Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:55 am

Post by Talitha »

I don't have anything to add to my defence right now... But I'm here if anyone has any questions about why I think you shouldn't lynch me today.

On the other hand, I'd really encourage people to use their votes. It really frustrates me when people can't be bothered even voting. - I'd prefer you lynch me rather than no lynch. Of course I'd much prefer you lynch Nanook (and I'd switch back to lulu in a heartbeat, if others were that way inclined).
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:59 pm

Post by Wacky »

Between Talitha and Nanook I choose Talitha. FOS: All you lurkers! You should be posting! Most of the mafia should be amongst you!

Unvote: Silgado, vote: Tallyscum.
That's 4.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:43 pm

Post by ralphmerridew »

Apologies for getting behind; I'm doing a bit too much right now, and this fell behind.

Ordinarily, my reaction to this would be "follow the cop", but MMCL is giving off bigger "scum vibes" to me with his refusal to say ANYTHING definite about his role.
lulu muumuu
lulu muumuu
Goon
lulu muumuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:42 pm

Post by lulu muumuu »

ouch, i've been prodded... i'm following, but not much to add.... i'll read through again.
Show
[size=75]:shock:[i]scared poopless

in Kidvitational 1 signups:[/i]
meaning of life 42:[color=darkblue] ok. I'm sorry MeMe if your sry. Can we be friends again?[/color]
MeMe:[color=darkred] I'm [i]totally [/i]sry. Friends 4ever![/color]
[/size]
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:02 pm

Post by Mgm »

rm worded my thoughts perfectly 2 posts above this one.
So I won't bother repeating them. :)
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I'm here.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:24 am

Post by MMCL »

Well post something then :P

Oh - and I don't see how revealing which type of information role I have would benefit the town. There are many types - as you all know - and I do still need protection.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:56 pm

Post by Norinel »

Still not inspired to lift the deadline, but I'm prodding FD, too.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:04 am

Post by willows_weep »

Hm, I thought I posted here last night.

I said I like where my vote is.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:11 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

*got the prod*

Hey, that rhymes! :D

Anyways....

Vote: Talitha
, I suppose. Our best bet with the deadline....
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:41 am

Post by silgado106 »

Well guys, the deadline is retractable, why don't we instead try to talk and see if Norinel takes it off? I think it beats lynching anyone just
because
we have a deadline. I think deadlines are supposed to encourage talking, not lynching.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:46 pm

Post by Talitha »

I've been thinking and I've decided to risk looking scummy and say that I think you should get more info out of MMCL...
There is a chance he could be scum, getting an innocent lynched, and leaving himself open to design his roleclaim tomorrow, after I'm dead and gone and can't do anything about it. (Although, assuming I survive the Village night, I'll still be able to tell you to lynch his ass if I get any inklings that he's doing this because he's scum.)
It's irresponsible of you all to lynch me based on such a fuzzy claim. And nothing else against me.
I know for a fact that there will be a few "Please Explain" posts directed at MMCL tomorrow (if you lynch me), so why not just do it now.... make sure you have enough reason to lynch someone who has claimed to have a useful pro-town role.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:50 pm

Post by Talitha »

I should add that if I were guilty (which I'm not) then the scum would
already know
that MMCL was a useful cop. Therefore they would have more information about MMCL than the town does, which is not a good thing.

So whichever way you look at it, make him speak.

And MMCL if you think you're helping the town by playing this way, you're wrong.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:00 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

here is what I don't understand--if MMCL has a role that gives him partial information or information to guess at then why did he out it and not spend time tryig to sort out the truth.
lulu muumuu
lulu muumuu
Goon
lulu muumuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:19 pm

Post by lulu muumuu »

in post 280, MMCL wrote:Nothing new to add... Tally is my main suspicion still :)
here are my 2 cents.... this post... it seems weird to me. maybe it's just a misunderstanding of semantics, but i would think that someone with information on another person would either be sure about that info, or sure that it was wrong. "suspicion" denotes uncertainty which doesn't seem to fit with the hints he's given about his role. did anyone get that?

either he's lying, or his role gives no positive role confirmations which says to me he doesn't have an investigative role.... maybe he sees who is out at night. that would warrant more of a "suspicion" than positive confirmation.

or maybe i'm wrong... ugh....
Show
[size=75]:shock:[i]scared poopless

in Kidvitational 1 signups:[/i]
meaning of life 42:[color=darkblue] ok. I'm sorry MeMe if your sry. Can we be friends again?[/color]
MeMe:[color=darkred] I'm [i]totally [/i]sry. Friends 4ever![/color]
[/size]
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:28 pm

Post by Mgm »

I should add that if I were guilty (which I'm not) then the scum would already know that MMCL was a useful cop. Therefore they would have more information about MMCL than the town does, which is not a good thing.
Tally might be suspicious, but she's right about this. At this point the scum know more about MMCL than the town does. MMCL talking would even the odds.

