Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Being intentionally useless
is
scummy, so I'd like to see you both of you lynched, actually.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Korlash »

How is it scummy? I though the key point about being scum is to appear town. How does being useless make me scum? It brings attention to me, makes me worthless in halping/bussing partners, I can't very well direct a mislynch if i ADMIT to being useless now can i?

at least I'm active. At least I'm more or less adressing things said to me. granted that alone makes me not useless doesn't it... ha ha ha... Ahhh... I'll have to try harder next time!
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Korlash wrote:How is it scummy? I though the key point about being scum is to appear town. How does being useless make me scum? It brings attention to me, makes me worthless in halping/bussing partners, I can't very well direct a mislynch if i ADMIT to being useless now can i?

at least I'm active. At least I'm more or less adressing things said to me. granted that alone makes me not useless doesn't it... ha ha ha... Ahhh... I'll have to try harder next time!
This lends itself to tons of circular logic, i.e.
1. S/he appears Town, only scum must try to appear Town
2. S/he must be scum for appearing Town
3. Other Town can play like scum.
4. S/he appears scum, they must be Town.
5. Since s/he must be Town, they must be acting like Town acts--since they are in fact Town.
6. Thus, s/he must be scum, because s/he is acting the way Town is supposed to--like scum.

In short, WIFOM.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Korlash »

*gasp* i fianlly know what your avatar is of! man... been wanting to play that game for ages... People kept saying big daddies were a pain but I seem to take care of them just fine...

anyways... Don't make me beat you to death with a golf club! >.>

Eldritch wrote:In short, WIFOM.
WIFOM that leads to me being town... By your own statement I'm more likely town cause I don't care. All this circumstancial stuff leads to me being town. Kleb's death leads to me being more active. Me being more active leads to me being less scummy. Hows that for circular logic? ^^

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by killa seven »

unvote vote Klebian

H'es on my scum list, go look it up.

The main thing that sticks out is how he voted me a few days ago when the wagons were between tsn and crub, and ended up gettin crub lynched. look it up.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Korlash wrote:WIFOM that leads to me being town... By your own statement I'm more likely town cause I don't care. All this circumstancial stuff leads to me being town. Kleb's death leads to me being more active. Me being more active leads to me being less scummy. Hows that for circular logic? ^^
WIFOM that leads to a 5/8 chance that you are, indeed, by standard psychological model, Town.

Unvote

Vote: Klebian

If he comes up Town, you're right next in line. ;D

Also, I only let you beat my face in with a golf club because you are my son and it is in my own rational self-interest that you become a man (as opposed to slave) and carry on my legacy by going up to Fontaine's office and killin' the sonuvabitch. Thus my sacrifice leads to my victory--Andrew Ryan would have made an excellent Mafia player.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Korlash »

;_; but i like Atlas....

Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:37 am

Post by Hjallti »

Vote count
It takes 5 out of 8 to lynch (before June 9th)

Korlash: 1 (neko2086)
klebian
: 5 (TheSweatpantsNinja, Korlash, jtdyer, killa seven, Eldritch Lord)

Not voting: 2 (Shanba, klebian)

Night falls.... while klebian is hanging down a tree...

searching his body you find a misformed cross, identical to that you found before.

klebian, mafia goon
has been lynched...

sleep tight....

day will start thursday, June 12th 13.40 CET, about 72 hours after this post.

Town can't rest peaceful.... be still a bit less concerned, as you have lynched a mafia goon...
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:12 am

Post by Hjallti »

Near replaces Shanba, effective now

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:40 am

Post by Hjallti »

Town wakes up, and only one player is not yet replaced. TheSweatpantsNinja.... but as a matter of fact he doesn't wake up

TheSweatspantsNinja, vanilla townie is killed

You are with 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

FoS: Neko

"Not enough evidence to warrant a lynch." -Neko.

