Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:37 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 123, Carl Tuckerson wrote:triggered.

UNVOTE: emps
VOTE: PURGE
What does this even mean
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:39 am

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

In post 124, Oversoul wrote:I think objectively we should still vote for people because potentially hitting a goon is still better than not even attempting to hit a goon. Even if we hit a random townie, it is still better for town because I’m average people are wrong with their reads anyway.
Why is it better to take away town night actions than not? That's my hangup.

p.edit: I think I want everyone to have their night actions. I can be talked down from that but I want info and we don't get it by stranding people.
"my way is honoring the 4th is do a rebel run light as many fireworks as i can get drunk and stone and say think god im a american at least i know im free" - cyrus62
"omg you killed carl you basterds" - cyrus62
GTKAS
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:44 am

Post by Delta Klim »

Even if we do vote for scum, it only matters for two of the three.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Oversoul »

Because the person we are going to strand is a person we already do not trust, so it doesn’t matter if they die and it definitely matters that they do not shoot. I agree if we are just choosing randomly that isn’t good, but we aren’t.

We could very much lose Day 1. Stranding someone makes that chance less, regardless of alignment.
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Delta Klim »

How, exactly, are you saying that we could lose Day 1? Is it that the Mafia will take out two members of the town? In that case, I think that is more of an inevitability than anything else.
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Delta Klim »

Either the Mafia coordinate a second kill or some random Townie gets trigger-happy and the Mafia kill them.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:55 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 129, Delta Klim wrote:How, exactly, are you saying that we could lose Day 1? Is it that the Mafia will take out two members of the town? In that case, I think that is more of an inevitability than anything else.
If townies shoot, we lose a huge % of people right off the bat.

If I recall correctly, the last Purge game ended on something like D2 or D3.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:56 am

If most* townies shoot... *
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Delta Klim »

Yes, but that is assuming the Town plays poorly. Few of us should have a reason to shoot Night 1 beyond killing who we vote to strand.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:58 am

In post 128, Oversoul wrote:Because the person we are going to strand is a person we already do not trust, so it doesn’t matter if they die and it definitely matters that they do not shoot. I agree if we are just choosing randomly that isn’t good, but we aren’t.
Agreed. I think stranding is worth it.

While I'm not yet certain of the numbers, I think it's also good to assign a small group with the task of either killing the stranded person or barricading.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:59 am

In post 133, Delta Klim wrote:Yes, but that is assuming the Town plays poorly. Few of us should have a reason to shoot Night 1 beyond killing who we vote to strand.
You asked how we could lose D1. I told you.

My point about last game was to demonstrate the possibility of a bunch of town dying on N1.
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

Got cockblocked by the site
In post 128, Oversoul wrote:Because the person we are going to strand is a person we already do not trust, so it doesn’t matter if they die and it definitely matters that they do not shoot. I agree if we are just choosing randomly that isn’t good, but we aren’t.

We could very much lose Day 1. Stranding someone makes that chance less, regardless of alignment.
I agree with the trust bit, and I think it would be constructive to have people place votes and reads as if we were lynching.
However, I'd expect someone who would otherwise be stranded, but is given a chance not to be stranded, would almost always choose to barricade, because some number of the people who failed to strand them
will
come after them. If that would-be stranded is town then in theory I think we're reducing our risk of losing night 1 (or subsequent nights). Stranding someone guarantees that the mafia can kill them if nothing else (although it's not clear to me that they'd actually take them up on the offer).

I like your first argument though, and in any case we have a lot of time to figure it out.
"my way is honoring the 4th is do a rebel run light as many fireworks as i can get drunk and stone and say think god im a american at least i know im free" - cyrus62
"omg you killed carl you basterds" - cyrus62
GTKAS
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Egduf »

I think we should strand today, we can essentially treat it like a lynch if we need to by shooting the stranded player, and whoever said we have less chance of losing after stranding is right. Revealing honestly what we did day two is definitely a good idea, but I don’t think making a plan of who will shoot who in groups is a good idea as it just gives mafia something to exploit.
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Delta Klim »

In post 135, EspressoPatronum wrote:You asked how we could lose D1. I told you.

My point about last game was to demonstrate the possibility of a bunch of town dying on N1.
Yes, but I do not believe that to be the problem if we play competently.

On Night 1, almost no Townie should be confident enough in their reads to attempt a kill on anyone who isn't stranded. The Mafia will of course take either a kill and 2 barricades or 2 kills, and the Masons might decide to team up for a kill, but it's a bad idea for anyone else to shoot at someone who may be barricading. The only way we lose 4 townies is if the Goons both risk their lives on a kill, the Masons decide to kill and guess wrong, and a townie is stranded and killed. Otherwise we are still losing a few regardless of what we choose to do.

I acknowledge that this game is unwinnable if we simply stay cautious and never shoot, but there is no need to do so immediately.
Most Serene
Most Serene
Goon
Most Serene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:09 am

Post by Most Serene »

I ain't never won a game by being timid

-k
Sleeping on the beach takes seconds, achieving enlightenment takes a lifetime.
Most Serene
Most Serene
Goon
Most Serene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Most Serene »

In post 69, TiphaineDeath wrote:VOTE: Serene

post#48 is contradictory and must be purged
You think the hydra dissonance is bad now, just wait till the heads start scum reading each other

-k
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: TiphaineDeath
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Tet »

In post 137, Egduf wrote:I think we should strand today, we can essentially treat it like a lynch if we need to by shooting the stranded player, and whoever said we have less chance of losing after stranding is right. Revealing honestly what we did day two is definitely a good idea, but I don’t think making a plan of who will shoot who in groups is a good idea as it just gives mafia something to exploit.
Gonna reread the setup, is voting plurality based and we always hit deadline?
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Delta Klim »

It is plurality, but majority ends the day as usual.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Tet »

7 for majority and plurality if majority isn't reached.

Don't think we need to deprive anyone of the ability to barricade but I'm not sure it's preventable with plurality.
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Delta Klim »

@Mod:
Can No Lynch win a vote by plurality?
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:57 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

No lynch seems silly, even in this format. Just need to have a couple (3-4?) townies say they will flip a coin as to whether to shoot our (lynch) or whether to barricade.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:11 am

Post by Delta Klim »

In post 146, TiphaineDeath wrote:No lynch seems silly, even in this format. Just need to have a couple (3-4?) townies say they will flip a coin as to whether to shoot our (lynch) or whether to barricade.
If it is 4 townies shooting half of the time, it is a 94% chance of the kill with, on average, 1 of the set of 4 wasting their action and being left exposed to be taken out by a single member of the Mafia.

If it is 7 townies shooting one-third of the time, it is again a 94% chance of the kill with only one wasted action, though it's from a larger group so the Mafia have a lower chance at a cheap kill.

This is not accounting for the chance that townies will lie about their actions to mislead the Mafia, of course. It's just a basic model and should not be taken as gospel.
Most Serene
Most Serene
Goon
Most Serene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:30 am

Post by Most Serene »

In post 146, TiphaineDeath wrote:No lynch seems silly, even in this format. Just need to have a couple (3-4?) townies say they will flip a coin as to whether to shoot our (lynch) or whether to barricade.

Pretty sure flipping a coin, or at least "provable randomness" is considered out of game influence and barred by site rules

-k
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:40 am

Post by Delta Klim »

In post 148, Most Serene wrote:Pretty sure flipping a coin, or at least "provable randomness" is considered out of game influence and barred by site rules
It is not provable. Anyone can lie about the result of their coin flip or dice roll.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”