Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Gimbo »

FaerieLord, claiming doesn't hurt me in this case, because this is a one-shot ability. If I don't claim, there is 24 players, what are the odds that the mafia won't choose to NK me or than 1 of the townies might NK me? It only takes 5 to NK, and I decided to reveal because its highly likely that claiming right now would help town.

Mod edit:
Visible votecount:
TheSweatpantsNinja (3): sideney, iamausername, farside22
Gimbo (2): Alabaska J, somestrangeflea, Phoebus
armlx (2): killa seven, FaerieLord
Cream147 (2): armlx
Alabaska J (1): populartajo
Surye (1): Celebloki
populartajo (1): Rogue Shenanigans
Mr. Incrediball (1): Riceballtail
Xtoxm (1): DragonsofSummer
somestrangeflea (1): Dead Rikimaru
farside22 (1): TheSweatpantsNinja
Phoebus (1): Gimbo

Not voting (7): Xtoxm, Surye, mr. incrediball, MafiaSSK, alvinz95, Pepsidude, Cream147

With 24 alive it takes 13 real votes to lynch.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:07 am

Post by armlx »

Full claiming was definitely the right option in this scenario.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Gimbo »

EBWOP: 5 coins I meant.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Gimbo »

ok armlx, I won't rush to ask you for your trust. Just think about it for now, but by the end of the day, if I don't have 3 coins (or even better 8 coins for a Star), I will be dead by D2.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:10 am

Post by alvinz95 »

What is with 9 pages in 1 day????????? Darn....

Vote: Bowser
lol jk,
unvote, vote: Xtoxm

Cause its random.
Is back.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Phoebus »

See - having your eye on me doesn't make me uncomfortable. Your language does.

Your apology is appreciated but you're really blowing hot and cold here.

A) I was never trying to screw with you. Just pointing out how what you did was unnecessary.

B) Secondly, your claimed ability...wouldn't necessarily confirm anyone. Most games with Necromancers don't reveal alignment - that would really defeat the purpose. Imagine a dead cop revived with a doc protecting him for as long as he would be alive.

C) The way you were acting, there was no reason to panic and ask for the mushrooms - like Faerie said...no one would've killed you. You're too tantalising a day lynch target.

Now...as the situation stands...I think it's time for Devil's advocate, meta and WIFOM in good measure.

unvote: Gimbo ; vote: Cream 147

We don't need to lynch you.
If scum believe you, you will die tonight.
If you're not lying about ability, you ought to revive today's lynch victim - provided their alignment is revealed - before you die.
So that's 1 - 1 to scum
Given that you don't die at night, you should probably revive someone anyway. Either tonight or next night.

I don't think you're going to break the game by reviving some all important role.
As I see it...whatever mechanic might cause Peach to get kidnapped - most likely Bowser "looking for her" - ends the game in sudden death the next day if we don't know who kidnapped her.
This particular mechanic makes me a little skittish but for now, I'd trust Lawrence to know what he's doing...
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:12 am

Post by armlx »

Phoebus, alignments are revealed according to the first post.

I support the lynch, Gimbo revives the victim if they are town plan.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Phoebus »

Yes,...I was just going through that rule 16...
Makes me even iffier about the claim.

1) With most night actions going on sale...why would anyone be given one which is present and off the market
2) Could Magikoopa (for I assume it's someone like him) do revivals? Was he ever completely pro town?

Though yes....if the revive is available, then he ought to revive the lynchee when his alignment is known.

Mod:
If transactions fail because someone holds an item, is the item returned to the gifter? or dropped?

Might be interesting bargains a la Settlers of Catan here later...

e.g. Give me all your coins for a mushroom or something...
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:21 am

Post by iamausername »

Lawrencelot wrote:Fireflower (
3 coins for protown players
, 5 coins for others): grants you one nightkill.
I think it's suspicious that Gimbo believes fireflowers cost 5 coins, because I think scum players would be more likely to forget they have a different cost for pro-town than pro-town players simply getting the price wrong.
Phoebus wrote:B) Secondly, your claimed ability...wouldn't necessarily confirm anyone. Most games with Necromancers don't reveal alignment - that would really defeat the purpose. Imagine a dead cop revived with a doc protecting him for as long as he would be alive.
I'd imagine that the fact that we don't appear to have any way to protect other players probably goes against this point.
But Gimbo being able to revive another player doesn't comfirm
him
as pro-town, certainly.
Phoebus wrote:2) Could Magikoopa (for I assume it's someone like him) do revivals? Was he ever completely pro town?
Since Gimbo's claimed his role mechanics, there's no harm in getting him to also claim his role name, as far as I can see, and it would help us in figuring out the likelihood that he's on our side.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:22 am

Post by armlx »

Phoebus, I see no reason to care if the claim is real or not today. If it isn't, we will know soon enough and lynch him.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:23 am

Post by armlx »

iam, he was probably assuming him only scum would want to kill him at this point.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Cream147 »

The claim from Gimbo was definitely the right decision.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Rogue Shenanigans »

Its not a full claim yet.

Nameclaim.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:55 am

Post by iamausername »

armlx wrote:iam, he was probably assuming him only scum would want to kill him at this point.
OK, but he was citing that as the price in Post #180, before he'd made his roleclaim.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Gimbo »

Shit guys, okay regarding the 5 point thing, I didn't look carefully enough, I am sorry.

Oh shit here goes, I'm a Toad for Mushroom Kingdom, I am like all Toads except that I have the revival ability which I can use only once. Once I used it, I am back to regular townie, therefore, the claim was beneficial for me because it doesn't hurt in any way.