MMCL, why did you tell us that you investigated Talitha when you refuse to say how and when you aren't sure of the validity of the result?
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:23 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I'll wait for MMCL to respond, in case he has a more specific reason than mine, but I have a good reason that MMCL shouldn't give information about his role. On general principles, I disagree with his having come out with it in the first place, but given that he did so, I agree with his not wanting to share details. Besides, Talitha's second argument is crap logic. Sure, the scum know more about MMCL
right now
under those circumstances. But, if Talitha is scum and we lynch her (which seems like what we're going to do), then we know pretty much what they do about MMCL. If Talitha isn't scum and we lynch her, then either MMCL is scum or we know pretty much what they do about him.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:28 pm

Post by Norinel »

King Enigma replaces Uraj45.

Vote Count:

Talitha- 5 (MMCL, Fishbulb, Save The Dragons, Wacky, Flying Dutchman)
NanookTheWolf- 3 (PeaceBringer, Talitha, Uraj45)
PeaceBringer- 1 (NanookTheWolf)
lulu muumuu- 1 (willows_weep)

Not voting (5) - Fuldu, lulu muumuu, Mgm, ralphmerridew, Silgado106

8 to lynch, 4 at deadline.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:43 am

Post by KingEnigma »

Hey guys, Ive been reading this thread for the last day or so.

Maybe this could be explained a little better to me (i'm not all that smart) but why is MMCL saying that he has information, but refuses to share the information? Granted its about all we have to go on, but I'm going to be wary of anyone who says they know something, but wont say how.

As for Talitha, the arguement that your using for defense does sound like you have been cornered and are trying to take out as many as you can. I do agree with the scum already knowing that MMCL may have a useful role, but I just wanna know how MMCL KNOWS that Talitha is guilty.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:30 pm

Post by Talitha »

Fuldu wrote:Besides, Talitha's second argument is crap logic. Sure, the scum know more about MMCL right now under those circumstances. But, if Talitha is scum and we lynch her (which seems like what we're going to do), then we know pretty much what they do about MMCL.
If Talitha isn't scum and we lynch her, then either MMCL is scum or we know pretty much what they do about him.
(Bolding mine)
That's the point I'm trying to make right there... if you lynch me without making MMCL explain
now
, then you won't know what to do with him tomorrow, will you? Make him talk now and you'll be better set up for tomorrow.
KingEnigma wrote:As for Talitha, the arguement that your using for defense does sound like you have been cornered and are trying to take out as many as you can.
Imagine for a second, that you are an innocent, with a useful role, who has been semi-fingered by someone who fuzzily says that they have information about you. How would you have acted? Much different to how I have acted? I doubt it.

Anyway it doesn't seem like I'm going to turn the tide of this... I don't know really what I could've done differently, which is very frustrating. So yeah, at least do me the courtesy of lynching me, rather than letting the deadline do it.

I'll see you all in he..er.. in the village.
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:05 pm

Post by silgado106 »

I think we should definitely wait for MMCL to reply to us.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:05 pm

Post by Wacky »

I agree with the lynching her rather than let the deadline do it.

If you had a really useful role, and it's hopeless, you would have claimed already.

In any case, if you are town, you can attack me on the other side.

Everyone else, please commit to an opinion, or something..
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:46 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Thats like 6.
Whens the deadline? Ill maybe be on till 8amish in case the trend changes.
I agree with wacky in the sense that if your role is heaps of amazing that you at least should have claimed.
But should and would/could are subjective things.

To tell you the truth, I'm totally with you on not claiming. I understand this annoyance, I had this role that could potentially make or break the town (if I succeeded town would be better off) but the day thread were bloody annoying for NO REAL REASON.

And you can see by all of the questions being posted here towards MMCL and towards the general thread that...people are unsure of what is going on.

If someone answers when the deadline is before I leave for the morning I'll do the courtesy.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:07 am

Post by Norinel »

I'll make this easier. Deadline moved to 84 hours from this post because I'm not sure I'll be around Saturday morning.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:44 am

Post by KingEnigma »

I probably would have broken down crying, asking people to stop picking on me. I do not like the fact that MMCL says that he has something on you but refuses to let us know what and how. I can understand the frustration and because of this I'm not placing a vote on you as of yet.

I have not really seen anything in your defense that is pure proof of your innocence, (and good luck getting that out of anyone) but I do not have anything to go on but what someone else said and they seem to be in the know. And these paragraphs seem so much bigger when your typing them in the quick reply box.

MMCL must have known this would be a death sentence to come out with this info and we lynch Talitha and she turns up town. So on that alone I'm inclined to believe him So I am still on the fence and such, so please continue the discussion and we will all meet back on the other side! (And no i'm not saying that I will not be contributing to this conversation any longer, just that if anything happens while i'm gone, you know?)
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”