Sounds to me like there was.
-Napoleon I
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:02 am

Post by neko2086 »

I would argue that there was more evidence elsewhere, really. TSN had one valid argument. Korlash said 'yeah, what he said,' basically. jtdyer said 'yeah, what they said.' k7 said kleb was on his scum-list (who
didn't
suspect him at some point?) and gave his main argument as 'kleb ended up getting crub lynched instead of tsn by voting me' (though tsn is now confirmed town, so that wouldn't have really mattered).

Looking back at your own posts, the only reasoning you gave was your second post in this game in which you gave him a FOS, saying
Klebian, since early game he seems to be scumhunting--but does so in a manner that almost encourages some kind of deadline in a game that has none. To do so seems anti-town.
The case against kleb was actually pretty weak. I felt it was much more likely that Korlash was scum due to his sheer lack of cooperation.

(On that note, Korlash--I feel like a dumbass. During rereads I think I figured out what you were talking about yesterday 'feeling like me in our last game.' Makes sense now...)

I believe our last scum bussed kleb and couldn’t come up with an original reason to do so. It would be one of jtdyer, k7, or eldritch. I’m continuing my rereads.

Near, welcome to the game. I look forward to getting a fresh perspective.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

neko2086 wrote:I would argue that there was more evidence elsewhere, really. TSN had one valid argument. Korlash said 'yeah, what he said,' basically. jtdyer said 'yeah, what they said.' k7 said kleb was on his scum-list (who
didn't
suspect him at some point?) and gave his main argument as 'kleb ended up getting crub lynched instead of tsn by voting me' (though tsn is now confirmed town, so that wouldn't have really mattered).

Looking back at your own posts, the only reasoning you gave was your second post in this game in which you gave him a FOS, saying
Klebian, since early game he seems to be scumhunting--but does so in a manner that almost encourages some kind of deadline in a game that has none. To do so seems anti-town.
The case against kleb was actually pretty weak. I felt it was much more likely that Korlash was scum due to his sheer lack of cooperation.

(On that note, Korlash--I feel like a dumbass. During rereads I think I figured out what you were talking about yesterday 'feeling like me in our last game.' Makes sense now...)

I believe our last scum bussed kleb and couldn’t come up with an original reason to do so. It would be one of jtdyer, k7, or eldritch. I’m continuing my rereads.

Near, welcome to the game. I look forward to getting a fresh perspective.
Yes, I hammered my partner. /sarcasm

Obviously, if the case was right, it couldn't have been that weak.

Vote: Neko

That explanation neither satisfies, nor helps me. You were pushing Korlash's wagon pretty hard and now all of a sudden, its more opportunistic for you to jump on Jt, K7, and I. You don't offer an alternative, this is WIFOM--perhaps that's what the scum wanted you to think by not voting Klebian. You see in black/white, this situation is shades of gray.

What happened to your "I'd like to see both of you lynched" comment to Korlash, which despite you saying, you didn't bother to vote for Klebian, the obviously easier lynch of the two.

Die Scum!
-Napoleon I
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:02 am

Post by neko2086 »

Obviously, if the case was right, it couldn't have been that weak.
This is extremely faulty logic. Scum aren't always the scummiest people around. Especially in this game, there have been townies acting far scummier than skitzer or klebian. Just because the case was right doesn't make it a strong one.
You don't offer an alternative, this is WIFOM--perhaps that's what the scum wanted you to think by not voting Klebian. You see in black/white, this situation is shades of gray.
This does not make sense at all.
What happened to your "I'd like to see both of you lynched" comment to Korlash, which despite you saying, you didn't bother to vote for Klebian, the obviously easier lynch of the two.
Klebian
was
the obviously easier of the two, you're right. He was
obviously
going to be lynched, whether I voted him or not, so I don't see what you're trying to say here. I'm obviously the last scum because I didn't bus my partner when he was obviously going down? The last three votes on the

Korlash made a comment yesterday that, after thinking about it during the night, makes me strongly believe he is pro-town. That's not very tangible for anyone else but us, I know, but at any rate, it is certainly nothing out of 'opportunism.' To make a stronger case in defense of Korlash, though, I would point out that he, if he were the last scum, would probably not have put a dangerous second vote on his partner.
Yes, I hammered my partner. /sarcasm
This is a very awkward statement.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

I like you Neko, please don't take this game too seriously (not that you are, I just like your sense of humour and don't want you to start).

