Newbie 621 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Battousai »

MOD: Can we get a mass prod?
I like mass prods as it gets EVERYBODY to post.

Grem- you know where I stand on you right now.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Mirth »

Batto, where do you stand on everyone else?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:57 am

Post by farside22 »

Better yet why is he asking for a mass prod when it is clear that only a few people need to be prodded and batt adds nothing to the conversation.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Battousai »

^I like how Mirth addressed it better, you said it mean :(

List of People I Find Interesting

Gremwell
: Gave my reasons for voting him, plus after I voted immediately OMGUS'd me out of the blue it seemed. 92

TSQ/Farside
: Was inactive for most of the game, when came on only posted "Mirth is scum." Then when prodded posts Hi and leaves. Farside comes and participates. Hasn't done anything suspicious yet. 50

Mirth
: Actively scumhunting, but are you so focused on trying to get someone lynched you read into things that aren't there, aka the cop speculation, and post 165? At the beginning was the dominate talker in the game. 25

Kristopf
: Attacked or defended his attacks on TSQ in all of his posts except the last 4 when Farside took control. Did your easy target become not so easy? Then attacked Malex for trying to change his vernacular to lessen the confusion of his posts. Then goes missing before a deadline lynch. 45

*the numbers at the end is the percent sure I am that the person is scum. I try and get someone lynched once they reach 90.

The reason I didn't contribute last post was because I'm ready for Gremwell to be lynched as soon as everyone posts at least once more with their opinion, specifically those that haven't yet.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:43 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry I was mean. I didn't think a mass prod was needed as only a few players are MIA. Plus I just didn't like you coming in with everything going on and adding nothing to the conversation.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Battousai »

It's ok, I was just joking about the mean part. A mass prod gets EVERYONE to post at least once more. Then I'd be happy Gremwell gets lynched.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Mirth »

So you're sure about lynching Grem? What are your thoughts on Nahraza, Merc, and Malex?
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:51 am

Post by mercdaemon »

Battousai wrote: TSQ/Farside: Was inactive for most of the game, when came on only posted "Mirth is scum." Then when prodded posts Hi and leaves. Farside comes and participates. Hasn't done anything suspicious yet. 50
Somehow, I'm not sure I think
both
Farside and Gremwell would be scum. The way the play has gone, I'm fairly sure in by belief that one of them is, but I'd have doubts on two.

No read on Nahraza? Mirth said Nahraza made her head hurt, but Nahr's consistent refusal to even give an opinion on who might be scum is getting to be a but sus to me.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Gremwell »

Battousai wrote:
Gremwell
: Gave my reasons for voting him, plus after I voted immediately OMGUS'd me out of the blue it seemed. 92
I must say I appreciate the percentages, but that said I find 92% laughable, a few people have come up with a few points that
COULD
be construed as tells, and I've done my best to answer all questions asked of me.

Quite frankly, to me 92% would require a substantial pile of evidence.

I just don't see the smoking gun, maybe you could show me.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:44 am

Post by farside22 »

Just so you all know.
Will be on V/LA from June 28 and back on July 1st
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Mirth »

Batto, care to respond to either me or Grem?
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Gremwell »

I thought the point of an extension was so we can have time to further discuss the the decision rather than sit around for another 5 days.

I think it would be good if the people who haven't posted since last page weighed in asap so we can have time to mull it over before the deadline hits.

Mith was kind enough to give us one extension, I wouldn't count on another.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by zeal »

I'm back :P
Mirth wrote: So you're sure about lynching Grem? What are your thoughts on Nahraza, Merc, and Malex?
Just wondering, why was I the only one you left out?
Gremwell wrote: I must say I appreciate the percentages, but that said I find 92% laughable
I agree with this, but to a lesser extent. I would currently give Grem about a 60 percent chance of being scum. I will vote for him if he either reaches 100 percent or if we have no other leads by the day before we reach the deadline.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by Mirth »

Because I have no opinion on you yet. I have an opinion, however slight, on everyone else. Want to see how Batto's impressions might differ from mine.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:51 am

Post by Battousai »

Yes, Gremwell is the most suspicious, and the person I feel that I'm more sure about being scum. I don't go up to 100%, as you can never be certain of someone's role unless the mod tells you it. Grem, I have already stated all the facts on you and I feel it is enough to warrant a deadline lynch.

I'm in the middle of two rereads (this one is top of the list due to deadline), but I have to go so I'll post what I have written so far. It will be revised to sound better and include more information.

Kristopf- post 47, didn't want to look scummy so unvoted TSQ (was a second vote, and TSQ recieved no other votes up to that time)

Nahraza- comes in, first post was a "Hi" post (at 2 1/14 pages) and when addressed about it, gets defensive and tells everyone she? is a newbie. Continued to not contribute much information. Gets even more defensive with 2 votes on her?.

Malex- post 70 calls Mirth out for abusing his IC status, just as Mirth was accusing Nahraza of doing with her newbie status. Accuses Mirth of wanting to lynch Nahraza on page 3.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:42 am

Post by mith »

Deadline:
Three and a half days from this post.

