Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:48 am

Post by Sethaniel »

what kind of cookie is it?
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by destructor »

LOL. I was going to ask that too.
Actually, I don't think he's eating a cookie at all.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by ting =) »

OH NOES!

My lie.

You sees through it.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:23 am

Post by destructor »

Lynch all Liars?
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:38 am

Post by ting =) »

That's it! I've
HAD IT
with you!
VOTE: DESTRUCTOR.

just kidding. ; )
unvote

Bab should be back in less than a week.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:06 am

Post by destructor »

Lol. That post would screw with anyone analysing this game with that Gemelli's thread distillery thing.

We should probably stop spamming up the thread. It is fun, though.
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Sethaniel »

What's Gemelli's thread distillery?

I mean, since we're waiting for bab and all.
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:52 am

Post by Guardian »

Regrettably I still have no constant internet access. I can't even remember what I thought was BS about destructor's long post, which is good and bad, I guess.

I'll try to reply ASAP...
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:51 am

Post by ting =) »

Gemelli's thread distillery.

I've never tried it out yet though, so I don't know how useful it actually is.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:58 am

Post by Guardian »

destructor wrote:
Guardian wrote:
destructor wrote:Superstrawman strikes again? =P
Uh, where? What are you talking about?
See below.
destructor wrote:My point was that massive explicitly stated that:
massive wrote:No one targeted him.
He's an experienced player and I believe it's reasonable to assume that if he'd received 'no result', both as a response or by lack of PM from the mod, he would have asked for clarification and certainly would
not
have said "no one targeted' Khelvaster.
You were trying to say that massive receiving 'no result' and a
result
that said "no one targeted Khel" to be the same thing.
I'm saying he could have interpreted either the same way depending. Or maybe his role got nerfed and he was no longer a watcher.
destructor wrote:
Guardian wrote:What if his role PM said something like 'you will receive a PM if the person you protect was targeted by anyone other than yourself' and he received no PM?
This is illogical, completely ignores what I said in the text you quoted and is pure speculation to boot. massive explicitly stated that no one targeted Khel. Again, based on his experience, I'd say that he would have informed us if his night result was as specific as you're suggesting.
Speculation about why he didn't get the correct result is perfectly reasonable here. 'wtf?'
destructor wrote:
Guardian wrote:
destructor wrote:Where's ting?
Desperately hoping that my biggest detractor from yesterday comes back and gets me out of a jam?
:roll:
Or, wondering where one of the more active players from the last few days is.
Whatever. Note who ting has supported.
destructor wrote:
Guardian wrote:
destructor wrote:And does anyone besides Matt_S have a reason to suspect me besides Guardian's claim?
Sure: lurking.. There's a reason lurking is scummy. You've constantly prioritized other games over this one during the game's course. It is harder for scum to get caught when they don't post a lot.
Sure, but I'm hardly the only player who lost interest in this game at some point. Would I be less suspicious if I decided to flake instead?
Yes, assuming your replacement had normal participation. Lurking IS scummy, for a reason, and you aren't going to talk your way out of that.
destructor wrote:
Guardian wrote:
ting =) wrote:Sorry. I don't have regular internet access.

Considering the way the game has gone, is there any chance that Shaka may have forgotten to inform massive about Imat targetting khelvaster?
I didn't think my opinion of shakaa could have gotten lower.
So are we going to entertain that Guardian's defence against evidence posted by massive which directly contradicts his claim comes down to mod-error? Sure, it's possible, but I'd ask this game be abandoned immediately if that was the case.
What if massive was told by talitha that his role had been changed and he forgot? What if talitha has no way of knowing at this point?

Too many what ifs and maybes. I don't think trusting shakaa to have done his job right is at all reasonable given what we know, and you're acting like it is.
destructor wrote:But that is straying so far from the point. Short of the presence of some redirecting role (which I would NOT expect in a mini normal) I
know
Guardian is lying because I didn't target Empking last night. And let's not forget who he hammered: a claimed doc.
Let's not forget why I hammered him -- massive most strongly appeared to be lying. :roll:
destructor wrote:
Guardian wrote:
ting =) wrote:I need to reread the previous day. The idea that the town had a cop and a doc and a vig
and
a tracker... doesn't quite sound right. Like guardian said though, we could have a scum roleblocker, that might make the game balanced, but that's a pretty ridiculous amount of power roles in a mini. That means that less than half the players are standard townies/goons. Has there ever been that kind of game in a mini normal before?
In a mini, sure. Not sure about a mini normal. Although, this didn't really start off as a mini normal...
My recollection of the 'untheming' was that shaka's problem was purely flavour.
You think MeMe would have come out and said "remove flavor, and change massive's role"? 'wtf'?
destructor wrote:I also strongly doubt we have three investigative roles in this game.
If we have a mafia roleblocker and serial killer and a lotr theme and a doctor and a vig, what difference does one more role make? THis game was swingy as anything, and I think shakaa just wanted as much power as possible.
destructor wrote:
Guardian wrote:I've got to say, I really expected ting=) to attack me wholeheartedly here. His not doing so gives me think someone else is destructor's partner.
Who might that be?
I think it is ting =) at this point. Sethaniel and BAB have outside chances, but ting =) is looking like the best bet. His vote then unvote of you was just classic scum bullshit.

