Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Quagmire wrote:
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
Quagmire wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:There have been much bigger lurkers in the game... like you (as Marm), and BBM. We haven't killed anyone for lurking hardcore, so I think it would be an even better strategy not to post or vote at all.
Flameaxe is becoming the next enforcer (according to CES) and I'm probably going to die by CES' hand within the next few hours, so that's pretty much incorrect. I'm pretty sure that you're scum now.
No. NabNab is the next enforcer, and Flameaxe is the third.

I'll wait until Quag's orange, if you guys want so. I doubt he'd suicide-bomb if he were scum, so we'll see what happens.

elvis_knits actually has a pretty decent voting pattern, but I guess that's overrated in an all-vanilla game.
Just saying, if you don't explode in 48 hours I'm going to blow you up. Otherwise I think elvis_knits should be the target today.
Very well. It's just that several people asked for a little more time, and not everyone has said who they'd like me to blow up.

Everyone:
Who do you think I should blow up?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Quagmire »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
Quagmire wrote:
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
Quagmire wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:There have been much bigger lurkers in the game... like you (as Marm), and BBM. We haven't killed anyone for lurking hardcore, so I think it would be an even better strategy not to post or vote at all.
Flameaxe is becoming the next enforcer (according to CES) and I'm probably going to die by CES' hand within the next few hours, so that's pretty much incorrect. I'm pretty sure that you're scum now.
No. NabNab is the next enforcer, and Flameaxe is the third.

I'll wait until Quag's orange, if you guys want so. I doubt he'd suicide-bomb if he were scum, so we'll see what happens.

elvis_knits actually has a pretty decent voting pattern, but I guess that's overrated in an all-vanilla game.
Just saying, if you don't explode in 48 hours I'm going to blow you up. Otherwise I think elvis_knits should be the target today.
Very well. It's just that several people asked for a little more time, and not everyone has said who they'd like me to blow up.

Everyone:
Who do you think I should blow up?
I think 48 hours is enough for everyone to post to determine who they think should die for today. I'm only putting this little bit of pressure on so that you (CES) can't weasel your way out of killng somebody today.

Not that I think you're scum right now -- but you know, just in case you're trying to gambit, I don't want you to sneak by.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by PokerFace »

You should be able to tell what my opinion is. I think Quag2Marm should die. Who should blow him up? I am a little off on a second suspect. The opinions I gave at the start of the day have changed some. I guess if I had to name a second suspect I'd say CEScum. Only reason I'd choose him is because he has the most votes. The voting system was put in place to get those most suspicious to blow up.

I still have reasons leading me to think CEScum may be town despite what links I thought he had to Surye on day6. How he interacted with Yosarian and how Yosarian responded to him has made me think CEScum is more likly town. I think some of conspiracy theory stuff I was considering at the end of day 6 may have been way off. Perhaps the adrenaline or the sugar I had to keep me going strong that late got the best of me.

More people should be posting and discussing. Yosarian lurked some around the last deadline. No one should be lurking!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vote Count info of Day 7:

Cogito Ergo Scum - 3(Elvis, Skitzer, Quag2Marm)
Quag2Marm - 1(PokerFace)

Not Voting - (Elvis, NabNab, FlameAxe)

7 people alive so it should be 4 votes needed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

!Vote Count Error Correcting Now!

Vote Count info of Day 7:

Cogito Ergo Scum - 3(Elvis, Skitzer, Quag2Marm)
Quag2Marm - 1(PokerFace)

Not Voting - 3(Cogito Ergo Scum, NabNab, FlameAxe)

7 people alive so it should be 4 votes needed
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

ALIGHT

Cogito Ergo Scum

Quagmire II (replacing Marmalade)

Players whose names appear in
orange
may make a Dynamite Attack.

Deadline: 9am BST, 19th June.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Quagmire »

Honestly, CES, I think that elvis_knits is the play today.

