Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:48 am

Post by kuribo »

q21 wrote:Right. Now I'm REALLY confused.
Maybe you're disappointed that he came back after you had him NK'd?
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:35 am

Post by q21 »

Maybe I am. Also, maybe I saw his post, thought that he'd been killed and then misread the OP... where he is listed as dead... I missed the bit where he's also listed as alive.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:45 am

Post by Lowell »

q21 has impressed me more than empking D2, I'm sticking with empking as the likely scum. I'm also not ruling out the "dcorbe bussing" theory q21 brings up.

To answer someone's question, I have C09 pegged as town because his post about the mod claiming for EA is just... TOO naive... he's clearly someone who doesn't understand how the game works (which is fine, I don't mean to needlessly bash him here), and particularly how CLAIMS work. While a newbie could be scum or town, I think a newbie scum wouldn't have said something like that, KNOWING that he was referring to his scumpartner.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:28 am

Post by kuribo »

q21 wrote:Maybe I am. Also, maybe I saw his post, thought that he'd been killed and then misread the OP... where he is listed as dead... I missed the bit where he's also listed as alive.
Okay, a fair enough explanation.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:01 am

Post by massive »

kuribo
: Can you please show us where you "kept up the pressure" on EA after calling him out on his slip-up? After an initial exchange with EA about it, I see you then moving on to the q21/dcorbe argument and then saying that you aren't comfortable with how EA got five votes in three days. You say you wouldn't be comfortable with his lynch and that you claim that your "calling out" isn't necessarily even saying he's scum. Even after he asks to be replaced, you state your displeasure and think it a likely scum tell, but still you don't vote.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:26 am

Post by starkmoon »

[col color=white]Player[col color=white]Votes[col color=white]Voting [col color=white]Empking[col color=white]3[col color=white]Lowell, Cephrir, roflcopter [col color=white]Cybele[col color=white]1[col color=white]dcorbe [col color=white]kuribo[col color=white]1[col color=white]massive [col color=white]dcorbe[col color=white]1[col color=white]q21

[col color=white]Not Voting : [col color=white] CC09, Cybele, Empking, kuribo
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Empking »

Please can you give me something more that just I need to explain.

We are not just one hive mind, as a member of the town I shouldn't just follow the bandwagon, I should write what I think is best for the town. Yes, I didn't go on the bandwagon. I feel that jumping ship is a bigger scum tell then presuming that their are three scum.

Yesterday I would've been torn between Dcorbe or Kuribo. But after reading through the thread last night I'm going to go for.

Vote: Kuribo
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:36 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

I'm here, I need to do a reread then a post will be coming
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:38 am

Post by kuribo »

massive wrote:
kuribo
: Can you please show us where you "kept up the pressure" on EA after calling him out on his slip-up? After an initial exchange with EA about it, I see you then moving on to the q21/dcorbe argument and then saying that you aren't comfortable with how EA got five votes in three days. You say you wouldn't be comfortable with his lynch and that you claim that your "calling out" isn't necessarily even saying he's scum. Even after he asks to be replaced, you state your displeasure and think it a likely scum tell, but still you don't vote.

Post 49, Post 74, 75, 86, 91, 109.

And Empking, your opportunism is noted.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:39 am

Post by kuribo »

massive wrote:
kuribo
Oh, and as I recall, I several times explained that I didn't think a quicklynch was in order. So you're not going to back me into a corner for my lack of a vote--- I stand by it.

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:08 am

Post by massive »

I'm not saying you promised to vote and then didn't. I'm trying to figure out WHY you never voted. Call it 20/20 hindsight, but thanks to EA being scum, it certainly bears investigation.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:11 am

Post by kuribo »

massive wrote:I'm not saying you promised to vote and then didn't. I'm trying to figure out WHY you never voted. Call it 20/20 hindsight, but thanks to EA being scum, it certainly bears investigation.
But I explained why at the time of not voting, and again a few minutes ago, and you still haven't figured it out for you.

Know what else bears investigation? The people who said that the "Three Scum" thing wasn't a scumtell.

