Newbie 621 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:34 am

Post by Gremwell »

zeal wrote:
Gremwell wrote: I don't see any evidence saying that TSQ isn't actual scum but what hes given us isn't evidence either way except that he refuses to be cooperative, which would be pro town
How is refusing to be cooperative pro town?
I meant that Being cooperative and answering our questions could be seen as a pro town move but its been what 5 days I think?
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:53 am

Post by zeal »

Mirth wrote:Zeal, refusing to cooperate is not protown, but simply not playing is not a scumtell. Though if he keeps posting in GD but not here, I'll have no issue with lynching him.
Maybe we can ask mith to
super-cattle-prod
him =p
Gremwell wrote:I meant that Being cooperative and answering our questions could be seen as a pro town move but its been what 5 days I think?
Oh sorry, I read that wrong.
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Malex McJokeus »

Nahraza wrote:
Malex McMe wrote:Other than that though, next for me would go Nahraza, who has not done himself any favors with his ill-advised posts.
Urgh x). What does that mean, I'm not in condition to translate that. Or I'm just stupid today.
It means that while most people have been contributing and attempting to progress the game, some of your posts have just rubbed me the wrong way. It was a reference to the way that you entered the game. I will acknowledge the you have done a better job of contributing in your posts as time went on, which is why you were the fourth person on my sus-list that Mirth requested.

Also, I find your continuing self-deprecation a bit odd. You already posted that English is not your first language, there is no need to call yourself stupid. People could read into your playing the dumb card as a tell. At least that is how I am reading it.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Battousai »

Merc: Why would I be more inclined to be scum based on the outcome of a TSQ lynch?
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Mirth »

I see Nahr playing the lazy card more than the dumb card. Since I think all or at least most of you have contributed your suspects, I'll contribute mine. (Why didn't anyone call on me to answer my own question?)

Grem, for being willowy in his posts and backing down too easily from a challenge from me. (Future advice for all of you: this is how I won my first game as scum, taking advantage of someone who back down too easily. If you have an opinion, stick with it. Anyone who buckles under even the slightest bit of pressure is sure to draw suspicion.)

Nahr, for not playing despite being here.

Merc, for pointing out a lot of the obvious.
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Malex McJokeus »

Mirth wrote:(Why didn't anyone call on me to answer my own question?)
I was going to ask, but I was worried you were going to tell everyone to guess who you thought was suspicious (sorry, I couldn't help myself).
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Gremwell »

this future wagon setup is all well and good but what are we going to do about TSQ?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Mirth »

Wait him out for 3 more pages or one more week, whichever comes later? If he keeps not responding, mod might replace him.

Malex, *never* let the thought of someone not answering stop you from asking. Since we're now at page 9, I'm pretty much done with arbitrary reaction testing and will explain most of my actions if called on them.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Gremwell »

Well we've waited this long i guess,

I personally am beginning to think less and less that he is scum and more that he just really doesn't care about this game. there is still a chance he may be scum mind you but I doubt that is the cause of his horrible play thus far. I don't think we should let him off the hook and look else where. Maybe a replacement would be best.

But I would still like to play a game so while we're waiting. . .

Granted that being wishy washy can be a tell couldn't too sticking to your guns no matter what sense someone may be talking?

And while I guess I am currently a prime suspect no doubt that would draw some scum to set themselves up on this last question for a quick D2, obviously not everyone FOSing me can be scum being only 2 in the game but I think a good look at Malex wouldn't hurt

He seemed eager to "Me too" his way on the wagon, and his other choice Nazahar seems like an easy target too. but I'd put dollars to donuts that its one of you three.

I think whoever is scum in this game is playing well and has yet to out themselves to I'm going to have to reread and see if something doesn't grab me
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Mirth »

Gremwell wrote: I think whoever is scum in this game is playing well and has yet to out themselves to I'm going to have to reread and see if something doesn't grab me
Why? While newbie townies often make very blatant mistakes that are usually more salient than scum mistakes whose to say that some of the play here that can be attributed to newbieness isn't newbie scum
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Gremwell »

no one, I was merely giving my opinion on the game as it stands
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Mirth »

No one? Where did that come from?
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Gremwell »

Mirth wrote:whose to say that some of the play here that can be attributed to newbieness isn't newbie scum
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Mirth »

Ah. That part was rhetorical.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:00 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

Thestatusquo: 3 (Battousai, Gremwell, Malex McJokeus)
Mirth: 1 (Thestatusquo)
zeal: 1 (Mirth)
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Battousai »

MOD: How long does it take before YOU give out prods, 2 days, 3 days, 4...?

If TSQ picks up X amount of prods, he won't be replaced and all he's doing is hurting the game, period.

