Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Cream147 wrote:
goborage wrote:237: MAJOR FOS: iamausername Do you not know why peach being kidnapped would suck? Can't believe no one pointed this out.
I've read the post, and I don't quite get what on earth you're talking about. The post says how a massclaim would suck for the town because it would expose Princess Peach. That's how I read it anyway. Reread it, seriously, I think you need to.
I have the same read of that post as Cream147, goborage; not sure where you got that…

Mod edit:
Visible votecount:
Cream147 (7): armlx, Phoebus, Alabaska J, Gimbo, TheSweatpantsNinja, killa seven, sideney
FaerieLord (5): Surye, somestrangeflea, Rogue Shenanigans, mr. incrediball, iamausername
Rogue Shenanigans (2): skitzer, farside22
Alabaska J (1): populartajo
somestrangeflea (1): goborage

No lynch (1): malthusis

Not voting (7): andersonw, Pepsidude, Cream147, FaerieLord, Celebloki, DragonsofSummer, Riceballtail

With 24 alive it takes 13 real votes to lynch. Deadline: June 25th. At deadline, it takes 7 real votes to lynch.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by andersonw »

Will be V/LA from now until Sunday due to a piano competition, I have to leave now, so I promise I will post something then.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by iamausername »

Cream147 wrote:The post says how a massclaim would suck for the town because it would expose Princess Peach. That's how I read it anyway. Reread it, seriously, I think you need to.
Yeah.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by populartajo »

WARNING BIG POST.
Yey, analysis.
First was the Random stage.
First pages and Gimbo makes some crazy silly things.
Somestragenflea post 117. Jumps seriously against a probably easy silly target = Gimbo.
Cream post 118. Scummy as hell. Follows SSF in his attacks against Gimbo.
[quote=“Cream”]
somestrangeflea, I'm impressed that you've managed to read through all the rubbish and find some actual scummy quotes from Gimbo. You put forward a decent case for this stage of the game which is why I Vote: Gimbo. [/quote]
Phoebus, post 119, is probably town. Decent reason for voting Cream.
SSF post 124. Keeping the attack against Gimbo.
Neutral about Farside, post 125. Relaxed and pacifist tone.
Armlx, post 126, is probably town. Joins Cream’s wagon again for a decent reason.
(Note : If Cream comes up innocent we should reevaluate the last four lignes)
Neutral about Celeboki, post 133. Pacifist tone
Sideney, post 134, joins Cream wagon. At this point of the wagon all the reasons are repetitions of the previous ones.
Cream, post 135, blatant backtrack.
[quote=“TSN”]
Ok...admittedly I didn't check that. I will Unvote for now...but Gimbo, you are annoying me a lot. [/quote]
TSN, post 137, gives one coin to armlx. Let’s see his explanation.
[quote=“TSN”]
You again. I don't. But if he doesn't use it on gimbo, which is what I want to happen, then I'll go after him tomorrow. [/quote]
Sideney, post 138, jumps against TSN. No reason. Scummy as hell.
Gimbo, post 140, follows Sideney. For now he’s confirmed but this is scummy as hell.

