Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Skruffs wrote:If you really want me to fully claim, you should unvote me, and I will do so. But I'm only going to fully claim if I have no votes on me, since oen of the cults could have up to three players in it.

That's...that's really silly. YOu really think a entire cult would out themsleves just to speedlynch you?

But fine, whatever,
unvote:Skruffs
Now, claim or die.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Skruffs »

You knowing that two people are cultists is one thing - knowing that they are in the same cult is something altogether. Both you and the silent speaker knew that Armlx was aioqwe's recruitor, and focussed entirely on them. Neither of you have tried to piece together who would have recruited Vollkan, yet.

Do you think it was me?

If you don't think I am the cult recruitor, you should not be going after me. You are not going after anyone BUT me, though, which suggests two things:

A) You are in the fuschia cult and are trying to find the serial killer.
or
B) You think I am the fuschia cult recruitor.

If you think I am the fuschia cult recruitor, then why is MNOWAX voting me today?
If I, as a cult recruitor, thought he was really a vig and had hit me, last night would have been the RIGHT time to recruit him- he would either have died and been revealed as a fraud, OR, I would have recruited him. Either way, he would not be going gung ho after me today, as he has for the last three days - including before he even claims to have vigged me.

Which I would expect you to think of before you tried to vote me.

So let's suggest that you don't think I am the fuschia cult recruitor. That means that you are IN the fuschia cult, and you think that I am the serial killer - which ties in with your response yesterday to my claim to be either the steadfast townie or the serial killer.

Here's a hint: Yesterday there was finally known evidence of two cults. That makes the serial killer the town's most easily dealt with problem and also their most powerful weapon to overcome the cult threat. Claiming to MAYBE be the serial killer makes perfect sense - it gives the serial killer (if I am not one) a fake claim as well - and gives town the chance to kill the cults. And you pushing at this like this suggests that you are in the fuschia cult.

For hte record, I am rooting for, of hte two cults, a cerulean win over a fuschia, an SK win over hte cults, and a town win over the SK, just because of the difficulty of each of those wins over the ones below it.

Yosarian2 - who do you think are in the fuschia cults? And why have you narrowed your list of 'looked at' people to only me?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Skruffs »

Again:
The cerulean cult claiming would help themselves immensely; they increase the chances they have of not losing today to a much greater chance, and forces the fuschia cult to become apparent simply by lack of being in the fuschia cult.

If the fuschian cult leader is not lynched today, EVERYONE ELSE loses.

MNOWAX, if you aren't fuschian cult, unvote me in your next post. I don't care if you are cerulean at this juncture - you can prove yourself tonight by targetting me 'again' - if I am scum and you are town then your second kill will go through, if you are not cult then you will have no excuse for not being able to kill me. Your ability to clear yourself after both cult leaders are dead should trump the gambit you are running right now, if you are town.If you unvote, I will fully claim and you can revote me again if you want. If you are going to continue to push a lynch on me, then I will assume you are fuschian and that you have a very good reason to vote me, and you are incriminating yourself for tomorrow because you know that you aren't really a vig.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Skruffs, you're completely missing the point here. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but I guess I'll spell it out for you.

THE SERIAL KILLER FAILED TO KILL LAST NIGHT.

Let me repeat that.

THE SERIAL KILLER FAILED TO KILL LAST NIGHT.

Now, are you starting to understand why I'm so intent on getting a full claim, both role and actions, out of someone who claimed yesterday that they "might" be the SK? If you're the SK, then that means you failed to kill last night, and probably means we REALLY need to find out who you targeted last night.

Besides which, in any case, it's pretty clearly in the best interests of the town to force the SK to claim today.

Anyway, I unvoted you. Didn't you promise you were going to claim if I did that, or were you just BSing me there?

Or, if you're a townie and can convince me of that, then we know mnowax is one of the cult members.

If you really are the SK, or if you're a townie, or if you were lying yesterday and are actually in the other cult, then you need to claim right now. Either way, you claiming is probably the best chance of us finding the other cult leader. So if you don't claim, I am going to have to assume you're the other cult leader, since that's the only situation where giving such a useless, ambiguas claim makes sense at this point, epsecally if you really think the other cult is so close to winning the game.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Skruffs »

I said I would fully claim when everyone unvoted. We're not on a deadline, I'm not stalling.

Yes, I agree that the sk failed to kill last night, whic means he had to have hit the cult.

