goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:22 am

Post by goborage »

I don't see a need for mass-claim. Unless there are townies undecided by who the prime lynch targets are, I don't think claims would give town that much info. There's also the danger of mass-claiming benefiting scum and helping with their NKs.

@Coheed: We don't know exactly what JoAT does.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

Hello friends, I am back. Lots of fun on my trip1

What is QFT?
CoheedCambria09 wrote:Sorry, was at parties all weekend. The only case on me that I think is relevant is that I've been lurking, and I really don't know why I have, Just never got into this game.

I think the mass claim is pretty good, because for me it wont do any harm. I've never bussed a partner because I'm just a townie. The lines about Darla were what I was thinking. Wasnt meant to be taken as distancing, I really wanted to put my vote on, but was cautious about someone lynching without reason.
What do you mean, "cautious about someone lynching without reason"? You intended to put the hammer vote on her. Are you saying you had no real reason to do it? Obviously, you did not get on the vote, because I finished it off before you could have.

As for the mass claim, I am opposed. We already have three people that have claimed so far this day. Coheed and Mac have claimed along with Goborage. That leaves me, Amor, Grease, and Populartajo unclaimed. I think scum have far more to gain from mass claim. If Gobo lives and is the doc, then he already has some tough choices to make. So, I am not in favor of the mass claim.

I think that Coheed does sound like the town echo.

@Coheed: why do you think town is "stacked" when you think that the martyr just dies N-1? How does that advantage town so much that they should only have a JofAT as the only other role? The one thing that I think happens with the JofAT is that the mod defines the advantages and limitations and can be very much adjusted with any different theme. This game he may have only had two or three specials to use 1 to 2 times. But, another game could be 4 or 5 specials only to be used 1 time. So, it is hard to say how defined and limited the role may have been. In any case, I strongly think that Goborage has a very strong claim.

I think that you are a great choice for the lynch Coheed. You comments today strongly reinforce this interest. If you are scum, then it is obvious why you want mass claim.
Show
Finished Modding
: Mini 977ÔÇôMafita...

Starting Soon (Mini Theme)

DNA Evidence
Who's DNA will match the criminal database?

I think I have worked out some pretty clever and engaging roles, yet simple in function.

The sheep do not see us coming
Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:01 pm

Grease, now that you are home, it would be wonderful to hear some analysis beyond small smirky comments. You are still very much my questioned player. So scummy that no one seems to want to see you as scummy. That is the reverse psychology that you intend IMO.
Show
Finished Modding

DNA Evidence

I think I have worked out some pretty clever and engaging roles, yet simple in function.

Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:59 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Busy until tonight, then I will post answering the previous question posed by SOW
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:07 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

You are right Shepherd. I will try to make some time today to read thru everything I missed recently.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:26 am

Matryr dies night 1 could possibly save a cop or doc that had given away their position accidently or by claim. Which is helpful to the town.

JoAT- True I didnt really think of it like that. Going that direction the town could very well have another power role.

Any other questions?
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by populartajo »

We have to decide between Coheed and Goborage. Nuff said.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by populartajo »

Although I dont see Coheed voting for both scumpartners with that ease.
I have a question. Arent we as town a bit overpowered if we have a Martyr, a JOAT and also a doc? All are protective roles, right?
Call me Tajo.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:46 pm

As I proposed, I do not see JofAT as having a required protective role option. Further, I do not think that Martyr really is a power role per say. It is more than just a vanilla role, but it is more of a draw fire to one's self rather than protect the town from a Night Kill. I hold firm that Gobo's claim is reasonable. If you do not like the Coheed lynch, then why are you opposed to the Grease lynch? I am more inclined to go for the Grease lynch even over Coheed. Grease is blatantly anti-town in all of his game play and he agrees that its true. As I said, he is playing so scummy as to be too scummy to lynch for town. But, if Grease is not the option for town, then Coheed is my second pick. His play is very non-analytical and just seems to say, I second that notion.

I would still like these two questions answered.
Shepherd_of_Wolves wrote:What is QFT?

and..............................

CoheedCambria09 wrote:Sorry, was at parties all weekend. The only case on me that I think is relevant is that I've been lurking, and I really don't know why I have, Just never got into this game.