Imausername, post 141, follows him with a decent reason.
TSN, post 145, makes an interesting reasoning.
[quote=“TSN”]
But while I do think gimbo needs to be vigged, I, while making a sandwich, started thinking that as a town, we could build a lot of cop-doc combinations. [/quote]
In fact I like his attempt to optimize our coins. He is probably not right most of the time but at least he tries.
Farside, post 152, jumps against him with so-so reasoning.
SSF, post 156, IGMEOYs TSN. Jumping subtly in a silly bandwagon.
Next posts are comments about TSN coin-pooling suggestion. Farside seems specially aggressive against this proposition.
Gimbo, post 189, his big revelation : the 1up mushroom. This probably confirms him as A NECROMANCER ROLE. I still don’t get why a Toad would have a revival ability. I would have expected another name but whatever, his claim seems believable and too risky and easy to prove to be scum motivated.
Farside, post 219, gives a mushroom to Gimbo. Then she votes for me for suspecting that Gimbo didn’t have a Toad role. She arrives to this conclusion.
[quote=“Farside”]
IE everyone looks like a Toad, but not everyone is a toad. [/quote]
I still don’t get why she voted for me. Does she probably look like a Toad but isn’t one?
After that Gimbo realizes that he has fucked himself up and that he cant hold two items.
Farside, post 252 jump against Surye who proposes a decent way to prove Gimbo’s claim.
Sideney, post 269, follows Farside in this dumb reasoning.
All that follows is some nice reasoning about the 1UP Mushroom. Surye confirms that Gimbo has the 1UP mushroom. Farside is still paranoic about that exchange.
FaerieLord, post 324, still against coinpooling and defends Farside.
Mr.Incredibell, post 325, jumping against TSPN with soso reason.
The Cream-wagon starts. Surye tells us that the 1UP Mushroom has an abiility useful for scum.
Mr. Incrediball, post 354, unvotes. Wants more reasoning.
Rice, post 365, joins a TSN wagon started by Gimbo. Not agreeing with him. Poor reason.
Rogue, post 366, joins this wagon. Not agreeing with him. Poor reason.
Farside, post 387, last attempt to bring suspicion to TSN.
Rogue tells us that he bandwagoned TSN to get reactions and that he doesn’t see the case on cream.
Next posts are deciding between Cream, Rogue or Farside lynch.
Farside, page 19, shows us that she is probably good at maths. Cream is also good at maths.
Some replacements come in, town gets disorganized, all need a reread. The Cream wagon starts again.
Faerie Lord says that the town wants Cream dead and iamausername and Farside jump against him. Armxl joins later. Surye adds some spice.
SSF, Rogue and Mr.Incredibell jump conveniently in the wagon. I still don’t see the reason.
Rice votes No lynch. WTF?
Sideney votes Cream
Iamausername joins FL wagon.
Not too much to add. Goborage replaces and FoSes iamausername for a misread.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by populartajo »

You are going to hate me for this but my quotes didnt work.
Mod, can you delete the previous post?

Yey, analysis.
First was the Random stage.
First pages and Gimbo makes some crazy silly things.
Somestragenflea post 117. Jumps seriously against a probably easy silly target = Gimbo.
Cream post 118. Scummy as hell. Follows SSF in his attacks against Gimbo.
Cream wrote: somestrangeflea, I'm impressed that you've managed to read through all the rubbish and find some actual scummy quotes from Gimbo. You put forward a decent case for this stage of the game which is why I Vote: Gimbo.
Phoebus, post 119, is probably town. Decent reason for voting Cream.
SSF post 124. Keeping the attack against Gimbo.
Neutral about Farside, post 125. Relaxed and pacifist tone.
Armlx, post 126, is probably town. Joins Cream’s wagon again for a decent reason.
(Note : If Cream comes up innocent we should reevaluate the last four lignes)
Neutral about Celeboki, post 133. Pacifist tone
Sideney, post 134, joins Cream wagon. At this point of the wagon all the reasons are repetitions of the previous ones.
Cream, post 135, blatant backtrack.
TSN wrote: Ok...admittedly I didn't check that. I will Unvote for now...but Gimbo, you are annoying me a lot.
TSN, post 137, gives one coin to armlx. Let’s see his explanation.
TSN wrote: You again. I don't. But if he doesn't use it on gimbo, which is what I want to happen, then I'll go after him tomorrow.
Sideney, post 138, jumps against TSN. No reason. Scummy as hell.
Gimbo, post 140, follows Sideney. For now he’s confirmed but this is scummy as hell.
Imausername, post 141, follows him with a decent reason.
TSN, post 145, makes an interesting reasoning.
TSN wrote: But while I do think gimbo needs to be vigged, I, while making a sandwich, started thinking that as a town, we could build a lot of cop-doc combinations.
In fact I like his attempt to optimize our coins. He is probably not right most of the time but at least he tries.
Farside, post 152, jumps against him with so-so reasoning.
SSF, post 156, IGMEOYs TSN. Jumping subtly in a silly bandwagon.
Next posts are comments about TSN coin-pooling suggestion. Farside seems specially aggressive against this proposition.
Gimbo, post 189, his big revelation : the 1up mushroom. This probably confirms him as A NECROMANCER ROLE. I still don’t get why a Toad would have a revival ability. I would have expected another name but whatever, his claim seems believable and too risky and easy to prove to be scum motivated.
Farside, post 219, gives a mushroom to Gimbo. Then she votes for me for suspecting that Gimbo didn’t have a Toad role. She arrives to this conclusion.
Farside wrote: IE everyone looks like a Toad, but not everyone is a toad.
I still don’t get why she voted for me. Does she probably look like a Toad but isn’t one?
After that Gimbo realizes that he has fucked himself up and that he cant hold two items.
Farside, post 252 jump against Surye who proposes a decent way to prove Gimbo’s claim.
Sideney, post 269, follows Farside in this dumb reasoning.
All that follows is some nice reasoning about the 1UP Mushroom. Surye confirms that Gimbo has the 1UP mushroom. Farside is still paranoic about that exchange.
FaerieLord, post 324, still against coinpooling and defends Farside.
Mr.Incredibell, post 325, jumping against TSPN with soso reason.
The Cream-wagon starts. Surye tells us that the 1UP Mushroom has an abiility useful for scum.
Mr. Incrediball, post 354, unvotes. Wants more reasoning.
Rice, post 365, joins a TSN wagon started by Gimbo. Not agreeing with him. Poor reason.
Rogue, post 366, joins this wagon. Not agreeing with him. Poor reason.
Farside, post 387, last attempt to bring suspicion to TSN.
Rogue tells us that he bandwagoned TSN to get reactions and that he doesn’t see the case on cream.
Next posts are deciding between Cream, Rogue or Farside lynch.
Farside, page 19, shows us that she is probably good at maths. Cream is also good at maths.
Some replacements come in, town gets disorganized, all need a reread. The Cream wagon starts again.
Faerie Lord says that the town wants Cream dead and iamausername and Farside jump against him. Armxl joins later. Surye adds some spice.
SSF, Rogue and Mr.Incredibell jump conveniently in the wagon. I still don’t see the reason.
Rice votes No lynch. WTF?
Sideney votes Cream
Iamausername joins FL wagon.
Not too much to add. Goborage replaces and FoSes iamausername for a misread.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by populartajo »