If mnowax is cerulean cult trying to get me lynched to hide that he didn't actually vig me because he didn't, knowing that I am unrecruitable, then he has to put his own agenda aside because it is going to wind up with him losing if the fuschian cult piles up on me. If the fuschian cult is 3 strong, they can quick lynch me at this point no matter what I am, and win.

I will fully claim after his next post, wether he unvtes me or not. If he doesn't unvote me, I will take it as a fuschian cult member claim and fully claim anyways.

In the meanwhile: simmer down. I respect your urgency, and I hope you realize that the only reason I haven't claimed is because of the risk inherent with having that vote on me.

vote: thesilentspeaker

If you want to target scum, there you go.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Skruffs »

Does that sate you enough for now, yosarian2?

It will be funny if mnowax winds up losing for his team by trying to cover up after himself.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sure, I'll wait and see what mnowax has to say.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by Skruffs »

That's all?

No comment on who I am voting? No freaking out that I am voting for your recruuitor?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

The reason I had armlx pegged for a specific cult was who he was associating with and who appeared to be protecting him. By then we already knew what aioqwe was, so I placed armlx's group by matching it with him.

I actually did label a potential recruiter for vollkan, so your claim that I was "only focusing on aioqwe" is bogus. It is even more bogus becuase we now know the answer to the question of who recruited vollkan:
aioqwe (Replacing malthusis) (Fuschia Cultist, previously Townie) - lynched Day 3
vollkan (Replacing Ration) (Cerulean Cultist, previously Vigilante) - shot Night 4
<snip>
armlx (Cerulean Cult Leader) - lynched Day 5
Vote: Skruffs
and your friendly serial killer says you're welcome.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by SlySly »

Skruffs is still cult.

He is still most likely a CL.

vote: Skruffs
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by mnowax »

I AM POSITIVE that Skrufs is one of two things

He is a Cult Leader: in which he is a dead man by tomorrow morning regardless of what happens here.

He is a Serial Killer: in which he either hit the real cult leader, or decided not to shoot last night ( which would be stupid, especially when he is very close to dying as it is )

heres my idea. Skruffs, if you are a SK, you tell us who you attempted a NK on, and we lynch that person. If he comes up as CL we can deal in endgame for a joint win, ok? If he comes up SK, you're toast.

We got a deal?

UNvote
Sure one more time for fun.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by mnowax »

EBWODP: IF he comes up as anything other than CL, you die.

also if you are not SK, you are Liar and you die.

that is all. :)
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by SlySly »

Skruffs is not the SK, he is cult.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SlySly wrote:Skruffs is not the SK, he is cult.
Is that a counterclaim, slysly?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I replaced day two.

I was verbally suspicious of vikingfan -
vikingfan (Alarmist) - shot Night 2

I got into a fight with springlullaby day three over her lack of contribution:
springlullaby II (Replacing Hjallti (Replacing mypenguinkat)) (Steadfast Mason) - shot Night 3

Aioqwe tried to get me lynched in hsi place day four; I continued to fight with vollkan and mnowax. I decided to shoot vollkan after aioqwe turned up as cult - because of volkan's acivity earlier, as well as because if mnowax was the vig, i couldn't stop him from shooting me, and killing him would not help my own chances at end game since he had nnounced he would kill me before the day ended. I was fighting witih v ollkan extensively so I took him out.

vollkan (Replacing Ration) (Cerulean Cultist, previously Vigilante) - shot Night 4

Day five went through quickly:
Countering MNOWAXs claim with either SK or unrecruitable townie wound up putting doubt in MNOWAX's claim, which may have kept him from being recruited.
Yosarian2's actions towards aioqwe sugested he was cerulean as well, which left beep, slysly, and TSS. I couldn't shoot the actual townie, which seemed to be most likely slysly or yosarian, and beep had clainmed the cop, which means probably a recruit - plus she was one of the only people saying I was not cult yesterday, so I targetted TSS. I thought that the fuschia cult recruitor was either yos or sly sly, I wanted to actually kill a fuschian recruit to keep their numbers low, bu when TSS didin't die,i knew I had hit the actual recruitor.

If the fuschian cult has three, then there is no way we can lynch him today - and we can hope for a no lynch but no better. Mnowax can either target me and kill me tonight, or he can target Slysly, who has outed himself as TSS;'s recruit, or, he can target one of the cerulean recruits, knowing he would be recruited and not wanting to lose that way. Doesn't matter to me.