Backup choices, in order, would be skitzer, Flameaxe, NabNab, Pokerface
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:08 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Quag is definitely looking like the best choice to me. He's voting CES but trying stridently to direct the kill to someone other than himself.

Either way, lack of 'splodin' today indicates that at least one of our lit is gambiting, and my money would be on Quag. (Not that it matters, considering that they're both gonna die)

@Quag: Who do you think is more likely to be scum, Elvis or CES?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Ah, screw it.
DYNAMITE: QUAGMIRE

Good luck, town.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I wrote the following at work today. I basically did some math based on my point of view as I read the thread during break at work.
These charts may change based on Quag/Marm and CEScum's alignments, and me being alive Day 8 or not. You should probably trust your own logic first before relying on mine if I am indeed dead.
The numbers at the bottom are a bit different than I thought they'd be when I started writing this.

Suspect list in order of individual scuminess:
1 Quag/Marm
2 CEScum
3 Skitzer
4 Flameaxe
5 Elvis
6 NabNab

Suspect list based on connections only to Surye:
1 Quag/Marm
2 CEScum
3 NabNab
4 Elvis
5 Flameaxe
6 Skitzer

Suspect list based on connections only to Yosarian:
1 Quag/Marm
2 Elvis
3 NabNab
4 Flameaxe
5 Skitzer
6 CEScum

Considering the rankings as numbers then the scummiest overall here would be the lowest score:
3 Quag/Marm
10 CEScum
11 Elvis
12 NabNab
13 Flameaxe
14 Skitzer

Pending alignments I'll change/drop some numbers and hopefully have to add one more chart to see who still has the lowest score. If i am dead I trust NabNab to do the vote counting.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

You should
probably
trust your own logic first before relying on mine if I am indeed dead. Especially since the numbers are very close.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

BOOM!

Cogito Ergo Scum (Townie) has blown up himself and Quagmire II (replaced Maramalade) (Townie).

Night 7: Please can the Mafia send me their kill within 24 hours.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:46 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

skitzer (Townie) was killed by the Mafia.

Day 8 begins now!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:47 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

NabakovNabakov wrote:I will be away until Monday, June 16.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:25 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

In light of the current game situation, you might like to be reminded of each side's win condition:

To the Mafia I wrote:You win when all the Townies are dead.
To the Townies I wrote:You win when all the Mafia are dead, provided at least one Townie survives.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Elvis? Flameaxe? Who do you guys think is scum? Same to you NabNab. Answer when you get back.

I'm going to take some time to read over things and see what I can come up with based on how this game has progressed and how accurate I think those charts may have been.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Deadline: 5pm BST Monday 23rd June
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

Face: So what's up Poker?

Poker: Nothing much.

Face: Well who's scum?

Poker: I'm not sure.

Face: Well who's playing?

Poker: Aparently just me.

Face: Well since you are town and the only person playing then the game is over and you win.

Poker: I wish it was that easy.

Face: Then let's play

Poker: Loser Mafia wasn't easy and I didn't deserve that win.

Face: No you stupid git! What was the town objective in Loser Mafia?

Poker: To find other townies.

Face: So who do you think is town? That should tell you who should stay alive while the other two blow up.

Poker: I'm not sure I should say just yet.

Face: Why?

Poker: Because I'm wondering if a no lynch may be the best decision.

Face: Well you could ask the other players to review the math you made in post
and see if it is the best decision.

Poker: True, but are there any unforseen variables?

Face: Well Stoofer games do have a reputation for twists.

Poker: says: When experimenting with new mechanics, keep everything else as simple as possible. Wouldn't that outway the possibility for twists?

Face: I would assume that. Should probably ask someone that has played alot of Stoofer games that question. But after all if Stoofer did something crazy like make himself scum like dragon pheonix did in
I imagine there would be a few upset players.

Poker: So basically the town either chooses to no lynch and we go to three players where the towniest doesn't blow up while the other two do, OR I choose from the other three alive who I think is most townie and they stay alive while the other two blow up.

