Normal 222: Black Versus White Mafia (Endgame)

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by The Fonz »

SS, claim immediately. We've massclaimed and you're the last one outstanding.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:32 pm

Post by Chickadee »

We have indeed mass claimed, this isn't a replace-in trick
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Yeah, I saw :P

I'm a macho tracker enabler.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:36 pm

Don't really get why the massclaim was done so soon, but ok.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

The game was dead and we were confused by 20 things including a potential mod error
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Darth Baker
Darth Baker
Townie
Darth Baker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:33 am

Post by Darth Baker »

I sense something, a presence I have not felt since...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:41 am

In post 402, Almost50 wrote:I was in a game where a Mafioso claimed to be Informed out of the gate. They either claimed scum had a Strongman or a Ninja ability (I don't remember which). Scum did have two of them in fact iirc (either 2 Strongman roles or 2 NinJa roles).
Oh hey, I modded this game. It was two strongmen, and the guy who claimed it was one of them. He got caught because his dayplay was awful, but I actually was really impressed by that claim.

There's also the time that Boon claimed informed miller as scum.
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Mumble »

Prod received.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:20 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 1453, Rick Dalton wrote:
In post 1452, PMysterious wrote:Keep in mind, you said you were visitor in this post. Now, regardless if VD is Ascetic or not, there's no way to confirm his claim that he killed ethos, the only reason you claimed Tracker would be to get some information out of him that he wouldn't otherwise give. Now the Scum KNOW that VD can not be bodyguarded or saved by a doctor, information that he wouldn't have given otherwise. On top of that, he hasn't even used his JK 1-shot according to his claim, which could be lost if not used tonight. You basically put a bullet on VD's head by forcing out the claim.
This is also incorrect.

He already claimed, I had no way of knowing he had more to his role.

Wanna know how this is a perspective slip?

You specifically stated that I put a bullet on his head, implying that you know I’m not scum because it isn’t a bullet on him if I’m scum, it would be me outing a role, one which I would have had zero way of knowing he had anything else.

The track comment on Ethos is something he had already claimed.

You scum slipped in this post by implying that I am town, which proves your post is you pushing a mislynch on me not pushing me as scum.
I said you put a bullet on his head, because again, anyone in the Mafia can perform the Night Kill. So by pulling out the Ascetic, the scum team now can kill him, and since you have the Tracker asking you to prove your claim, you can literally do ANYTHING ELSE and the rest of the scum will not be tracked. You can for instance, be a Mafia tracker, and you can move around, not performing the Night Kill, and giving a result to the Tracker that you visited someone.
In post 1454, Rick Dalton wrote:
In post 1452, PMysterious wrote:I want to ask, yes, it was your second post, but why. Why did you put that out there at all? There is legitimately NO REASON to put out there that Scum has a Ninja on the first day of the game.

Yet you said it with confidence, that is why I'm thinking you are the Ninja. Yes, it may only be the second post, but for what reason would you even think that Scum has a Ninja, if say, you are the visitor.
False.

I always put my Informed early on, that’s common etiquette.

I also have enough clout on site where I can true claim something like that and people think it’s not.

Almost50 and I real claimed masons in a gamenwhere we masons and nobody believed us because of the style of game we play.

This is yet another incorrect post.

I said it with confidence because it’s my role.

Actually, there’s not a single situation where I don’t say that with confidence, so this is just an entirely irrelevant case.

And also, if you think i’m The ninja, then why did the push on me start after I brought up Chickadee could confirm me?

You don’t want me as confirmed town, so you had to push me.
This is implying that I am scum, which I'm not. The claim was brought up not because of the timing, but because of the inconsistencies that were brought up. Claiming to be Tracker, then claiming Visitor as soon as Vault claimed he was Ascetic, and as mentioned later on, you claimed Tracker on Day 1, bringing another issue. The Informed, I'll get to another case.
In post 1455, Rick Dalton wrote:That’s actually the main reason why you’re scum here.

I’m literally able to become confirmed town after tonight and you’re pushing me after the way that got brought up immediately after.
Again, it wasn't a timing issue. It was an inconsistency issue.
In post 1457, Rick Dalton wrote:You act like I’m “assuming” there are ninjas when I straight up know, because it’s part of my role that tells me.

Do you not know what Informed means?
Admittedly, I had to look it up, but being Informed AND having another Power Role is a rather slippery slope. Keep in mind you initially claimed Tracker, which if we are to assume you are, being a Tracker that's informed of Ninjas is basically two investigative things at once.
In post 1458, Rick Dalton wrote:I’m also the most consistent scum player on site where I’m known for having everything line up perfectly and never having anything that doesn’t add up, so that push is terrible too.

There’s also zero scum flipped in this game on whatever day this is we’re on, which means if I were scum, I would have an entire team able to make sure that all the tracks are covered, which proves your crap reasoning incorrect again.
This is based on your past play. For all we know, you could be saying this to just get people off of your case. However, it is entirely possible to change your playstyle if you need to.
In post 1460, Rick Dalton wrote:I also claimed Tracker Day 1.

So literally your entire post is flat out wrong and misrepping.
It's not necessarily wrong. You claimed Tracker, then you later claimed Visitor when you found out you couldn't get a result on Vault because of his Ascetic. So, that makes it even worse. You back pedaled on a claim that you made 2 in game days before this event. Also, if you made the claim of Tracker on Day 1, then how come the Mafia has never killed you yet, regardless if there are Ninjas in the game or not? Considering that you claimed Tracker on Night 1, then why did you not check anyone on Night 1? If you were Visitor, okay, whatever, but as TRACKER!? You could have easily proven someone innocent on Night 1, yet you didn't. So, what was even the point of claiming Tracker at all when you wouldn't even use the Tracker's abilities on the night after? If you are Town, then why did you mislead everyone into thinking you were Tracker? If you are Tracker, then why did you not use your ability on the first night, even if there were Ninjas?