I think the mass claim is pretty good, because for me it wont do any harm. I've never bussed a partner because I'm just a townie. The lines about Darla were what I was thinking. Wasnt meant to be taken as distancing, I really wanted to put my vote on, but was cautious about someone lynching without reason.
What do you mean, "cautious about someone lynching without reason"? You intended to put the hammer vote on her. Are you saying you had no real reason to do it? Obviously, you did not get on the vote, because I finished it off before you could have.
Show
Finished Modding

DNA Evidence

Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by goborage »

QFT = Quoted for truth. Internet slang.

@ popular: No GS? Bussing isn't that hard.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Amor »

I wouldn't say town is overpowered with Martyr/JOAT/Doc. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another power role in there, considering we clearly have 3 wolves. Keep in mind that we have no real idea what the Martyr does besides assumptions based on the name, which falls perilously close to flavour arguments.
populartajo wrote:We have to decide between Coheed and Goborage. Nuff said.
Why? You're preventing a false dilemna here, and trying to direct the town's lynch.

On another, Coheed trying to cast doubt on the doctor's claim is the last reason I need to vote him. Setting speculation alone gets us nowhere, try scumhunting.

Vote: CoheedCambria09
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by Amor »

EBWOP:
presenting
a false dilmena
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:05 pm

Darla on the current three most highly suspect players.

Goborage

GreasySpot

Coheed

Everyone, here are the most prominent quotes to me. I think light is shed on Coheed. I see some of Mac's concerns about gobo. Grease, well, this needs more discussion. Here they are read, analyze, and comment.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:as promised, (sorry for the Delay)

Macavenger -- I really get a Townie vibe from him, he seems to be the most level headed in the town, but A good question was brought up, why isn't he dead? Could he have some sort of NK immune role? is the Scum just avoiding Killing him to create WIFOM? or is he himself a Scum masquerading as Town?

Eval: Should be looked into, however NOT Lynch material for today.

Populartajo -- Flipflopped a great deal between day 1 and day 2, used the newbie excuse, then was offended whn I attributed it to him in my last evaluation, I really am on the fence with him, but I would think he was town more than scum.

Eval: Town, should not be lynched

SOW: Scum hunter extraordinare. Possibly the most townie of the townie players, I would not under any circumstance want to see him go. I had my doubts in day 1 but he has proven himself to be an indispensable asset to this town.

Eval: 90% town, No lynch

Greasy: Ah greasy, the most erradic, and scummy player in the game. Lurked through the majority of D1 & D2, confessed to his votes being only OMGU, Bandwagon and a Hammer, has done nothing por-town all game. Scum.

Eval: Lynch.

Amor: Can't get a great read on him, seems pretty neutral, but I would think Town, in this case.

Eval: No Lynch.

Coheed: Only other scum suspect for me, and its really pushing it. I will have to come back later to explain, as for now I must go,

to sum up

vote greasy spot
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
Gobo; seems pretty town, I reread a lot of his posts and like SOW seems pretty level headed and doesn't jump to conclusions, if you read back the lump sum of his posting he is possibly one of the most neutral players as well.

Working up a Coheed analysis,
may have to post it tomorrow depending on if I fall asleep or not.

As for you, I struggle with being a little annoyed with you but <with the exception of ABR aka 'Albie'> I try not to let my personal feelings towards a player affect how I read them. Even though I don't particularly like you, <for generally trying to lynch me :p> I just see you as too out there to be scum, and therefor, that is why.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:so coheed, Mac, SOW, and DBE have all been on the wagons,

amor and Tajo have been on neither.

Greasy and gobo have been on one.

We have lost one scum (malth/smoke)

Calf a Martyr (presumably some sort of doctor?)

Elf a townie

and Rice A hunter (presumably some sort of Cop?)

That leaves 8 of us, I would look at it this way:

Mac - 80% town, I think he is very town, lots of scum hunting, and has had a genuinly townie attitude

Coheed - 60% town, Hard to read, seemed a bit oppourunistic there at the end but overall more townie than scummy.

SOW - 70% town, he has been consistantly scum hunting throughout the game, and seems to consider his votes well.

