Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5750 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5735, popsofctown wrote:S_S vote scum with me.
If you're trying to argue that mastina's actions don't make sense from a normal town perspective, and that's why she's scum, I'm gonna have to stop you there.

The thing you complained about is just a mastina way of saying "I'm going to be towny."
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5751 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:56 am

Post by the worst »

In post 5747, Dannflor wrote:
In post 5742, the worst wrote:yeah

pedit: every time I try and post I get pedited like 3-5 times
I've been wanting to jam reads with you but it's hard to get your attention in this thread and maintain a conversation
who do you wanna jam about? what were Chickadee's strongest dying reads?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5752 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:57 am

Post by mastina »

In post 5706, popsofctown wrote:
In post 5698, mastina wrote:
In post 5630, the worst wrote:she's on a precipice where she should be able to obvtown very fucking quickly.
I was playing in a way where on D1 I wanted it to be that when I flipped N1 people would wonder if I was Pine's nightkill target or if I pulled off a successful protection--I, personally, would know it was the latter.
Is this a perspective scum-slip????
Why would you go out of your way to obscure information from town when that information is 24/7 Library of Congress available to scum???
And how, pray tell, with me dead N1, would I be able to tell people on D2 that I had made a successful save and was never going to be Pine's nightkill?

How, pray tell, could I tell people D1 that my death N1 was due to me being a bodyguard, without me giving away that I am a bodyguard?

This isn't something I
could
tell the town about.

The town would have to guess--and I wanted to play competently enough that it would in fact BE them guessing. I wanted to leave an obvious 'crumb so that they could tell who I protected, so if they assumed I died via protection, they'd know Ank was conftown; I wanted to be obvtown enough so that if they thought I was just outright nightkilled, in spite of me having died protecting Ank, they'd follow my reads, among them that Ank was town.

I wanted to be competent enough so that people would follow me after my death, sheep my reads and whatnot, in spite of the cause of my death not being the nightkill but rather a successful protection. To be town enough that it was plausible that Pine killed me, so people would listen to me after my death, even though I'd know it was due to a protection--and if people did figure it out, figure it was a protection, that they'd be able to tell that my one and only breadcrumb was breadcrumbing behind Ankamius, my second-strongest townread. (I literally said, "Vig is not the night action you use on Ank N1." The implication being that I'd use my REAL role on her rather than my obvious fakeclaim role on her N1. It didn't get more obvious than that.)
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #5753 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:58 am

Post by Pine »

In post 5749, Pine wrote:
In post 5743, Menalque wrote:
jingle, does hider act before bodyguard in the NAR order?
Doesn’t matter. Bodyguard protects from kill attempts. Neither dying from the Weak modifier nor as a Hider side-effect is an external kill attempt.
Also, YES, Hider goes before everything but Copy actions according to NAR
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5754 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:58 am

In post 5746, Something_Smart wrote:No. Hider is immune to all actions when hiding. This is on the wiki.
No wait, apparently I'm crazy. Coulda sworn that was the way it was. :oops:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5755 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Dannflor »

The last reads Chicka gave me in the neighborhood were town reads on: the worst, Aristophanes, Mastina

Scum reads: SS, Titus, Gamma
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5756 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:00 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 5751, the worst wrote:
In post 5747, Dannflor wrote:
In post 5742, the worst wrote:yeah

pedit: every time I try and post I get pedited like 3-5 times
I've been wanting to jam reads with you but it's hard to get your attention in this thread and maintain a conversation
who do you wanna jam about? what were Chickadee's strongest dying reads?
Why did you change your mind on Ari?

also I'm dying to know if I got the answer to ur question about difference between ur play here and Undertale correct
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5757 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:01 am

Post by mastina »

In post 5734, Something_Smart wrote:
It's normal now just follow the normal guidelines for crying out loud
He did.
Ankamius was a Weak Hider.
The version of Hider Jingle used was the Normal version, just with the Weak modifier attached.

The Normal version of Hider dies if hiding behind someone who dies during the night, and is immune to the nightkill otherwise.
The Normal version of Hider does not make the Hider immune to all night actions.
The Normal version of Hider does not die if hiding behind scum--it requires the Weak modifier to have that effect, and this game Jingle included said Weak modifier.

