Newbie 594: (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Nocmen »

Battousai wrote:Ok, this whole cop thing is dragging on and we only have a 50/50 chance of a cop even being in the game. I think we should start scumhunting today, especially those who have not scumhunted at all D2.

Like I said Weilawei is the scummiest person left in the game. Post 212, he defended BW recent posts and pointed out he's for helping scum. Then when gorillaman continues his attacks on BW, weilawei jumps in on gorillaman and muddies the water with the tu quoque which effectively got gorillaman's attention away from BW.
Which is one of the main reasons I am voting for him as well. I did not like his way that seemed a lot like defending BW.
weilawei
weilawei
Townie
weilawei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:05 am

Post by weilawei »

Apparently, rational discussion of issues relevant to first-time players is discouraged. Also apparently discouraged is correcting craplogic.

Battousai has been bandwagoning and switching up his vote constantly. He's eager for any lynch--except for scum. As I've stated, he made serious attempts to distance himself from BlackWolf via carefully timed votes and unvotes.

I've attempted to contribute what I can glean from these posts and patterns of activity as well as encouraging solid logic. If it isn't welcome, so be it.

Battousai consistently fails to keep track of events--or seems to anyways. He cannot figure out the difference between tu que and tu quoque. Also, the presence of a roleblocker DOES NOT mandate the presence of a cop/doctor pair in F11. It's entirely possible to have a roleblocker without any town power roles. Until Battousai's last post about the 50/50 chance, he seems to have assumed we had a cop.

If we do have a cop/doctor pair, they need to provide us with solid information as it becomes available. Until that point, the Doctor should maintain silence. Town is in an excellent position to win at this point--there's no reason to screw it up.

Vote: Battousai
[size=67]you will birth a god and build an eternal paradise[/size]
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:02 am

Post by Battousai »

Weilawei, if you're going to say I constantly switch up my vote (note the two people I found most suspicious D1 were Weilawei and BW), then list everytime I voted, my said reason, and the vote count that resulted from it to prove your point. I haven't back read that yet, but I'm pretty positive I only voted for BW, Weilawei, and one other person because I wanted them to talk more. Right now I think the only reason your voting me is because I've suspected you for so long, and I will continue to vote/suspect you until you are lynched.

Nocmen: I also forgot to put in the fact he went inactive, Atticus voted him, and then when he came back his only response was, paraphrasing- "Why you voting me Atticus?" instead of looking back like 1 page right before a deadline.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Atticus »

I think that's actually a direct quote, Bat.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Battousai »

What is?
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by gorillaman »

I'm trying to decide if weilawei's actions D1 make sense for BlackWolf's partner. At the moment I'm thinking not, but it's taking a while to decide mainly because I can't be bothered to do a full re-read.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Mind telling us why you don't think his actions would match up with being a partner?
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:40 am

Post by zu_Faul »

I don't buy weilawei scum as well. He didn't really outright protect BlackWolf or anything, but I think this is what you are accusing him of.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Battousai »

That's what scum does. Straight defending is obviously scummy, but so is attacking someone's accuser which is what I'm accusing weilawei of.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Nocmen »

the main problem I have with weilawei is that his actions seem like an all over attack, not focusing on anyone, and just sort of jumping on someone when he sees a vulnerability.
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:19 am

Post by gorillaman »

Doesn't seem correct. Has weilawei gone after anyone but me, Battousai and, ultimately, BlackWolf? I think most of us have voiced some suspicion of at least that many people.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Battousai »

Think about it- BW is distancing, me and you were going after BW then weilawei goes after us. Isn't that just a bit suspicious to you?
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:28 am

Post by gorillaman »

I understand the 'weilawei attacks BlackWolf's aggressors' argument, but that's not relevent to the point I was making.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Battousai »

Oh, I thought your point was that he only attacked three people (much like a few others here have posted that amount or more). And my point was that it was suspicious that he chose those three people.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:35 am

Post by silence »

This is not too relevant but the chances of having cop&doc are a bit less than 50/50 (in the eyes of a townie) when observations of two townies are taken into account.

Have we agreed on a optimal cop/doc strategy?

