College Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

College Football

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:36 am

Post by CoolBot »

VT & USC were a good preview, but college football is finally kicking off in a big way this weekend.

Michigan's my team, and, as much as it pains me to say it, I doubt they're much threat for the Orange Bowl, but I see them as the favorites to win the Big 10. Iowa & Ohio State are the biggest games for the Wolverines this year.

So, what's your favorite teams and how do you think they'll do?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:27 am

Post by Quagmire »

Look for a sleeper team in the form of Wisconsin in the Big Ten!

Even though our backup running back left football with a heart condition, we bring back many starters, except for our QB. Which we greatly improved in that area. Where we lost Lee Evans, we gained that much in John Stocco at the QB. From what I've seen of him, he's great.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:49 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Barry A is a good coach. He coached at my ma's high school way back when. I think WI will do well.
Both my parents are native Nebraskians, so I was raised apart of Husker nation. I think NU was crack the top25 in both polls in week 3 after hopefully beat Pitt on the road en route to a 3-0 record. It'll be interesting to see what coach C does. At K-state is the first real test for Nebraska. Going down to Norman won't be easy either.
GO BIG RED!!!
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:16 pm

Post by CoolBot »

I think Nebraska may be down a year or more as they try to more away from the option and move towards the West Coast offense. Like Notre Dame, it's a needed change but it means a rough year or two.

Wisconsin will have to be a sleeper; I don't see them placing any higher than fourth, behind Iowa, OSU & Michigan in some order. There sure are a lot of new QBs in the B10 this year, though.
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:44 pm

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Illinois; I'm not even going to pretend that we have chance at anything this year. Michigan will win the Big Ten.
I really need to find a good quote

89-73... an improvement if you look at it that way.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:50 pm

Post by mathcam »

U Arizona; I feel like we might be able to get on to the field without falling down, but then again, I wouldn't put money on it.

Cam
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:57 am

Post by CoolBot »

Though I'd bump this thread since we're at about mid-season.

In the Big 10, Purdue's in the driver's seat, but they have two tough games this weekend against Wiscy and next week aganist UM. I figure they'll go 1-1, hopefully winning this week & losing the next. :D
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:04 pm

Post by Quagmire »

CoolBot wrote:Though I'd bump this thread since we're at about mid-season.

In the Big 10, Purdue's in the driver's seat, but they have two tough games this weekend against Wiscy and next week aganist UM. I figure they'll go 1-1, hopefully winning this week & losing the next. :D
Other way around. What would happen though if both Michigan and UW won out? They don't play each other. Who would go to the Rose Bowl?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:57 am

Post by CoolBot »

Wisconsin, since they have the better OOC record(also, Michigan went last year, though I'm not sure if that rule is still in the books). Although, if they win out & a couple of other teams loss, Wisconsin may end up in the Orange Bowl. Then, the Rose Bowl would be free to pick any team, whether they're in the Big 10 or not. I believe a one loss Michigan team would be attractive enough for a BCS bowl to pick them, though.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:23 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Bah, the BAdgers pulled it out. Now I have to hope the Gophers scrape things together before they play Wisconsin.

On the brighter side, Ohio State's season is going straight down the drain. :mrgreen:
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:07 am

Post by Quagmire »

CoolBot wrote:Bah, the BAdgers pulled it out. Now I have to hope the Gophers scrape things together before they play Wisconsin.

On the brighter side, Ohio State's season is going straight down the drain. :mrgreen:
I really hope OSU beats Michigan, because U of M is the only other team that's undefeated in the Big Ten.

Go Badgers! I was forced to listen to the game on the radio for the 4th quarter from when Purdue scored that touchdown on. You should have heard the announcers for Badger Radio go nuts when Starks returned the fumble.

Wisconsin's toughest test is the last game of the season now, and that's at Iowa. Other tests are at Michigan St. and against Minnesota. I hope Minnesota continues to suck, too, to make up for how much better the Vikings are than the Packers.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:18 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Two weeks in a row rooting for the Sparties; very strange. At least they came through big yesterday, and now Michigan has the inside track to the Rose Bowl.
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:49 pm

Post by pwnz »

Two words for you, CoolBot, after the game yesterday.. and coming straight from the mouth of the biggest State fan of them all..
"You're welcome."
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:33 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Yeah. I have to give my props to John L. Smith and the way he coached that game. He did the best coaching job that I think I have ever seen.

The Spartans played great, and the Badgers didn't, and that's all it came down to.

Looks like the Outback Bowl for us. :-\
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:09 pm

Post by pwnz »

Just push all of your chips on Ohio State and say a bunch of prayers, Quag..
I don't think that it'll ever happen.. but you can always have hope.

Return to “General Discussion”