Newbie 621 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by zeal »

Why not? If someone puts a final vote on him we'll be able to tell that they're scum immediately.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Mirth »

zeal wrote:Why not? If someone puts a final vote on him we'll be able to tell that they're scum immediately.
Because as unhelpful and for all intents and purposes useless TSQ is being right now, lurky =/= scum, so there's no actual reason to wagon him but pressure to make him talk. The issue with putting him at L-1 is that someone who is trigger happy might hammer him. A lot of times the trigger happy are actually impatient town. Scum isn't usually stupid enough to be the hammer vote on an early meritless wagon. Batto may of course disagree with me here.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by zeal »

I see your point, but smart scum could use that to their advantage, using the argument no scum would be foolish enough to do that.

I don't expect anyone in our game would have him lynched because they're impatient, except maybe Nahraza. However, I don't want him killed before he explains himself so just incase:
Unvote: Thestatusquo

I'd also like to hear what Battousai thinks of your reasoning. His approaches seem a little different from yours, and I'd like to see as broad a scope of playing styles and tactics as I can in my first game on this forum.
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by mercdaemon »

Mirth wrote:
Because as unhelpful and for all intents and purposes useless TSQ is being right now, lurky =/= scum, so there's no actual reason to wagon him but pressure to make him talk.
Isn't it a bit much to try and classify TSQ's posting as merely "lurky"? We've pretty much all been asking for some input from him for quite a while now, and he has posted since then, just without any semblance of substance.

His strategy is starting to look more and more fishy, but for the life of me I can't work out why he'd be playing like this.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Mirth »

mercdaemon wrote:
Mirth wrote:
Because as unhelpful and for all intents and purposes useless TSQ is being right now, lurky =/= scum, so there's no actual reason to wagon him but pressure to make him talk.
Isn't it a bit much to try and classify TSQ's posting as merely "lurky"? We've pretty much all been asking for some input from him for quite a while now, and he has posted since then, just without any semblance of substance.

His strategy is starting to look more and more fishy, but for the life of me I can't work out why he'd be playing like this.
I say lurky because he's posting in GD at least. Why do you think it's a bit much to try and classify him as lurky? What kind of connotations does the word have for you?
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:01 am

Post by mercdaemon »

Mirth wrote: I say lurky because he's posting in GD at least. Why do you think it's a bit much to try and classify him as lurky? What kind of connotations does the word have for you?
I'll admit, after I posted I jumped on the wiki and had a look at the definition of lurking there, and it seems that TSQ conforms to that at least. Lurking for me would have been not posting in this at all. To me, whether he posts in GD or not (had to look that one up :wink:) doesn't mean a great deal, given that he's basically dropped in here to ignore the discussion completely.

Anyway, it seems that it may be the best we get out of TSQ at this stage. I agree with Batt that TSQ being town, alive and lurking is better than TSQ being dead and town. However, his actions don't really make sense for him being either town or scum.

unvote
since it was just the random I made at the start and it doesn't really have a purpose. (As it turned out, it never did :( )[/b]
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Gremwell »

If you look back he's been like this from page one but Nahraza cam in and became the focus of attention then I did the same, but before we both entered the game, the board was looking at/asking direct questions to TSQ, and now there is no one to come in and draw attention so he's just stopped posting all together.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Battousai »

In my opinion, lynching lurkers D1 isn't neccessarily bad, especially if they are picking up their prods and the lynchers don't have someone they find overly scummy to lynch. Remember lurking =/= scum, but it doesn't also imply that they are town either.

The reason I support a TSQ lynch to some degree is that what if he keeps playing like this into D2? When do you draw the line to actually lynching them, when it's LyLo-
would like an answer from EVERYBODY
? If he keeps playing like this, it becomes harder and harder to get any real read out of him. I would definately support a replacement, but he's picking up his prods.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Mirth »

Batto, while I see and concede your point, I'd rather wait a bit longer conversationwise before making a call on it. While lurkers throw off reads and can possibly cost a game, I'd much rather lynch someone who is actual scum. I will not get into when I draw the line at lynching them, because there are ways of determining which side they're on. <blatantly obvious thing that I will not speculate on>

Now then, since this is all stagnant, I'm going to throw out a question to all of you, please answer:

If you had to pick someone to lynch now, who would you pick and why. (If your first choice is TSQ please give a second choice also, because I'm really very not fond of lurker lynches)
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Gremwell »

Mirth wrote:I'd much rather lynch someone who is actual scum.
I don't see any evidence saying that TSQ isn't actual scum but what hes given us isn't evidence either way except that he refuses to be cooperative, which would be pro town

to answer your question my vote tells you my first choice for the lynch and my second choice wouldn't be anything more than a FOS at Mirth for the above comment
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:31 am

Post by Mirth »

Agreed that we don't know that TSQ isn't scum, but I'm really not fond of the idea of lynching lurkers when there are scummy acting people around.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Battousai »

My second choice: Gremwell. I was actually going to vote him earlier to get some reasction out of him as soon as TSQ started to cooperate, unless TSQ's cooperation became scummy.

Gremwell: Why do you not like that quote? You would give Mirth a FOS for that comment, but you never said why that comment was suspicious.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:34 am

Post by Gremwell »

for her to say she'd rather vote for someone who is actual scum would lead me to believe she knows for a fact that TSQ is not scum, and only the scum know who the scum are at this point
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:36 am

Post by Mirth »

Battousai wrote:My second choice: Gremwell. I was actually going to vote him earlier to get some reasction out of him as soon as TSQ started to cooperate, unless TSQ's cooperation became scummy.

