icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:25 pm

Post by icemanE »

You need to make up your mind about how you want me to act. When I'm responding to every little nitty gritty point I'm being OMGUSy. When I back off I'm hiding. Which is it?
I think, like in everything, it's more about the way something happens than the event itself that's important. Everyone in the game is responding to points against them - that is the nature of the game. My latest biggest thing with you is that you're now acting to satisfy me, apparently. YOU need to make up YOUR mind on how to act - as I've said, it's the inconsistencies that bug me.

Votecount as of post 275

farside22 - 4 (Roflcopter, Mr. Blonde, Grimmy, dcorbe)
dcorbe - 1 (Celebloki)
Korts - 3 (farside22, Pokerface, icemanE)
Mr. Blonde - 1 (Rishi)

Not Voting - 3 (Surye, Korts, Tekkactus)

7 to lynch
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:
You need to make up your mind about how you want me to act. When I'm responding to every little nitty gritty point I'm being OMGUSy. When I back off I'm hiding. Which is it?
I think, like in everything, it's more about the way something happens than the event itself that's important. Everyone in the game is responding to points against them - that is the nature of the game. My latest biggest thing with you is that you're now acting to satisfy me, apparently. YOU need to make up YOUR mind on how to act - as I've said, it's the inconsistencies that bug me.
Okay. I want to point a couple things out to you.

1) Korts himself stated that he's PBPAing me because he has suspicions but no case. I later voiced my distaste of people posting useless PBPAs. I believe mentioning that and the specific points I addressed was really enough to get my point across. I can't very well sit here and call BS on a PBPA and then refute every single point, because then I'm being just as noisy as him.

2) You have an unhealthy obsession with me for some reason. You're picking at every single word I say. You seem to be waiting for me to slip up so that you can paint me in a negative light.

If you want to get a wagon going on me THAT bad why don't you just vote me?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by icemanE »

@dcorbe

- I agree on Korts
- I agree we have been back-and-forthing too much. However, if you find something someone does scummy, there's no reason to hold back from pointing it out. Perhaps its the fact that you and I seem to be on at the same time, or just have more free time than th others, that is to blame for this, but whatever the cause, if someone does something scummy I'm going to post about it.
- I have said I don't want you lynched today. I still don't, but collecting and filing information on day one is great for making decisions day two, so I want to get as much as I can down today to build a case tomorrow.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:@dcorbe

- I agree on Korts

- I agree we have been back-and-forthing too much. However, if you find something someone does scummy, there's no reason to hold back from pointing it out. Perhaps its the fact that you and I seem to be on at the same time, or just have more free time than th others, that is to blame for this, but whatever the cause, if someone does something scummy I'm going to post about it.

- I have said I don't want you lynched today. I still don't, but collecting and filing information on day one is great for making decisions day two, so I want to get as much as I can down today to build a case tomorrow.
Tip: If you have no intention of building a case against me until D2 then the only thing you're doing by nailing me on everything is telegraphing your moves.

If I do something today that makes you change your mind about wagoning me, then by all means bring it up. Otherwise, keep notes on your games and make sure to mark down posts you think are worthy of mention later as these notes eventually become the basis of a good PBPA. A good PBPA will only make your case stronger later.

Otherwise, I'm going to sit here and respond to you when you pound on me and eventually everything is going to boil down into these little semantic arguments we keep having back and fourth. It's very distracting to the rest of the town, and useful things are going to get lost to the noise later on.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by icemanE »

Gee, thanks for the tip - I don't know, according to our joined dates it looks like I've been playing a little longer than you have, not that either of us have been playing for long enough to justify giving "tips".