Face: That or you could strike a light and attack who is the scumiest right now. You could roll a dice and everything if you wanted to be dramatic. But it would be best you hit whoever was scumiest.

Poker: That would be fun. Half the reason I signed up for the game was because I wanted to blow someone up.

Face: Or you ask other players for ideas and wait longer.

Poker: Yay that's gonna work.[/sarcasm]

I'll post who I think is scum and read the thread better later. Too many games, too many deadlines, but at least I summed up our options and what to think about. Anybody have anything else? You want to say who you think is scumiest and make sure I'm not wrong about something?

@Mod-Stoofer, Prod all other players
I'm lonely :cry:
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:27 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I have prodded elvis_knits, Flameaxe and NabakovNabakov.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:35 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mr Stoofer sends scary prods!

I want to look more closely over the last few days. I want to see whose arguments I don't like lately, since most (all?) of my top suspects are now dead.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:49 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Hi guys, I'm back.

So we obviously only have a 3-man scumgroup, that was generous of Stoofer.

With 3 town, 1 scum, we could afford to no lynch (go to deadline without dynamiting) today but risk a happily-ever-after if the scum don't play ball.

Feelings on players still alive:

PokerFace: He's been the keeper of the votecount and a consistent contributor. I haven't always agreed with what he said, but I could see where it's coming from. He stayed up on the Long Night, and though he didn't dynamite, I really got the impression that he would have if called upon. I would be very surprised if he was scum.

elvis: A little less sure about, I remember latching on to something early in the game, but I liked the reaction. Fairly town since then.

Flameaxe: Still an extreme lurker, and I really don't buy the "lazy townie" excuse. So we've all seen Flameaxe blow off a game as town, you don't think he isn't smart enough to know this and use it against us? What I'm looking for right now, at least, is for him to actually participate now that we're in the endgame. If he really is a townie, he has an obligation to the town to actually play the game.

Oh, and sometime I'll go back and look for any more connections between known scum and living players, but not today.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Also here. Also gonna re-read at some point in the near future.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:51 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

BOOM!

Flameaxe (Townie) has blown up! Lack of attention to this game has caused his personal supply of Dynamite to detonate.

Yes: this is a modkill due to continuous non-participation. The above post is not good enough in light of such persistent behaviour.

Day 8 continues. Deadline extended to 9am BST 25th June
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:42 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well I was thinking Flameaxe should die today...

So now we have 3 left...

Only one is mafia, or else they would have already won the game.

I think it's obvious that mafia will not be blowing themselves up today. They don't have to. They can refuse to dynamite, or string it out, and win by getting one more night kill.

I think that after we have discussed enough and closer to the deadline, that we should all strike a light. I don't want to rely on someone detonating who doesn't follow through at the last minute.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ok, WOW. I started writing a big post last night that I was going to finish this morning. In that post I was going to say Flameaxe was who I suspected aswell so now I'm absolutly surprised. I think NabNab is town for staying up on that night so I guess elvis has to be the scum. Who do you think is scum Elvis?

I'm up for striking a light between the 21st or 22nd so that we all can go off by the 23rd. We should still account for the 24 hours and think ahead some. I recognize that if we are all lit the 24 hour limit will mean nothing, BUT us all waiting to the absolute last minute (ie the 24th) to strike a light would be bad. The mafiso could just avoid striking and the other two wouldn't be able to touch them because of the 24 hour rule.

So I say we all strike on the 21st or 22nd. Which day is good for both of you to make sure you check the site and light? I don't have any big plans this weekend so I should easily be able to strike alight either of those days.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

My parent's anniversary is the 22nd (I think there is a diner planned or something), so I wouldn't be able to sit around online. I could probably get on now and then to check in, but it wouldn't be a sure thing.

So for me, it would be better to do it the 21st, or early 22nd.
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”