I know this goes into WIFOM territory, but come off it--- if I was scum, there'd be absolutely no reason for me to point out the slip in the first place, nor to keep pushing him about it.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Empking »

The three scum thing isn't a scum tell. We got lucky.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:45 am

Post by kuribo »

Empking wrote:The three scum thing isn't a scum tell. We got lucky.
Vote: Empking
I've seen enough.

starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:58 am

Post by starkmoon »

[col color=white]Player[col color=white]Votes[col color=white]Voting [col color=white]Empking[col color=white]4[col color=white]Lowell, Cephrir, roflcopter, kuribo [col color=white]Cybele[col color=white]1[col color=white]dcorbe [col color=white]kuribo[col color=white]2[col color=white]massive, empking [col color=white]dcorbe[col color=white]1[col color=white]q21

[col color=white]Not Voting : [col color=white] CC09, Cybele

10 alive, 6 to lynch
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:23 am

Post by roflcopter »

well i am loving my empking vote.

i'm in agreement with the people who have said that q21 is looking good in this most recent exchange with dcorbe, but i have a hard time believing that dcorbe was bussing erratus. he tried too hard to get him lynched. the only thing that makes it a possibility is the late switch to q21 when the erratus wagon was still steaming along.

i can't entirely discount the chainsaw defense from q (which is, indeed, defending somebody by the act of attacking their attacker, and which from what i've seen and read is a very reliable scum indicator when the person being defended flips scum), but for now he's not so high on my radar anymore.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:51 am

Post by massive »

There was no danger of a quicklynch when you pointed out the scumtell. One (?) person was voting for EA and it was someone who had already, indirectly, pointed out the scumtell. So really you didn't even point it out in the first place. That was dcorbe. (Although he called it "breadcrumming" (sic).)
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:47 am

Post by kuribo »

massive wrote:There was no danger of a quicklynch when you pointed out the scumtell. One (?) person was voting for EA and it was someone who had already, indirectly, pointed out the scumtell. So really you didn't even point it out in the first place. That was dcorbe. (Although he called it "breadcrumming" (sic).)
He gave no indication he was referring to that specific quote until I mentioned it.

Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by Cybele »

dcorbe wrote:
massive wrote:
dcorbe
: Can you explain how you went from "wait for his replacement" to "I'll hammer him" (even though you didn't) to "maybe his replacement can claim" in regards to your opinion about Erratus in the span of about twenty hours?
I decided Lowell had a good point. As I indicated I've replaced into similar situations before. I thought about it some and I was sure that he was scum so I decided it wouldn't be fair to someone coming it to try and defend themselves or to come into the game only to claim.
Cephrir wrote: FoWhatIsWrongWithYou: dcorbe because I think it's pretty obvious that EA is not breadcrumbing, and exiting the random voting stage is not anti-scumhunting. Your posts are really weird and you take everything seriously, what's with that?
Trying REALLY hard to shoot down a perfectly legitimate reason to start an early wagon on someone... but he's going to hang back a bit after this and wait for someone else to jump on me so that he can look pro town later on.

q21 does eventually starts picking apart my wagon on post 60 but I noted that Cybele was already first on my wagon at this point.

After sparring with q21 a bit, he begins attacking me by proxy (post 73).

Cybele wrote:
q21 wrote:No, by unvoting him EA you are in fact the one who ensured that the EA wagon would fall apart, I just said I didn't like it. I don't see how my posting could stop you getting info out of EA.
Brought aup a good point here. Dcorbe isn't too willing to hold onto the bandwagon that he engineered, despite him being so sure it was under valid pretenses, and with information to gain. Now, even if his suspicions about q21 are correct, the only reason q21 would have to jump on dcorbe is if Erratus is his scumbuddy. Why else disrupt the lynch, and bring suspicion on himself? We could have at least pressured some information from Erratus, and moved on to q21. Instead, dcorbe noticed his bandwagon being picked at, and attacked. I don't htink dcorbe has enough invested in his bandwagons to be town.
q21 wrote:And anyway, assuming three scum at the beginning of a 12 player game is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. It doesn't really help anyone much, but it isn't some outrageous assumption that indicates that he must know something. Yes, its perfectly possible that it was a scum slip, but it really isn't enough to justify the L-2 wagon on him.
Not a bad reason for day one, but we have two better suspects right now. I believe q21 is less suspicious, but that's me.
Confirm Vote: dcorbe
He doesn't post again until 104, when he realized that EA was going to get lynched no matter what he did and he FoSes EA with very little good reasoning in an attempt to distance himself. A complete reversal, mind you, from his previous position.