You seem very worried about important things getting "lost in the noise", I've heard that more than a few times. Do you sum up all arguments against you as noise? I've made a very similar argument to this one before - you tend to try to shrug off and dismiss arguments against you as insignificant, when they really aren't. I've explained why I think Korts is a good day one lynch. If for some perverse reason you WANT me to try to get you killed today, I guess I can try, but I'd rather wait and make a more sure bet to get off on the right foot.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:Gee, thanks for the tip - I don't know, according to our joined dates it looks like I've been playing a little longer than you have, not that either of us have been playing for long enough to justify giving "tips".

You seem very worried about important things getting "lost in the noise", I've heard that more than a few times. Do you sum up all arguments against you as noise? I've made a very similar argument to this one before - you tend to try to shrug off and dismiss arguments against you as insignificant, when they really aren't. I've explained why I think Korts is a good day one lynch. If for some perverse reason you WANT me to try to get you killed today, I guess I can try, but I'd rather wait and make a more sure bet to get off on the right foot.
Just because you signed up a few days before me doesn't mean my advice isn't good advice. But whatever, dude.

It's is a most valid point that we're drowning stuff out. You'll see...

I'm all for PRODUCTIVE conversation, but this is getting us nowhere fast.

FoS: icemanE
Go ahead and keep pressing issues against someone you've stated that you have no intention of wagoning today. It really makes you look super pro town.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by dcorbe »

actually, on second thought..

I can't picture anyone hammering farside any time soon, so...

Unvote

Vote: icemanE
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by icemanE »

There's nothing anti-town about exposing scumminess.

This:
Is bogus. You'll see... is totally bogus. Stall tactics, implying delayed release of important information that you feel you need to conceal, is bogus.
FoS: icemanEGo ahead and keep pressing issues against someone you've stated that you have no intention of wagoning today. It really makes you look super pro town.
I'm not trying to LOOK pro-town, I'm BEING pro-town. There's an important difference - that is, unlike Korts, whose PBPA's are relatively shallow attempts at DEMONSTRATING protownness, and youself, dcorbe, who feels entitled to be a dick because you're under pressure, I am actively and consistently searching for and exposing scumtells as they appear. I'm not going to write a list so I can make a big, important LOOKING post somewhere down the line - if I see someone doing something scummy I'm going to say HEY, THAT'S SCUMMY. If I feel like I NEED too I can come back and pull all those posts into one big one later on - there's no noise, all analysis is of value, as it tells something about both the analyzer and the analyzee. If you keep dropping tells I'll keep picking them up - do you think your strategy is better? Namely, to both look AND act anti-town?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:There's nothing anti-town about exposing scumminess.

This:
Is bogus. You'll see... is totally bogus. Stall tactics, implying delayed release of important information that you feel you need to conceal, is bogus.
When did I ever imply that I was holding on to information? WTF are you talking about!?
icemanE wrote:
dcorbe wrote: FoS: icemanEGo ahead and keep pressing issues against someone you've stated that you have no intention of wagoning today. It really makes you look super pro town.
I'm not trying to LOOK pro-town, I'm BEING pro-town. There's an important difference - that is, unlike Korts, whose PBPA's are relatively shallow attempts at DEMONSTRATING protownness, and youself, dcorbe, who feels entitled to be a dick because you're under pressure, I am actively and consistently searching for and exposing scumtells as they appear. I'm not going to write a list so I can make a big, important LOOKING post somewhere down the line - if I see someone doing something scummy I'm going to say HEY, THAT'S SCUMMY. If I feel like I NEED too I can come back and pull all those posts into one big one later on - there's no noise, all analysis is of value, as it tells something about both the analyzer and the analyzee. If you keep dropping tells I'll keep picking them up - do you think your strategy is better? Namely, to both look AND act anti-town?
Well if you say you're being pro town it must be true, after all you are the infallible icemanE, afterall...

There are so many things wrong with this statement that it's not funny. I'll try to correct your misguided attempts here but you'll probably just rebut everything I say anyways.

1) I'm not under any pressure right now. My wagon fell apart a long time ago. The only thing that's happening right now is one idiot (namely you) keeps trying to throw shit at me just to see what sticks.