You guys should believe me, because the claim is true, if you will ever be able to counter my claim (impossible but lets just say hypothetically), then yea go ahead and lynch me.

BTW, I need 2 coins, otherwise this shit is pointless and I'll be dead by D2, I can only use my ability during the day publicly in the forum, which requries me to survive through N1 and then based on town decision (if both D1 and N1 kill are townie) pick one to revive.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:59 am

Post by populartajo »

Rogue Shenanigans wrote:Its not a full claim yet.

Nameclaim.
QFT.
This game is too fast for my taste but anyways...
Quickly reread N1 told me that TSN had a plan. It seems interesting. I might need a more detailed reread to find out if its indeed worthy at this stage of the game. For now I agree that we should have an optimal social use for coins but that it truly depends in all's colaboration.
BTW, I expect at least one scum in this Arlmx-Gimbo-Farside-TSN-Cream chat. Im probaly forgeting someone.
Quickly reread N2 told me that our friend Gimbo had claimed. I dont see why scum would put themseleves in the hot seat too fast so Im believing his claim and we can test it tomorrow.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Gimbo »

iamausername wrote:
armlx wrote:iam, he was probably assuming him only scum would want to kill him at this point.
OK, but he was citing that as the price in Post #180, before he'd made his roleclaim.
iamusername, do you see how petty your claim is. I am actually discussing something important here and so I overlooked the price difference. But besides, when I wrote it I can imagine that scums, in addition to nightkill might pool in to off me much more than townies (assuming i get the trust) will NK me.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:01 am

Post by populartajo »

Gimbo wrote:Shit guys, okay regarding the 5 point thing, I didn't look carefully enough, I am sorry.

Oh shit here goes, I'm a Toad for Mushroom Kingdom, I am like all Toads except that I have the revival ability which I can use only once. Once I used it, I am back to regular townie, therefore, the claim was beneficial for me because it doesn't hurt in any way.

You guys should believe me, because the claim is true, if you will ever be able to counter my claim (impossible but lets just say hypothetically), then yea go ahead and lynch me.

BTW, I need 2 coins, otherwise this shit is pointless and I'll be dead by D2, I can only use my ability during the day publicly in the forum, which requries me to survive through N1 and then based on town decision (if both D1 and N1 kill are townie) pick one to revive.
Why would Toad have a revival ability?
Call me Tajo.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Gimbo »

populartajo wrote:
Rogue Shenanigans wrote:Its not a full claim yet.

Nameclaim.
QFT.
This game is too fast for my taste but anyways...
Quickly reread N1 told me that TSN had a plan. It seems interesting. I might need a more detailed reread to find out if its indeed worthy at this stage of the game. For now I agree that we should have an optimal social use for coins but that it truly depends in all's colaboration.
BTW, I expect at least one scum in this Arlmx-Gimbo-Farside-TSN-Cream chat. Im probaly forgeting someone.
Quickly reread N2 told me that our friend Gimbo had claimed. I dont see why scum would put themseleves in the hot seat too fast so Im believing his claim and we can test it tomorrow.
I am pretty sure one of Armlx, TSN and iamusername is a scum, at the veyr least, but apparently they are the onlyl ones thats active right now, half the town hasn't even posted.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:06 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay I'm believing Gimbo and although people will question my sanity on this I look at it this way. He lied he is lynched for D2 he isn't lying well we have 1 confirmed town person returned (since we will know that person's allignment.) Of course if we find scum D1 someone will need to help Gimbo D2.
Instead of giving coin Gimbo I give you one better.

Give 1 mushroom to Gimbo
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Gimbo »

populartajo wrote:
Gimbo wrote:Shit guys, okay regarding the 5 point thing, I didn't look carefully enough, I am sorry.

dude, you know the rule states that I can not quote my role pm. You know how when your get your role pm it tells you what coin you start with (if any). Well, I got a 1-up mushroom and a coin. Remember my
last avatar
, it was a hint to my fellow other Toad who might also have the 1-up Mushroom. The 1-up Mushroom is used for revival, after that any mushroom I get is for regular use.

Please I have told you everything, I am reluctant to ignore your request for detail but still I've said what I have to say, now you guys have to tell me whether you believe me.

Thanks Farside, it will pay off, trust me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:08 am

Post by farside22 »

populartajo wrote:

Someone is looking scummy. Everyone is Toad (or is someone that looks like toad, but not a toad). Someone doesn't have a toad role = scum.
unvote: Vote: populartajo
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:11 am

Post by populartajo »

farside22 wrote:
populartajo wrote:

Someone is looking scummy. Everyone is Toad (or is someone that looks like toad, but not a toad). Someone doesn't have a toad role = scum.
unvote: Vote: populartajo
That's why I asked. Because Im a Toad and dont have any revival abilities.
Call me Tajo.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Gimbo »

Shit Farside, I think I cannot get an item because technically I have the 1-up mushroom right now. The transaction will fail.

But I am able to buy a regular mushroom during the night (I think), so
2 coins
is all I need.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Gimbo wrote:Shit Farside, I think I cannot get an item because technically I have the 1-up mushroom right now. The transaction will fail.

But I am able to buy a regular mushroom during the night (I think), so
2 coins
is all I need.
Actually you can only hold one item. I assumed you knew that reading the rules. You have to use an item before you can buy or receive an item. In other words you already have a mushroom for the night, why are you asking to buy one for tonight and saying you are going to die?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”