Still, I've got to make a case:
Neko2086 wrote:To make a stronger case in defense of Korlash, though, I would point out that he, if he were the last scum, would probably not have put a dangerous second vote on his partner.
Directly conflicts with:
Neko2086 wrote:I believe our last scum bussed kleb and couldn’t come up with an original reason to do so. It would be one of jtdyer, k7, or eldritch. I’m continuing my rereads.
This combined with:
Neko2086 wrote:There’s no better time to be doing this. Why on earth are you waiting for somebody to ask you?

Vote: Korlash
- because you are waiting to see how you can most easily float through this game
- because you’re being overly defensive when called out on scummy behavior that is nobody’s fault but your own
- because you’re jumping on the easiest bandwagon without providing any reasoning.

At this point, I am perfectly comfortable with either a klebian lynch or a korlash lynch today. If somebody feels a different wagon is more deserving, now is the time to present a case.
Makes your old case on Korlash sound quite stronger than your most recent post.

Furthermore:
neko2086 wrote:So you are being intentionally useless?
That was directed to Korlash, who you seemed to want to lynch on the "utterly useless even if he is Town" grounds--so obviously you didn't think there was much to his case on Klebian either nor much substantial explanation.

By the same logic you suspect K7, jtdyer, and myself, you should suspect Korlash just as strongly.
-Napoleon I
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Korlash »

Eldrich have you ever changed you opinion of someone based on something they said?

so anyways... I'm stumpped... I was gunna gun after TSN today because I thought he was bussing Kleb...

So i'll go with my fall back...
Eldritch wrote:Yes, I hammered my partner. /sarcasm
Wouldn't he have died during deadline anyways? So by that logic bussing him seems enividable by a scum buddy, and a hammer is just reason to soak up towny points. I don't think in that situation hammering him makes you any less scum.

I do think however, 2 people replacing out makes you more likely town though... Which is something I could never get over... Probably why I never pushed justin's lynch.
Eldritch wrote:Vote: Neko
That explanation neither satisfies, nor helps me. You were pushing Korlash's wagon pretty hard and now all of a sudden, its more opportunistic for you to jump on Jt, K7, and I. You don't offer an alternative, this is WIFOM--perhaps that's what the scum wanted you to think by not voting Klebian. You see in black/white, this situation is shades of gray.
ok let me break this down for you. I read somethign a long time ago in this game that proved to me 100% Neko was town. Of corse it could have been a clever trick yes, but I would still bet money on him being town. Which is partly the reason I said what I said to him and not to someone like you. Way I see it, we now hopefully have two town working together. Kinda like secret masons... >.>

Unlike Neko I can't put up a defense for him. So you would have to take my word.
Eldritch wrote:I like you Neko, please don't take this game too seriously
What? That seems like a weird thing to say...

I'm going to have to
Vote: Eldritch

I won't lie, I don't have enough to say I have a strong case on you. I have a few reasons to say I think yoru scum, and a few more that makes me think your town. But I have a very strong reason for voting you. I'm just too lazy to say what it is.

I'll make a proper case later if your wagon looks like it's picking up or if new stuff gets brought to my attention. But right now, one vote isn't all that bad right :P

Seriously though, all my 'activity" I had planned dealt with TSN... I'm not even kidding... so i need to think about new things... >.>

Oh and welcome Near... perhaps you can hep us catch Light. Hes around here somewhere... >.> I think hes eldritch...

