BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

God I feel really unhelpful right now. Just to let you guys know I have intense hell-week waterpolo practices each day this week, so I'm a little tired. My goal is to re-read destructor and Imat/Guardian again.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by destructor »

Bab, I don't understand what you're saying or what you think I'm saying.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:40 pm

The problem is going out and not being subtle here will help the scum right now.
It's very unfortunate that you don't understand. If you can, re-read your posts and what I said and try to understand again.

Also, did you ever re-read my giant posts over the night?
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:27 am

Post by ting =) »

bab wrote:Dude, we're 90% (arbitrary number) at LYLO. We lose if we mislynch. There's no second chances.
90% is too high. Most games with an sk only have 2 scum, which is what I'm expecting. I only mentioned lylo because it's a possibility, and it never hurts to be cautious.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still for a guardian lynch, but me focusing on him helps nothing. I'm more inclined to look at other players for the moment.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:16 am

Most games with an sk only have 2 scum
I don't want to try to out-guess the mod. We may have 1/2 scum left, and I'd rather proceed with caution.

Still if everyone else thinks (and if they're correct) we have 1 scum left, then we pretty much have a guaranteed way to win the game.

Prediction stuff next:

Wait a second. Let's assume for a momment that Guardian is scum. He would have only tried this gambit if there was another scum left since Guardian would be lynched after Destructor. So if Guardian is scum, I'm pretty certain we have another one left. Maybe I'm wrong.
Signature:
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:40 pm

Post by destructor »

I'm pretty sure we've got two scum left because of this:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:[Guardian] would have only tried this gambit if there was another scum left since Guardian would be lynched after Destructor.
I realise that the rest of the town can't be sure of that, but I'm just saying.
Bab wrote:The problem is going out and not being subtle here will help the scum right now.
It's very unfortunate that you don't understand. If you can, re-read your posts and what I said and try to understand again.
I still don't get it. If it's going to help scum, why bring it up?
Bab wrote:Also, did you ever re-read my giant posts over the night?
I didn't get around to reading them, no. Why do you ask? Do you think I should?

Also, this:
me wrote:Bab, if I recall correctly, you were one of those pushing a Guardian lynch hardest yesterday. Even if you say you're "so close in the middle", how is it that Guardian's tenuous claim somehow tips me above him?
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:31 am

Post by Sethaniel »

regarding massive's role: I thought this was supposed to be a mini normal? Is "a doctor who learns who targeted their night choice" a normal role?
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Matt_S »

Sethaniel wrote:regarding massive's role: I thought this was supposed to be a mini normal? Is "a doctor who learns who targeted their night choice" a normal role?
If it's just a watcher/doc combo like it sounds, then I think that's okay since both roles alone are viable.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:00 pm

I'm going to be gone with the next two weeks (21st-5th) but I worked it out with the mod, and I'm staying in the game. I posted in the mini-game queue for a temporary replacement, so hopefully you guys will get one.

If not, when I come back, I SWEAR I will spend about an hour looking at Guardian and Destructor and make a decision.
That's a promise.

Again, I'm sorry, stuff has caught up lately.
Signature:
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:33 am

Post by destructor »

Bab, when you get back, don't forget to answer my question.

About the Doc claim, no I don't think that's a very normal role to claim. But I also don't think that excuses dropping a hammer like Guardian did.
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Sethaniel »

Is bab thinking destructor is softclaiming something? That's all I can think of where : bab might think it would be beneficial to scum (if there are two left) for destructor to claim straight out.
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:41 am

Post by Talitha »

Let's have one on this page...

destructor (1)
- Guardian
Guardian (1)
- destructor

Not voting (4): BridgesandBaloons, Matt_S, Sethaniel, ting =)

4 votes to lynch.

As B&B has mentioned, he's away on vacation and probably will not have internet access for 2 weeks. No luck getting a temp replacement yet. But you guys are all wonderful and have displayed super-awesome patience during the game so far... so if everyone is happy to just wait for B&B to get back, then I am happy too. Feel free to keep playing/posting/voting without him, but I won't be strict about participation over the next couple of weeks.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:46 am

Post by ting =) »

I think I'll wait for everyone to come back before doing anything. It's obvious that today's lynch should be either guardian or destructor. We should wait till guardian is around.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I'm still here, but I can't think of anything to add. I think a Guardian lynch has a better expected outcome.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Guardian »

I am still on vacation, but got internet access and figured I'd say hi.

