Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

dcorbe wrote:Wow, OMGUS much?

FoS: q21 for expecting anyone to take anything seriously at this point in the game.
Where did you get the idea he was being serious? O.o
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Cephrir »

Unvote, Vote roflcopter
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

FoWhatIsWrongWithYou: dcorbe
because I think it's pretty obvious that EA is not breadcrumbing, and exiting the random voting stage is not anti-scumhunting. Your posts are really weird and you take everything seriously, what's with that?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

I've made the same slip-up as scum. This is a good wagon.

Unvote, Vote EA

dcorbe's behavior still strikes me as odd.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

q21 wrote:One of the main reasons the EA wagon (which you Cephrir approves of) being where it is, is due to the pushing of dcorbe... but he doesn't like dcorbe's behaviour?
Just because I think he's behaving oddly doesn't mean I can't agree with him on one point.

I need to go over all this stuff later, this game is going really quickly.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Cephrir »

This post contains responses to a lot of things, including some things that are all the way back on page 2, because this game has been going so fast I didn't have time to answer said things at the time.
dcorbe wrote:The votes right now are pretty much random, but this this sounds like you're breadcrumming about your involvement with others.

Unvote Vote: Erratus Apathos
You obviously don't understand what breadcrumbing is.
dcorbe wrote:EBWOP because my quote tags came out messed up
massive wrote:I'm not sure I get how Erratus's post could be construed as "breadcrumming" (sic) ... mind explaining that one?
I'm just trying to get a pressure wagon going on someone so we can do as you suggested below, rather than simply saying "we should move past the random voting stage now" and doing nothing about it. You've basically just ensured that no wagon will form.
massive wrote:And I also think we can probably move past the "random voting" since we're on page three.
FoS: Massive
for being anti-scumhunting
As I mentioned, this post is weird. What massive said was not the least bit "anti-scumhunting".
dcorbe wrote:What's wrong with taking anything seriously? You can take something seriously and still have fun with it. I'd be concerned about anyone who is able to coast through a game without making a serious attempt at scum hunting. It's in the town's best interests to take a few things seriously and it's in the scum's best interests not to.
It's just that you take
everything
so seriously. The other game we're both in is indicating to me that it's a playstyle thing, but it is nonetheless weird.

dcorbe's q21 vote is OMGUSy and not particularly well-founded. His EA vote was actually based on a tell, not an "anti-scumhunting attitude", even if EA's "slip-up" isn't the greatest tell ever.

roflcopter's post 80, except for the part about me, is 100% correct. EA's reaction is becoming a lot more revealing than the tell itself. EA is getting really pissed off about this, which I know is a tell for me. I realize I'm sort-of going back on my initial reason for voting EA here, but events today have made me think this tell isn't all that reliable.
EA wrote:And if I've done something that supposedly 100% of people who do are scum, then why in the hell would you be uncomfortable putting me at L-whatever? If town Kuribo was really 100% certain I was scum, he'd have no reason not to vote me even if he was hammering. And it's not even relevant how close I am to lynch, since when you first brought up your allegedly 100% scumtell I wasn't anywhere near lynch.
This is silliness. He's not 100% sure, obviously.
dcorbe wrote:If he were lynched right now and flipped town it would likely be scum hammering
That's a dangerous assumption. Scum might not be so reckless.

I think I like my vote where it is, and this EA/kuribo thing is providing a lot of information. Please, continue.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

