more innocents - it gives scum many moving targets and not enough shots...
I'd think the mod would've limited scum's multiple kill ability.

Also...we'd decide on who was to be investigated and by whom.

Did that make any amount of sense?
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Gimbo »

P.S. If I can get a star, that would be better since but if I can only get 2 other coins, it'll be fine.

From this point on, I will view any transactions between 2 players who I deem a bit scummy will warrant a huge FOS from me (and hopefully the rest of town) as I will see it as you pooling to kill me.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Phoebus »

Eww.
No.

That's really the sort of post no one likes.
Either get all cards on the table or get your carcass out...
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Gimbo »

Vote:Phoebus

Don't fuck with me -__-
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:58 am

Post by armlx »

I concur with Phoebus, Gimbo. If you are going to want us to trust you with something like this, you have to put all your chips in the pot.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Gimbo »

sry, forgot to unvote

Unvote
Vote:Phoebus
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Phoebus »

unvote: Cream147 ; vote: Gimbo

Very definitely OMGUS but couple that with that half claim - game breaking role...whatever.

I tried to ask once nicely.
Now I don't care for the language any more.
And I'm not above going "whining" to the mod.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Gimbo »

Ok, I am able to revive someone from the dead. What that means is that after D1 and NI, 2 will be dead. Assuming that at least 1 is townie (since identity is revealed). I can revive that person.

What this does is it publicly confirms 2 townies, me and the person I revive (since that person's identity has been publicized)

In addition, scums won't get any benefit from killing me after that because me and the revived go back to being regular townies (so killing us doesn't make no difference anymore).

Therefore, I decided to reveal rather than hide my ability, sicne revealing doesn't really increase my target IF it works out.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:01 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Jesus, what the hell was that. I'd rather he didn't claim at all. As if anyone in his right mind would want to shoot gimbo tonight
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Gimbo »

Phoebus I do apologize for the language, but its people like you who screws up town and right now IGMEOY big time.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”