Only a page to catch up on...

It seems people are starting to think I should be lynched based on expected utility.

That doesn't make a lot of sense, because you are saying if I am town, probably only one scum, if I am scum, probably two scum.

If it is possible that there are two scum, as you are asserting, what if I am really a tracker and there are two scum left? Lynching me loses the game.

Lynching me based off of half thought through assumptions about whether there are two or one scum left is not a great idea. We should instead lynch destructor.

I don't know if I have time to quote things and respond to them. After checking in all my games, and my personal e-mail, if I still have computer time I'll do that.

Summary:
I'm town, lynch destructor.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Matt_S »

I believe that lynching destructor is more likely to end up as a loss. Lynching you first makes sense to me.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Guardian »

Matt_S wrote:I believe that lynching destructor is more likely to end up as a loss. Lynching you first makes sense to me.
why, other than expected outcome?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Guardian »

Also, in re-reading, I don't see that much to respond to except what destructor wrote... and I don't really see a reason to respond to him as I don't have to convince HIM of anything, he knows he's lying scum.

If there's anything you guys want me to respond to or explain let me know. Otherwise just let's get on with lynching destructor.
Do not lynch me.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Matt_S »

Guardian wrote:
Matt_S wrote:I believe that lynching destructor is more likely to end up as a loss. Lynching you first makes sense to me.
Why is using expected outcome bad? I don't see that great of a difference between your scumminess, so the guy whose lynch appears to have better odds of leading to a win should be lynched.

Guardian, why did you target destructor anyways?

I'm going to request a mass claim here, but first I'd like people's opinions.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Guardian »

Matt_S wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Why is using expected outcome bad? I don't see that great of a difference between your scumminess, so the guy whose lynch appears to have better odds of leading to a win should be lynched.
Guardian wrote: It seems people are starting to think I should be lynched based on expected utility.

That doesn't make a lot of sense, because you are saying if I am town, probably only one scum, if I am scum, probably two scum.

If it is possible that there are two scum, as you are asserting, what if I am really a tracker and there are two scum left? Lynching me loses the game.

Lynching me based off of half thought through assumptions about whether there are two or one scum left is not a great idea. We should instead lynch destructor.
Matt_S wrote:Guardian, why did you target destructor anyways?
Guardian wrote:
With investigative roles, I make it a habit of targeting players I am least sure of.

If I got destructor 'did something', that would change my outlook. Seeing Sethaniel or ting=) do something wouldn't really change my actions much -- so why target them?
I'm pretty flabbergasted that you are planning to lynch me and haven't seen that I responded to both these points already.

Matt_S wrote:I'm going to request a mass claim here, but first I'd like people's opinions.
This is not a bad suggestion.
Do not lynch me.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Matt_S »

Guardian wrote:I'm pretty flabbergasted that you are planning to lynch me and haven't seen that I responded to both these points already.
I missed the thing about investigating people, but I've already seen your speech about how optimizing the chance of winning is apparently bad. You haven't said that I've miscalculated the expected outcomes, just that I shouldn't. That doesn't make sense. So can you give any links to support your investigating habits?
Show

(2) think very hard;
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by ting =) »

Is everyone back from holiday yet?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:10 pm

Post by destructor »

Everyone but Bab.

Guardian, just because you don't have to convince me doesn't mean others won't learn something from your responses to my posts. You're obviously avoiding answering them.
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:11 am

Post by Sethaniel »

If we really are down to only one scum, then I'm okay with a massclaim.

Who do we let decide the order of claiming, if we go for it?
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:31 am

Post by ting =) »

I think the people under most suspicion should claim first. If they go last, they can plan their claim. Since there's no agreement on who is actually the most suspicious, I propose the people with votes on them/under attack claim first.

If no one disagrees, I think those are guardian, destructor and you Seth.

I think we should wait for bab though.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”