Mini 533: Something wicked this way comes! Game over!

Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by Qman »

Roles:

Townies:

geraintm
ting =)
Disciple Slayer
FaerieLord
TheSweatPantsNinja
OhGodMyLife

Power roles and Actions:

ZeekLTK - Miller

YvonneSeer - Cop

Investigated Skruffs Night 1 (Guilty)

MichelSableheart - Paranoid Doctor (Read: Jailkeeper)

Protected TheSweatpantsNinja Night 1
Protected Battle Mage Night 2

Skruffs, Serial Killer - Kills with Poison

Killed YvonneSeer Night 1
Killed MichelSableheart Night 2

Mafia: Shaka!! + Battle Mage

Battle Mage kills YvonneSeer Night 1
Shaka!! kills Skruffs Night 2
Battle Mage kills FaerieLord Night 3
Battle Mage kills OhGodMyLife Night 4

Notes:
The Night 3 Mafia kill was randomized due to no submission.
Which Mafia made the kill depended on which PM'd the kill.
The Doctor wasn't aware they were (in effect) a Jailkeeper unless the Cop was nightkilled.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

aww man. I cant believe i lost because of my lack of activity. I was ON THE SITE with the opportunity to hammer. :(

I thought Ting was going to vote for me originally tbh. I was caught off guard, and i suck. -.-

Well played though!

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by geraintm »

you were so unlucky BM
it really was a half hour window to win and then ting got panicky.

was i right in my guess of why i was left alive then?

and was the pushing of shaka planned then or not?
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Great game everyone, even though it did drag quite a bit in the end.

Qman, thanks for modding! A couple of questions I had:
  • Was there a reason why, in case the SK and the mafia targeted the same person for the nightkill, the modus operandi of the SK was shown as being the cause of death? This could have informed the town of the presence of an SK even though there was only a single kill that night. The SK is already weaker then the mafia, outing him when you don't have to seems a bad decission to me.
  • The doctor is only informed of being paranoid after the cop has been nightkilled. Why does this informing happen at the beginning of the next night, rather then the day immediately after the nightkill?
  • The role update pm you sent me strongly implied that I only became paranoid after the cop died, rather then that I had been paranoid all along. Was this intentional?
I must say that Petunho/Battlemage played very well. I definately did not target BM night 2 in order to block him, and I doubt I would have made the decission Ting made.

I did consider blocking Skruffs night 2. Ultimately I didn't, because I had hinted that I was going to protect BM at the end of day 2, when I didn't know I was paranoid.

Guess I was right when I spotted Skruffs' remark about Yvonne being killed with poison as a scumtell.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:03 am

Post by ting =) »

Yeah, thanks for modding Qman. =)

Good job fiding the sk Michel. I really didn't think skruffs was an sk. To be able to find an sk out of twelve players.. whoa.

To be honest, I came very close to voting ger again. I didn't have any logical proof of BM scum in the end, it was more a gut thing. I was banging my head on the screen when I clicked submit. I'm just relieved it turned out well.

*dances a victory jig with ger.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:22 am

Post by geraintm »

sorry ting i wasn't more persuasive. it was pretty hard to prove to you BM was scum when it really was a case of "he's guilty cause i am innocent"
what were your reasons for voting me at the end though?

yeah, and sorry mod for this dragging on for so long
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:50 am

Post by ting =) »

For voting you or BM? My reasons for voting you was BM bussing Shaka. That and the whole not attacking thing I guess. I suppose it really is just your play style though. I'll keep it in mind if we ever play again.

I changed to BM in the end because... I don't know. I just couldn't see your voting for BM after I voted you as coming from scum I guess. It's wifom, but.. yeah. Just a gut thing I suppose. I really had no logical reason to choose BM over you.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:55 am

Post by geraintm »

yeah, BM outplayed us, and should have won
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:13 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Wooooo! :D

Although, I can't believe you guys lynched TSPN after Lowell/Shaka came up scum (after he spent all of Day 2 trying to get us to lynch Lowell)... I thought that was going to lose the game for town! :/
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:23 am

Post by ting =) »

@ger.
We're only outplayed if we actually lost. But yes, BM scum is scary. He never even
looked
scummy at any point in the game.

@zeek.
Yeah, I was banging myself up over that. =(
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:41 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Good job guys. Pity I didn't get more in this game.

That said, Petunho and BM had me completely fooled
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:57 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

You guys should have looked back at the voting record I posted (way back on Day 2).

It showed that Petunho was just bandwagoning everyone - and all the people he voted for were dead by the last day, so you knew all their roles and that they were all "not-mafia" (he went after Skruffs too). That coulda made the choice easier, but you still got it. (Good job)

I felt I played this one good. When I died I had identified Michel, geraintm, and soupfly as town - Skruffs and Shaka as scum and either ting/BM/OGML/TSPN as the last scum (and could have narrowed it down and figured it out as the game went on - I did PM TSPN when the last day started and told him BM was the last scum).

I would have probably had it narrowed down further except OGML, who hadn't attacked me all day, just decided to jump on my bandwagon when people were starting to vote for Shaka instead - so I saw that as a major scum move... and I was only suspicious of TSPN because he kept defending scummy Skruffs all day for no reason... but once Shaka came up mafia (and Skruffs as "not mafia") that would have ended any suspicion of TSPN for me.

