popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

true or false vig is the best mafia role
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

which is why this setup is awesome
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

it's a trick question because the best mafia role is vt
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

but vig is the second best
"Well, I..."
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 294, popsofctown wrote:
In post 291, Haschel Cedricson wrote:When one is involved with the missing events? The scum motivation is not drawing attention to one's self.

As for my vote, you can consider it to be on Alisae, xyzzy, and S_S.
Then flipping just vote one. Isoing the mod is a thing. Provable randomness is banned in thread but I rolled a d6, divided it by two and rounded down, and it says xyzzy.
Good thing I care about other people ISOing the mod!

No, wait. The opposite of that.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:48 pm

In post 296, Something_Smart wrote:A whole lot of paragraphs that go out of their way to not actually say anything.
Vote: Something_Smart
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Well you asked a really specific question that's not super likely to reflect what S_S finds most interesting about the game.

I agree with hito that your factfinding process doesn't look very effective.
"Well, I..."
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:00 pm

In post 306, popsofctown wrote:Well you asked a really specific question that's not super likely to reflect what S_S finds most interesting about the game.
Alright, let's ask a question about the thing S_S finds most interesting about the game then.

I have no idea what that is based on his posting so maybe I'll let you formulate the question.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:07 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 299, popsofctown wrote:Do you like submit no-kills as vig
Usually I just shoot LHF or consensus scumreads, just because I know that vig shooting is +EV no matter who they hit.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:08 am

Post by Pine »

Reading now
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:12 am

In post 305, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 296, Something_Smart wrote:A whole lot of paragraphs that go out of their way to not actually say anything.
Vote: Something_Smart
I'd disagree with both parts of this, actually. I think I reached a pretty clear conclusion-- that people's reasons for voting xyzzy are dubious. And I don't think I really went off topic or took weird turns in my argument.

Now, if you want to say it "a whole lot of paragraphs that don't lead to any reads," then yeah, that's true. But that's my MO as town.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:13 am

In post 309, Pine wrote:Reading now
\o/

The coniferous slowpoke finally shows up!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:17 am

Post by Pine »

In post 311, Something_Smart wrote:
\o/

Bite me? :]
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:08 am

Post by implosion »

In post 296, Something_Smart wrote:Implosion justified his vote after the fact in 261 which is pretty similar to the above only even less so-- dislike of a post (229) that is a lot of words to not say very much. Being the master of that myself, I'm not really compelled by that argument.
I think the way xyzzy's post does this is significantly different from the way you seem to. The biggest difference is that even sitting on the sidelines, you've been directly engaging with people. xyzzy's post only directly addressed two people, and both of them are people who directly addressed xyzzy. They're never going out of their way to directly dialogue with anyone. This in conjunction with having no opinions is a Bad Thing.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 am

Post by implosion »

Don't like haschel vanity voting S_S after saying his vote is on three people in spirit, one of whom is xyzzy who has an L-3 wagon. I understand it's in response to 296 but it really wasn't that bad of a post, it doesn't say a whole lot but it's not particularly scummy contextually.

I also feel a bit sketchier on hito at this point for no strongly discernible reason.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 am

Sounds like your issue with xyzzy doesn't really have to do with using a lot of words to say nothing then, no? Because failing to proactively engage people seems pretty different from that.

I will say, though, that I do also have times when I will behave that way as town, although they usually happen in large games when I can afford to drop out of the discussion without slowing down the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:14 am

In post 314, implosion wrote:I also feel a bit sketchier on hito at this point for no strongly discernible reason.
Is it because hito seems like the type to play very similarly as both alignments? Because that's the impression I've been getting.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:15 am

Post by implosion »

It's possible alisae is just town idk. Don't really know how to sort em. I've gone back and forth on how I feel on their reaction to the haschel post which feels like it should be sortable.

Really wish pine would say things instead of repeatedly saying he is going to say things.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:16 am

I guess you're... pining for some activity from him *dodges tomatoes*
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:18 am

Post by implosion »

S_S wrote:Sounds like your issue with xyzzy doesn't really have to do with using a lot of words to say nothing then, no? Because failing to proactively engage people seems pretty different from that.
It's more the reason why that being scummy doesn't really apply to you. You're both "saying nothing" very broadly, i guess, but you're doing it in two different ways, and the way xyzzy is doing it is scummy because of various contextual factors (the fact they're lurking, the fact that they're not actively engaging, the way their post looks like a generic Scum Catchup Post, so on so forth).
Is it because hito seems like the type to play very similarly as both alignments? Because that's the impression I've been getting.
Maybe. It's like he's the epitome of the Logic domain in Mafia Metamafia, which is not really readable because Logic is very easy to fake as scum. Of course I went and looked at what his domain was in metamafia and he was actually just hitogoroshi without any domains and you kids are probably too young to know what i'm talking about so~~~
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 312, Pine wrote:
In post 311, Something_Smart wrote:
\o/

Bite me? :]
Eight seventeen a.m.
In post 1304, Pine wrote:/in Hall of Mirrors
Eleven fifteen a.m.
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:23 am

Real life picture of Pine:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:25 am

It's okay, I just won't send him his role PM for Hall of Mirrors until he catches up here :P
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

@cyanjet: hitogoroshi indicated he thinks he is very likely to lynch scum today. Do you think that makes him more likely town?
You can click this: post 25 to see the post.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oh I'm gonna be V/LA about... 19th to 24th, assuming my activity level is higher on departure/arrival days, which is the opposite assumption from the one hito made, but like if I procrastinate packing I have to play a forum game instead of a real game to maintain the lie to myself I won't be procrastinating for an extended period of time I figure. Will be in Seattle for a vacay, will just be phonepostings
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”