Anyway, my 'weakest accusation ever' was already correct on one scum, I see no reason to stop believing it, thus I still suspect zu_Faul most.
weilawei
weilawei
Townie
weilawei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:29 am

Post by weilawei »

Nocmen wrote:the main problem I have with weilawei is that his actions seem like an all over attack, not focusing on anyone, and just sort of jumping on someone when he sees a vulnerability.
Not focusing on anyone? I've focused on people
in turn
each time I see something that doesn't quite fit. The little details may prove to be the writing on the wall. If scum slip, we should be vigilante and aware. If the person under scrutiny answers suitably, we move on. The point is not to mislynch or to quicklynch--the point is to investigate.

Do you think a real detective sits on his ass and lets scum announce himself? No. They pry.
[size=67]you will birth a god and build an eternal paradise[/size]
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:10 am

Post by zu_Faul »

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on weilawei
and
Battousai.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Battousai »

Weilawei care to answer post 427?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Second Vote Count of Day Two:

Battousai - 3 (zu_Faul, gorillaman, weilawei)

weilawei - 2 (Battousai, Nocmen)

Not Voting - 2 (silence, Atticus)

Seven alive means four to lynch.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Nocmen »

Hmm...I didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted. Looking towards weil and Batt...

weilawei: I never really understood his vote on gorillaman ...and I still don't. Then he goes onto this whole debate over whether it is a logical fallacy or not, and I see that as primarily just a means of getting a better reason for his vote. I don't like how he also seems to use the counter and not his own work to look for scumminess. I see his attack on Batt completely bs, at least for the initial fos for the numbers. He then goes more in depth to say that Batt is retalitory, but the only thing I really saw from the posts was Batt putting an FoS on ZF after ZF FoS'd him. Then afterwards...he goes and jumps on the BlackWolf wagon...Then goes back to a paired Batt/BlackWolf scum group, and votes Batt again. Very ironic considering he first attacked Batt for having a large amount of voting/FoSing.

Batt: First thing really with the game to look at is him FoSing Atticus for lurking...which is weird because at that time there were quite a few people lurking/inactive in this game...and he goes after him. Then attacks BlackWolf for being hypocritical. The key point with this vote is that he says "holding my vote until I had something else to add on" as well as he doesn't really go after BW until others point it out. Then has a brief questioning of Rickenon, and votes him. After there is already a pair of votes on him, of course. then when it seems the wagon may not work, goes back to BW. Now he votes weilawei...

With only one scum left, and 7 alive...I'm pretty sure it comes down to one of these two as the final scum. I have the opportunity to go and hammer Batt right now...which 1. may win the game for us immediately. 2. allow us to look much more in depth and possibly lynch weilawei tomorrow and 3. Give any possible cop another chance to get a guilty.

I see it as worth it...his only real attack on BW seems like he wasn't using his own information, and he wanted to try to say he was after his scum buddy to makehimself look better.

Unvote, Vote: Battousai
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Battousai »

Well I'm boned...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Final Vote Count of Day Two:

Battousai - 4 (zu_Faul, gorillaman, weilawei, Nocmen)

weilawei - 1 (Battousai)

Not Voting - 2 (silence, Atticus)

Battousai's death rings hollow as the sun falls, when you discover that he was nothing more than another simple citizen of your rapidly shrinking town.

Battousai, Townie, was lynched Day Two.

It is now Night Two. Please send any/all night actions to me no later than the end of Sunday, June 15th.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:28 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

His dark, ruggedly handsome features and amazingly large hands and feet were not enough to save gorillaman from the depredations of the scum - particularly, from being garotted and left in the alley behind his house, half inside of of his own trash cans.

gorillaman, Townie, killed Night 1

It is now Day 3; with five alive, three votes will be enough to lynch.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Nocmen »

I have reason to assume that right now, we do not have a cop or doc in this game. Though, if someone has a guilty result, I suggest that now is the time to claim.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:19 am

Post by silence »

Nocmen wrote:I have reason to assume that right now, we do not have a cop or doc in this game. Though, if someone has a guilty result, I suggest that now is the time to claim.
How can you have any more reason than others?

Also, Battousai was lynched unnecessarily fast (for example, I was not questioned about being inactive).

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”