Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Final Vote Count of the Game:

The Goat 2 (TheSweatpantsNinja, Matt_S)

TheSweatpantsNinja 1 (The Goat)

Only three members of the town woke up on this final morning, but they knew that all threats were not yet gone from the town. There was the Serial Killer still, and there might have been another mafiate. Due to this last possibility, even the Serial Killer himself was nervous. As the three of them gathered in the now-lonely town square, they realized that everyone else they had ever known was dead. As the wave of despair hit the town, they only were motivated even moreso to get their revenge on the killers once and for all. It wasn't long before TheSweatpantsNinja and The Goat wanted to kill one another, leaving Matt_S as the deciding vote. He was nervous. Should he leave and hope that both were scum and would kill each other? Or should he decide to destroy the known evil and try his luck. Cautiously, he helped TheSweatpantsNinja haul The Goat up to the gallows. He cringed as he destroyed what might be his only hope at survival, and he was unsurprised to find a bloody knife in The Goat's pocket.

The Goat,
Serial Killer
, lynched Day 8.

Suspicious, Matt picked up The Goat's knife and turned to face TheSweatpantsNinja, still not entirely certain he wouldn't see a gun pointed at him. As he turned, he saw a strange sight off to the right as a body rose from its own bloody remains and was immediately struck by lightning.

springlullaby,
Dead Player
, ressurected and modkilled for talking while dead Day 8 (not really).

The suspense was so great that he didn't even stop to consider this bizarre scenario. He looked to find...

That he had made the right decision.

TheSweatpantsNinja and Matt_S,
Vanilla Townies
, survived.

TOWN WINS!
Last edited by Cephrir on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

YAUS! GO TOWN!
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by andersonw »

Wow, nice job town! :) That was pretty crazy near the end.

Again, sorry Cephrir for having to have been prodded way too many times.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by Matt_S »

God, I had nightmares about this last night. I'm glad I didn't screw up. Good game, people.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
The Eternal Newb
The Eternal Newb
Townie
The Eternal Newb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by The Eternal Newb »

I absolutely hate the accusation that I'm playing differently than I was last time any time I play as a replacement.

I always play differently, even when I have the exact same role.

It's just how I play.

And it is my least favorite cause of death.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Matt_S »

^I promise to keep that in mind in future games if you'll promise never to self-vote again.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by killa seven »

was i dead on or what, i labled goat as sk and spring as rb and you guys still lynched me. what do you guys think of my day 7 play? i think i was very helpfull and pro town woo hoo go town
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

So I tracked The Goat to myself the night I died. Creepy.

Cephrir, you should post night choices and shiznit.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Matt_S »

killa seven wrote:was i dead on or what, i labled goat as sk and spring as rb and you guys still lynched me. what do you guys think of my day 7 play? i think i was very helpfull and pro town woo hoo go town
Being right isn't as important as convincing people others that you're right. But yeah, you got that spot on.
OhGodMyLife wrote:Cephrir, you should post night choices and shiznit.
When I was about to post, I saw that Cephrir had some comments, but when I previewed, the post was gone.
Show

(2) think very hard;
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by springlullaby »

:P Lol wanted to give town just a little fright before they discover their win.

The Goat, why did you ever choose to kill me?! The moment you claimed scum you should have aimed at town, I didn't even try to block you last night, and if we had both killed town, we would have had a tie scum win.

Good job town, I think we scum tried to outsmart you guys too much, I'll remember to kill the cop as soon as possible in my next games if I'm scum.
Maybe I should have defended my partners a little more, it felt quite solitary after hammering skitzer. Though korts bussing me earlier that day seems to have worked pretty good.

Also, I have to say, the andersonw thing I used only with gaining brownie points with town in mind, I realize only after posting it that it was ethically quite bad since I was scum, and that it could look like as if I was trying to get a townie modkilled for rulebreaking. It wasn't my intention, and I PMed Cephir afterward explaining that and to ask if he was ok with it, or I would have resigned from the game.

Anyway, good game all :)
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by The Goat »

springlullaby wrote::P Lol wanted to give town just a little fright before they discover their win.

The Goat, why did you ever choose to kill me?! The moment you claimed scum you should have aimed at town, I didn't even try to block you last night, and if we had both killed town, we would have had a tie scum win.

Good job town, I think we scum tried to outsmart you guys too much, I'll remember to kill the cop as soon as possible in my next games if I'm scum.
Maybe I should have defended my partners a little more, it felt quite solitary after hammering skitzer. Though korts bussing me earlier that day seems to have worked pretty good.

