Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

Final Vote Count of the Day

Shteven (3) - armlx, iamausername, Shteven

armlx (1) - Shteven

Not voting (2) - The Fonz, vollkan

Shteven,
Vanilla Townie
, is dead. Night 6 has begun. Night choices are due by Tuesday, 5 PM EST.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:57 am

Post by -TinVision- »

Those left alive have retired for the night in the decrepit Cadillac Hotel, fearing to return to their own homes. Suddenly, in the midst of the night, there is a muffled scream and sounds of a struggle and something heavy tumbling to the ground.

Vollkan bursts from his room and runs down the hall to an open door-- 309. Iamausername's room. He switches the light on and sees a horrible sight--
armlx, Serial Killer
, stands cackling, wiping a bloody meat cleaver on his thigh. At his feet, twitching in a pool of blood lies
iamausername, Vanilla Townie
. armlx looks up and rushes at vollkan with a cackle of glee.

Suddenly a shot rings out. armlx falls to the ground, stone dead.

The Fonz, Mafia Goon
, steps from the closet door, his .38 Special still smoking. As he advances on vollkan in the harsh glare of the bare bulb hanging from the hotel room ceiling, his Cheshire grin seems impossibly white. Fade to black.

Game over! Mafia wins!
Last edited by -TinVision- on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:11 am

Post by dcorbe »

Nice job fonz :)

Since I was lynched early on do I put this one in my lose column or does this count as a win?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

If your team wins, you win.

Also:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:23 am

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:armlx is probably mafia, but possibly town.
Shteven is probably SK, but possibly mafia.
Fonz is probably town, but possibly SK.
Damn, I'm good. :lol:

When I saw Shteven's self-hammer, I guessed that Fonz would win because armlx killed me and Fonz killed him, but thought for sure their roles would be the other way round.

Fantastically played, Fonz, never had the slightest inkling that you were mafia, and your convincing case against Shteven probably won you the game.
dcorbe wrote:Since I was lynched early on do I put this one in my lose column or does this count as a win?
Well, it's technically a win, even if you didn't contribute much to it (through no real fault of your own, I might add; I'm not sure anyone could have got themselves out of the situation Oman left you in). Certainly doesn't count as a lose for you, anyway.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:38 am

Post by -TinVision- »

First, I want to thank everyone who played the game or replaced in and stayed til the end. This was the first game I've modded, and it was quite a fun experience.

I want to note that Shteven's self-hammer was the correct play: lynching the last Mafia or the SK would've been a town loss. Nolynching left the possibility of a town win, but with worse odds.

armlx and The Fonz both played the game very well right til the end, and either of them would've deserved their win. armlx was in the tough position of needing to survive in a game where 90% of the players died before endgame, while The Fonz lost a lot of mafia members, including the Godfather, early on. Both anti-town factions faced overwhelming town power, with TWO Cops, a Doctor, AND Masons.

However, the cookie crumbled just right; town power bit the dust, and the pool of confirmeds stayed small enough that Mafia was able to pull off a win. Well played, everyone.
Last edited by -TinVision- on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
lol objective morality
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:42 am

Post by iamausername »

-TinVision- wrote:I want to note that Shteven's self-hammer was the correct play: lynching the last Mafia or the SK would've been a town loss. Nolynching left the possibility of a town win, but with worse odds.
We were at 3:1:1, lynching one of the scum would go to night at 3:1, one townie dead leaves us at 2:1. That's not a loss, is it?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:44 am

Post by -TinVision- »

No, you're right. Pay me no mind. I was camping all weekend and my brain is still fried.

Edit: Actually, I believed he played the odds correctly. Town needed two correct lynches in a row, a one in six chance (2/4 * 1/3), versus the cross-kill chance of one out of four (1/2 * 1/2).
lol objective morality
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:36 am

Post by The Fonz »

-TinVision- wrote:No, you're right. Pay me no mind. I was camping all weekend and my brain is still fried.

Edit: Actually, I believed he played the odds correctly. Town needed two correct lynches in a row, a one in six chance (2/4 * 1/3), versus the cross-kill chance of one out of four (1/2 * 1/2).
Except that you have to take into account that if you attempt to lynch correctly and fail, you still have the chance of the crosskill. Frankly, I don't think Shteven's play there really made much difference.

iamausername wrote:
iamausername wrote:armlx is probably mafia, but possibly town.
Shteven is probably SK, but possibly mafia.
Fonz is probably town, but possibly SK.
Damn, I'm good. :lol:

When I saw Shteven's self-hammer, I guessed that Fonz would win because armlx killed me and Fonz killed him, but thought for sure their roles would be the other way round.