He does take the opportunity to take another pot-shot at me though hoping the mere appearance of impropriety on my part will help him save face when his scum buddy flips.

Then he drops off the planet again...

Cybele wrote: Just got back from work. i'll do the honors.

unvote, vote Erratus Apathos
Then comes back to drop the hammer in order to distance himself some more from his scum partner.

Looking at the wagon that formed on me on D1:
votecount wrote: dcorbe (4): cybele, Erratus, q21, empking
EA wasn't the only scum on that wagon, methinks.

I'm having a hard time deciding if q21 is scum or if he's just extremely misguided, so I'm happy to leave him alive today in favor of a cybele lynch to see how his interactions with the rest of the group continue to pan out.

In conclusion:

HoS: q21,
mostly for a protracted argument with me in an attempt to derail the EA wagon[/b]
IGMEOY: empking,
mostly for post 76 which is an extremely misguided attempt to pick apart my wagon because I decided to go after q21 in order to shut down his coup on the EA wagon.
Vote: cybele
@Blue: As it has already been pointed out, this post doesn't belong to me.
@Green: I was first on your wagon by pure coincidence. {post 28} is just a standard random vote. I just picked someone who hadn't gotten a vote yet.
When I posted, I used q21's post as a reference for my own arguement, because it followed the same line of deduction. I still think it's worthy to note that your jumping off of EA's bandwagon is a worthy possible scumtell.
@Orange: Everyone has noted EA's scumminess and altered their opinions of him, why can't I?
PS- my arguement was never that EA was innocent, just that you might be his scumbuddy. There was no reversal, in my opinion.
@Indigo: What potshot? I simply thought it was a suspicious move on your part. You argue your points, I argue mine. Not every attack on you is the work of scum.

Now I'd like to address the sccusations of my 'lurking': While I have not posted often, I have posted each time I visit this thread. I simply don't have time to be here all day. I work from 7am to 3pm, at which point I'm outside all day doing Publick Work for the town I live in (re: mowing grass, cutting hedges, ditches, etc). I have a girlfriend, and I like to dedicate my time to her, as well. If only being online once per diem is unsatisfactory, then replace me. The pace on MafiaScum is faster than sites I used to play on, and overall, I'm still rather new at the game.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by Cybele »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:I'm here, I need to do a reread then a post will be coming
PS- Clearly i'm not the onley player not posting all the time, but I guess CC is cleared by virtue of his 'rereading the thread' whereas im obvious scum because 'Im just lurking'.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by Cybele »

kuribo wrote:
massive wrote:I'm not saying you promised to vote and then didn't. I'm trying to figure out WHY you never voted. Call it 20/20 hindsight, but thanks to EA being scum, it certainly bears investigation.
But I explained why at the time of not voting, and again a few minutes ago, and you still haven't figured it out for you.

Know what else bears investigation? The people who said that the "Three Scum" thing wasn't a scumtell.

I know this goes into WIFOM territory, but come off it--- if I was scum, there'd be absolutely no reason for me to point out the slip in the first place, nor to keep pushing him about it.
I've looked at kuriboh's posts, and I son't see much of any cause for suspicion. Not wanting a quick lynch is reasonable for day one, especially on the little bit of evidence we had. Empking gets my vote for pushing his arguement beyond the point that it has been disproven.
Vote empking
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:14 am

Post by q21 »

That's L-1 I believe. Claim or die time.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:21 am

Post by Cybele »

q21 wrote:That's L-1 I believe. Claim or die time.
Oh. Well just to be safe,
unvote

SHoS Empking

(don't wan't an accidental lynch...)
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:46 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

I like the Empking wagon, all the points made against him seem valid and resonable... I'll wait for his claim before I do anything though.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:19 pm

Post by Empking »

Kuribo seemed strongly in beleif that EA was scummed yet wouldn't vote for him. That has not been disproven.

All the points aren't find and reasonble. The points were based on the town forgetting that the doc got himself killed. Though I've hinted previously.

I'm the cop and Dcorbe was investigated as innocent.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”