This is why I didn't want to reply. I mean, I can type paragraph after paragraph with the best of them, but it is just bullshit back and forth between me and destructor at this point: he says "omg that doesn't make sense" I say "omg it does", and its up for the other townies to figure it out.

Something messed up in the setup happened that caused massive to believe he got no result. All I know is I tracked destructor to a dead body, and he must be scum.

It is up to you figure out who to believe, and hearing destructor go on about how im scum and me about how he's scum isn't helpful.

If you have any specific relevant questions ask, and maybe I'll answer, but it is mostly up to you at this point. I've laid out why destructor is scum, and defended myself largely. Read the thread and figure it out.
Do not lynch me.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:14 am

Post by ting =) »

Hmm, thanks for finally answering.
guardian wrote:I'm saying he could have interpreted either the same way depending. Or maybe his role got nerfed and he was no longer a watcher.
No. I believed at the start of the day, and still do, that either you're lying, or Shaka screwed up.

While the latter is possible, I believe the game would have been halted by talitha if that was the case.[/gaming the mod]
guardian wrote:Whatever. Note who ting has supported.
Ting thought you were scum since
yesterday.
I've backed off with the long posts because there's no point making long posts if you're going to ignore them anyway, and since you made an appeal to emotion that I was sucking the fun out of the game for you. While I do understand the feeling, I still think you're scum.
guardian wrote:His vote then unvote of you was just classic scum bullshit.
Come
on.
That's the most ridiculous reach I've ever heard. If it helps, I'll put [/joke] on random posts from now on.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Matt_S »

Why is ting higher up on your scum list than Sethaniel? That makes no sense.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:33 am

Post by ting =) »

Yeah, weren't you strongly suspicious of Seth?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Guardian »

ting =) is pretending to be open minded whereas sethaniel is actually being open minded.
Do not lynch me.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:45 am

Post by ting =) »

So... I'm less willing to believe you and so I'm scum?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Guardian »

You are not taking both sides into consideration. You appear to be pretending to, and that's what is suspicious.
Do not lynch me.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:02 am

Post by ting =) »

More suspicious than a person you actually made a case on?

You haven't done anything to
convince
me to believe you. Your day 3 arguments basically boil down to, 'Look, I have a guilty on him, so nah!' You haven't said anything to make me doubt your connection to coolbot either.

Destructor, likewise is mostly just going, 'I'm town, so that's obviously a lie, nah!'

Before either of you start accusing me of strawmanning, that really is essentially the core of all the day 3 arguments - both of you asking the rest of us who we trust more.

You'll also notice that I've been calling for destructor to claim. I'm not going to lie - I'm more inclined to believe him over you right now, but that's not to say I'm not suspicious of him. I'm suspicious of you both, just him less so.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:25 am

Post by destructor »

Guardian, you evaded the beef of what I was saying. Your defence against evidence that contradicts your claim is, more and more, becoming speculation about what has happened with the setup, to the point where I think most would agree the game should have been abandoned by such a mod-error.

Also, in the post of yours I quoted when I asked who you thought my scum buddy was, you had just said you thought it
wasn't
ting.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Guardian »

ting =) wrote:More suspicious than a person you actually made a case on?

You haven't done anything to
convince
me to believe you. Your day 3 arguments basically boil down to, 'Look, I have a guilty on him, so nah!'
He lurked. Lynch all lurkers. Win games.

Lurkers post less, and ergo have less chance to look suspicious. Scum want to be less suspicious. Ergo, lurking is a scum tactic. Ergo, lurking is scummy.
ting =) wrote:You haven't said anything to make me doubt your connection to coolbot either.
Then you aren't reading my posts.
ting =) wrote:Destructor, likewise is mostly just going, 'I'm town, so that's obviously a lie, nah!'

