DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:10 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

So, how's that armlx wagon going?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Incognito »

This:
Votecount wrote:Votecount

Incognito (2) -- Sarcastro, Gorrad
Ether (1) -- armlx
Sarcastro (1) -- Elmo
armlx (4) -- Ether, scotmany12, DrippingGoofball, Incognito
DrippingGoofball (1) -- farside22

Not voting: Flameaxe, Coron
11 alive, 6 to lynch.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:44 am

Oooo, lynch minus to.

What you say, armlx?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Ether »

Post 975, Incognito wrote:Ether, why exactly don't you find Sarcastro scummy? :confused:
First because you're scummier so at least his tunnel vision is in good taste; second because Sarcastro is in the "has forgotten his true potential" class anyway.

They should hold an invitational for people like him and Elmo.

So you been reading? You
know
what question I'm about to ask, don't you?

I imagine Armlx is gonna want me to hammer?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Incognito »

There's a distinct difference between Elmo's play and Sarcastro's play in this game though. I get the feeling from Elmo's posts that he is at least reading the thread and updating his suspicions accordingly while Sarcastro appears to be popping in every once in awhile to nudge whatever wagon he was on without adding anything new.

Mental exercise for you: Imagine that I'm town
(Yes, I know this might be hard lol :D).
Do you really think Sarcastro's "scumdar" has been that far off this game that he's led that many charges against townies as a townie? And yeah, I know that people can be way off about their suspicions as town but seriously, this many times with as much tenacity as he's shown? To me it looks like he's just been persistently knocking off town to achieve an end result; not actually believing in these suspicions to try and kill off scum.

And no, I have no clue what question you're about to ask so ask away.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:45 am

Post by Elmo »

Distinction: my problem with Sarc is that a) he has been
avoiding
commenting on anything since page 2 by way of Incognito; b) the aforementioned double-standard towards Xtoxm's wagon. Neither of these are caused by bad play. He is pefectly able and willing to put effort into defending himself with 848 (and answers within a few days of the accusation), but not willing to put effort into finding scum throughout the whole game. I have not the faintest idea who he thinks Xtoxm's buddies are beyond Incognito, and Xtoxm's lynch doesn't seem to have affected his view of the game at all. "Has forgotten his true potential" does not cover it; he's not actually scumhunting.

I don't know what you (Ether) mean with respect to me forgetting my potential. I am honest-to-god not terribly interested in this game right now; I don't see anything wrong with that or how I'm playing. What do you think I should be doing differently?

I am having that sheepish feeling that armlx is town, which is why I wanted to reread. I should probably do that today. I should also probably meta Incognito at this point. Argh.

Flameaxe: When have I ever known you to pass up a chance at killing DGB?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:50 am

Post by armlx »

I imagine Armlx is gonna want me to hammer?
Yup.

Not sure what to think of Incog hopping on the wagon, seems very self-preservation orientated, though whether or not that is scummy is debatable.
Do you really think Sarcastro's "scumdar" has been that far off this game that he's led that many charges against townies as a townie?
I would consider it.

Current scum list:
Ether
DGB
Coron/Sarc
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Incognito »

armlx wrote:Not sure what to think of Incog hopping on the wagon, seems very self-preservation orientated, though whether or not that is scummy is debatable.
I wouldn't really call it self-preservationist since I had been voting for you yesterday before placing the hammer on Xtoxm. Some of your reads when I last voted for you looked a bit contrived, and I thought that was worthy of a vote.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:05 am

Post by armlx »

Incognito wrote:
armlx wrote:Not sure what to think of Incog hopping on the wagon, seems very self-preservation orientated, though whether or not that is scummy is debatable.
I wouldn't really call it self-preservationist since I had been voting for you yesterday before placing the hammer on Xtoxm. Some of your reads when I last voted for you looked a bit contrived, and I thought that was worthy of a vote.
Fair enough. Again, see how you are not on the list of scum.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Incognito »

I agree with Coron and Sarc being on your list, disagree about Ether being there, and am not sure about DGB. Marmalade didn't really come across as scummy to me even though he was limited in posts. Basically the third is a toss-up between you and farside. Probably would be most comfortable with a Sarc lynch but aside from Elmo, it seems like others are unwilling to vote for him.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Incognito »

Actually armlx, have you ever played with Ether before this game?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:23 am

Post by armlx »

No, I have not Incog.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by farside22 »

Incog: Please point why you believe armix is scum.
Ether: Why is it scummy for Armix to ask you for a player analysis or what about his play do you find scummy.