Fantastically played, Fonz, never had the slightest inkling that you were mafia, and your convincing case against Shteven probably won you the game.
It really helped that I actually believed what I was saying. I'd called Shteven as SK quite a time before. :oops:
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:48 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

what bastard killed me night 0?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

It was Oman's call.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:59 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

note to self: thank Oman.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:03 am

Post by The Fonz »

Actually, looking at the quicktopic, i put in a shortlist, and everyone else kinda went 'CKD, yeah, that'll do.'

We then killed Ryan because he actually wasn't being a complete tool like usual, which made us think he was protecting a power role.

The playfair kill was because I spotted a super obvious cop tell. Just kidding, it was because we couldn't actually think how we'd ever get him lynched.

After that we just knocked off confirmeds.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:24 am

Post by LaptopGun »

damn. Nice job fonz. Wish I had thought more about you. Btw did both you and armix think I was yiour respective enemy?
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:26 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nope. I knocked you off because I thought the SK would go for vollkan. As I said, the killing pattern of the SK indicated an uninvestigated, and I actually needed to play with fire for a while w/r/t the SK, because I needed him to thin out the town. The risk of crosskill just had to be taken (besides, the consequences of aiming for the SK and missing would have been catastrophic- I'd have run out of townies to lynch before they came round to me).
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:44 am

Post by dahill1 »

damn i had armlx and Fonz mixed up!
anyways great job Fonz, i honestly had no idea you were mafia.
the good part about this game is i think i'm starting to see an anti-town tell for armlx
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:31 am

Post by armlx »

Killed username for 2 reasons

1) Thought he was more likely mafia

2) If fonz was mafia I was sure he would kill me. If username was, I was unsure he would.

Dahill, I know what you are talking about as well btw.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Yeah I got to hand it to you Fonz. I was so confused by you I was convinced you were the SK or a very unfriendly townie.

I have three regrets: I should have pushed Fonz more (even if I thought he was SK), I should have called out armx far more for going after oman/dcrobe in a (in hindsight) self-serving manner, and I should never have opened my mouth about Justinplayfair

If and when I get to play as an SK, there are somethings I wont do learning from armix et al. Likewise I have a better idea how to play a convincing mafia.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by armlx »

SK is by far my favorite role (well, tied with pro-town SK aka vig). Needs something extra though. I think I'm going to post in the Open game discussion about making the SK unNKable.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Oman »

Hye guys. So this is over. I'm really sorry, I don';t know what caused this game to get lost in my mind. It occured during my slump, which is now over, which hurt my contriubution.

Yes, CKD, I said kill you!

And good work to everyone in this game, you all played well. Nice endgame though.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by Cipher »

Yeah, I investigated The Fonz on the night I died. Kinda wish I hadn't pushed Phate now - way to screw myself over. Good game from the scums, a well-deserved win.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:06 pm

Post by vollkan »

Damn. Good game. This game reached its end at the worst possible time for me - right in the middle of exams. It prevented me from making a proper review but, going by what I suspected and what the result was, it seems I was on the wrong track anyway.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:50 am

Post by The Fonz »

armlx wrote:SK is by far my favorite role (well, tied with pro-town SK aka vig). Needs something extra though. I think I'm going to post in the Open game discussion about making the SK unNKable.
The SK should never, ever, EVER, be both investigation-immune and an-Nkable.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:14 am

Post by farside22 »

Hey iamusername. Thanks for replacing me. Sorry about that. When the baby came and life was hectic this was one of those games I just knew I would have trouble keeping up with.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Shteven »

I warned you guys about the fonz, so now I have to say I told you so. True I did peg him more as SK but I did mention him as mafia at least twice ;)

Now I just need to figure out why I'm always lynched as town and rarely NK'ed. That, and figuring out why people won't just believe everything I say because it's obviously awesome. If anyone has any hints let me know ;)

Wanted to post this link: my post in the old 'new C9' because I got some flak for that in this game. I couldn't link it before my self-vote because I found out that the game ended after I had made that post. I'd like some thoughts on the behavior in general, and in this game. I don't see working towards a consensus and going for popular opinion to be a bad thing, honestly. In this case it would have meant getting the SK instead of the mafia, although certainly it won't always be so fortunate.

Thanks to tinvision for sticking up for the self vote. I think 2:1(confirmed townie):1:1 is an extension of 2:1:1. The scum's not going to go for the confirmed townie, and the confirmed townie will just get endgamed. You do have the possibility of going for two correct lynches if you have solid evidence, but I wasn't getting that feeling in this game. If today's lynch wasn't me I saw myself being an easy final lynch the next day.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”