Mafia 78: Meta Breaking Mafia 1 - Game over!

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

the silent speaker wrote:
Vote: Elias

Gorrad: Kison
Lol, I bet youre voting me because I'm too defensive. Or too abrasive. I ahte this site so much :D
I play the games rul gud.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Also, my response to Kison was on the last page if it was missed in the flurry of activity.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
the silent speaker wrote:
Vote: Elias

Gorrad: Kison
Lol, I bet youre voting me because I'm too defensive. Or too abrasive. I ahte this site so much :D
Elias sorry if you're town, but if you are you've fallen into a bucketload of scummy circumstances. You've been on the wrong side of two dead scum. I realize this is your townie playstyle and am not voting you for your abrasion, in fact it makes me much less sure about the choice, but I think you are the proper play given the circumstances.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Therefore the remaining candidate is either shafted or kison.
"Either", scum? Why so sure there's only one left?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:16 pm

i didnt say scum dumb shit. I said candidate as in lynch candidate. Nice try though
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:18 pm

shaft.ed wrote:I realize this is your townie playstyle and am not voting you for your abrasion, in fact it makes me much less sure about the choice, but I think you are the proper play given the circumstances.
If you know this is my town playstyle why the fuck are you voting me...? If by circumstances you mean your PM says scum then sure.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:19 pm

Actually, the most important thing on my mind was getting in a vote under the wire to lynch someone in my top few. But it's not playstyle that put you on the short list, if that makes you feel any better.

Gorrad, if you kill me, when I come up town I want you to push shaft.ed. Push him hard, since I will no longer be able to.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

the silent speaker wrote:Gorrad, if you kill me, when I come up town I want you to push shaft.ed. Push him hard, since I will no longer be able to.
you don't want to continue with the plan to lynch the player you thought to be the SK that we should mathematically be rid of tommorow?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Surye »

the silent speaker wrote:Actually, the most important thing on my mind was getting in a vote under the wire to lynch someone in my top few. But it's not playstyle that put you on the short list, if that makes you feel any better.

Gorrad, if you kill me, when I come up town I want you to push shaft.ed. Push him hard, since I will no longer be able to.
Gorrad is dying tomorrow. Period. He will not be pushing anything. If he's pro-town, he'll understand, if he's SK, tough shit. In case I don't make it to tomorrow, no one forget that.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:I realize this is your townie playstyle and am not voting you for your abrasion, in fact it makes me much less sure about the choice, but I think you are the proper play given the circumstances.
If you know this is my town playstyle why the fuck are you voting me...? If by circumstances you mean your PM says scum then sure.
That's our Elias :wink: I'm pretty sure you know it's your town playstyle too.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:21 pm

yes...its my town playstyle...i just said that
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:23 pm

Gorrad should be lynched. Shaft.ed should be backed up against the wall before day ends so his lynch subsequently will be expedited.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:25 pm

Mach, Tar and Gorrad need to move their votes pronto, or none of this will matter.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

MM is LA, Tar is LA and Gorrad seems logged off.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:31 pm

well fuck. I dont want a no lynch.
unvote, vote: Elias_the_Thief
. Fuck this game. Good luck town, you'll need it if you think I'm the scummiest alive.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Kison »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Kison wrote: Many times it has been explained how Coolbat's demand for a Surye claim was ridiculous. The initial claim was not so much of a problem. It was the continued demand for one after his wagon was no longer existent, and you defended this.
The initial demand for claim was justified, as in he was sufficiently suspicious. Why the fuck does that go away when his scumbuddies jump off the wagon?
Are you telling me you still think Surye is scum? It's not that Surye necessarily should have claimed. It's that traditionally, when one hits L-2, or when someone feels they're close to being lynched, demanding a claim in order to better gage whether or not that person is scum as a last ditch attempt to prove their innocence is a good move. If the wagon dies and they're no longer in danger of being lynched, it's the Town's responsibility to put them back there if they want that claim. Otherwise, I do not see the point of forcing someone to claim if the Town does not even find them suspicious enough to threaten them with a lynch. It's a very simple concept, brosef.
Elias wrote:
Kison wrote: ABR is always retarded. Perhaps you were justified in supporting Adel, but it is something I will note nontheless considering she is scum.
But not something that should be evidence against me. Defending Adel WAS THE RIGHT PROTOWN MOVE AT THE TIME as the case against her was shit.
Was Adel supported all around? Were those supporting ABR scum? Why should scum support ABR if they can justifiably support their scumbuddy? It's not that you supported Adel with bad reason, it's that you backed her when she was butting heads with ABR. This is hardly damning in itself, but it fits what I would see scum doing. Therefore it is worth noting.
Elias wrote:
Kison wrote:
Elias wrote:-What in fucks name made you think I actually wanted Surye lynched over just that? We all know how well pressure works if you say its just pressure
This :
Elias_the_thief wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:So I really need to devote more time to this game.

