Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:22 am

Post by Fishbulb »

It is always frustrating to get lynched on Day 1, whether or not you are scum. Rarely is there any real reason for it, and you find yourself defending yourself against nothing. Unfortunately, random Day 1 lynchings are necessary. At this point, MMCL has put his role on the line by doing this. If we gotta go random, at least this way we will learn something about Talitha and MMCL at the same time.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:24 am

Post by KingEnigma »

Talitha may be playing it from this angle, but I'm no longer seeing someone as cornered scum, but someone who really has no options left. I'm probably coming off as someone who cant make their mind up on someone, but the more I see of this the more I'm noticing that I would most likely act the same way if the odds are stacked against me. (and lets face, they are stacked against her)

And to everyone who thinks that this gives us info on MMCL, it does not from what I can tell. If Talitha is scum, we have someone that is A. Either Very Lucky or B. On Target

If Talitha is not scum, MMCL has an easy out with "I was not sure that it would work, because of what my role states." And we do not know what the role is. And that scares me, and it should you guys also. We should look for someone else to lynch, but hey its a majority vote and from what I have seen my vote is not going for Talitha.

Now I just gotta find out some more info on the rest of you........(p.s. i'm gone for the next two days, see ya monday!)
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:16 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Here is what I see--- MMCL is really coy-

he is an outed role and the only real reason to hide your role is to keep scum guessing.

I don't think it is a good play... and I don't think scum come out with that play on day one...

Why is everyone in such a hurry to solve the Talitha and MMCL query? This is what gets me-- granted you already outed 2 others... me as a role blocker and Uraj45 as a player who can be blocked at night.

So thinking as I post I can see wisdom in resolving this but I do like where my vote is-
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:23 am

Post by silgado106 »

KingEnigma wrote:If Talitha is not scum, MMCL has an easy out with "I was not sure that it would work, because of what my role states."
That is what Talitha was referring to when she said to read Improbable Mafia. In that game, someone did something similar to what MMCL is doing, and Antrax was extremely adamant about lynching that person the following day after the person they lynched happened to be innocent. He explained that lynching the so claimed "cop" who got an innocent lynched in every game we play would stop scum from using that tactic again, and if you think about it, makes a lot of sense.

Regarding Talitha, I can definitely feel her frustration, since there's not much she can do to defend herself if she's town. But if she's scum, she might still be trying to pull it off by acting emotional (like MMCL said) and getting people to switch their votes somehow (something that is most likely not going to happen, so this is just speculation if Tally does happen to be scum) I clearly don't know in which direction to go. I did say that I would look further into her replies after that comment of hers I mentioned some pages ago, but nothing has really stood out. Obviously at this stage of the day the most useful thing might be to get Talitha lynched, and just see what happens tomorrow, but I don't know if that is the smartest thing. I do have to agree that if Tally ends up being a townie, we lynch MMCL even if his excuse is "I guess I'm insane" or whichever way he might say it. I'm not going to place a vote though, I think we might be able to savage every piece of info from now until the deadline.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:05 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

I remember Improbable role mafia; if you're referring to mith (Spanish Inquisition), he was actually lynched the same day (his ability could cause somebody to die at day with three votes).
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:21 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

ralphmerridew wrote:I remember Improbable role mafia; if you're referring to mith (Spanish Inquisition), he was actually lynched the same day (his ability could cause somebody to die at day with three votes).
actually brings up an intersting question--

we know there are terrorists-- what if one terrorist job is to die, take someone out.

MMCL could blindly accuse a good player, get them lynched and then take out folks either by a view or lynch--

it is a big what if, but the thought crossed my mind with Ralph's most.

I thinking waiting on those 2 wouldn't be a bad play, but that is just my thinking.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:24 am

Post by Talitha »

I looked up the old game so I could quote it:
Antrax (Improbable Role) wrote:Um, hello? Guys?
Guy claims cop. Guy lynches innocent. Guy gets lynched. This is a no-brainer. vote: mith
Antrax wrote:Fact is, I've declared long ago that whenever a cop is wrong, I will lynch him. The idea is to prevent successful Lepton gambits, which might wreck havoc upon an entire town.
DP (same game) wrote:I sympathise with Antrax' way of smothering Lepton gambits.
Antrax again wrote:A cop should take resposibility on his actions. If he has reason to believe his results might be wrong, he should shut up until he can be more sure of how good he is. Anyone not going by this, is risking his own life. Cruel, but effective.
JEEP wrote:
Antrax wrote: Um, hello? Guys?
Guy claims cop. Guy lynches innocent. Guy gets lynched. This is a no-brainer. vote: mith
*cough* Wow, I got so wrapped up with thinking he was insane, that I totally missed this.
vote: mith
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:27 am

Post by Talitha »

So if you're lynching me because of MMCL's information, you should also be prepared to lynch him tomorrow when you see that I'm innocent.

Anyway - I've calmed down now. Sorry for getting upset.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:26 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Talitha wrote:So if you're lynching me because of MMCL's information, you should also be prepared to lynch him tomorrow when you see that I'm innocent.

Anyway - I've calmed down now. Sorry for getting upset.
I do agree with you here, because of MMCL's info is why I've chosen to vote you, and if you do turn up innocent, I will place my vote on him come tomorrow.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:40 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

That's been my point the whole time. MMCL knew what he was getting into.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:54 pm

Post by MMCL »

I have admitted all along that my information could be incorrect. It's not like I will rely on this defense tomorrow if Tally turns out to be innocent.