2) I was trying to be cordial as you requested, and now I'm being called a dick simply because I'm trying to turn the tables on you. Look at yourself in the mirror next time you accuse someone of emotional posting.

3) I keep dropping tells? How come you keep saying you're so satisfied with my answers then?

4) What you're doing right now is classic scum strawmanning.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by icemanE »

First off, don't even post a response if you don't want a response to your response. You know you'll get one.

Thanks for trying to correct my misguided attempts, though they're neither misguided nor attempts (what, might I ask, am I attempting that I'm not succeeding at? Getting you lynched? That's not my priority).

1 - Pressure and wagons are two different things. Wagons are better pressure, of course. But I feel it would be fairly easy to reform a wagon on you, if for some reason that's what you want. However, that wagon would be filled with people I find scummy, like Korts and Tek, so I don't see much of a point at this stage in the game.

2 - I don't think I've been a dick. Several players have noted that you have.

3 - If you'll notice, I'm sometimes satisfied with your points when they pertain to other players I already find scummy (makes sense, doesn't it?) but that's about it.

4 - It's actually classic Here's who I think is scum and why, but hey, you read the textbook, so you must be right, since you have an official term for something you've probably actually seen in action once or twice in your extensive two month mafia career. Please, I'm not trying to act like a high and mighty know-it-all, you should think about being a tad more humble. That's clearly your playstyle, but act your age.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:First off, don't even post a response if you don't want a response to your response. You know you'll get one.
So now we're engaged in a pissing contest to see who gets the last word? That's very mature..
icemanE wrote: Thanks for trying to correct my misguided attempts, though they're neither misguided nor attempts (what, might I ask, am I attempting that I'm not succeeding at? Getting you lynched? That's not my priority).
Doing any actual scum hunting doesn't seem to be a priority for you either. You'd rather just sit around, argue with me over stupid shit until any point either of us have made is LONG gone and bitch about my play style. Well I'm tired of walking on egg shells around you.
icemanE wrote: 1 - Pressure and wagons are two different things. Wagons are better pressure, of course. But I feel it would be fairly easy to reform a wagon on you, if for some reason that's what you want. However, that wagon would be filled with people I find scummy, like Korts and Tek, so I don't see much of a point at this stage in the game.

2 - I don't think I've been a dick. Several players have noted that you have.
You just called me a dick 3 posts ago for no reason after I've been giving you nice cordial responses. Well no more. If you have a personal problem with me then take it up with the mod.
icemanE wrote: 4 - It's actually classic Here's who I think is scum and why, but hey, you read the textbook, so you must be right, since you have an official term for something you've probably actually seen in action once or twice in your extensive two month mafia career. Please, I'm not trying to act like a high and mighty know-it-all, you should think about being a tad more humble. That's clearly your playstyle, but act your age.
So now you're jumping on me because I read games and pick up on social cues? I have a definition for what you're doing, so what? I noticed you didn't try to correct me, so you must not think my definition of the term is inaccurate. You're merely attacking me for using it. What's another term I'm familiar with used to describe this situation? *thinks* OH! that's right: OMGUS
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:55 am

Post by icemanE »

OK.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:07 am

Post by Rishi »

I don't find this back-and-forth between dcorbe and icemanE productive at all. There seems to be very little substance to their arguments.

Anyway, guys, tunnel-vision is not helpful. Stop spamming the thread.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:24 am

Post by icemanE »

Thanks for your contribution, Rishi.

Anyways I'm starting to agree that this is becoming completely unproductive. The discussion helped me, though, decide that dcorbe is probably not scum.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:30 am

Post by icemanE »

For scum pairings I'm now thinking:

Tek - Korts

farside - ??? (perhaps Rishi for lurking and almost no contribution thus far)
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:12 am

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote: farside - ??? (perhaps Rishi for lurking and almost no contribution thus far)
WTF?

You really think I'm worse than Mr. Blonde, Celebloki or Surye in terms of lack of contribution?

