Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #7326 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 7318, GreyICE wrote:Oh wow DGB

Look at me, I'm town. I'm ignoring your reads because that self vote was awful

You know what you proved with that stunt? Nothing.

Here's a hint townies, don't self vote.
Who gives a fuck now
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #7327 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 7326, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Who gives a fuck now
How caught up are you?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7328 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:15 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 7279, Krazy wrote:I asked you specifically about mastina and Fire and I kinda feel like you gave me fuck all in terms of a specific response. Maybe I can check your iso and you said shit elsewhere but if you want people to disagree maybe don't ignore them or play little games when they ask you about specific reads
I didn't see you ask about specific reads I saw you shade my reads in a general sense!! This is a large game and I hate it and I'm not reading anything I don't understand why you assume I intentionally ignored some shitty request for two reads I've been waffling about for the last week

Firebringer has been literally smearing his feces all over the thread all phase. I don't like his reads and he's trying to stonewall the gamestate into a situation where we comply and lynch from a very small list of people. That heavily restricts the potential for the gamestate to evolve. He's also townreading some fucking dubious slots with no reasoning. This is scum motivated or scumsiding behavior.

With that in mind.... has he actually done anything I think is outside his scumrange? Nowhere close. Has he done anything which I think is patently town motivated? No. Has he done anything I think is even >rand likely to come from town? No.

=> he's fucking scum. I don't understand why people have these hung up townreads on him this game. It's absolutely bizarre and the fact people are so disengaged from sorting him tangibly makes me think he's got scumbuddies itt. He's fucking scum.

Mastina I've tracked in real-time. I was worried Ank didn't have a read on her. I thought she was scum. She exploded into a fit of solviness and in her frenzy I think she hit a point of survivalism where her intention showed for a moment, and it's not sheer survivalism. I think she wants to remove herself as a lynch option because she feels she can offer more to this game alive than as a lynch / doesn't deserve to be lynched.

Her frenzy was a rush to GET SHIT DONE, not a rush to look like she was getting shit done. Read her posts. Her trajectory and reads make substantially more sense as she gets more frenzied. The posts made nitpicking her looked like they were intended to paint her in a bad light without an ounce of critical nuance, not like they were made to reach a deeper level of understanding about her cases.

At a mechanical level she's also a bodyguard and we have an IC in the game. She should be self-resolving reasonably soon. The pr theme of this game appears to present towards number culling (we've had a weak town role, a despy, and nightkills which have been exclusively firmly anti-town, which indicates a lack of a vigilante imo). A bodyguard makes sense in this setup.

She looks more like scum and her aggressors look more like town and she's mechanically >>rand self resolving.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7329 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:18 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 7287, Krazy wrote:anti-fun
this is a good summary of the quoted post.
given your countercommentary to my read happened in 7287 I have no idea how you expected me to elaborate on my Firebringer read while also refusing to make that commentary until 7287.

I don't care about meta. I care about the fact he's kicking the gamestate in the ass in a way that just looks like openwolfing.

LMK if you disagree still.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7330 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:21 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm gonna go hang out with people irl now. If I ignore your responses to this it's probably because I had a drink and decided not to read the 80000 posts that will have spawned by tomorrow morning. Just let me know if I ignored you rather than shading me for it. <3 thx friends
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7331 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:46 pm

Post by Krazy »

Something_Smart

MariaR / Titus
GreyICE / Gamma Emerald

PenguinPower / Formerfish
popsofctown

Firebringer / chennisden / Iconeum / Katsuki / Menalque

Pink Ball / Dannflor / the worst

mastina

Maria/Titus -- feel like I've seen Maria's range quite a bit and tonally this is very consistent with her townplay. Titus feels very, very different from the last two scum games I saw of hers.
GreyIce should probably be near lock town but he's been kinda absent; still I think his interactions with LLD on day 1 are very unlikely to come from s/s.
Gamma is someone I've had trouble reading in the past, particularly in mid-game (as is now), but tonally posts like 7326 up above feel more town and I've been liking some other things a bit more from town recently. I was worried at the end of day 1 that Gamma was going to be going for a weird thing on me, since as scum he either goes hard pocket or open aggro, but actually his talks with me more recently have felt more even-keeled rather than manipulative.