CONCLUSION (for the people who dont like to read)
Decent lynches: Rogue, Cream,
Possible decent lynches : Farside, Sideney or Mr. Incrediball, SSF.
Prob townies: Gimbo, Armlx, Phoebus, populartajo. :)

Vote : Rogue

Im going to ask some questions.
Do you think Gimbo could be scum now that we know that the 1UP mushroom also has a scum ability?
What was the exact reasn for voting Faerie Lord?
iamausername, Farside, Armxl, Surye, SSF, Rogue and Mr.Incredibel
Call me Tajo.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by armlx »

No, I do NOT believe Gimbo could be scum. Like I said, 1 up as scum is basically useless till it is way too good, and also if the ability is what I assume it is that is borderline too good for scum.

The exact reason for FOS/voting FL was:
FaerieLord wrote:Cream, the town wants you dead. So no, it is not being opportunistic. It is following the town's lead. Which in this case is a null-tell
When cream was only around min votes for deadline lynch (1/2 normal lynch) and FL wasn't voting Cream.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by goborage »

Hmm I guess I'm alone on this. The entire debate about whether Peach was a game mechanic sounded odd to me. Now that I'm looking back it's Phoebus' post 234 that's setting off the bells. I'm reading the townie PM and I'm finding that post 234 doesn't sound like a post a player who read the town PM would make.

In 237 iamausername quite correctly points out rule 25, a rule which is prominent in the townie PM but is nestled away on the front page. The reason why I thought he was alarming at first was because he was involved in a debate which I thought had an obvious answer.

The theory I'm pushing is that Phoebus was not clear on the Peach situation because rule 25 was not featured prominently in his PM.

Only one way to check:

@ People with a townie PM: Did your PM ever suggest to you that Peach was anything but an actual player?
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by armlx »

@ People with a townie PM: Did your PM ever suggest to you that Peach was anything but an actual player?
No.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:15 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

ashmite84 replaces Pepsidude.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Hi all, will read up ASAP and post when I've caught up.
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:40 pm

Post by killa seven »

goborage wrote:The theory I'm pushing is that Phoebus was not clear on the Peach situation because rule 25 was not featured prominently in his PM.

Only one way to check:

Myabe im a lil drunk are you asking if our pms said peach was actual player?
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:14 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

populartajo wrote:Do you think Gimbo could be scum now that we know that the 1UP mushroom also has a scum ability?
My opinion of this has already been made quite clear.
populartajo wrote:What was the exact reasn for voting Faerie Lord?
I voted for FL for pretty much the same thing that armlx did. Also, deadline was/is approaching, and there wasn't a particularly strong alternative to the Cream-wagon. We needed to find one.

In other news...
FaerieLord wrote:Ehh, I rarely vote. See other games.
You haven't made a "non-random" vote all game. There's caution, but this is just a complete lack of commitment.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:54 am

Post by FaerieLord »

ssf wrote:You haven't made a "non-random" vote all game. There's caution, but this is just a complete lack of commitment.
Why didn't you see other games? I only vote when I'm sure someone is scum. It's not lack of commitment, it's making sure my vote is in the correct place.