Ankamius's role would be passed in a Normal review because it meets the requirements and standard definition of what the Normal Hider is.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5758 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 5752, mastina wrote:
In post 5706, popsofctown wrote:
In post 5698, mastina wrote:
In post 5630, the worst wrote:she's on a precipice where she should be able to obvtown very fucking quickly.
I was playing in a way where on D1 I wanted it to be that when I flipped N1 people would wonder if I was Pine's nightkill target or if I pulled off a successful protection--I, personally, would know it was the latter.
Is this a perspective scum-slip????
Why would you go out of your way to obscure information from town when that information is 24/7 Library of Congress available to scum???
And how, pray tell, with me dead N1, would I be able to tell people on D2 that I had made a successful save and was never going to be Pine's nightkill?

How, pray tell, could I tell people D1 that my death N1 was due to me being a bodyguard, without me giving away that I am a bodyguard?

This isn't something I
could
tell the town about.

The town would have to guess--and I wanted to play competently enough that it would in fact BE them guessing. I wanted to leave an obvious 'crumb so that they could tell who I protected, so if they assumed I died via protection, they'd know Ank was conftown; I wanted to be obvtown enough so that if they thought I was just outright nightkilled, in spite of me having died protecting Ank, they'd follow my reads, among them that Ank was town.

I wanted to be competent enough so that people would follow me after my death, sheep my reads and whatnot, in spite of the cause of my death not being the nightkill but rather a successful protection. To be town enough that it was plausible that Pine killed me, so people would listen to me after my death, even though I'd know it was due to a protection--and if people did figure it out, figure it was a protection, that they'd be able to tell that my one and only breadcrumb was breadcrumbing behind Ankamius, my second-strongest townread. (I literally said, "Vig is not the night action you use on Ank N1." The implication being that I'd use my REAL role on her rather than my obvious fakeclaim role on her N1. It didn't get more obvious than that.)
You've explained in this post how the correct, pro-town stance, is, "I wanted to play in such a way that when I turned up dead N1, everyone would be positive that I was not the nightkill target Pine selected, but instead the target I crumbed was, clearing them".
You scumslipped "I wanted to play in such a way that when I turned up dead N1, everyone would be unsure whether I was directly night killed or Pine nightkilled the target I crumbed, half-clearing them."
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5759 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

this is why this shit is scummy S_S, she wants half the clearing effect for herself in her dead lifeless corpse wtf
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5760 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yes both alignments want to look townie WHILE THEY ARE ALIVE
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5761 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

IF YOU SCUMREAD ME AFTER I GET NK'ED I AM 100% OK WITH THAT EVEN IF I QUESTION YOUR LIFE CHOICES
"Well, I..."
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5762 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:04 am

Post by the worst »

In post 5755, Dannflor wrote:The last reads Chicka gave me in the neighborhood were town reads on: the worst, Aristophanes, Mastina

Scum reads: SS, Titus, Gamma
Spicy. How much did she give on the Ari/mastina townreads? And how do you feel about her reads in general?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5763 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:06 am

In post 5757, mastina wrote:He did.
I know, I'm a dipshit. Ignore me.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5764 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:06 am

Post by Dannflor »

Read on Ari?

I'm sort of alone in town reading him and maybe I need a sanity check
No, I town read him too. Have for a while.
that was the extent of that convo :/

I'm sad she died because she about to start doing some more solving in the thread but didn't get around to it.

I mostly agreed with her reads at the time, although I'm starting to rethink some of my stale D1 reads
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5765 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:06 am

Post by mastina »

I mean to oversimplify:
The list you see on the NAR page only applies if there is a conflict in role PMs.
There isn't conflict.
My bodyguard isn't "saves someone if they were to die", it's "saves someone if they were to be nightkilled". The distinction between the former and the latter is that the former protects against multiple methods of death whereas the latter only protects against the scum nightkill and the vig kill. I could not save Ank unless she were the target of the nightkill.

Ank's hider is straight-up "you die if you hide behind scum or someone who is nightkilled"; this death can't be saved.