Penguin is like, always a gamble but I've had semi-decent luck reading him off the tone and purpose of his gifs and he kinda seems okay for town here. I saw some votes earlier on him from Maria and pops so I guess I could ask about that read. I will say I don't think I've ever seen him openly defend me before so that's new. But it's also not consistent with his scum game where I feel he usually just kinda plays around me.
Fish tonally feels really different from my last few games with him as town but only in good ways so I'm not gonna complain about it right now. I've also meta-dived him before and he tends to veer in the opposite direction as scum. So he's kinda off-meta but not in a way that points toward scum.

I'm a little baffled by the suggestion that I'm pocketing pops given I wasn't even townreading her slot, but okay. I'm mostly looking at this slot getting pushed by the people I'm more suspicious of right now. I also feel like pops approach toward mastina has felt pretty town, contrary to apparently several people's opinions. pops handled nomnom pretty well in one of my last games and while pops does feel different than she did that game, I feel like the same ability to pierce through nonsense is holding up. Leaning town.

Fire is annoying more than he is scummy so even if I did townread him I wouldn't actually give him the benefit of the doubt right now
Unfortunately I don't read the games I mod nearly as closely as I do the games I play so I need to reread chenni in the game I modded because that seems closest to this
There's a small part of me that wonders if Ico's "miller" comment about LLD might have possibly been a townslip? but I'm also used to him having a lot more presence so I'd like to see him actually get into the game so I don't have to wonder about minor potential slips and can judge him more on consistent quality
Kats was very sheepable in EICN and not getting that here at all, maybe should be lower but I still kinda? liked the d1 LLD push
Mena I've ranted about. Maybe I'm choking here and he should be lower still, I'm not thrilled with his vote on me, but his playstyle feels sooo different from the pokemon game where he was scum I'm having a hard time totally resting on where I think Ank checked. idk

Pink Ball's random flip on me still has me totally baffled and I want him to get in here and respond to my questions about what was going on there
Dann I'm actually starting to wonder if maybe I can see where he's coming from in my tone perhaps being different here, but I'd still say HIS tone toward me feels very different from any other game I've played with him, and he also seems to be really selectively remembering what actually happened in MD so... yeah not putting him very high but I'm not totally sure this isn't just a change from being more familiar with me and also me being outside a hydra
Duck is starting to do the evasive/stally bullshit he does as scum but I also remember being townpinged by him a few times this game so fuck if I know. I thought the idea that I would meta him as town was hilarious given we've talked about how hilariously that failed the last time I tried it in earnest. pedit: the ate above is like, slightly more likely to come from town duck but I'm not fucking with my list more tonight

Mastina is like... actually the more I think about how Dann remembers some of my past games, I can like, maybe see mastina as being just totally wrong about me. The main problem here is that I just don't see her being wrong about me so aggressively after being so indifferently and cynically wrong on me in EICN. I also think the assertions that she's outside her scumrange are highly suspect. I know some people have a lot of experience with mastina, and I'm like, trying to understand why Titus seems so confident she's town. But certain things--like misrepresenting Ank's hide target as part of her case, backtracking on that point, while simultaneously misrepresenting my meta, makes it very hard for me to give her the benefit of the doubt here. The simplest explanation is that she's just scum and wasn't planning to actually push me yet because she thought Ari would be today's lynch. I also think that she would have actually engaged me in a good-faith manner once we started going. I feel like she was basically indifferent to my reads and positions this game, very uninterested in talking to me about how I see the game, and wanted to make an entire case that basically just remained on meta bullshit. This feels very, very different to the town mastina of Tatsuya's anime upick. She's also the only scum player that has ever mislynched me as town and I'm sure as fuck not letting that happen again, even if the means there were very different than the means here.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7332 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:49 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 7328, the worst wrote:I don't like his reads and he's trying to stonewall the gamestate into a situation where we comply and lynch from a very small list of people. That heavily restricts the potential for the gamestate to evolve. He's also townreading some fucking dubious slots with no reasoning. This is scum motivated or scumsiding behavior.
I guess I appreciate that it's "scumsiding" I guess I've just dealt with firebringer doing this as town basically every game I play with him so it's not really news to me. Fair though. Still, I was asking you to articulate this point so that I could like, maybe talk about Excalibur or Merchant's Dance so that we don't conflate Firebringer "scumsiding" and "playing like a dick" with him actually being scum. Like maybe we don't care and we just lynch him, but that's what we did in Excalibur and it basically set the tempo for the town loss.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7333 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:55 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 7328, the worst wrote:Her frenzy was a rush to GET SHIT DONE, not a rush to look like she was getting shit done. Read her posts. Her trajectory and reads make substantially more sense as she gets more frenzied. The posts made nitpicking her looked like they were intended to paint her in a bad light without an ounce of critical nuance, not like they were made to reach a deeper level of understanding about her cases.

