Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:51 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 184, Alisae wrote:Is it bad I literally don’t understand how people are TRing Cephir?
Because I don’t.
I thought there was something from him I liked from him, but I looked and I couldn't find it.

Le shrug.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Alisae »

Implosion is objectively more scummier then xyzzy
GTKAS
| here.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by implosion »

pops
ceph, lld
hito, haschel
alisae, s_s, cyanjet
xyzzy, pine

ceph is town for tonality, his response to me, the 134/135 thing already mentioned by someone else, the way he townread justincase being consistent with his tone, etc.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 184, Alisae wrote:Is it bad I literally don’t understand how people are TRing Cephir?
Because I don’t.
no, it just means you aren't underestimating me
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 188, Alisae wrote:
In post 156, Alisae wrote:
In post 154, Cephrir wrote:I dont have a confident or really any scumread right now but if I had to pick someone I'd pick xyzzy
why xyzzy
I was ignored by cephir and now I’m sad :(
sorry, i forgot

i guess because i read his posts and they had a good number of words in them but didn't say anything that struck me as important or town

i've had remarkable success in the past with murdering that type of player
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i really want pops to be town for having fun but sometimes scum have fun

i'm leaning town on lld, alisae, pops, cyanjet, end of list
Bartleby the Scrivener
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Alright, I'm getting bored waiting for xyzzy. Something_Smart, I'll redirect the question to you.
In post 143, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 141, Alisae wrote:I like these replacements.
Also Haschel its mostly just talk on how to play the setup for the most part.
Xyzzy
Something_Smart, was that a good summary?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I'm in DC for a conference June 12-16.
I'll be still be posting, but probably less frequently, especially on the border days where I'm flying to/from. also a higher chance I do mobile posts which will be very terse because I hate mobile posting.

not a big fan of implosions answer being that he thought he'd be sortable with some focus but he didn't care about other voters, because it's kind of kicking the can down the road - if you want focus, why don't you care if other people vote for him or not? Isn't having your own reads - town reads especially - interact with the wagon exactly the kind of focus that's useful? it's not as much an answer as "it was a pressure vote but the kind where I don't care whether it creates pressure or not."

BUT I like him voting xyzzy here, casting a no-justification vote on lead wagon when he knows I'm looking at him does seem like someone trying to increase the temperature of the game without worrying about image which is good. well I don't like it not having an L-2 label but other than that. hard to figure out how to weigh this paragraph vs the above one!

pops seems to be on some sort of manic tear so idk I'll figure out how to read it later. I skimmed a bit at lunch and I was gonna go after him for posts implying I was certainly town but apparently he's just shitposting

I have seen enough games where the town eat each other alive and the scum just power lurk that I am slightly nervous about leaning too hard in to anything until the three no-shows get in the game. Not to the point I want to cast a random lurker vote yet because yzzy vs. implosion has some meat on the bones, but these deadlines are short as hell so I do want pine/haschel/cyan to feel some pressure to hit the ground running cause if there's a scumbolina in there I want to be able to catch them by contrast with the non-scumbolinas in there.

Alisae
: I think ceph to being 4 minutes apart makes a really good case for him being town. I don't think scum would make a show about disagreeing with me on implosion and then end up voting because of my power nagging four minutes later - I think scum who get the gumption to just directly call me wrong about mafia want to lean in to that and not immediately back track. also some shades of meta here in that this is part of a theory disagreement ceph and I have had across three games now about whether someone having no interaction with the reads of the people THEY town read is suspicious. [it caught wickedjester scum in 17 kilos, but wicked was doing a much stronger variant of it than implo is doing so I can't harass ceph about it too much.] so anyway I think ceph town is actually a pretty strong read.

xyzzy
: let's turn the question around to you instead. clearly you're alone on that LLD wagon and are gonna stay that way until YOU convince US. how do you feel about that? Are there players you think should be convinced, and are surprised are not? also, as someone who DOES have a lot of meta knowledge with LLD (I even played Liars Club with her!), what about my reasoning left you unconvinced?

I need to finish packing for trip but I ended up having a lot to say, whoops
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

haschel this thing you're doing better blow my god damn mind when you debrief us on what it accomplished
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:45 pm

Oh it better, eh?