But if you were to invoke the NAR list...
NAR page wrote:Copy
Hide

Bus Drive
Block
Redirect
Protect

Miscellaneous
Kill
Recruit
Inspect
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5766 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 5745, Dannflor wrote:hey menalque I have a question from a while back that was bothering me
In post 4882, Menalque wrote:I think dann is the least scummy, but I don’t like his interactions with the others. I also feel like he could be TMIing with his read on me as town. Like, he’s getting it right, but idk if he’s playing up how strong the indicators are for town!me to hide the fact he knows I’m town and has also maybe been trying to pocket me
could you elaborate on this read on me a little more?

We just played a game where I accurately town read you when I feel quite a few players thought you were scummy. Your play seems similar here

I'm not sure how we get from there to I'm trying to pocket you, which honestly, what do I gain from pocketing you?
I can try to remember, but we've moved on a lot from there and you're not really on my radar atm.

Basically, several people (incl. now 2 conf!town) have SR me during the game. I felt like I hadn't done a lot that was particularly AI at the beginning of the game, but I think I was a TR/TL for you and that just felt a little early for me. I still don't like the duck, I was wrong on chicka, and Krazy idk, he's disappeared. But while I was wondering if you could all be a bloc of scum, I was thinking it would make sense for some people to push me/undermine me, but have one person TR me in case associatives came up later ("oh no, we weren't all on the same page -- look, dan was TR mena here while I/we SR him!")

Now, I think that was mistaken -- I think scum probably save me to try and push my mislynch later game.

I can't remember exactly what I didn't like about the interactions. If you're struggling with a read on me, I'll consider going back to look and figuring it out, but honestly it's a big game and I'd rather avoid doing that.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #5767 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:09 am

Post by Alisae »

WHY THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE ASKIGN FOR FRUIT WHILE I’M ASLEEP
GTKAS
| here.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #5768 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:09 am

Post by Pine »

Mastina

Stop repeating what I just said.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5769 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 5765, mastina wrote:
I mean to oversimplify:
The list you see on the NAR page only applies if there is a conflict in role PMs.
There isn't conflict.
My bodyguard isn't "saves someone if they were to die", it's "saves someone if they were to be nightkilled". The distinction between the former and the latter is that the former protects against multiple methods of death whereas the latter only protects against the scum nightkill and the vig kill. I could not save Ank unless she were the target of the nightkill.

Ank's hider is straight-up "you die if you hide behind scum or someone who is nightkilled"; this death can't be saved.

But if you were to invoke the NAR list...
NAR page wrote:Copy
Hide

Bus Drive
Block
Redirect
Protect

Miscellaneous
Kill
Recruit
Inspect
yeah, cool, this is kinda what I wanted to check before I started to tentatively TR you. so your power would basically only ever apply to ank if she hadn't used her power, and that's super unlikely, so your BG never activated.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5770 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 5768, Pine wrote:Mastina

Stop repeating what I just said.
I mean, I appreciate it because afaik you're only sworn to tell the truth when it comes to fruit and there's no reason you wouldn't mislead me when it comes to NAR mechanics?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #5771 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:12 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 5662, Firebringer wrote:
Listen to me right now.

If we don't lynch in my scumreads this day, I am going to govern it.
That means if you decide to lynch me, SS, ari or someone else that I don't want lynched. I am governing it. Today.

Don't waste your vote. Vote someone else.
yeah fuck you you scumsiding piece of shit
GTKAS
| here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5772 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:13 am

Post by the worst »

In post 5764, Dannflor wrote:
Read on Ari?

I'm sort of alone in town reading him and maybe I need a sanity check
No, I town read him too. Have for a while.
that was the extent of that convo :/

I'm sad she died because she about to start doing some more solving in the thread but didn't get around to it.

I mostly agreed with her reads at the time, although I'm starting to rethink some of my stale D1 reads
why have you been reaching out to me for read talks at the exclusion of your neighbour?

which reads are you rethinking?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #5773 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:13 am

Post by Alisae »

Like I don’t give a shit Fire
If you’re tempted to just shit on me the whole day phase because you think you’re so much more important

Then go fuck yourself
GTKAS
| here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5774 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:14 am

Post by the worst »

I was just wondering whether to apologise to Menalque but I don't feel all that bad anymore

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”