Can we bandwagon Surye already?

so.... still not seeing where this is a good idea...
proven scum that started the wagon jumped off for no good reason when it got serious?
How is that not good enough reason?

unvote, vote: surye
Perhaps lynched is the wrong word, but your top pick for lynch candidate, AKA bandwagoning, yes. If he was not your top pick, please tell me who was, and where you mentioned that they were your top pick at that time.
Wow...since when have I ever used random bandwagons to support lynching? Have you actually played with me before or no? Why is it my job to keep you informed as to my top candidates for lynching at all times? To me it seems that just tells who I'm willing to be convinced to vote for if they make a BS case. I had no top pick for lynch. My top suspect was Surye but I was in no convinced that I should lynch him.
Very well. You didn't think we should lynch him. Did you feel that the bandwagon derailment warranted forcing a claim out of him? How far did you want to bring that wagon? Because my entire point is that the bandwagon derailment, to me, was not as indicative of Surye being scum as you seem to believe. Also, you have implied you suspected him for other reasons. What are those other reasons? I find it funny that you insisted you had those other reasons, and when I pointed out that you only used that derailment as a reason, you dropped that point and turned the focus onto semantics.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:42 pm

Kisonvoters, please unvote, you're standing between the town and a lynch.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:44 pm

Kison wrote: Are you telling me you still think Surye is scum? It's not that Surye necessarily should have claimed. It's that traditionally, when one hits L-2, or when someone feels they're close to being lynched, demanding a claim in order to better gage whether or not that person is scum as a last ditch attempt to prove their innocence is a good move. If the wagon dies and they're no longer in danger of being lynched, it's the Town's responsibility to put them back there if they want that claim. Otherwise, I do not see the point of forcing someone to claim if the Town does not even find them suspicious enough to threaten them with a lynch. It's a very simple concept, brosef.
I found that Suryes actions were still suspicious enough to warrant a claim, and he has claimed since. Your perception of claims is retarded. The claim had already been requested and surye got out of it cheaply, almost certainly thanks to scum interference. If its the towns fucking responsibity to put them back, WHY THE FUCK WAS IT SCUMMY FOR COOLBOT TO ATTEMPT THAT YOU RETARD? Are you saying that people should abandon their suspiciouns if the town doesnt agree.?
Kison wrote:Was Adel supported all around? Were those supporting ABR scum? Why should scum support ABR if they can justifiably support their scumbuddy? It's not that you supported Adel with bad reason, it's that you backed her when she was butting heads with ABR. This is hardly damning in itself, but it fits what I would see scum doing. Therefore it is worth noting.
It was the proper protown play. At best its a null tell, therefore not worth noting.
Kison wrote: Very well. You didn't think we should lynch him. Did you feel that the bandwagon derailment warranted forcing a claim out of him? How far did you want to bring that wagon? Because my entire point is that the bandwagon derailment, to me, was not as indicative of Surye being scum as you seem to believe. Also, you have implied you suspected him for other reasons. What are those other reasons? I find it funny that you insisted you had those other reasons, and when I pointed out that you only used that derailment as a reason, you dropped that point and turned the focus onto semantics.
I wanted a claim, the same claim that me and coolbot wanted the day before. I never implied other reasons. I was simply using that language since you used it when describing me pursueing a lynch just for that, my argument was that I was no where near intent to lynch.

And I already voted myself. You can fuck off now.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:45 pm

the silent speaker wrote:Kisonvoters, please unvote, you're standing between the town and a lynch.
Are you usually this obvious around buddies?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Gorrad could you either flat out say who you are going to kill or at least post a couple names so that Tar does not waste his investigation?

Elias if you're a dying townie could you put up a quick scumlist/townlist or something of that nature?
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:58 pm

everyone appears scummy to me.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Unvote
. TSS is going to be killed.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Kison »

Elias_the_thief wrote:If its the towns fucking responsibity to put them back, WHY THE FUCK WAS IT SCUMMY FOR COOLBOT TO ATTEMPT THAT YOU RETARD? Are you saying that people should abandon their suspiciouns if the town doesnt agree.?
Because he was less concerned about getting the votes and more concerned about getting the claim. He wasn't trying to present a case against Surye. He was saying, "I want him to claim," yet was not doing anything to convince anyone as to why until asked to later on. I can't just say, "Elias, I want you to claim" and expect you to comply without good reason, because obviously the rest of the Town doesn't agree since their votes aren't on you. On the flip side, if scum hopping off the wagon caused that to die, then it meant they were on it in the first place, indicating there was even less of a town consensus in the first place. Going by memory, the claim demand didn't come till afterwards. If it came first then I would be more inclined to agree with you.
Elias wrote:
Kison wrote:Was Adel supported all around? Were those supporting ABR scum? Why should scum support ABR if they can justifiably support their scumbuddy? It's not that you supported Adel with bad reason, it's that you backed her when she was butting heads with ABR. This is hardly damning in itself, but it fits what I would see scum doing. Therefore it is worth noting.
It was the proper protown play.
And something I'd expect scum to do given the circumstances.
Elias wrote:I wanted a claim, the same claim that me and coolbot wanted the day before. I never implied other reasons. I was simply using that language since you used it when describing me pursueing a lynch just for that, my argument was that I was no where near intent to lynch.
Then this is our problem. I do not see the wagon derailment as coming anywhere near warranting what you wanted.
Elias wrote:You can fuck off now.
:twisted:

Anyways, Elias, sorry if you're Town. I planned on doing a full reread but I just haven't had time. Your actual game actions simply are scummiest to me, whether or not you agree. It's your call whether or not you wish to hate me forever for it. :cry:
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Guardian »

Locking the thread now.

Post 1045 is the last post before deadline that counts.

Will get a VC/scene up within 30 minutes.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count #41

elias_the_thief[5] (Kison, Surye, shaft.ed, the silent speaker, elias_the_thief)
Toaster Strudel[2]: (Tarhalindur, Machiavellian-Mafia)
shaft.ed[2]: (Gorrad, Toaster Strudel)

Not Voting[1]: (pickemgenius)

~~~

elias_the_thief is lynched by a deadline majority.
elias_the_thief
was a
townie

Deadline for night actions is 8 PM Sunday June 15. I will start day earlier if I get all the night actions in before that time; please try to get them in ASAP. This deadline is absolutely irrevocable; I will be V/LA starting the 16th. If you don't get a deadline choice in on time it will be randomized. Adel will be taking care of the thread while I am V/LA. Thanks!
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”