Merc: You still haven't answered my question from post 203.
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by mercdaemon »

Battousai wrote: Merc: You still haven't answered my question from post 203.
That's because 203 was posted at 4am my local time. That's when all good townies are asleep :)

I didn't say you were more likely to be scum based on the result of a possible lynch on TSQ. I was saying that my opinion of you would change based on what TSQ turned out to be if lynched. That may shift towards town or scum. But, hey, pardon me for stating the obvious.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by zeal »

I personally assumed you were waiting for our answers to base your own on.
Gremwell wrote:And while I guess I am currently a prime suspect no doubt that would draw some scum to set themselves up on this last question for a quick D2, obviously not everyone FOSing me can be scum being only 2 in the game but I think a good look at Malex wouldn't hurt
Why just Malex? What makes him different from the others that are suspicious of you?
mercdaemon wrote:That's because 203 was posted at 4am my local time.
You stoled my time zone :shock:
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Mirth »

zeal wrote:
I personally assumed you were waiting for our answers to base your own one.
If you assumed this, then you should have called me on it right away. (I didn't for the record.) If you think someone is forming opinions based on someone elses with no justifications of their own, call them on it! Sheepiness is baaaaad ^_^ (its 2 in the morning...im going to sleep)
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Post by zeal »

Mirth wrote: Sheepiness is baaaaad ^_^
Why must you hurt me in this way? :|

Just noticed Kristopf hasn't posted since Friday, can we get a prod on him?
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:49 am

Post by mercdaemon »

You're going to have to correct me if I'm wrong here.
Gremwell wrote: And while I guess I am currently a prime suspect no doubt that would draw some scum to set themselves up on this last question for a quick D2, obviously not everyone FOSing me can be scum being only 2 in the game but I think a good look at Malex wouldn't hurt

He seemed eager to "Me too" his way on the wagon, and his other choice Nazahar seems like an easy target too. but I'd put dollars to donuts that its one of you three.

I think whoever is scum in this game is playing well and has yet to out themselves to I'm going to have to reread and see if something doesn't grab me
So on one hand you're saying that you'd bet on one or more of TSQ, Nahraza and Malex being scum (I think that's who you refer to in the "dollars to donuts" bit, as you aren't explicit on the 3rd person, but going on context the unnamed player seems to be TSQ) and on the other hand you're saying that whoever is scum is playing well and you're looking for something to grab you?

I don't like where you're heading here. Battousai picked you up on something earlier, maybe that was just a poor choice of phrase or impatience on your part, but this sounds a lot more suspicious.
Nahraza
Nahraza
Townie
Nahraza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 am

Post by Nahraza »

merc wrote:Okay then, who would you lynch?
mirth wrote:Nahraza: if you have to lynch someone now, how would you lynch? (If TSQ is your first choice who is your second an why?) Whom do you suspect? What do you think about lurking as a scumtell? do you have anything at all to contribute?
Mmm... I don't really know. I know better that who I wouldn't lynch at the moment. None has really caught my sight so far being too suspicious and scum. ...TSQ is my first choice..? x) I didn't say that, I think. And like I said just, I don't really have someone to suspect. But can't that be used to the other way? If I trust all the others but not one person, I would vote for that person if I think logically. Here is like two scummies and nine players (?) and if I find the six townies the others are likely scum. But that has the same inaccurate level as voting for suspicious persons. It's easier to trust than suspect for me ^^;

Lurking as a scumtell... I have an opinion of that but it's harder to put it in words. I think I have posted something about that before, but but... In few words I'd say that lurking isn't always bad thing and doesn't always be the thing to do if you are scum. So I wouldn't lynch lurkers because they can get replaced with someone that is more active. (I hope that it was right, because the word "scumtell" is weird to me x) LittleMistakes ^^) And I try to "contribute" (... and that was like tenth time to look that in dictionary..) even if it's like hell to me.
Malex wrote:Also, I find your continuing self-deprecation a bit odd. You already posted that English is not your first language, there is no need to call yourself stupid. People could read into your playing the dumb card as a tell. At least that is how I am reading it.
Thx :>. I'm trying to change my habits in playing. But... yea, there is need to call myself stupid x). Because I should already understand what you posted, but the other day was bad language day. Too much exercise, too little sleep. No good.
mirth wrote:(Why didn't anyone call on me to answer my own question?)
Do I have a bad remembering skill, but I think I asked you to answer to that, why you voted for me x). In post 61 at third page..?

And please, please, please Gremwell it's
Nahraza
not Nazahar :P. Not so difficult at all.

T... S... Q... Wheeer.. aaarr.. yuu?
Ei j├â┬ñrjen h├â┬ñiv├â┬ñ├â┬ñk├â┬ñ├â┬ñn, mutta ├â┬ñlk├â┬ñ├â┬ñ v├â┬ñlitt├â┬ñk├â┬Â. Sellainen min aina oon.
Muutto [url=http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/mielipelit/index.php?mforum=mielipelit]Kylään[/url] lisää todistetusti vainoharhaisuutta.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:24 am

Post by Mirth »

zeal wrote:
Mirth wrote: Sheepiness is baaaaad ^_^
Why must you hurt me in this way? :|
Because it was around 2 in the morning?

Nahraza, I said "if" didn't say you think that, asked if you do. You still did not answer. If there are people who you dont think are scum, then who do you not not think is scum?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Battousai »

Merc: Sorry 'bout that, I looked at Malex's post and thought that was you and you skipped my question.

Grem- who were your targets? TSQ... that's not any better than Malex's TSQ and Nahraza "easy" targets.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Gremwell »

I didn't think it was that convoluted but I guess it was as so many people are asking about it so I apologize, and to you too Nahraza.

What I was trying to say was that from Mirth's question who's your second choice to lynch after TSQ if that was the case. what I was trying to say is that since it looks like I'm the next easy target that I suspect the 4 that pointed the finger at me as to set themselves up in the future so it wouldn't look odd when a wagon forms, I explained why I singled out Malex and the others were Battousai, Mirth and mercdaemon.

Now with those numbers, the best case scenario is that two townies think I'm scum, and theres a few who haven't chimed in who may feel the same.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”