I don't particularly care about blowing minds so I guess we'll see how this goes.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

FakeGod: Please prod Pine

I don't see a prod guideline in the rules, I usually like some kind of rule that says I'm not a jerk for asking for a prod, but I see apparently that the days are 8 days long and I only need to post every 4 days so with perfect timing I could win the game in.. eight posts as scum? I think I'm already over 8 posts. I'm already overachieving. Where are my Xbox gamerscore achievements?

Haschel Cedricson is just openly refusing to do anything which is obviously terrible.

This d1 dayplay makes me want to design a setup that is the opposite of this setup, you decide how badly you want to vig people after the game has already started and start sacrificing other advantages to vig people who are wolfing or refusing to act any different from one.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:43 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 210, popsofctown wrote:Haschel Cedricson is just openly refusing to do anything which is obviously terrible.
What do you think he's doing
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:55 am

In post 206, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Alright, I'm getting bored waiting for xyzzy. Something_Smart, I'll redirect the question to you.
In post 143, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 141, Alisae wrote:I like these replacements.
Also Haschel its mostly just talk on how to play the setup for the most part.
Xyzzy
Something_Smart, was that a good summary?
From Alisae's point of view, yes, that's probably the only thing that e found noteworthy so far.

There was something about LLD getting her feathers in a ruffle that I didn't really understand, nor was I interested in trying to.

I also had a bit of a back-and-forth with hito about the value of using your vote which is likely to be illuminating on how he plays at the very least, as well as possibly other people who subscribe to his philosophy. I find that relevant; your mileage may vary.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

active lurking? or lurking lurking. or applying the U-boat strategy to a red role pm. What name would you like to give it?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

Haschel debrief us on what this accomplished.
"Well, I..."
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

ur the one with the red role pm >_<
GTKAS
| here.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Is this just the I should be on implosion thing, or tonal also?
"Well, I..."
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

Yes
GTKAS
| here.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by implosion »

haschel's posting is bad but it isn't scummy.

the good thing about this setup is that we have all of these vigs with which to shoot all of the d1 lurkers!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:14 pm

In post 214, popsofctown wrote:Haschel debrief us on what this accomplished.
At a Smash tourney now but I'll have a clarifying post later tonight.

Wouldn't call it a "debrief" because who knows if we're done yet.
Cyanjet
Cyanjet
Townie
Cyanjet
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by Cyanjet »

Since I'm relatively new to the format, I'm doing a "watch and wait" approach. Whether that indicts me or not as a scum or not is up to you all, but for now, I'd like my vote to be inconsequential and be a bit more active after the end of the first night.

As such, I'll VOTE: Cephrir. somebody I doubt will be lynched today.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 220, Cyanjet wrote:Since I'm relatively new to the format, I'm doing a "watch and wait" approach. Whether that indicts me or not as a scum or not is up to you all, but for now, I'd like my vote to be inconsequential and be a bit more active after the end of the first night.

why
everything
why watch and wait
why would you like your vote to be inconsequential
why active at day 2 over now
why cephir
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:56 pm

In post 220, Cyanjet wrote:Since I'm relatively new to the format, I'm doing a "watch and wait" approach. Whether that indicts me or not as a scum or not is up to you all, but for now, I'd like my vote to be inconsequential and be a bit more active after the end of the first night.

You're not obligated to vote, you know :P

You can keep your vote on nobody as long as you like.
Cyanjet
Cyanjet
Townie
Cyanjet
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Cyanjet »

In post 221, Alisae wrote:

why
everything
why watch and wait
why cephir
watch and wait because I like observing the situation and seeing how people react before and after something happens

inconsequential because I have yet to have a good read on any particular individual

active at day 2 over now because I was busy and forgot to post on this after making an account

cephir because I didn't realize I could abstain from voting and doubt he'll get voted considering the state of the votecount. though he does seem innocent to me.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 223, Cyanjet wrote:
In post 221, Alisae wrote:

why
everything
why watch and wait
why cephir
watch and wait because I like observing the situation and seeing how people react before and after something happens

inconsequential because I have yet to have a good read on any particular individual

active at day 2 over now because I was busy and forgot to post on this after making an account

cephir because I didn't realize I could abstain from voting and doubt he'll get voted considering the state of the votecount. though he does seem innocent to me.
This is my favorite replace-in ever.
FakeGod can you please change whatever this person replaced into to N1 Rose.
You can modkill me in exchange as long as I get to watch more of this from the dead thread.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”