At a mechanical level she's also a bodyguard and we have an IC in the game. She should be self-resolving reasonably soon. The pr theme of this game appears to present towards number culling (we've had a weak town role, a despy, and nightkills which have been exclusively firmly anti-town, which indicates a lack of a vigilante imo). A bodyguard makes sense in this setup.

She looks more like scum and her aggressors look more like town
was the "she looks more like scum" a typo in the last line here cause it seems to contradict the rest of the post

Like, if you're saying I was "nitpicking" her without searching for critical nuance, bear in mind she gave all of jack and shit nuance to her read of me the last time I played with her. While it's plausible her meta read on me is just bad because she sucks at meta, which has been the case some games, I feel like so much of her case on me was cherry-picked and insincere. Also, this game kinda just qualitatively feels like Story Revisited, which won't mean anything to anyone else but reminds me of how games feel when mastina is scum.

Wait, are you saying you don't think town has a vig?
vote conspiracy
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #7334 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:59 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Krazy

I'd also do MariaR. Her posting literally proves the thing about camps and mastina versus crazy. The whole thing makes me doubt Krazy scum but the game phase is going on too long. I need fresh eyes.

Grey, I'm not being hyperposty. Can you help us out?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7335 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:12 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 7329, the worst wrote:I don't care about meta. I care about the fact he's kicking the gamestate in the ass in a way that just looks like openwolfing.
Like, yes, but sometimes his reads are also quite good. Like he basically took a dump on Merchant's Dance, but he was one of the more vocal antagonists to Nancy so if he hadn't caused obvtown to suicide on him he might have theoretically helped win the game. I mean when I defended him in Excalibur I ended up eating a vig so I suppose logically I should just say fuck it let's get rid of him, but generally I feel like town's chances are actually better if you don't start lynching people just because they're pissing you off
vote conspiracy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7336 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:12 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 7332, Krazy wrote:
In post 7328, the worst wrote:I don't like his reads and he's trying to stonewall the gamestate into a situation where we comply and lynch from a very small list of people. That heavily restricts the potential for the gamestate to evolve. He's also townreading some fucking dubious slots with no reasoning. This is scum motivated or scumsiding behavior.
I guess I appreciate that it's "scumsiding" I guess I've just dealt with firebringer doing this as town basically every game I play with him so it's not really news to me. Fair though. Still, I was asking you to articulate this point so that I could like, maybe talk about Excalibur or Merchant's Dance so that we don't conflate Firebringer "scumsiding" and "playing like a dick" with him actually being scum. Like maybe we don't care and we just lynch him, but that's what we did in Excalibur and it basically set the tempo for the town loss.
this is meta I don't care about
he is scumsiding and doesn't look like town

I'm bored of this discussion
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7337 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:14 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 7333, Krazy wrote:was the "she looks more like scum" a typo in the last line here cause it seems to contradict the rest of the post
flip these around

I don't really care if her case on you was cherrypicky? I read bits of it and it felt like she was onto something and I don't townread your responses.

re town vig: if we have a vig they need counselling. NKs have been exclusively pro-scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7338 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:14 pm

Post by the worst »

like a "this is how you play mafia" intervention counselling** sorry that sounded bitchy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7339 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:19 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 7337, the worst wrote:I read bits of it and it felt like she was onto something
I mean... I guess I would expect you to be more critical of her case? You actually have the most experience with my range out of everyone on site so I kinda was expecting you to call bullshit but I guess you're still self-conscious about your reads of me. You know my scumrange way better than mastina does, so... Like in a world where she's town, you're one of the people I would think would be more capable of correcting her read than supporting her tunnel. Although this does sort of remind me of how you played that mini normal where I was mason and you basically just yolo'd your read so *shrug*.
vote conspiracy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7340 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:43 pm

Post by the worst »

How do you feel about the fact I haven't gotten a strong alignment ping out of any of your posts, my townread on you was for a d1 anti-s/s read with LLD which I got cold on, and I really don't feel motivated to try and critically countercase mastina?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7341 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