There are so many issues with your Tracker claim and when you realized that, you backpedaled into Visitor. The way you would be informed of a Ninja, is if either you are a Ninja or if your partner is a Ninja. My problem is the fact that everything here is inconsistent, and you have given no reason for your claims to be trustworthy. I called you an enigma earlier, and this is why. There is no way I can trust your words, because you've given no reason for me to do so. All I ask is a reason to trust you now, and not later.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:23 am

Post by The Fonz »

I have fairly extensive thoughts coming soon. First, I want Rick to put his justification for not acting night one on record.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:23 am

In post 1483, PMysterious wrote:There are so many issues with your Tracker claim and when you realized that, you backpedaled into Visitor.
Do you think that the tracker claim was meant to be a serious claim?
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:20 am

Post by Chickadee »

I don't really want to check Rick tonight for reasons. But we can talk about it after he comes in and says why he didn't act N1.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Rick Dalton
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:23 am

Post by Rick Dalton »

I’m a visitor. It was a mix of “oh, I’ll get to it before the night, and not really caring who i target”.

So it was like subconsciously active of me not acting, but it probably looked like i forgot to send it in.

My role is literally there for false positives.
This right here’s my stunt double, Cliff Booth

Town: 1 w, 0 L
Scum: 2 w, 0 L
Rick Dalton
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:25 am

Post by Rick Dalton »

In post 1483, PMysterious wrote:being Informed AND having another Power Role is a rather slippery slope. Keep in mind you initially claimed Tracker, which if we are to assume you are, being a Tracker that's informed of Ninjas is basically two investigative things at once.
All this makes anything you say irrelevant, tbh.

Informed is usually with a PR, usually a lot more than just visitor.

Also, i had this claim before, and you pushed Fonz for pushing at me. This is a load of crap.

Something Smart here can confirm that I claim all the time like that as town, and he should be able to see I’m town at this point.

Rick Dalton
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Rick Dalton »

In post 1483, PMysterious wrote:My problem is the fact that everything here is inconsistent,

Stop being surface level. This is what confirms me as town.

I’m the most consistent scum player on site.

Rick Dalton
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:28 am

Post by Rick Dalton »

In post 1474, Something_Smart wrote:So I gather that Boon claimed tracker who tracked someone who then claimed ascetic, causing him to backpedal into the visitor claim.

If he thought the claim would be taken seriously, then he's scum. If not, it's NAI.
I backpedaled immediately after VD posted because it was a VD reaction test.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:45 am

Why reaction test a vig claim?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:49 am

In post 1488, Rick Dalton wrote:Something Smart here can confirm that I claim all the time like that as town
Yes.
and he should be able to see I’m town at this point.
No.

I don't think you could have reasonably expected that tracker claim to be believed, meaning it was just a dumb Boon gambit and not indicative of your alignment.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1477, Something_Smart wrote:Yeah, I saw :P

I'm a macho tracker enabler.
*Sigh*

The good news is Chicka's confirmed. The bad news is she's effectively a VT. :facepalm:

And my VT claim stands, but I'm completely lost. Visitor is the Miller for the Tracker, but we also have an Ascetic and 2 Commuters. That doesn't look likely to me. It thus follows there's one scum in VD/RD.

Next, we have a whole lot of VT claims and a Vanilla Cop, so it looks like the rest of the Mafia are Goons.

I think Mumble should be on Chicka tonight with his BG shot (at least I hope he is reading the thread).

I cannot decide whether RD made that move as scum trying to confirm himself or as town who tried to gambit and scum RD saw the opportunity to mislynch him.

I am leaning the former though, because if I was scum I'd know RD was BS'ing so I would let him cause more havoc to town. I also have doubts about Town!RD doing this when he claims to have been informed scum are Ninja (or rather have a Ninja modifier?).

I am contemplating with the idea of voting RD here. Can anyone talk me out of it?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

And if you want to lynch outside of the RD/VD pool I'd go for Croag >> Darth for now, but I want to make sure everyone sees that VD/RD having one scum between them is more likely than not.. unless RD town!bluffed and VD town!reacted and then we can all blame Boons for the loss here!

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 am

In post 1493, Almost50 wrote:I cannot decide whether RD made that move as scum trying to confirm himself or as town who tried to gambit and scum RD saw the opportunity to mislynch him.
I mean if he's scum his team has a ninja which means he must have known there was a tracker. I hardly think he'd make that claim and have it be serious.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

@S_S: Had I been in your shoes I'd have claimed something useless but likely town. I dunno.. Nurse would have been a good one. There is no Doctor, so you are just a named townie, which explains why the VC gets a Not Vanilla on you, but you imply there is a Doctor among the VT claims, so it confuses the Mafia. I get that it could still make you a target for the NK, but not as high as a Tracker Enabler for sure. I also considered PGO but that almost always gets lynched before LyLo.

P-edit: And he did it to draw the CC??? Why not that?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

Like, if the whole team is Goons it is reasonable to assume Tracker is the strongest role we have

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

And who better than FL to fake claim and can get away with it?

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:16 am

In post 1496, Almost50 wrote:And he did it to draw the CC??? Why not that?
Well yeah, that's what I'm thinking about. That seems to be the most obvious scum motivation for it.

That seems like a super weak play, though. Like, if they do have a ninja, what are they so scared of a tracker for?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”