I really cannot say I think anyone is scum in this game, you said so yourself
ssf wrote:there wasn't a particularly strong alternative to the Cream-wagon
There isn't something to set my mind. Also, may I ask you why you want an alternative to the cream wagon?
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:27 am

Post by ashmite84 »

Okay, I'm up to speed. Thoughts: (forgive me if I repeat accepted opinion or state the bleeding obvious)

I'm not a major fan of either of the prominant wagons but if it came to it, I believe the FL wagon holds more water than the Cream wagon.

Gimbo must be protected. This should be obvious but there might be a protecting role out there that has other ideas.

I have faith in the coin-pooling idea but it would require a lot of co-ordination and my support for it depends on the answer to the following:

mod: is it possible to perform an action such as 'give all my coins to player X', or do you have to nominate an amount?

This would eliminate scum lying about their amount of coins.

Phoebus question definately does not sound like the words of someone who got the townie PM, therefore
vote: Phoebus
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:24 am

Post by armlx »

I voted for FL for pretty much the same thing that armlx did
Except I didn't vote her, I am too busy with Cream.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:35 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Whoops. I was looking at this:
armlx wrote:The exact reason for FOS/voting FL was
The reasoning is still valid though...
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:39 am

Post by armlx »

The reasoning is still valid though...
Yeah, just felt like that was worth clearing up.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:40 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

ashmite wrote: I have faith in the coin-pooling idea but it would require a lot of co-ordination and my support for it depends on the answer to the following:

mod: is it possible to perform an action such as 'give all my coins to player X', or do you have to nominate an amount?
That would make our lives easier, but my read is that that isn't the case.

Farside keeps tripping my scumdar. Why FOS goborage when its clear that sideney is, regardless of
join
date, is fairly fresh?
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:52 am

Post by Phoebus »

ashmite wrote:Phoebus question definately does not sound like the words of someone who got the townie PM,
Hahaha!
And what exactly is the townie PM?
Are you role fishing?

Are there even any specific non townies?
For all I know - there's the mafia, a bunch of toads who can buy powers and that's it.
Even Peach might be a mechanic from where I sit...

You are right clueless, you are.

What exactly have I said or.. rather... not said that's so evil and scumbaggy?
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:59 am

Post by farside22 »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
ashmite wrote: I have faith in the coin-pooling idea but it would require a lot of co-ordination and my support for it depends on the answer to the following:

That would make our lives easier, but my read is that that isn't the case.

Farside keeps tripping my scumdar. Why FOS goborage when its clear that sideney is, regardless of
join
date, is fairly fresh?
I look at join dates not anything else. You just don't like me because I was the first to disagree with you. Once again I wasn't the only one. Live with it. :roll:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:07 am

Why do you keep strawmanning my attacks at you as if I'm somehow attacking you personally?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:11 am

Post by farside22 »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Why do you keep strawmanning my attacks at you as if I'm somehow attacking you personally?
All you are saying is you are getting scummy vibes and say "well the farside wagon isn't going anywhere." It's like you have no one else in your radar or scum vibe and then just vote with the flow. You don't think that doesn't look scummy to me? Honestly I think you are just being narrow minded on the subject.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:16 am

Post by goborage »

Forget my posts regarding Phoebus. Post 205 shows that he was aware of rule 25.
Phoebus wrote:As I see it...whatever mechanic might cause Peach to get kidnapped - most likely Bowser "looking for her" - ends the game in sudden death the next day if we don't know who kidnapped her.
This particular mechanic makes me a little skittish but for now, I'd trust Lawrence to know what he's doing...
OK so my most suspicious player is now popular with post 215. I'll dig up more stuff later. I'm not seeing the reasons behind cream's or FL's lynch. I'll have to look back for those two too - unless someone wants to sum up the cases against them.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:24 am

farside wrote: All you are saying is you are getting scummy vibes and say "well the farside wagon isn't going anywhere." It's like you have no one else in your radar or scum vibe and then just vote with the flow. You don't think that doesn't look scummy to me? Honestly I think you are just being narrow minded on the subject.
I made a very specific point, which was that I didn't like that you said we should wait until tomorrow. That only makes sense from scum's perspective, which is why I continue to think its scummy. Even my most recent post, I was saying I didn't like a specific post. Nothing about scummy vibes.

If you think my play has been
scummy
, say so. Instead, you're implying I'm voting for you because I've for some reason taken it personally that you disagree with me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”