massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:26 am

Post by massive »

I don't necessarily think dcorbe is scum, I just think he's scummier than q21. I think I exhausted all my dcorbe thoughts at the beginning of the day, in particular [159]. That post not only contains what I thought was scummy about dcorbe's actions, but also the reason I don't think he's scum.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:38 am

Post by kuribo »

massive wrote:I don't necessarily think dcorbe is scum, I just think he's scummier than q21. I think I exhausted all my dcorbe thoughts at the beginning of the day, in particular [159]. That post not only contains what I thought was scummy about dcorbe's actions, but also the reason I don't think he's scum.
See, the main reason I don't think he's scum is because the uncounterclaimed cop said he's not. If it later turns out that Empking is lying, I'm perfectly willing to revisit the issue.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:47 am

Post by roflcopter »

kuribo wrote:
massive wrote:I don't necessarily think dcorbe is scum, I just think he's scummier than q21. I think I exhausted all my dcorbe thoughts at the beginning of the day, in particular [159]. That post not only contains what I thought was scummy about dcorbe's actions, but also the reason I don't think he's scum.
See, the main reason I don't think he's scum is because the uncounterclaimed cop said he's not. If it later turns out that Empking is lying, I'm perfectly willing to revisit the issue.
qft. neither empking nor dcorbe are legitimate choices today.
Cephrir wrote:The q21 wagon is laaaame.
oh? why's that? you seem to be trying to undermine a wagon without actually presenting any evidence whatsoever that its not perfectly justified.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

roflcopter wrote:you seem to be trying to undermine a wagon without actually presenting any evidence whatsoever that its not perfectly justified.
Cephrir wrote:I thought q21 was mostly right in his exchange with dcorbe. But I suppose it's not his points that matter so much as the fact that he was chainsaw-defending EA, if I read that correctly. I'm not entirely convinced on that one, but it does look better than the kuribo wagon, which doesn't make much sense.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:07 am

Post by massive »

I only find "uncounterclaimed cop" as an indicator of empking's innocence. I believe that his stated result is the result he got. Doesn't change the fact that (a) dcorbe acted scummy on Day One or (b) that my thought process, occurring before empking's Big Reveal, was inaccurate either. But thanks for making it look like I don't believe the cop.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:13 am

Post by roflcopter »

ok, what i see here is you saying that you think it looks better than the kuribo wagon, then turning around and calling it "laaaame" and still not presenting any kind of alternative to these two wagons you don't like.

you disagree with everything going on, but don't have your own opinion to put forward. it looks to me like you're scum and one of two things is happening:

A) your scumbuddy is on the chopping block and you don't want to help lynch him
B) you know we're on the road to lynching town, and want the brownie points that come with having been opposed to a townie lynch.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by kuribo »

massive wrote:I only find "uncounterclaimed cop" as an indicator of empking's innocence. I believe that his stated result is the result he got. Doesn't change the fact that (a) dcorbe acted scummy on Day One or (b) that my thought process, occurring before empking's Big Reveal, was inaccurate either. But thanks for making it look like I don't believe the cop.
But that's exactly what it sounds like. Cop sanity isn't nearly as huge a consideration in a mini as it would be in a larger game.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by q21 »

@roflcopter

I like the way you leave yourself room to accuse Cephrir regardless or whether I'm innocent or guilty. Is it not possible that he's simply a townie pointing out something he doesn't agree with?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:07 am

Post by Cephrir »

roflcopter wrote:ok, what i see here is you saying that you think it looks better than the kuribo wagon, then turning around and calling it "laaaame" and still not presenting any kind of alternative to these two wagons you don't like.

you disagree with everything going on, but don't have your own opinion to put forward. it looks to me like you're scum and one of two things is happening:

A) your scumbuddy is on the chopping block and you don't want to help lynch him
B) you know we're on the road to lynching town, and want the brownie points that come with having been opposed to a townie lynch.
Or... I just don't like either of the two wagons going right now? I opposethe q21 wagon because I don't think the reasons for lynching him are very good. It's basically just the chainsaw-defense thing, but I think he's as likely to have done that as town because his arguments against dcorbe made sense.

Nonetheless- q21, your buddying up is noted :wink:
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:13 am

Post by q21 »

Buddying up? You could be scum for all I know - I just don't like the way he doesn't even mention the possibility that your town.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:17 am

Post by q21 »

Apologies for the double post.

roflcopter - Was my attack on dcorbe irrational, uncalled for or invalid? If so, how?