Are you even reading the thread? Maybe you should post less and actually pay attention.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Korts »

gah. sorry guys, I have to get myself replaced, I just can't catch up with this game.

mod, please replace me

-Sigh... looking.
scumchat never die
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by icemanE »

Rishi wrote:
icemanE wrote: farside - ??? (perhaps Rishi for lurking and almost no contribution thus far)
WTF?

You really think I'm worse than Mr. Blonde, Celebloki or Surye in terms of lack of contribution?

Are you even reading the thread? Maybe you should post less and actually pay attention.
Your last post - you hadn't posted in awhile and then you came in and said one line about how you thought we were off track - and that was it.
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Tekkactus »

Korts wrote:gah. sorry guys, I have to get myself replaced, I just can't catch up with this game.

mod, please replace me

-Sigh... looking.
This is an interesting development. I really wonder how Korts' replacement will respond to the fire that he'll enter under.

IcemanE and dcorbe have been going at this banter since the very beginning of the game. Is it conceivable they're partners?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:34 am

Post by roflcopter »

i highly, highly doubt that dcorbe and iceman could be mafia together. i didn't get much from their altercation at all, i don't think it can be used as evidence against either of them. if anything, i think dcorbe looked minorly pro-town as a result, but really all i would say is that it makes both of them look somewhat childish.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

question for pokerface, rishi and roflcopter: what scum groups do you see and why?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Sorry I ain't posted in a while. Got a vacation to go on soon and so getting ready for that has taken a bit too much of my time.

Ok I read through post 248. Yay I think i may have been reading to much into IcemanE's words there since he did explain most of that stuff already. I think that perhaps I was trying too hard to get a read on him at that moment since I originally had an early scum read on him then he posted some stuff I liked and then back again. I'll explain my current view of him later on.

I also read Rishi's 235 and Blonde's 238. Rishi's reason for voting Blonde confuses me.
Rishi wrote:My vote is on Mr. Blonde because I'm not 100% sure he's savvy enough to realize he should be more helpful as scum.
I don't entirely understand that reason. I at least understand the comments Mr. Blonde brings up. And I'd like know if Rishi has a response to Mr. Blonde's post #235 since he never directly gave one.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 65#1110765

In any event in reading their posts, I feel I should bring something I found a while back up, since some aspects of their posts might be going too far. "too townie" fallacy. Scum will scum hunt in this game since there are two scum groups, but they won't be truly/honestly too helpful. Being too helpful gets you night killed. Getting crosskilled by the other scum group is not something scum wants. People with stuff to hide usually ain't helpful for fear of the night kill.

I read over Korts 251. I don't see the logic behind calling some posts:
Korts wrote:Post 23: again, trying to rationalize a D1 mislynch.
And I hate this comment
Korts wrote:Go see for yourself.
Overdefensiveness without reason is the sign of paranoid scum
. weak scumtell
can't say I agree with most of his opinions on the weak scum tells either, but its not like disagreement is also a scum tell. His replacement has a job infront of him.

Other people with jobs infront of them include Grimmy, Surye, Celbloki and Mr. blonde. Grimmy and Surye still ain't gotten to the questions I asked them earlier at the start of this post.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 85#1113685
Celebloki and Mr. Blonde just need to post since they ain't done it in a awhile. I got no questions for them at the moment except "Can't you post?". These people just need to talk. I am having trouble trusting any kind of read on them. I fear they may be going to far under the radar. with their activity.

I feel Rishi and Tekactus have posted more content than the aforementioned. The recent hate for Tek and Rishi on the aspect of low content posting/lurking is BS because others have done worse. The only good piece of evidence I seen on tekkactus possibly being scum, is right here:
icemanE wrote:
Tek (209) wrote:I'm starting to see why farside is L2.
-
Distancing, and then defense
, which comes from post 255, quoted above in this post.

