CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:21 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

I just read your posts, and first you say that q21 was up on your scum list because he chainsaw defended, but then you say that he's looking better and better in jis more recent posts, but you still can see the chainsaw defence. Thats I all got from your posts.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:57 am

Post by roflcopter »

yes. so q was still second to empking on my list. then empking claimed cop. so i switched my vote to q. its simple, really.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:33 am

Post by kuribo »

I'm gonna go do a lookover on q21 myself. I have a bad feeling about that guy.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote
. Yeah, I guess emp could be cop. Whatever. I'll be back with ideas later.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Cybele »

I don't know what to think about Emp. He's
odd
confusing. But he hasn't been counter-claimed, and he says dcorbe is innocent, so I guess the next best is q21. I'm going to start reading over his posts, so no vote yet.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:02 am

Post by roflcopter »

i'm glad everyone is thinking about some day agreeing with me, but it would nice if it happened this century guys.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:39 am

Post by kuribo »

Vote: q21
Okay, roflcoptor, let's see where this leads.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:53 am

Post by q21 »

I see I am to become the next wagon target, fair enough. Is anyone going to give me some reasons to defend against?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:38 am

Post by Lowell »

I also would like to hear more about the q21 case.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:27 am

Post by massive »

I'm still happy with my kuribo vote.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:35 am

Post by starkmoon »

could we get a bit more going on here... deadlines, like sleep, are for the weak ;-)
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Empking »

I'm happy with the kuribo vote.

What's the reasons against q21?

Maybe the lack of activity has something to do with the lack of vote counts. Joke.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:57 am

Post by roflcopter »

sigh. seriously, can nobody go back and read what i wrote about q21 when the empking wagon was going on?

long story short, q21 engaged in something that i've seen called "the chainsaw defense" on behalf of erratus. that is, he defended erratus not by trying to argue against the points that were made in favor of erratus being scum, but by attacking erratus' most vocal attacker, dcorbe. if empking is truly the cop, then we have a further point against q21 in the fact that dcorbe is cop-confirmed innocent.

i'm pretty uneasy about this whole kuribo wagon.
soi soi soi

CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:16 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

It seems that rofl's theory is fairly straightforward now that I understand it better, and it seems like q21 is now the best option
unvote, Vote:q21
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:21 am

Post by starkmoon »

[col color=white]Player[col color=white]Votes[col color=white]Voting [col color=white]Q21[col color=white]3[col color=white]kuribo, roflcopter, CC09 [col color=white]Empking[col color=white]0[col color=white] [col color=white]Cybele[col color=white]1[col color=white]dcorbe [col color=white]kuribo[col color=white]2[col color=white]massive, empking [col color=white]dcorbe[col color=white]0[col color=white]

[col color=white]Not Voting : [col color=white] Cybele, cephrir, q21, Lowell

10 alive, 6 to lynch

spot a mistake, let me know right away
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Cephrir »

I thought q21 was mostly right in his exchange with dcorbe. But I suppose it's not his points that matter so much as the fact that he was chainsaw-defending EA, if I read that correctly. I'm not entirely convinced on that one, but it does look better than the kuribo wagon, which doesn't make much sense. massive, any comments about the Empking wagon? You kinda ignored it.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:38 am

Post by massive »

I didn't think the Empking bandwagon had much merit to it, and was more interested (at the beginning of it) in questioning dcorbe, who I thought behaved more scummily as we approached lynch. By the time I answered my own questions about dcorbe and voted for kuribo, I imagined that the empking bandwagon had stalled without much impact. The people who voted for empking AFTER I voted for kuribo were: roflcopter, who voted for him because he wasn't on the EA bandwagon; kuribo, who voted for him for claiming the three-mafia-tell wasn't a tell; and Cybele, who voted for him for (in my understanding) claiming the three-mafia-tell wasn't a tell after it turned up scum. None of those votes really connected to the initial bandwagon, and since I was (and still am) suspicious of kuribo, I was giving less merit to his vote.

I also don't put much credence in the "chainsaw defense" theory. I think dcorbe is scummier than q21.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:19 am

Post by q21 »

roflcopter wrote:sigh. seriously, can nobody go back and read what i wrote about q21 when the empking wagon was going on?

long story short, q21 engaged in something that i've seen called "the chainsaw defense" on behalf of erratus. that is, he defended erratus not by trying to argue against the points that were made in favor of erratus being scum, but by attacking erratus' most vocal attacker, dcorbe. if empking is truly the cop, then we have a further point against q21 in the fact that dcorbe is cop-confirmed innocent.

i'm pretty uneasy about this whole kuribo wagon.
I believe I've answered this already.
q21 wrote:Apparently I have some splaining to do.

I originally posted my suspicions about dcorbe based on the fact that he seemed to change from serious is bad to serious is good just when it would give him reason to bandwagon EA. I also mentioned that I didn't like the reason the bandwagon started on EA and didn't feel it was worth L-2 so early in the game. Apparently that amounted to defending EA and when he came up scum I knew I would probably take some heat for it today and so be it. I am prepared to answer for any and every action I have committed.

I think my actions yesterday are summed up by the simple statement that it is a townies job to call out anything and everything they disagree with and this is what I did.
I don't see how dcorbe being "cop-confirmed innocent" is a further point against me. For starters townies make mistakes and it is possible I did so with dcorbe, but he has acted scummy and I feel I was perfectly within my rights to attack him for it. Also, a probable cop claiming someone to be innocent is reason to stop voting them then, but it is not reason to drop all suspicion of dcorbe. There are many eventualities in which dcorbe is scum.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Lowell »

This defense is weak, and I'm in a pro-roflcopter mood right now.
vote q21
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:50 am

Post by q21 »

What is weak about it?

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Lowell »

The fact that you're still trying to justify the dcorbe vote, even now. I guess it's possible he's scum somehow, but to pretend that it's still likely or reasonable to accuse him over the myriad other choices is dumb. You're trying to not back down because you think it makes you look strong in your convictions and innocent. The opposite is true.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:56 am

Post by q21 »

I have unvoted dcorbe and don't intend to vote for him any time in the near future I was simply pointing out how I don't see that a claimed cop claiming dcorbe is innocent is a point against me.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by kuribo »

massive wrote:kuribo, who voted for him for claiming the three-mafia-tell wasn't a tell;
I also don't put much credence in the "chainsaw defense" theory. I think dcorbe is scummier than q21.
Yes, let's gloss right over the myriad of other reasons Empking was scummy.

So if you think Dcorbe is scum, then you think Empking is lying?

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

The q21 wagon is laaaame.