If the answer is yes then you have a case for your "chainsaw defense" if not (as is the case) then your case is worthless.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:38 am

Post by roflcopter »

@q21: the case was not irrational or invalid. i think it may have been uncalled for, because i thought erratus was making himself pretty obvious with how upset he was getting over being caught for something he must have considered to be a stupid reason. however, something doesn't have to be irrational or invalid to be coming from scum. the scum are equally capable of putting together strong and well reasoned arguments, and i even agree that, looking back at it, you came out of the exchange with dcorbe looking
smarter
, but still more scummy because of who you were defending and who you were attacking. a strong and well reasoned argument from scum is harder to catch, but the
motivation
for it can still give it away. you were trying to derail the erratus wagon and put the heat on his primary aggressor, dcorbe.

@cephrir: the crux of the point i just made against you is that you're sitting on the sidelines doing nothing, which is what you're still doing, and which is exactly what i would expect the scum to be doing in this situation. you also just threw more crap on q, but again without dirtying your hands with something like a vote.
soi soi soi

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:18 am

Post by Empking »

Reading Roflcopter's last post I don't think he's scum but I wouldn't want a q21 lynch.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:26 am

Post by q21 »

roflcopter wrote:@q21: the case was not irrational or invalid. i think it may have been uncalled for, because i thought erratus was making himself pretty obvious with how upset he was getting over being caught for something he must have considered to be a stupid reason. however, something doesn't have to be irrational or invalid to be coming from scum. the scum are equally capable of putting together strong and well reasoned arguments, and i even agree that, looking back at it, you came out of the exchange with dcorbe looking
smarter
, but still more scummy because of who you were defending and who you were attacking. a strong and well reasoned argument from scum is harder to catch, but the
motivation
for it can still give it away. you were trying to derail the erratus wagon and put the heat on his primary aggressor, dcorbe.
If pointing out what I though was scummy is uncalled for then so be it.

You agree that it was neither irrational nor invalid so basically your case comes down to WIFOM. The fact that EA turned out to be scum does strengthen it, but it is still essentially WIFOM that you have grabbed onto the wrong end of.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

roflcopter wrote:@cephrir: the crux of the point i just made against you is that you're sitting on the sidelines doing nothing, which is what you're still doing, and which is exactly what i would expect the scum to be doing in this situation. you also just threw more crap on q, but again without dirtying your hands with something like a vote.
The main point of my post was actually to defend q21, I just said one thing at the end that might be construed otherwise, which was sort of a joke. It's not that I don't want to vote, it's that I want to vote for someone other than q21 and kuribo, and I don't know who. I'm not sitting on the sidelines at all, at this point I think it's pretty clear that I'm against the q21 wagon. I just had an idea of a possibility of who the vote for, but I need time that I don't have at the moment to reread that player, so yeah.
Bartleby the Scrivener
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

and which player are you wanting to look into ceph?
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

I was going to reread both massive and you, actually.
Bartleby the Scrivener
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Empking wrote:Reading Roflcopter's last post I don't think he's scum but I wouldn't want a q21 lynch.
who would you want to lynch? this day isn't going to go anywhere if all people do is naysay the wagon that is happening without providing alternatives.
Cephrir wrote:I was going to reread both massive and [coheed], actually.
i'm intrigued. tell me more.
soi soi soi

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by Empking »

I want a Kuribo lynch and all you have on q21 is that he thought dcorbe was more scummy tha EA.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:08 pm

Post by kuribo »

Empking wrote:I want a Kuribo lynch and all you have on q21 is that he thought dcorbe was more scummy tha EA.
And what exactly do you have on me?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:19 pm

Post by kuribo »

Empking wrote:I want a Kuribo lynch and all you have on q21 is that he thought dcorbe was more scummy tha EA.
Okay, so let's get this straight. Let's assume that EA and I were scum buddies. You would then also have to assume the following:

1) At a point in time when he had absolutely no heat on him, I pointed out a Freudian slip in which he revealed the number of his scum partners.

2) I continued to keep pressure up on him before anyone else was doing so instead of trying to... you know, get a townie lynched on Day 1.

3) I then proceeded to argue with him in a confrontational manner, forcing him into all sorts of expletives and anger until he finally asked to be replaced.

The "case" against me is stupid and the accusation of bussing is even stupider--- Bussing a scum partner that early day 1 would make absolutely no sense. Bussing him when he has no heat on him makes even less. Bussing him in such a confrontational, out in the open (ie, not quietly through voting) would be like Corky from Life Goes On.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:31 pm

Post by Empking »

1) I don't think you could've expected that that would lead to his lynch.

2) I don't think you could've expected his lynch.

3) I don't think you could've expected that.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:48 pm

Post by kuribo »

Empking wrote:1) I don't think you could've expected that that would lead to his lynch.

2) I don't think you could've expected his lynch.

3) I don't think you could've expected that.
I hope I never play another game with you again. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Of course I expected his lynch, THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF BUILDING A CASE AGAINST HIM.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:29 am

Post by Empking »

No it isn't.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:53 am

Post by kuribo »

Empking wrote:No it isn't.

Of course it is, what other point is there to building a case if you're not trying to get someone lynched?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”