Greasy - 45% town He plays in a very ballsy way for a scum but is not benefit to the town. Lurks, one liner posts, votes without a reason, and hammered before elf could post.

Amor - 50% town, I have wondered if this was a scum, avoiding the wagons, keeping low, and pledging psuedo votes that he doesn't have to follow through on. Im not really getting a strong read either way but its possible.

Populartajo - 50% town He flip flops a lot, but seems to be kinda newbish, not getting a very strong read here either.

Goborage - 70% town, Seems townie to me, very logical and scum hunting oriented.

more later, gotta go now.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Sorry I ahve been inactive guys having a hard time reading Elf without anyposts from her.

I meta'd greasy as well mac, and you're right it is common and I think it may just be his MO.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
I agree you played very oddly yesterday greasy, but as you said it would be one helluva a ballsy move to hammer like that as scum. Not that it clears you by anymeans, but I think its a good enough argument at this point.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I think I will just go ahead and claim now, because obv. this isn't looking too hot for Darla.

I am a miller (whatever that REALLY is) my PM says i would come up as scum if investigated, so obviously if you all decide to lynch me it wouldn't necessarily hurt the town all that much since from what I can tell, theres 6 townies and 1 scum left, hardly lylo.

but its the truth of the matter, I am a miller, I looked it up on wiki and PMd the mod to see if i was missing anything, and it looks like I am just a vanilla that comes up guilty when investigated.

*shrug* sorry my role isnt of more help to you guys.
I am still pretty suspicious of the greasyspot actions even though as he said it'd take a stupid or a ballsy scum to do what he does, although thats all pretty WIFOMy
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
will post more later, but I'm glad to see greasy taking a more active role even if it is still one liners.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
I am willing to do it again, seeing as how now, Greasy is screaming scum at me, will work on it and post within the hour.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I knew when this game started and I was a Miller it was gonna suck. LOL, and it got worse when I defended a newbie who came up scum. Talk about domino effect. Before you all lynch me, which it seems you are gonna do,
I would like to say that I have no knowledge of anyone's alignment, and my comment about gobo being neutral was just that, he didn't seem one way or the other on anyone.

and Mac, your tireless defense of Greasy cos of his meta Is a bit worrisome. Unless you know his alignment, your defense of him, is pretty idiotic considering how scummy he is. You guys crucify me for my defense of Malth, well why don't you take a look at Mac there. (Doing the same thing with an even scumier acting player, who ISN'T a n00b)
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
Goborage ==

I am sorry If i let you down, but its not a simple task to follow up a post like that.
Show
Finished Modding

DNA Evidence

Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:31 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Warning that I might hammer coheed sometime soonish. If you're voting him and don't want him dead yet, suggest unvoting. I still think most of the evidence points to gobo, but I'm starting to accept I may not get my way there today.

I looked back over Darla's quotes again. Her shifting opinion on Greasy kinda matches the town's. Not sure if she was just trying to blend in and get him lynched, or trying to bus him after linking him to me to try to get me as a mislynch after him. That's really the only bit that I see pointing to him as her buddy, though.

I'd like to know why everyone is so eager to believe goborage's claim, when there's a bunch of evidence that he's been scummy, and he's the best connected to the dead scum by far? There's no rule that says we have to have a doctor.

Actually, something just occurred to me too. Flavorwise, Riceballtail had a gun, and the NPCs are using cars and phones. Apothecaries are a Medieval era profession. That would fit in well with a lot of werewolf games, but not so well with the flavor in ours. Food for thought.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:01 am

Well since Mac wants to hammer I will official claim, even though I've already said my role

I'm a normal Villager, no special powers here.
Macavenger wrote:I'd like to know why everyone is so eager to believe goborage's claim, when there's a bunch of evidence that he's been scummy, and he's the best connected to the dead scum by far? There's no rule that says we have to have a doctor.
Isnt this one of the reasons everybody is eager to lynch me, because I'm doubting the claim?
Shepherd of Wolves wrote: What do you mean, "cautious about someone lynching without reason"? You intended to put the hammer vote on her. Are you saying you had no real reason to do it? Obviously, you did not get on the vote, because I finished it off before you could have.
I wanted to lynch her, but I was still cautious, There was still the thought in my head she could just be very newb-y. I was going to hammer but you got there first.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:14 am

@Coheed: my concern is more about why you said "without reason"? You wanted to hammer without reason, because you say this statement plus you say you want to hammer. Now your reasons for doing it would be very tanted if you explained them, but you did not seem to explain them very well. The way I see it, you had no real reason, because you did not want it but you needed to look interested in her death.