dcorbe wrote:I do understand what bredcrumbing is. In the context of mafia it means to hint at your role or alignment. Is that not what he's doing?
Well yeah, but you wouldn't breadcrumb being scum.
So would you not find it suspicious if two more people were to hop on the wagon right now? If scum wouldn't be that careless then he's in no danger of being lynched, now is he? What reason would a townie have to hammer him so early in the game?
Well yeah, it'd be suspicious, but survival is more important to scum thanit is to town, and any halfway decent player knows an early hammer will be suspicious. It depends on the situation, really. In many cases what you said is a fine policy, others not so much.
The rest of your post seems to be attacking me for wagoning someone. You've admitted that his wagon is producing useful information in some respect, at least with is interaction with kurbio anyways.
Not attacking, just questioning. OMGUS doesn't have to be baseless, hence the -y at the end. Your suspicions are magnified by the fact that he's attacking you, IMO, bcause I see far more merit in an EA vote ATM and can't see why you'd switch over something that, in my mind, wasn't a big deal. As to the wagon producing useful info- fair enough.
It's quite "anti-scumhunting" to sit there and preach about how I'm wagoning baselessly and then proclaim that it's time to "move past the "random voting" since we're on page three." offering NOTHING to help further that cause.
He's not being
against
scumhunting, he's just
not
. Nonetheless, I get what you meant now.

Also, contrary to how this post appears, I don't think you're scum.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Cephrir »

EA wrote:You've been making these two points against me all day: One, that all people who assume three scum are always scum, and two, that I assumed three scum. How in the hell can you claim those two points to be true without also concluding that I am 100% scum? What other possible conclusion can you derive from those two points?
Stop being intentionally dense.
And to any townie giving so much as a modicum of serious thought to the "anger = scumtell" non-logic, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY MAFIA. Of god damn course I'm upset at the prospect of my lynch! My lynch decreases my chances of winning, re****inggardless of my role!
Yes, but scum are likely to get pissy if they get caught for reasons they think are stupid. And sometimes those reasons
are
stupid. I know, I've done it.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

Wow, that is incredibly immature of you, EA.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

It's tempting. If only he could claim somehow.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

Lowell, you said a lot of what I was going to. Except I was going to specifically point out this.
Empking wrote:I find it hard to believe that you'd ask to be replaced just because you can't swear. I still think Dcorbe is more likely and that the original argument was terrible, absolutely terrible, but he quickly rose on my scumdar.
This on Page 5. Basically everyone was on Erratus or against him at this point, Empking I think definitely went too far with it.

Vote Empking

Also, Lowell, why does that make CC09 town? Agree about rofl of course. dcorbe would have had to have been doing some ridiculous bussing that could have gotten himself lynched. But that might also have caused some of EA's frustration.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, and I guess there are probably two mafia left, hehe.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

q21 wrote:
Cephrir wrote: Also, Lowell, why does that make CC09 town? Agree about rofl of course. dcorbe would have had to have been doing some ridiculous bussing that could have gotten himself lynched. But that might also have caused some of EA's frustration.
Because if the mod is unlikely to claim for EA she's even less likely to fake claim for for him... If CC09 were scum he'd know where the mod claiming would lead and would never have asked that.
Ah, I guess.
Empking wrote:Cephir, I don't understand your point. Sorry.
Basically, you defended a scum, who was acting pretty scummy, by going after his attacker.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

First off, your first Cybele quote is actually from me. Secondly, I don't really agree. You're basing both of your top two suspects almost entirely on interactions with you. What you said about Cybele especially... everything you say about him, you label him as scum and then say why, as scum, he is doing what he's doing, while it's entirely reasonable for a townie to do the same. I believe I expressed my concerns with your q21 suspicions yesterday. Having an argument with you =! attempting to derail a wagon. You're just deciding that they have scummy motives for no real reason.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

dcorbe:_Your_first_point_in_155_is_invalid_because_it_refers_to_a_quote_which_I_pointed_out_was_not_from_Cybele.
Lurking_is_not_a_scumtell,_and_massive_has_a_point_about_the_hammer.__I_think_there_are_definitely_better_targets.
You_did_not_acknowledge_what_I_said_about_your_post's_assumption_that_your_targets_are_scum.