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Thesp »

Hjallti has informed me that he will be stepping down as moderator after tomorrow. I will mod after that. Please let me know if any prompt attention is needed via PM. On Saturday, I will prod anyone who hasn't posted yet today. Thanks!
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Korlash »

<3 Thesp! ^^

neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Eldritch Lord wrote:I like you Neko, please don't take this game too seriously (not that you are, I just like your sense of humour and don't want you to start).
why thanks. I take games seriously enough to win, though, as do most people.
Still, I've got to make a case:
Neko2086 wrote:To make a stronger case in defense of Korlash, though, I would point out that he, if he were the last scum, would probably not have put a dangerous second vote on his partner.
Directly conflicts with:
Neko2086 wrote:I believe our last scum bussed kleb and couldn’t come up with an original reason to do so. It would be one of jtdyer, k7, or eldritch. I’m continuing my rereads.
No. You fail to see my point. A dangerous second vote is much much different than an inevitable 3rd, 4th, or 5th vote. Korlash's vote held possibly the most weight on the wagon.
This combined with:
Neko2086 wrote:There’s no better time to be doing this. Why on earth are you waiting for somebody to ask you?

Vote: Korlash
- because you are waiting to see how you can most easily float through this game
- because you’re being overly defensive when called out on scummy behavior that is nobody’s fault but your own
- because you’re jumping on the easiest bandwagon without providing any reasoning.

At this point, I am perfectly comfortable with either a klebian lynch or a korlash lynch today. If somebody feels a different wagon is more deserving, now is the time to present a case.
Makes your old case on Korlash sound quite stronger than your most recent post.
I know. I thought I had a pretty damn good case and likely caught scum. I know what he was trying to do now, though, so I'm almost sure he's town. I doubt he's pulling my chain on this one.
Furthermore:
neko2086 wrote:So you are being intentionally useless?
That was directed to Korlash, who you seemed to want to lynch on the "utterly useless even if he is Town" grounds--so obviously you didn't think there was much to his case on Klebian either nor much substantial explanation.

By the same logic you suspect K7, jtdyer, and myself, you should suspect Korlash just as strongly.
[/quote]
No. I like to lynch scum who are being intentionally useless, and I do not like it when people try to lynch somebody who is useless "whether they are scum or not." Korlash can vouch for that one, as he sometimes takes that route. If I believe somebody is town, I do not push for their lynch, even if they appear to be completely useless. Please don't straw-man my arguments.

To some extent, I see what you're saying, though. I don't think Korlash had a great argument against klebian, no. But again, vote placement and meta are huge factors here.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Korlash wrote:Oh and welcome Near... perhaps you can hep us catch Light. Hes around here somewhere... >.> I think hes eldritch...
Light Yagami is by far smarter than either L or Near, and Near is a wannabe scrub who couldn't have done anything without Mellow's sacrifice.

I'm tired, I'll post content tomorrow.
-Napoleon I
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by Hjallti »

Thanks, guys, for playing the game.
Thanks, Thesp, to take over.
I didn't set up a deadline because Thesp is now the mod and should consider that issue, and moreover the lynchdeciding rule for deadline is open to change in my opinion. Thesp has far more experience than me and will do it better. I also sent him the night choices so everyone might see them afterwards.

My last post for now will be the first vote count of day 5.

Vote count
It takes 4 out of 6 to lynch

neko2086
: 1 (Eldritch Lord)
Eldritch Lord
: 1 (Korlash)

Not voting: 4 (neko2086, Near, jtdyer, killa seven)

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Korlash »

We shall miss you Old Mod guy whos name escapes me! But remember this... we will never forget... hmmm... what was I typing about again?

killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:29 am

Post by killa seven »

my internet modem broke should be fixed tommorrow, the thread title SAys 5/1 im assuming that means 5 townies and 1 scum left?
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Korlash »

aye. One of those buggers to go and we are victorious!

killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by killa seven »

I have a idea that would clear 2 people. and narrow it down to 4 scumspects instead of 6.
Since there was no NK on Night 3 maybe it would be a good idea for the doc to claim and tell us who he protected N3 because thats nost likely who the scum targeted, i just cant see the scum not killing in the night when they had killed every other night.
right now we have a 1 in 6 chance of lynching scum, if the doc claims we will have a 1 in 4 chance.
just a sugestion.
Discuss.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town