I think it's unsurprising you wouldn't be in a rush to commit to a read to me as town, given you still had doubts about me in VG after a fucking doc save. And as scum you might be playing toward me in a similar manner as I played toward you in that mini normal. But like, it's weird for me to see you reading mastina saying basically objectively false things about my scum meta when you have played with me as scum way more than her and you know that I basically don't talk about "mech" as scum. I know people remember games in different ways, but it's really jarring to me for you to look at mastina misrepresenting my meta and being like "yeah sure looks right."
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7342 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

Also, happy birthday!
vote conspiracy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7343 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:18 am

Post by the worst »

Oh my God I see why all those old grumpy players hate meta. Ok I think her meta take on you is simplified and not misrepresentative. I don't think this game is outside your scumrange by an absolute mile and I don't townread your presence in it. I'm not really like using meta as a frontier method of reading you here. I'm using reading you as a frontier method of reading you here.

Are you wary of how I do use meta when I do?

And thanks krazzy. <3
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7344 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:31 am

Post by Alisae »

Alright
No more fun

No one is allowed to have fun anymore
Fun’s over

I’m stepping my foot down
GTKAS
| here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #7345 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 7327, Formerfish wrote:
In post 7326, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Who gives a fuck now
How caught up are you?
I've read most of D3, but I am nowhere near having read everything
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7346 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:46 am

Post by the worst »

dayvig: alisae
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7347 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:46 am

Post by the worst »

I thought I was invited to the one where there was only one scum stump wtf
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7348 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:23 am

Post by Alisae »

I am
Absolutely livid right now
And high
But I am fucking livid

My best friend who is so fucked up
Guess what, he’s dming me on discord asking me to play a video game with him
So he’s messaging me
100 times
And I am trying to sleep through that shit
But noooooooooo
I keep on hearing
Beep
Beep
Beep

So i just yelled at him
Now i am definitely not sleeping
So I decided to just take a bath, smoke some weed then once I’m all setup, read the game.

Let me tell you
This game

Didn’t really make me any happier

Now,
If I am being forced to care about this stupid fucking 1v1
And one person, aka the one we lynch
In this STUPID fucking 1v1
is town

I am going to my shit

Because I let town figure things out for 1 day
1 day
And what I come back to is
“Oh, we all each want to kill each other
Did you know, that rat poison, tastes good?
The fuck?
Rat poison is poison, you DIE when you eat that?
WHAT, YOU DIE WHEN YOU EAT RAT POSION, THERE’S NO WAY THAT CAN BE TRUE
WELL YOU KNOW WHAT, WHY DON’T YOU JUST FUCK YOURSELF
NO
WHY DON’T YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF
NO
FUCK YOU
NO
FUCK YOU
NO
F
⠀U
⠀⠀C
⠀⠀⠀K
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Y
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀O
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀U”

No, fuck, both of you
Its fucking obnoxious

Literally just read civ mafia
Just read it

That game
Is a SEVEN HUNDRED FORTY NINE PAGE GAME.
Why does a 749 need to exist?
Let me tell you,
I
Do not know

Why did everyone in that game want to kill each other?
wow, I don’t know, maybe its because they became so obsessed with killing the other person that they forget
Why do I even have this read in the first place?
Its not about the read anymore
Its not about solving the game anymore
Its about killing the other person
Why?
Because you started this fucking fight
And you can’t admit to yourself
“Wow, I fucked up, maybe I’m wrong for once?
WHAT, BEING WRONG
THERE’S JUST NO WAY I CAN BE WRONG
NO WAY AT ALL”

(And it was at this moment I realized it was 4:50am and that i needed to stop shouting at my ipad)

Now
You want to know what my heart tells me
You two are both town
Thats what my heart tells me

So I am going to follow my heart

I am going to use my brain for once
VOTE: Firebringer
Why don’t Fire?

Firebringer is
A smart individual

He should be smart enough to know that
If he’s town, he shouldn’t govern, because he had this coming to him.
If he’s town, he shouldn’t govern, because his play is actually unacceptable
Hell, this wouldn’t even be happening in the fucking first place

If he’s scum
He’ll govern his own lynch

BUT ALI
KRAZY WANTS TO KILL MASTINA
AND MASTINA
WANTS TO KILL KRAZY
AND THEY WON’T STOP

MAKE THE FUCK UP
ITS NOT HARD
GTKAS
| here.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7349 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:35 am

Post by Pink Ball »

If you're all so worried about FB being scum because of the governor fruit bullshit, why don't you ask Pine for the fruit yourself and save us time. FB is town, that's why.

Let the controversial town have the fruit in case there's something wrong about them. It's good, it's better.

That's all.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”