Newbie 595 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:58 am

Post by Battousai »

And I was so looking forward to a muerrto or q21 Nk. Well at least there's a 50/50 chance of hitting scum today from a town's player's position.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Muerrto »

Sigh and Battousai = Shaka = Starkmoon and Q21 = Demonking...

WTF you're both scum!

I'll have to re-read. The Starkmoon thing kinda makes it hard and Shaka dissappearing too after playing hardcore was weird.

Q21's been a voice of reason but so am I when I'm scum.

Sigh =p
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:22 am

Post by q21 »

My first MS endgame... it tingles a bit...
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Muerrto »

I'm re-reading tomorrow btw, sorry for the delay.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:45 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

This is NOT the right way to start off the final day of the game. Get to it folks.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:29 am

Post by q21 »

My humblest apologies. My last exam is tomorrow morning, then I will be back to participating properly.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Muerrto »

Q21 is NOT scum, he was the first one to call out Mike for lurking. NO one had brought attention to it even though Mike had NEVER posted the entire game. His mention brought about the immediate lynch of Mike. Unless he was super bussing he's not the scum. Here we go:

Vote: Battousai

let's see how quickly I'm wrong if he is scum lol
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Muerrto »

Q21, please check in without voting when you can if you're town.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Battousai »

Muerrto your right. Q21 must be pro town because no one would vote their scum partner for picking up a prod and then not participating. It just doesn't make sense, I just see no reason why scum would do that :roll:.

Note that he only FOS mike as lurkerscum, but when on to say snafoo and litral are both scummy (both recieved a FOS) and then a vote on Walnut. After the wagon has been building, he put mike at l-1, but wanted no one to hammer him until mike spoke up, according to post 125. And later tried to give him reasons on why he hasn't participated later that page.

I've been rereading the day 1, trying to figure out why walnut was killed (in case it wasn't random) as it seems it was overlooked. Walnut's main suspect was litral. Ok, that doesn't tell me anything, but then I think about it. Litral was acting somewhat scummy that day, maybe whoever killed walnut wanted to blame litral possibly (less likely because litral was somewhat scummy and walnut would have probably voted with him). Another reason could be to take out Litral because Litral was a threat, but to who? Q21, that's who.

Now I was going to post this later after I look at more of q21 posts and add in demonking's D1 posts, but Muerrto has decided to vote for me simply because Q21 said Mike was lurkerscum right after the mod said "Mike is your (the players') problem. I can't force someone to post, all I can do is prod them." Muerrto, you would risk losing the game based solely on WIFOM, because that's what you are doing. If I were scum, I wouldn't have FOS'd him like q21 did, but flat out voted him. Because eventually he would have been voted for his lack of playing, it would give me some good points (which you seemed to have bought). Now as an experienced player I would have assumed you wouldn't vote me based solely on that, but since you have I'm leaning towards you being scum. I think the only reason you are voting me is because I'm the easier person to make look scummy because starkmoon and shaka!! didn't post much. I could have just overanalyzed the walnut NK, and you could be scum just as easily.*

Why Muerrto could be scum:
Said snafoo was pushing the lynch the IC argument way too much, even though he brought it up only once on the very first page.

Offered to lynch himself and then Litral to prove he was innocent (q21 proclaims scum wouldn't do that, I call it WIFOM and a hint of scummy because he knew he wouldn't be lynched at that time post 178 (I took it as it takes 2 more to lynch anyways so I'll be safe from being lynched) because he was not lynched and was not close to being lynched to see his reaction, it's a nulltell but since he proposed it with WIFOM (he said basically townies wouldn't mind being lynched, but scum would to discredit Litral. We all know players especially the newer onese want to stay in the game as long as they can))

Now his vote during Lylo with no discussion, with the only reasoning being complete WIFOM is asinine.

Why q21 could be scum:

Demonking overdefensive from Litral's random vote, then votes massive to agree with snafoos lynch the ICs comment AFTER saying "The way I see it, its better to begin logicly straight away and miss out the random voting stage." Then goes missing after he gets some heat for his posts.