I knew what I was getting myself into, true, but following me when you KNOW that my information may be incorrect makes you as guilty as me because you know the risk involved. If I hadn't been honest and admitted that my information could be incorrect then you would have a valid case for voting me tomorrow if it all turns out wrong, however as it stands I see that anyone voting Tally based on the information I have has made the same decision I have and is as valid a target tomorrow SHOULD tally be innocent.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:32 pm

Post by Fuldu »

MMCL wrote:I have admitted all along that my information could be incorrect. It's not like I will rely on this defense tomorrow if Tally turns out to be innocent.

I knew what I was getting myself into, true, but following me when you KNOW that my information may be incorrect makes you as guilty as me because you know the risk involved. If I hadn't been honest and admitted that my information could be incorrect then you would have a valid case for voting me tomorrow if it all turns out wrong, however as it stands I see that anyone voting Tally based on the information I have has made the same decision I have and is as valid a target tomorrow SHOULD tally be innocent.
I disagree. You have your information and are making a decision based on it. Everyone else is accepting your claim that, though your information could be incorrect, it seems valid enough to merit a vote today. The people following you don't know nearly as well as you the degree of risk involved. If you have some sort of pollster role (unlikely, but being used for illustrative purposes) and know that one of three people, including Tally, is scum, and your sensors tell you that she's the scummiest of the three, then you would know that there's a 1/3 chance that Tally's scum, increased by whatever degree you want to view her actions as scummy. Everybody who is following you doesn't have this information. They may think that your information suggests she has an 80% likelihood of being scum (again augmented by however much you want to assign her behavior). To me, this leaves you much more culpable than those voting with you.

That's not to say there aren't scum among them; I suspect there are. But I think if we're going to lynch tomorrow as a matter of placing blame for Tally's death (should she, as I expect, turn out to be innocent) it ought to be you.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:42 pm

Post by MMCL »

I
have
stated that I would expect the chance to be 50/50.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:10 am

Post by Norinel »

Well, I did say "probably".

About 11 hours to deadline; the activity spike is too little too late. No vote changes since last count; Talitha's still at five. I like semicolons; they are fun.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:41 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

I have a bad feeling about what is going to happen here-

MMCL's recent posts come off as trying to prepare folks for his being wrong-

I don't like the feel of this--
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:48 am

Post by Talitha »

I'm thinking of myself as a sacrificial lamb here, hopefully once the townies out there know that I'm innocent they'll put some effort into finding the real scum. (please?) :)
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:52 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

If you only think that your chance is 50/50 why don't you just come out with the kind of info that you get, I mean you've told us already that you have investigative ability, or at least we assume by your accusations on Tally. If you didn't feel that strongly about it to begin with, why would you even mention it then? You know how the game goes if there is that spark of belief that someone could be scum, most likely town is going to take the lead and follow by voting for them, if you felt that there be only half a chance of it being true about her then you shouldn't have even brought up IMO.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:07 pm

Post by Norinel »

End of Day Vote Count:

Talitha- 6 (MMCL, Fishbulb, Save The Dragons, Wacky, Flying Dutchman, NanookTheWolf)
NanookTheWolf- 3 (PeaceBringer, Talitha, Uraj45)
lulu muumuu- 1 (willows_weep)

Not voting (5) - Fuldu, lulu muumuu, Mgm, ralphmerridew, Silgado106

8 to lynch, 4 at deadline.

The Top 10 Reasons Dichotomafia != Tuthrededmafya:

10. Werewolfs are cool. (PeaceBringer's wording, STD & King Enigma expressed similar sentiments)
9. It's two, two, two roles in one! (FD, Fishbulb, tss's sentiments, my wording)

Town Day 1/Village Night 1:

MMCL says he thinks Talitha's suspicious, then everyone argues a lot, then everyone argues a little, then everyone stops arguing. The sun begins to set, and there are enough people thinking Talitha's worth lynching to pull it off just as people start going home. She hangs, and from a pocket of her garments falls a long thin blade!

It's a scalpel.

Talitha (Doctor) - lynched Day 1 by the Town

It is now Night 2 in the Town, send choices by the end of the Village's Day.

That dealt with, everybody goes to sleep, and simultaneously wakes up in the village. Fifteen of them gather at the village meeting, but it's a different fifteen. The silent speaker and Talitha are back; could it be that the town was the dream all along? But there's still one unaccounted for...

It turns out that KingEnigma is missing; a search of his entirely ordinary house reveals his entirely ordinary, although torn apart and not shot, body. So the werewolf rumors are true, and the everyone decides to go for the nice daily majority lynch because that's what all the cool werewolf-infested villages are doing.

KingEnigma (Villager) - mauled Night 1 in the Village.

It is now Day 1 in the Village, 8 to lynch.

(And I'm going with one thread, if it's not obvious.)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:49 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Alright...

Random Back From The Dead In Another Plane of Existance Vote TSS
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:00 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

vote: Wacky
because by chance he was the eventual lynching vote on Dr. Talitha in the town.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:39 pm

But his town role is not related to his village role and vise-versa...
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:58 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

I know. Hence the "by chance" in my post. It's no better than random (in fact, it effectively is random), but it certainly isn't worse.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:21 pm

Oops, I missed that :P
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:41 pm

Post by Talitha »

Morning all :) I had the strangest dream last night...

vote: silgado
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:18 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I need to get into the habit of this:

Norinel, what is the Village equivalent of the Town role "Doctor"?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”