Speaking of that, I cannot understand the thinking Shaka had when he came into the game though... Seriously - he came into the game with a bandwagon against Skruffs, who he knew was not his scum buddy. His predecessor had already voted for Skruffs AND he was under relatively little suspicion (no one other than TSPN was really looking at him at that point). So instead of keeping his vote on Skruffs and keeping his head down, he comes in and makes all this noise to get me lynched, even though he KNEW I would come up town, and he had to have known that once I did, the town would go after him next (which they did). I mean, I could understand the move if Skruffs was mafia, but he wasn't - and then shaka killed Skruffs at night anyways, so what was the point? Why not just lynch him during the day and not make yourself look so suspicious? Doesn't make any sense to me.
Tigers ate my signature.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:22 am

Post by FaerieLord »

@Zeek. Just to let you know. I didn't find Shanba suspicious because he attacked you. I found him suspicious for having a blindfold from the rest of the game. Had he played the same with his attack against skruffs, I'd have still voted for him.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:21 am

Post by Qman »

MichelSableheart wrote:Great game everyone, even though it did drag quite a bit in the end.

Qman, thanks for modding! A couple of questions I had:
  • Was there a reason why, in case the SK and the mafia targeted the same person for the nightkill, the modus operandi of the SK was shown as being the cause of death? This could have informed the town of the presence of an SK even though there was only a single kill that night. The SK is already weaker then the mafia, outing him when you don't have to seems a bad decission to me.
  • The doctor is only informed of being paranoid after the cop has been nightkilled. Why does this informing happen at the beginning of the next night, rather then the day immediately after the nightkill?
  • The role update pm you sent me strongly implied that I only became paranoid after the cop died, rather then that I had been paranoid all along. Was this intentional?
I must say that Petunho/Battlemage played very well. I definately did not target BM night 2 in order to block him, and I doubt I would have made the decission Ting made.

I did consider blocking Skruffs night 2. Ultimately I didn't, because I had hinted that I was going to protect BM at the end of day 2, when I didn't know I was paranoid.

Guess I was right when I spotted Skruffs' remark about Yvonne being killed with poison as a scumtell.
1.) Sensfan sent the kill in first.
2.) Honestly, I didn't think about sending it that Day. My bad, lesson to be learned for next time, I guess. This was my first game to mod.
3.) Yes. Generally Paranoid doc's don't know they are, and I didn't want you to know it was always in effect, just that from then on, you would know about it. (Basiclly it was set up to prevent a cop claim doc protect, and once the cop got NK'd that didn't matter.)
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:32 am

Post by Qman »

I'll post my full thoughts on this one later, but a couple more quick notes.

From the PM's BM sent me, I'm almost 100% sure that the Poison method of death had zero to do with Skruffs getting NK'd, as soon as BM got his role PM he told me "oh boy, scum with skruffs in a game" and pretty much telegraphed that NK from the start to me. Bad luck there with Skruffs. N2 was amusing to me, because there easily could have been no kills that night if Michael had jailed Skruffs, and the mafia had targeted Skruffs.
The confusion that would have been caused would be fun, for me at least.

BM can confirm or deny the above belief about Skruffs being on the chopping block from the start, but I think Skruffs got screwed by the luck monster.

Any thoughts on the setup by the way? I welcome all feedback even though I've run it by others pre-game, the players thoughts post game are more than welcome.

7 Townie
1 Miller
2 Mafia
1 SK
1 Jailkeeper

It's a 7/5 Powerrole split, which seems a little high to me. But with the Miller...
Last edited by Qman on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Skruffs »

I thought Michel was the scum. HE was too ornery in how he played. Nice catch though, this was my first game as an SK and I guess I didn't play very well.

I knew something was up with BM when he refused to complete his analysis of the game after I Replaced in... he knows I can read him, I figured he was stalling to avoid getting attention. I told the mod that the scum were probably shaka and BM. :P
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:24 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Shaka was an easy catch, I'll be honest. BM wasn't easy to me. Maybe because I couldn't meta him.

@Qman. It was really balanced IMO. Just see the end game. It was a close one for both sides
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:25 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

BM played good. . . I wanted petunho dead, and he somehow talked his way out of it.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Qman »

Skruffs wrote:I thought Michel was the scum. HE was too ornery in how he played. Nice catch though, this was my first game as an SK and I guess I didn't play very well.

I knew something was up with BM when he refused to complete his analysis of the game after I Replaced in... he knows I can read him, I figured he was stalling to avoid getting attention. I told the mod that the scum were probably shaka and BM. :P
True. You had a third person in the list but I forget who it was offhand.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:43 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Woo go town!

You guys have no idea how mad I was when you lynched TSPN. No idea.

I liked the setup a lot Q. This has got to be some record for length of a mini normal though. :)
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:49 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

An a related note, after getting nightkilled I was pretty positive it had to be BM and not ting. Lot of good that did, having been nightkilled and everything.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Skruffs »

FaerieLord wrote:Shaka was an easy catch, I'll be honest. BM wasn't easy to me. Maybe because I couldn't meta him.

@Qman. It was really balanced IMO. Just see the end game. It was a close one for both sides
Well when BM isn't "easy", it means he's scum. The better he plays the more likely h's scum. That's his meta.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Funny thing, Qman: If I had protected/blocked Skruffs, things would probably have turned out the same, with a bit more info on the town. Skruffs lynched followed by a single nightkill is what logically follows there, at least in my opinion.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by geraintm »

i feel so sad you all saying "was obv it was X"
i didnt have a clue. but i;'m like that inmost of my games, very slow to place votes

game seemed balanced to me, even with the cop going so quickly
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:57 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

OhGodMyLife wrote:An a related note, after getting nightkilled I was pretty positive it had to be BM and not ting. Lot of good that did, having been nightkilled and everything.
lol course you were. :roll:

And yeh Qman is right about Skruffs. When i replaced in, i'd just concluded a couple of games with him, and he'd come up with this strategy to nail me as scum. I knew that eventually he'd tunnel-vision me- however i behaved, so there was no choice but to kill him at the first available opportunity.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”