Walnut was NK'd D1, his biggest suspect was Litral, who's suspect was q21.*
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Battousai »

EBWOP:
Q21, please check in without voting when you can
if
you're town.
If he's town? Your willing to vote even though q21 could be scum?
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Muerrto »

Of course he COULD be scum, how the heck can anyone ever be 100% sure? That's a horrible question.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Battousai »

Hmm, just as I thought. You ignored my last post and harped on the one I posted afterwards.... I believe you also ignored my comments from the last day when I first commented on you and snafoo. So I'll add that to why you could be scum.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Muerrto »

Ummm if I'm sure enough to think you're scum and vote you in LYLO, why would I respond to your arguments since from my point of view they're coming from scum. That makes no sense.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Battousai »

Still ignore them.... the reason you want to respond, is to help q21 decide between myself and you. I'm so tempted to vote for you right now out of gut, but I would really like to see q21 post something when he gets back on.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:42 am

Post by q21 »

Vote Batousia

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:43 am

Post by q21 »

Vote Battousia

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:44 am

Post by q21 »

Spelled it wrong the first time.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:44 am

Post by q21 »

Vote Battousai

This time I copy pasted his name - screw spelling!

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

"You're scum", announces Muerrto and throws the noose over Batt's head.

q21 kicks out the chair, pulls a pistol, and shoots Muerrto dead before he can react.

"Wrong!", exclaims q21, holstering his weapon. Too bad for this little town.

Battousai,
Townie
, Lynched Day 4

Muerrto,
Townie
, Killed in Endgame

q21
wins the game for the Scum team!!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:56 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Role Reveal:

q21 (Demonking)[col] Mafia Goon Litral [col] Townie massive* [col] Cop mike4876 [col] Mafia Goon Muerrto* [col] Townie W!nt3r (snafoo) [col] Townie Battousai* (shaka!! , starkmoon*) [col] Townie Super Archivist [col] Townie Walnut (zeal) [col] Townie
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Night Actions:

Night 1:

q21 kills Walnut.
massive investigates Litral.

Night 2:

q21 kills massive.
massive investigates shaka!!.

Night 3:

q21 kills Litral.
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Posting statistics:

Day 1 was a bit short, which didn't help town out at all. Day 2 was good, and Day 3 was riddled with low activity, which is never good for town. Having said that, I don't think that this game was a scum "gimme", considering how far back Mike put the scum team.
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:22 am

Post by q21 »

Night one was Walnut, because he'd shown hints of having a role to play - also for the WIFOM reasons mentioned by Battousai a few posts ago.

I really did have to kill massive on night two... I wasn't sure if he'd cottoned on to me, but his ability to confirm other people's alignment was too dangerous in a game this small. He basically telegraphed it with some of his day 2 comments.

Litral was pretty much confirmed innocent - yet I played with the idea of not killing night 3 and claiming doc... but I settled on killing him as simply waiting for one of Batt or Muerrto to slip up. I was prepared for one of you two to vote for me and I reckon I could have turned it around, but that would have been more difficult.

In the end my early play convinced one person which is all I needed.

It almost helped that Mike never posted, because it meant I could on an easy scum lynch for early points and there would be nothing linking us later.

Vel - You still going to respond comments I made in my night action PMs?

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:28 am

Post by massive »

I purposefully went ahead Day Two with my "cop tells" because I think it's an important thing for newbies to learn. I had it narrowed down to starkmoon/shaka!/Battousai or demonking/q21 for Night Two, and decided to go with starkmoon simply because I had no read whatsoever due to her being gone so much.

Battousai's arguments against q21 there at the end were right on.

Well done q21!
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Battousai »

I was going to vote Muerrto right now just because if Muerrto is scum, then my vote is on him, but if q21 is scum we already lost. I had a feeling it was q21 from demonking's earlier posts and was going to vote him until Muerrto voted me for no reason but WIFOM.

Like I said earlier, q21 you played a great game as scum. It might have been different if there wasn't as much replacement going on, or it could have been easier for you.

Massive, ya I agree with that, but also I think you made them
too
obvious. You might as well said wink, wink, nudge, nudge when ever you said you wouldn't vote Litral :P

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”