Also, I have to say, the andersonw thing I used only with gaining brownie points with town in mind, I realize only after posting it that it was ethically quite bad since I was scum, and that it could look like as if I was trying to get a townie modkilled for rulebreaking. It wasn't my intention, and I PMed Cephir afterward explaining that and to ask if he was ok with it, or I would have resigned from the game.

Anyway, good game all :)
I only won if I was one of the last two alive - I was genuinely convinced that TSN was scum.

If you're gonna be a bear...be a grizzly. ;)
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

sl wrote: Also, I have to say, the andersonw thing I used only with gaining brownie points with town in mind
Which nearly ended up giving the game to goat.

That was sort of a weird game for me, replacing in so late, then being confirmed so I never really had to defend myself. . . so when matt attacked me, I was thinking, "I have absolutely nothing protown to point to. Shit."
Kilroy8675309
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by Kilroy8675309 »

Eff yes.

That's all.
If children cause accidents in the backseat, and accidents in the backseat cause children, which came first?

"My point is, make people explain themselves." --RafK
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by Korts »

Congrats town. It was fun playing this game, and pretty fun reading it, too. I still don't know how Peers found me and thought me worth his single bullet, though.
scumchat never die
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:52 am

Post by killa seven »

what do you guys think of my game play the last day man i re read three times and nailed em both can anyone give me tips on how to improve
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
The Eternal Newb
The Eternal Newb
Townie
The Eternal Newb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:23 am

Improving your grammar and spelling will do wonders for making people more inclined to listen to you.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:02 am

Post by Cream147 »

I would love to see night-choices and stuff here yes. This was a fun game to replace into. Well done town.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:47 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Killa when you do the legwork like rereading and picking out who you think is scummy you gotta show everybody how you reached those conclusions with quotes and explanations of your thought process as to how that makes the person scum.

I'm not sure what it is about your playstyle either but I find myself thinking you're scum in almost every game we've played together.
The Eternal Newb
The Eternal Newb
Townie
The Eternal Newb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:48 am

OhGodMyLife wrote:I'm not sure what it is about your playstyle either but I find myself thinking you're scum in almost every game we've played together.
It's the grammar and spelling.

Good grammar and spelling, like being well groomed, makes people more credible.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:54 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Says the guy who never had any credibility in this game.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Korts »

Yeah, spelling and grammar's all good and nice if you've got it down, but don't let yourself self-vote when you've apparently got the scum figured out.
scumchat never die
The Eternal Newb
The Eternal Newb
Townie
The Eternal Newb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:22 am

I'm used to a different group.

The people I normally play with all know me and can, at this point, be counted upon to act a certain way when I do certain things, with the exception of two people.

Part of the reason I came here instead.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Korts »

The Eternal Newb wrote:I'm used to a different group.

The people I normally play with all know me and can, at this point, be counted upon to act a certain way when I do certain things, with the exception of two people.

Part of the reason I came here instead.
Which is all fine and dandy, and we're happy you're here, but don't expect us to know your gimmicks or whatever you call it.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Korts »

I'm also interested to hear the town's opinion on my play. I'm actually quite proud of my performance in this game, but maybe I shouldn't be, who knows?
scumchat never die
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

-Imat died protecting bigbenwd.
-Yes, spring could kill and block at the same time.
-I tried to make it hard to play follow-the-cop in this game, as Kilroy couldn't detect Serous, Tarhalindur or The Goat, but OGML was good so that kinda happened anyway.
-I see Day 8 as a battle against paranoia. If you nolynched, I would have listed paranoia as having won in the last post.
-I'm happy the mafia didn't win. Serous and skitzer completely selfdestructed, and spring kinda lurked. I was hoping on an inside chance Tar might get far though.
-For some reason, spring kept blocking armlx rather than The Goat. On the Night spring died, he could have blocked The Goat to all but instantly win, and at least assure a scum victory.
- I was rooting for The Goat all the way. He was immune to Kilroy, but that was all he had and I think he played a tough role pretty well. He got a bit screwed by people getting confirmed.
-Tar, did you actually tell K7 what he said you told him? If so and it was while he was alive, you're both going on my personal blacklist. If it was just after he died the first time, just he will for not telling me this was the case.
- I'm a bit PO'd at the people who left because of Kilroy. Grow some thicker skin, people. To those of you who didn't, thanks.
- Also, thanks to all the replacements as well as everyone who stuck it out the whole time!

I took this down before because I wanted to let everyone talk before I told everyone everything.

Night choices are forthcoming.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”