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

Gremwell: 3 (Battousai, farside22, Mirth)
Battousai: 1 (Gremwell)

Looking for a replacement for Nahraza.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Gremwell »

Battousai wrote:Yes, Gremwell is the most suspicious, and the person I feel that I'm more sure about being scum. I don't go up to 100%, as you can never be certain of someone's role unless the mod tells you it. Grem, I have already stated all the facts on you and I feel it is enough to warrant a deadline lynch.
since I asked twice to see your version of evidence against me and you still refuse to post it I went back and found what I could that you have posted as a justification
Battousai wrote:so far I don't think the scum have made enough mistakes to be seen as obv scum, so I'm going with my gut here. Seemed eager to appease mirth (with the voting/ unvoting of TSQ), plus he didn't enter the game very "gracefully."
Battousai wrote:OMGUS'd me out of the blue it seemed
Isn't an OMGUS by definition not out of the blue?

well there it is, if I missed anything feel free to post it, only reason I did was because you keep refusing to and the deadline just gets closer.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Mirth »

One thing, rules say there will be no deadline lynch unless its a real majority like in a non-deadline lynch.

I'm at the moment thinking of moving my vote back to Nahr. Her play has bothered me immensely, what with the question dodging and such, but mostly I don't want to go into right with the mod looking for replacements, or a replacement that just arrived and we did not yet get a read on. Normally, I'd be willing to wait, but Nahr has been scummy enough in her own right, and I'm really not liking the interaction between Grem and Batto at the moment. I'm thinking one of them is most likely scum, and I'm not so sure anymore it's Grem...I'd like to see it play out more. I think I will move my vote now.

unvote:Grem
vote:Nahraza
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:42 am

Post by mith »

Megamieuwsel replaces Nahraza.
Megamieuwsel
Megamieuwsel
Townie
Megamieuwsel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Megamieuwsel »

Placeholder as I'm reading up on the game...
-- lame sig...--
Megamieuwsel
Megamieuwsel
Townie
Megamieuwsel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Megamieuwsel »

Ok, just finished reading up these 13 pages and ready to barge in as the total newb I am in regards to this game.

So far, Ive read a lot of the arguments and reasons you tacked on eachother (and the one I replaced).
And my first vote will be: Mirth; My reason still stems from the very start of this game and I haven't seen
anything
that invalidates this suspicion.
She never explained to my satisfaction, what made her so certain, TSQ was scum.

After all: ONLY scum(and the mod ofcourse) knows who's scum. Her "Just poking for reactions"-story doesn't cut it to me. Look pretty scummy instead: "Devide & Conquer"-tactics.
-- lame sig...--
Megamieuwsel
Megamieuwsel
Townie
Megamieuwsel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Megamieuwsel »

EBMOP
: Forgot to make it official;
VOTE: Mirth
-- lame sig...--
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Mirth »

I never explained why TSQ was scum? I think you mean TSQ never explained why I was scum. My "TSQ is obviously scum" vote was a joke. If I thought he was scum, why would I have been defending him? Do you have any other comments? Opinions on players?
More cute cat pictures?
Anything?

My vote on you was because I didn't want to go into night with a scummy silent player. Now my vote is staying because our vote seems contrived.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Battousai »

Reread v 2.0 now up to page 6, sorry for being a slow reader and typer.

Malex- post 70 calls Mirth out for abusing his IC status, just as Mirth was accusing Nahraza of doing with her newbie status. Accuses Mirth of wanting to lynch Nahraza on page 3. Post 77, first read didn't I didn't read too much into it, but with his later posts this could be his first post where he trying to appease the rest of the players.

Kristopf- post 47, didn't want to look scummy so unvoted TSQ (was a second vote, and TSQ recieved no other votes up to that time).post 78 possibly trying to set mirth up for lynch tomorrow using the argument if x is town, then y is scum. "If we end up lynching one of her top suspects and they turn up as town, that would cast some suspicion on her, but for now she seems like a good scum hunter, and she hasn't said anything that has caught my suspicion yet." Post 137 "attacks" Gremwell for having many posts being brief and haveing a counterargument for everything

Nahraza- comes in, first post was a "Hi" post (at 2 1/14 pages) and when addressed about it, gets defensive and tells everyone she? is a newbie. Continued to not contribute much information. Gets even more defensive with 2 votes on her?. Post 81 still hasn't contributed towards scumhunting

Merc- post 92 misinterprets one of my posts, making it seem like I'm letting TSQ off the hook with the contradiction that was pointed out earlier.

Gremwell- Comes in, and in his first post states TSQ's only reason for voting Mirth is because TSQ is scum. Second posts says we can do without Nahraza, supports his/her lynch if Nahraza is a vanilla townie or scum. Then asks how many scum are in the game. Post 125 brings up 3 people as lurkers for not posting for 4 days, stating "While lurking =/= scum like you said, I personally don't like it." Which I interpreted as I don't think they are scummy for lurking, but I'll bring it up for others to think that. Post 132, out of the blue states that Mirth, while helpful, could still be scum. (Mirth was the person who was on Gremwell first and his biggest threat).

Zeal- I don't have much to say, doesn't post much but when she does it's contributing usually. Post 127, comes back after MIA 4 days right after called out for it.

Gremwell, those were a summary, there are more suspicious behaviour by you in the reread. Above is what I have reread thus far.

Mirth: Why do you think I'm scum and thus Gremwell town? Couldn't it be possible I'm bussing my partner or that I have my targets on a townie by mistake?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Mirth »

Batto, I don't think you're scum and thus Grem is town. I'm not sure enough that Grem is scum now to keep voting him, and I'm not suspicious of you enough to vote you. But there's something about your interaction that bothers me, not sure what yet, but I'm not liking it. Bussing and being misguided are both possible though.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”