I've been watching a few things too and I'm surprised for those paying more attention then me that they reached the conclusion armix is scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Incognito (2) -- Sarcastro, Gorrad
Ether (1) -- armlx
Sarcastro (1) -- Elmo
armlx (4) -- Ether, scotmany12, DrippingGoofbal, Incognito
DrippingGoofball (1) -- farside22

Not voting: Flameaxe, Coron
11 alive, 6 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 980, Incognito wrote:And no, I have no clue what question you're about to ask so ask away.
(sigh) What is your opinion of Farside? And, while we're at it, how did you fail to anticipate this question? What have you been noticed in the last few pages instead?

I don't group Sarc and Elmo in together, beyond being wistful.

Elmo got the case on Sarc a lot better than Incognito did (he was on
two
bad wagons and yours, and tenacious leadership is what he
didn't
do). Meh. What Sarc's doing still reminds me of what he did in Big Love, and a recent AIM conversation I had with him suggests that he's depressed. I do feel frustrated that I'm letting him off this easily, but only a little.

Uh. Farside, I didn't attack Armlx for requesting the List, and I'm not sure where you got the idea that I did. I'm attacking him because his list is so mechanical and contrived and stuffed with double-standards that it can't possibly be real.

On Day 2, he even used his process of elimination to get out of looking for scumtells on people. (Filter his stances on Xtoxm for the best example of this--he insists that he doesn't like the Xtoxmwagon, that Xtoxm is on the bottom of his short "uncleared" list (at the same time he insisting that he doesn't actually have scumtells on anyone except q21), but he uses the town list position to avoid taking a definitive stance and later hops onto the wagon after Xtoxm already has a large wagon, and instantly switches to an Xtoxmscum perspective in his posts.)

I love how he cleared Scot for his realistic attack on q21 which he thought couldn't possibly be distancing, and hasn't cleared me for my behavior toward Xtoxm because he now says I did so many other scummy things. On Day 2, remember, he tried to tell me I hadn't done anything scummy at all; I just hadn't done anything pro-town.

He's full of shit.

Now answer my questions from 966, and explain where you got the idea that I'm voting him for requesting an analysis from me. Thank you.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Incognito wrote:Mental exercise for you: Imagine that I'm town
(Yes, I know this might be hard lol :D).
Do you really think Sarcastro's "scumdar" has been that far off this game that he's led that many charges against townies as a townie? And yeah, I know that people can be way off about their suspicions as town but seriously, this many times with as much tenacity as he's shown? To me it looks like he's just been persistently knocking off town to achieve an end result; not actually believing in these suspicions to try and kill off scum.
Oh come on, Incognito. Are you really going to use a burden of proficiency argument on
me
? I'm not exactly Glork, you know. I make mistakes, just like everybody else, and sometimes it just so happens that my suspicions, even suspicions that I am very vocal about, are wrong a few times in a row. Why, exactly, do you think I'm just "knocking off town" rather than simply being incorrect? You haven't really given a good reason.

To be honest, though, this argument does make you seem a bit more like a townie who's simply not thinking very logically about why someone else might think he's scum.

I like Ether's reasoning about Armlx. I'll try to go back and read some more later.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:25 pm

Post by armlx »

I love how he cleared Scot for his realistic attack on q21 which he thought couldn't possibly be distancing, and hasn't cleared me for my behavior toward Xtoxm because he now says I did so many other scummy things.
Scot did 0 really scummy things I see. You did X, where X is a larger number then 0. I see no double standard.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:44 am

Going on vacation until July 8, please don't replace me, thanks.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:11 am

Post by farside22 »

This and other comments made me think he was asking you to make a list.
armlx wrote:Then participate and make a list. Laziness is not a real excuse.
Did I read that incorrectly?
Also I suggest you reread back to see why I think armix is town. If you haven't figured it out I'm not pointing it out.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Coron »

Guys, I reread Armlx and I REALLY don't buy the armlx wagon. Can we go somewhere more productive? Like maybe some of the people bandwagoning Armlx?

Oh hey, I remember who is a part of that group! Scotmany12. He'll be my next target of a reread, but for now I'm on to other games for a bit.

Armlx, quit posting so darn much, reading all your posts takes too long.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Gorrad »

The three scum are somewhere in [Incognito, Armlx, DGB, Scotmany]. Just an FYI.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:15 am

Post by scotmany12 »

farside22 wrote:This and other comments made me think he was asking you to make a list.
Also I suggest you reread back to see why I think armix is town. If you haven't figured it out I'm not pointing it out.
She never attacked armlx for wanting her to make a list however. She just simply refused. So why do you think armlx is town farside?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:23 am

Post by farside22 »

scotmany12 wrote:
farside22 wrote:This and other comments made me think he was asking you to make a list.
She never attacked armlx for wanting her to make a list however. She just simply refused. So why do you think armlx is town farside?
I found something in my reads that tells me Armix is town.
Why do you think Armix is scum?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:26 am

Post by scotmany12 »

I found something in my reads that tells me Armlx is scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”