Before either of you start accusing me of strawmanning, that really is essentially the core of all the day 3 arguments - both of you asking the rest of us who we trust more.
I won't accuse you of straw maning at all -- I only ask WHY you wanted me to continue it by replying to destructor. I totally agree that that is what day 3 has come down to. Why such insistence that I reply to destructor's "I'm town, so that's obviously a lie, nah!"?

Why was it so suspicious that I didn't?
Ting=) wrote:You'll also notice that I've been calling for destructor to claim. I'm not going to lie - I'm more inclined to believe him over you right now, but that's not to say I'm not suspicious of him. I'm suspicious of you both, just him less so.
You're also telling him you'll vote me instantaneously after he claims. How in heck does that make any sense?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Guardian »

destructor wrote:Guardian, you evaded the beef of what I was saying.
There was no beef to evade.
destructor wrote:Your defence against evidence that contradicts your claim is, more and more, becoming speculation about what has happened with the setup, to the point where I think most would agree the game should have been abandoned by such a mod-error.
Obviously there is some setup speculation, how else could it be explained. And I've also offered idea of a mafia role blocker, which makes a lot of sense, all things considered. Massive getting no result night 1, Khelvaster not killing night 2...
destructor wrote:Also, in the post of yours I quoted when I asked who you thought my scum buddy was, you had just said you thought it
wasn't
ting.
I did. Then ting=) showed that he'd really already made up his mind. I thought he hadn't... but his posts following seem to be trying to appear open minded while single-mindedly subtly guiding towards a me-lynch.
Do not lynch me.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Guardian: Do you think there's some reason why your claim should be super believable? Because I don't see how out skepticism is surprising.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by ting =) »

guardian wrote:Then you aren't reading my posts.
I
did
. I didn't buy your points. So I replied. But you blatantly said you did not read mine. This is a circular argument.
guardian wrote:I won't accuse you of straw maning at all -- I only ask WHY you wanted me to continue it by replying to destructor. I totally agree that that is what day 3 has come down to. Why such insistence that I reply to destructor's "I'm town, so that's obviously a lie, nah!"?

Because I thought you'd reply with something other than a 'nah!' post of your own.
guardian wrote:You're also telling him you'll vote me instantaneously after he claims. How in heck does that make any sense?
I'll reply when he claims.
guardian wrote:I did. Then ting=) showed that he'd really already made up his mind. I thought he hadn't... but his posts following seem to be trying to appear open minded while single-mindedly subtly guiding towards a me-lynch.
So your reason for thinking I was town for a while is that I was not on your case. Your current reason for thinking that I'm scum is that I
am
on your case. How is this not omgus?

Before you make another
guardian wrote:You appear to be pretending to, and that's what is suspicious.
argument, I replied to that in 792 btw.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by destructor »

Guradian, I'm pretty sure we've already been over all of that.

I don't have much else to say. Still waiting on Bab. And then it's really into the hands of ting, Seth, Matt and Bab.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:35 pm

Post by Guardian »

ting =) wrote:
guardian wrote:Then you aren't reading my posts.
I
did
. I didn't buy your points. So I replied. But you blatantly said you did not read mine. This is a circular argument.
no u
ting =) wrote:
guardian wrote:I won't accuse you of straw maning at all -- I only ask WHY you wanted me to continue it by replying to destructor. I totally agree that that is what day 3 has come down to. Why such insistence that I reply to destructor's "I'm town, so that's obviously a lie, nah!"?

Because I thought you'd reply with something other than a 'nah!' post of your own.
How was I supposed to reply to a "nah you're scum" post with anything other than "nah I'm not"? There was no substance to respond to.

ting =) wrote:
guardian wrote:You're also telling him you'll vote me instantaneously after he claims. How in heck does that make any sense?
I'll reply when he claims.
Uh, that really, really doesn't cut it.
ting =) wrote:
guardian wrote:I did. Then ting=) showed that he'd really already made up his mind. I thought he hadn't... but his posts following seem to be trying to appear open minded while single-mindedly subtly guiding towards a me-lynch.
So your reason for thinking I was town for a while is that I was not on your case. Your current reason for thinking that I'm scum is that I
am
on your case. How is this not omgus?

Before you make another
guardian wrote:You appear to be pretending to, and that's what is suspicious.
argument, I replied to that in 792 btw.
And I replied to that reply. Your faked even-mindedness is what is suspicious. If you want me to explain further, tell me what's unclear.
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”