The distancing - defense model of scum partners is a fairly common tactic.
Tek distances but does not vote her when she's near a lynch, then begins to defend her when people start to fall off her wagon.
Tekkactus's view of Farside did change dramatically in there.

I also very much like the recent views icemanE brought up on korts.
icemanE wrote:My suspicion of Korts is based mostly on what I mentioned earlier - the scum in this game need to be protown for more reasons than just to appear that way. If this were a game without two scumteams, I'd say his PBPA's were just extraneous and more or less unnecesary - the targets he choses to analyze (other than farside, perhaps) seem opputunistic, as they tend to focus on the leading wagons (other than the rofl PBPA which was just strange) especially when you look at the results they yield - almost entirely weak scumtells that are debatable in their validity. Since this a two scumteam game,
I see these PBPA's as an attempt to both appear protown and potentially cast suspicion on whoever happens to look scummiest at the time
- he's gotta get rid of those other scum too.
icemanE wrote: unlike
Korts, whose PBPA's are relatively shallow attempts at DEMONSTRATING protownness
, and...
I feel alot better about icemanE because of postings like this. His comments about Rishi and Tekactus lurking are a bit off when you consider other players are worse, but either way He is definatly moving out of my original 4 scum list.
farside22 wrote:
If Rishi, IcemanE, Kortz and Farside really are all the scum, beers will be on me at the after party.
I'm agreeing with IcemanE and Kortz but can this say or instead of and so I can get that drink. :lol:
So sadly no one might be getting drinks bought by me, except for of course me.

As far as the recent icemanE and dcorbe conversation goes I think it did make them both look childish aswell. dcorbe's vote on icemanE for those reasons isn't the greatest either. I think there are scummier players out there for you to vote and scumhunt. As far as the idea that icemanE and dcorbe are scum together goes, I severly doubt all that was distancing. If they were to turn up as scum together, my jaw would drop ten stories.
farside22 wrote:question for pokerface, rishi and roflcopter: what scum groups do you see and why?
There are players I see as scum (you and korts). And there are players that have just pinged my scumdar at some point or another as i have explained. But there is a good chunk of players I am having trouble getting descent reads on. Because players in that chunk can pretty much go anywhere, town or in any scum group at this point, I don't feel as comfortable as I did before when I gave that 4 player scum list. I'll say I still consider you and Korts as scum, but as far as who your partners are or if you are each others partner's goes, i am uncertain at this moment. If this general view changes I'll let you know who I think is in what group.

My vote is going to stay on Korts for the time being. If his replacement doesn't pull all the same stuff, perhaps I'll move it. I can't really ask his replacement to defend that stuff since they don't have the same brain, but I can ask the new player to try and do/look better. I'm going to look back on a couple of the things farside said earlier on Korts. Do you have any new suspicions you want to bring up on any player? Since the big wagon on you has faded alittle, you have not really gone into great lengths on who you believe is scum. You feared your lynch was inevitable and that is no excuse to ever stop scumhunting on your own.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Looking at posting records and this rule:
Qman wrote:12: If you do not post for 4 days without notifying me you will be away, you will be prodded. Not posting within 48 hours of the prod or getting prodded more than 3 times may result in replacement.
@Mod - Qman, I think you need to do some prodding.

Mr. Blonde and Surye ain't posted since Monday
Celebloki ain't posted since Tuesday.

Something else I want to point out to players. If you'll notice my sig mentions a vacation I will be going on later this week. I'll remind you all about this again later and try to get in some more posting before I go but I still felt i should say something about it at this time.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by Qman »

PokerFace wrote:
@Mod - Qman, I think you need to do some prodding.

Mr. Blonde and Surye ain't posted since Monday
Celebloki ain't posted since Tuesday.
Done for all.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by Mr. Blonde »

I'm here (was quite inactive couple of last days: midsummer stuff), but otherwise have been watching the game. I'm happy with farside lynch, and think 12 pages is more than enough for day 1.
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”