I intentionally targetted players that I had goten into fights with because I figured that the cult recruitor would counter claim e if it came to that situation.

If I wind up getting lynched, the fuschian mafia wins. I didn't want to claim ONLY because I thought there was a possibility that fuschian mafia was three strong and was trying to find the SK to enure their own win. If MNOWAX is really a vig, even he can't win without me, because even if he kills tonight he is recruited.

THe cerulean mafia, the real steadfast townie, and any remaining townies NEED to vote for TSS if they want a chance at winning. While outing myself basically ensures that I can not win, I have tried the entire game to shoot cultists - I genuinely rfer a loss to lynching from town to a loss by cult majority.

My guess is that It's TSS, SlySly, and possibly Beep! Beep! as fuschian. In that situation, if sly and beep won't vote their leader, we may be able to get a no-lynch compromise;
Mod: Does a recruit go through if the cult recruitor is nightkilled?

Mod: Does a no lynch require three or four votes in a 6 man end game?

SlySly soft claiming 'skruffs is cult' goes against beep! beep's claim yesterday that I wasn't scum, but her opinion has also changed of me, so I am thinking she was culted, which suggests that me claiming SK was actually the wrong choice.

Thank you for unvoting Mnowax, you restored my faith in you.

Note TSS's reaction to me voting him (claiming SK) and SS's reaction (saying I was not SK and voting me)
I hadn't claimed SK before then, I had only voted TSS. However, that told Sly Sly that I really was the SK, and he immediately countered; if he wasn't cult, though, he would not know that I was the SK vs cult.

I'll leave TSS to explain how it is more likely that he shot every person I got into an argument with as an SK with me as a recruitor than it is that I shot my own argumentors. If he can't do that, I will point out that I always, as SK, shoot the people that I argue most with. "Something wicked this way comes" is a recent game in which I was SK and I did the same thing.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by Skruffs »

For the record though, you guys, if I am reading the game right, kind of blundered into today. Outing the SK to find the cult recruitor he targetted does help the town if they survive the day, but in the situation we are likely in, if it outs the SK to the cult and they have 50% of the numbers, it ensures a cult win. I had hoped to have killed a fuschian cultist simply to keep the fuschia cult low; low enough to get them to out themselvse to go against hte ceruleans. I was 'unlucky' in hitting TSS as it gave them the chance to get that extra member they neede to have majority, which is unfortunate.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by mnowax »

the good news is that we have at least myself and one other person( ie you ) that are not recruited. that means at most 4 are cultists with one being the CL we kill. assuming we lynch the CL. The only thing we can hope for was that there was a steadfast townie in the game, and we can get the other cerulean up, townies can still win this.

I offer that we jointly win with SK, is that ok with you? and is that ok with anyone who is still a member with the town?

we have two kills tonight. We also need to know if there is a steadfast left in the crowd. there is almost no point into not admitting it right now, as we are so close to the end, and we are cerain the we have other CL.

Vote: TSS
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by SlySly »

Yosarian2 wrote: Is that a counterclaim, slysly?
I am the Inquisitor.

Here are my results so far.

Night 1 - my predecessor investigated Occult/Beep. result = not cult.
Night 2 - my predecessor investigated TSS. result = not cult.
Night 3 - I investigated Yosarian2. result = not cult.
Night 4 - I investigated Skruffs. result = cult.
Night 5 - I investigated mnowax. result = not cult.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by mnowax »

we could actually get him lynched if we force a deadline. the other three would have to vote for someone else at the same time, and we could try. i just hope that the cerulean cultist will go for it.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by Norinel »

Mod: Does a recruit go through if the cult recruitor is nightkilled?
Yes, as long as it'd go through otherwise.
Mod: Does a no lynch require three or four votes in a 6 man end game?
I'd say four as normal, but I don't allow lynches with less than majority at deadline during endgame anyway, so three people could force no-lynch by sticking with no-lynch. If a faction could force a win by doing so, they'd win.

Vote Count:

Skruffs- 2 (the silent speaker, SlySly)
the silent speaker- 2 (Skruffs, mnowax)

Not voting (2): Yosarian2, Beep! Beep!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Nice try, SlySly.
The cat's out of the bag, though.

This is from June 4th, which is a long time after you had investigated TSS and he came up as non-cult:
SlySly wrote:At this point in the game, lynching any scum is a good lynch. A recruit being lynched doesn't make it a certainty that someone else will be recruited in their place.