Gremwell: Why do you not like that quote? You would give Mirth a FOS for that comment, but you never said why that comment was suspicious.
Thought it was kind of obvious why he FOSed me. Why ask that?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:18 am

Post by mith »

Prodding Malex McJokeus, Nahraza, Thestatusquo.
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Malex McJokeus »

Battousai wrote:My second choice: Gremwell. I was actually going to vote him earlier to get some reasction out of him as soon as TSQ started to cooperate, unless TSQ's cooperation became scummy.
QFT. I was also going to lean towards Gremwell. I was particularly bothered by him voting, unvoting and revoting within five of his posts. However, by the same token I then have to look at Zeal next because he did a similar thing voting and then unvoting after Mirth voted for him. Switching back and forth so quickly just seems sketchy to me. It is as if Zeal was nervous to attract a vote.

Other than that though, next for me would go Nahraza, who has not done himself any favors with his ill-advised posts. I guess I am saying it is early and I am still suspicious of everyone, but those people are the ones that stand out to me.
Mirth wrote:Don't particularly care either way if you think I'm suspicious or not.
Oh, and Mirth cause I voted for her before and she made it clear that she should not be above suspicion.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by Battousai »

Mirth: I wanted to know his reasons exactly instead of what my reason would have been.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Mirth »

I mean I thought his explanation with the FOS was kind of obvious.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by zeal »

If you had to pick someone to lynch now, who would you pick and why.
If it was right now, without any more information at all then:

Firstly Status, because he hasn't really tried to help us out very much, and is lurking.

And secondly Nahraza, because he told us himself that he doesn't find the game all that interesting, and probably won't read the pages he's missed since he last posted.
Gremwell wrote: I don't see any evidence saying that TSQ isn't actual scum but what hes given us isn't evidence either way except that he refuses to be cooperative, which would be pro town
How is refusing to be cooperative pro town?
Malex McJokeus wrote: However, by the same token I then have to look at Zeal next because he did a similar thing voting and then unvoting after Mirth voted for him. Switching back and forth so quickly just seems sketchy to me. It is as if Zeal was nervous to attract a vote.
Mirth's vote had nothing to do with my unvoting, it was her reasoning in post 176. I really do want Status to give us an explanation of his posting, but I don't want him dead before he gets the chance to give it. Also I'm a she. And a her >=[
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:49 pm

Post by mercdaemon »

Mirth wrote:If you had to pick someone to lynch now, who would you pick and why. (If your first choice is TSQ please give a second choice also, because I'm really very not fond of lurker lynches)
TSQ would have been first. Second I'd lean towards Gremwell. Batto is also on the radar, but a lynch on TSQ would give me a better idea on that.
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Post by Malex McJokeus »

My apologies Zeal, I forgot to look at your symbol of Venus.
Nahraza
Nahraza
Townie
Nahraza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:47 am

Post by Nahraza »

Other than that though, next for me would go Nahraza, who has not done himself any favors with his ill-advised posts.
Urgh x). What does that mean, I'm not in condition to translate that. Or I'm just stupid today.
And secondly Nahraza, because he told us himself that he doesn't find the game all that interesting, and probably won't read the pages he's missed since he last posted.
Now I finally remember to mention you, that it's not "he" :P. It's annoying 'cause I can't fit it into me and think that it's me. And to the actual post: Probably I will read the pages, since I last posted. If I remember right, I have read all the pages from my last post, but there were nothing interesting or it was so late that I couldn't respond. So maybe reread could be good for this time too. (Humm, and I said that I didn't find the game interesting at that point, or I meant it.)

TSQ really is weird. Lurking like that.. It's hard to say why he does that, but he have his own reasons, I think. But I wouldn't lynch him for that, only hope that he would come and say something.
Ei j├â┬ñrjen h├â┬ñiv├â┬ñ├â┬ñk├â┬ñ├â┬ñn, mutta ├â┬ñlk├â┬ñ├â┬ñ v├â┬ñlitt├â┬ñk├â┬Â. Sellainen min aina oon.
Muutto [url=http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/mielipelit/index.php?mforum=mielipelit]Kylään[/url] lisää todistetusti vainoharhaisuutta.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:53 am

Post by zeal »

mercdaemon wrote: TSQ would have been first. Second I'd lean towards Gremwell. Batto is also on the radar, but a lynch on TSQ would give me a better idea on that.
I'm assuming you mean that if Status isn't scum then there's a higher chance that Battousai is?
Malex McJokeus wrote: My apologies Zeal, I forgot to look at your symbol of Venus.
That's fine, I expect I might get mixed up too considering my avatar has a moustache.
Nahraza wrote: Now I finally remember to mention you, that it's not "he" .
Irony >.<
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:14 am

Post by mercdaemon »

Nahraza wrote: TSQ really is weird. Lurking like that.. It's hard to say why he does that, but he have his own reasons, I think. But I wouldn't lynch him for that, only hope that he would come and say something.
Okay then, who would you lynch?
zeal wrote: I'm assuming you mean that if Status isn't scum then there's a higher chance that Battousai is?
That remains to be seen. At this stage if TSQ is "off-limits" because of the whole "lurking != scum" thing then we're not really close to a lynch at all.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:19 am

Post by Mirth »

TSQ is not off limits, its just more advisable to try and drag something out of him first. Since we're not deadlined and we have all the time in the world until the mod decides that this day is taking too long and deadlines us, we can afford to try and wait him out a bit.

Zeal, refusing to cooperate is not protown, but simply not playing is not a scumtell. Though if he keeps posting in GD but not here, I'll have no issue with lynching him.

Nahraza: if you have to lynch someone now, how would you lynch? (If TSQ is your first choice who is your second an why?) Whom do you suspect? What do you think about lurking as a scumtell? do you have anything at all to contribute?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”