Further, Amor seems to be the only one that said he wants to lynch you for you disbelief of the claim. Why not defend yourself more rather than just offer acknowledgment of his concern, and further assume everyone else saw the same thing that he saw in his statement.

@ Grease: Well, we are waiting. You are so darn quiet. I would lynch you in a heart beat if others would help. As for now, you are very anti town and I do not like it in the slightest.
Show
Finished Modding

DNA Evidence

Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Votecount

CoheedCambria09 (3) - Shepherd_of_Wolves, goborage, Amor

goborage (2) - Macavenger, Greasy Spot

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch! Deadline July 1st.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by populartajo »

goborage wrote:QFT = Quoted for truth. Internet slang.

@ popular: No GS? Bussing isn't that hard.
I dont see newbiescum Darla doing that. It was like his last oportunity of being alive, lynching a lurker.
Doc, why do you think scum try to kill Mac yesterday and not D1 or D2?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by populartajo »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
Votecount

CoheedCambria09 (3) - Shepherd_of_Wolves, goborage, Amor

goborage (2) - Macavenger, Greasy Spot

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch! Deadline July 1st.
Can anyone unvote? Greasy is around and I dont want Coheed to be lynched yet.
Call me Tajo.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:13 pm

Unvote
just for your request, and to see Grease Speak. It will resume soon, unless we all will vote grease.

MOD
: Grease has said nothing with several requests. Will you please prod him.

Grease who is your choice, and why? Why do you play so anti town?
Show
Finished Modding

DNA Evidence

Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:55 am

1) The whole i dont wanna lynch without reason is either 1)me being stupid and 2)not sleeping much, i know its confusing, but i was going to hammer, just someone got there before me

2) I think I look better right now than, greasy, who has for the entire game been lurking, acting anti-town and not scum hunting at all. Like someone said hes acting so scummy that no one will think he's scum. But I'm gonna go ahead and vote him.

vote:GreasySpot
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Macavenger »

Do not like this retconning reasons and "oh god please look at anyone but me" from coheed. Definitely willing to hammer him now.

Reminder that deadline is in about 4 days now, so we need to make some kind of choice and hammer it soon. I still support either gobo or coheed lynches.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Currently doing a reread of the entire thread. I will post my thoughts shortly with explanations.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Well it's been a while since I've been here and I'm sorry for that.

I just went thru and read the entire thread. I want to say "GOOD JOB!" to Shepherd for his analysis on Day 1 and to Mac for his keen ability to locate scum and pick them apart in reference to Malthius.

Shepherd stated in post 140 his trifecta of Malthius, Darla, and Populartajo and gave very good reasons they are the scum. Macavenger fingered Malthius first and Darla defended him. Then Populartajo joined in defending them both.

Then at the start of day 2, after Malthius was confirmed scum, Populartajo still defends Darla but later in the day they are throwing each other under the bus pretty hard.

Day 3 comes along with more bussing from Populartajo and a little defending of Darla from goborage.

Now at Day 4 I this we should look at Shepherds track record. 2 of the 3 people he fingered on Day 1 are confirmed scum. The other being Populartajo. The only other person that has been defending Darla and Malthius was Goborage. So I think we should look heavily towards Populartajo and keep an eye on Goborage.

The only thing that blows this out of the water is if Shepherd has done some SERIOUS bussing this entire game which I don't think he has. If he has he deserves to win anyway.

I don't know if I believe goborage's doc claim or not. It could be possible but it is mighty convenient. Hovever I think we should honor Shepherd and go with his first pick today.

unvote
vote: Populartajo
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Macavenger »

OK, we're getting pretty close to deadline, and it's pretty clear no one else wants to lynch goborage today, so I'm going to go ahead and vote for coheed.

Unvote; Vote: coheed

Greasy - what makes you think populartajo's play Day 3 looks like bussing? Because it very much looks like not bussing to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”