TSS, your suspicions of Beep and Yos are unfounded. If you keep pushing against them, I am going to think you are a recruit(er).
You already 'knew' that TSS couldn't possibly be a recruiter - there was no reason for you to put the (er) at the end of the sentence.

CKD was lynched day two - you later said your prime suspicion of me was because I didn't remove my vote from CKD after he claimed townie.

However, even with this post:
SlySly wrote:
aioqwe wrote:
SlySly wrote:THE CKD TRAIN AS SLYSLY SEES IT
curiouskarmadog (6) -
Yosarian2
Beep! Beep!
NabakovNabakov
Skruffs
aioqwe
armlx

no suspicion

seemingly pro-town

highly suspicious
Why me, why not skruffs?
As you can see in my list, I have you and Skruffs in the same category(highly suspicious). I could just as easily be voting for Skruffs.
You decided to investigate Tss night two,a nd not anyone on that wagon?

Your claim is weak, as is your cult. However, you claiming as you did suggests that town DOES have a chance - if your cult was three strong, you could have just steamrolled me without claiming at all. You need another vote.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I don't need to refute your claim, but I did it anyways. TSS does not have the ability to explain his kills like I do; his claim is purely out of self defense.

And, to refute TSS entirely:

DrippingGoofball (Townie) - shot Night 1

Blazerunner (Roleblocker) - shot Night 2
vikingfan (Alarmist) - shot Night 2

The vig in the game shot Blazerunner night 2. I shot vikingfan.
That means that the only person who could have shot DGB n1 was.. the serial killer.
And we all know that TSS was roleblocked night one.

He couldn't have shot DGB; he can not possibly be the serial killer.

He's the cult recruitor.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok.

-It looks like mnowax was town when he claimed he targeted Skruffs. He might still be town; his actions don't make a lot of sense as cult.

Looks like we have 2 real possibilities here.

-Skruffs is telling the truth and is SK, TSS is cult leader, SlySly is his recruit, and possibly the only one. (SlySly may or may not have origionally been the Inquisitor at the start of the game; dosn't really matter at this point, since Inquisitor is a recruitable role).

-SlySly is telling the truth and is still a pro-town inquisitor; between his claim and Mnowax's, that would mean Skruffs is the cult leader.

Ok, there's one easy way to solve this.

I WANT EVERYONE, RIGHT NOW, TO CLAIM SK OR NOT SK. IF THERE IS NO COUNTERCLAIM TO SKRUFF'S CLAIM, I WILL ASSUME HE IS TELLING THE TRUTH. IF I ASSUME THAT, THEN I WILL VOTE FOR TSS. SO IF YOU ARE THE SK AND YOU DO NOT CLAIM, RIGHT NOW, THEN THE WRONG GUY WILL GET LYNCHED AND SKRUFFS CULT WILL WIN. IF SKRUFFS IN NOT THE SK AND YOU ARE THE SK, THEN YOUR ONLY CHANCE OF NOT LOSING TODAY IS TO CLAIM SK, RIGHT NOW.

I am not the SK.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:05 am

Post by mnowax »

not SK
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:01 am

Post by SlySly »

Skruffs wrote: This is from June 4th, which is a long time after you had investigated TSS and he came up as non-cult:
I didn't investigate TSS, my predecessor did.
Skruffs wrote:
SlySly wrote: TSS, your suspicions of Beep and Yos are unfounded. If you keep pushing against them, I am going to think you are a recruit(er).
You already 'knew' that TSS couldn't possibly be a recruiter - there was no reason for you to put the (er) at the end of the sentence.
When I made that quote, I wasn't thinking about who my predecessor had investigated.
Skruffs wrote: However, even with this post:
SlySly wrote:
aioqwe wrote:
SlySly wrote:THE CKD TRAIN AS SLYSLY SEES IT
curiouskarmadog (6) -
Yosarian2
Beep! Beep!
NabakovNabakov
Skruffs
aioqwe
armlx

no suspicion

seemingly pro-town

highly suspicious
Why me, why not skruffs?
As you can see in my list, I have you and Skruffs in the same category(highly suspicious). I could just as easily be voting for Skruffs.
You decided to investigate Tss night two,a nd not anyone on that wagon?
My predecessor investigated TSS the night before. I investigate Yosarian2 who was on the wagon.
Skruffs wrote: Your claim is weak, as is your cult.
My claim is true. I'm not cult.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”