Apologies_for_the_underscores_=/
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

q21_wins_the_argument_IMO_but_I_prefer_my_vote_for_the_time_being.__dcorbe_appears_to_somewhat_be_flailing.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Cephrir »

Gah.
Unvote
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

Empking wrote:"get Empking to claim despite the fact that the Doc decided to get himself killed"
you
do
realize that not even the scum would have known what you would claim , right? (Hypothetically assuming he's telling the truth)
q21 wrote:but your last few posts (all of your posts on this page) make very little sense.
This.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

kuribo wrote:
Empking wrote:I know why I'm making them. Because your side is lying to try and get me lynched and I don't feel they should be uncontested.
Empking wrote:You know I meant the "get Empking to claim despite the fact that the Doc decided to get himself killed" side

I'm not taking it personally at all. But I'm sure not wanting you and your scum buddies to get away with lies is reason enough for you to pretend I'm just taking it to personal.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

1) The quotes are the answer to your question! Holy crap!

2) You repeatedly made the assertion that scum were trying to get you to claim......
You know I meant the "get Empking to claim despite the fact that the Doc decided to get himself killed" side
I don't think this is very difficult, Empking.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Cephrir »

I thought q21 was mostly right in his exchange with dcorbe. But I suppose it's not his points that matter so much as the fact that he was chainsaw-defending EA, if I read that correctly. I'm not entirely convinced on that one, but it does look better than the kuribo wagon, which doesn't make much sense. massive, any comments about the Empking wagon? You kinda ignored it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

The q21 wagon is laaaame.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

roflcopter wrote:you seem to be trying to undermine a wagon without actually presenting any evidence whatsoever that its not perfectly justified.
Cephrir wrote:I thought q21 was mostly right in his exchange with dcorbe. But I suppose it's not his points that matter so much as the fact that he was chainsaw-defending EA, if I read that correctly. I'm not entirely convinced on that one, but it does look better than the kuribo wagon, which doesn't make much sense.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:07 am

Post by Cephrir »

roflcopter wrote:ok, what i see here is you saying that you think it looks better than the kuribo wagon, then turning around and calling it "laaaame" and still not presenting any kind of alternative to these two wagons you don't like.

you disagree with everything going on, but don't have your own opinion to put forward. it looks to me like you're scum and one of two things is happening:

A) your scumbuddy is on the chopping block and you don't want to help lynch him
B) you know we're on the road to lynching town, and want the brownie points that come with having been opposed to a townie lynch.
Or... I just don't like either of the two wagons going right now? I opposethe q21 wagon because I don't think the reasons for lynching him are very good. It's basically just the chainsaw-defense thing, but I think he's as likely to have done that as town because his arguments against dcorbe made sense.

Nonetheless- q21, your buddying up is noted :wink:
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

roflcopter wrote:@cephrir: the crux of the point i just made against you is that you're sitting on the sidelines doing nothing, which is what you're still doing, and which is exactly what i would expect the scum to be doing in this situation. you also just threw more crap on q, but again without dirtying your hands with something like a vote.
The main point of my post was actually to defend q21, I just said one thing at the end that might be construed otherwise, which was sort of a joke. It's not that I don't want to vote, it's that I want to vote for someone other than q21 and kuribo, and I don't know who. I'm not sitting on the sidelines at all, at this point I think it's pretty clear that I'm against the q21 wagon. I just had an idea of a possibility of who the vote for, but I need time that I don't have at the moment to reread that player, so yeah.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

I was going to reread both massive and you, actually.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

If kuribo is really mafia and Empking is really a Cop, I will cry my eyes out. I'm not going to bother with that reread thing yet if kuribo is going to admit to being scum, although I honestly don't believe him. I will say that I'm noticing massive repeatedly ignoring the fact that Empking's arguments are absolutely retarded and continuing to push the kuribo wagon like it never happened....

This is awkward.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:21 am

Post by Cephrir »

I can't believe that just happened. He'd better be scum.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, and nice premature hammer Lowell.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #30) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, come on,
again
?

Go town.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (isolation #31) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

I think I would have posted a case aginst massive D3. rofl I don't think I would have caught, but then again I stopped paying much attention not too long after I died.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh yeah, I don't think I ever said, that kuribo lynch was completely retarded.
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”