Mini 622 - Mind Screw Mafia - Das ist alles!

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I still say any kind of day 1 massclaim, even just a mass nameclaim, in "Mind Screw Mafia" is quite likely to end up being a bad idea, one way or the other.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:32 am

Post by Macavenger »

Korts wrote:I'm not saying any more, but I expect any protective role to be protecting me tonight.
Why should protective roles be targetting you because of this? I don't get it. I can see why you expect someone (you) to die if we lynch the mod, and this explains Battousai's rule. Does not explain why you're trying to direct any possible doctors.

Yos2, Jex, who do you think is scum? You've both been pretty quiet about that. Actually I guess more people than just Yos2 and Jex need to speak up about that, but those two names have jumped out the most for me as having contributed to figuring out the setup but not hunting scum to speak of.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, at the moment, I think Korts looks pretty scummy, between all the pressure he's been giving for the town to do different kind of massclaims and other general wierdness. And that "trying to get doc protection" post you quote there looks pretty bad too.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Korts »

Yeah, I can't justify my call for protection without a full claim. Which I'm not gonna do. So all you doctors out there, just do whatever you want.
scumchat never die
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:07 am

Post by remussaidow »

I know that this is the standard logic argument, but Korts looks so strange and off the radar of townishness, that I can't help thinking that he's actually trying to get himself NKed. I mean, is there a role in mafia that wins like that? I know that the jester wins when he gets lynched, but does anyone win if they get NKed?

I mean, really, that's the only reason I can think of to ask for doc protection at night and NOT be willing to run a full claim.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Korts »

Ok, you're right. If I went this far... I just didn't want to claim this early. But I guess getting drunk and spilling your role name isn't helpful these days, so here it is. I'm a Townie Cop, though I don't get alignments through investigation, only role name and place of origin. After this, the (possibly non-existent) doc decide whether to protect me or not.
scumchat never die
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:20 am

Post by remussaidow »

well, that does seem to lend credence to the idea that role names have a significance, doesn't it?
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Macavenger »

To me it only lends credence to the idea that scum have safeclaims. Rolenamecop is a fairly common town role to help pierce safeclaims. In a game like this, I doubt we'll be able to infer alignment from name claims, especially if the scum have safeclaims.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I'm just saying it might be useful. not def will be, but might be.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Battousai »

Well I think it's safe to assume Agent Smith would probably be mafia, no? Maybe we all should name claim, and then when Korts investigates anyone we will know if they lied. Of course, we probably won't be able to tell alignment from a name claim alone in most cases, but as I said I'm pretty sure an Agent Smith, or a Scar (Lion King) we could make a very educated guess. What does everybody think?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by remussaidow »

that would require two things-

Korts to not be lying, and for korts to have more or less continuous doc protection.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by iamausername »

I don't think making assumptions about alignment based on role names is a good idea in a game called "Mind Screw Mafia".
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Point of Order!

"We can tell other people about - having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future. "

Luckily for everyone, there's been an explosion of posts in the last two days. For that, and that alone, you Pass the First Mod Deadline Review. Date of the next Mod Deadline Review has been set. - Tar

The Eighteenth Vote Count (aka the "What Are You Trying to Become, King of Groundhog Day?" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Korts (2) - iamausername, Macavenger, Battousai, Jenter Brolincani
Battousai (0)
Jenter Brolincani (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (4)
Musher333 (0)
Macavenger (0) - Nocmen
Cavebear with a toothache (0)
Jex (0) - remussaidow, cavebear with a toothache
Nocmen (1)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)
Tarhalindur (0)
Battle Mage (1) - Korts

Not Voting (4): MafiaSSK, Musher333, Jex, Yosarian2

Votes required to lynch: ???

FoS Count:

Korts (2) - Yosarian2, Macavenger
Battousai (1) - Macavenger
Jenter Brolincani (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (2) - Korts, iamausername
Musher333 (0)
Macavenger (0) - Korts
Jex (0)
Nocmen (1) - remussaidow
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Current Deadline:
???
Next Mod Deadline Review:
???

End Point of Order!
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Point of Order!

Wait a minute, I need to make a decision. Thread locked pending Mod action. - Tar

EDIT: Rules Infraction: Tarhalindur.

EDIT #2: Executive decision reached. Korts is being forcibly replaced for two violations of the same rule (one in Post 9, one in Post 180), one severe (the violation in Post 180 nearly warranted a modkill).

Korts: Please don't pull a mozsuggs, or I will have to modkill you after all. - Tar

End Point of Order!
User out of ambit.

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by remussaidow »

well then, it seems as though nameclaiming is a violation. That's...

interesting.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Not name claiming. He claimed his rolename in 173. Best guess would be the relevant rule is mod PM quoting, though if 180 was close enough to be an infraction of that, I'm not sure why it didn't get him modkilled.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by remussaidow »

sorry, roleclaiming. I called it by the wrong one.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Point of order!

I am reviewing my previous decision. You may continue to post until I have finished review. - Tar

End Point of order!
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Point of order!

End of Day 1

"The true challenge of invention lies not in the creation, but rather in the ability to control one's project. The Antarans understood this axiom well... understood that it applies to the individual organism as well as the body politic. First, identify the problem. Devise a solution that allows for manageability. Assemble the elements that comprise the whole. Combine them, allowing reactions to occur. Observe the reactions, and identify the cancerous elements. The ones that work counter to the intended result. The ones that gnaw away at the new creation. Once identified, the rogue elements can be dealt with. Cast out. Eliminated. Thus, the new creation can thrive and grow."

Due to a combination of a third violation of the same rule from Korts (in Post 173) that I previously missed and recognition that my previous decision endangers the game state, I am reversing my decision from post 188 - Korts is being modkilled (but NOT banned from future Tar games). I apologize for the confusion. - Tar

Even in this screwed up world, there are some things that simply cannot be allowed.

Korts never explicitly broke any of these rules, but he came so close on so many occasions that the omniscient failed to act in accordance with the greater harmony.

Unfortunately for him, while he was mortal, the omniscient was not. When the Wrath of Mod was called forth, Korts was erased for his error while the omniscient was not.

Which is odd, since they were in a way one and the same.

Yet another consequence of this requiem of blades.

Korts, Tarhalindur (from Real Life), Townie Cop, Erased from Existence (modkilled/autolossed) Day 1

It is now Night 1. You have ??? hours to get night actions in to me. I recommend haste.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

A family emergency just came up, my access may be affected.

No need for backup mod yet, but a policy change affecting when day may start has been temporarily added due to the current situation.

No, I can't tell you what it is. See Rule 0.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Beginning of Day 2

Now that I'm allowed to explain some policy decisions, I will do so.

Korts was given a Rules Infraction for Jackassery (Rule 1) in Post 9 due to asking a question about the structure of the role PM. This is dangerously close to falling under the category of mod PM quoting, and it's a definite example of Jackassery (attempting to use the structure of a Mod PM to gain an advantage). He's lucky that he tried to use the one part of the role PM that I allow to be quoted in full (role name), otherwise he would have received an Official Warning for coming dangerously close to Mod PM quoting at minimum.

Korts was given Public Humiliation for Post 127 due to a violation of Rule 12. Since Rule 12 is an joke rule (injoke rule, really - it originated on another forum I'm on), this had no effect whatsoever.

Korts was given a Rules Infraction for Jackassery in Post 173 for the exact same reason that he received a Rules Infraction in Post 9.

Korts was modkilled for Jackassery (proxying for Mod PM Quoting) in Post 180 for the words " role name and place of origin".
Technically,
this is a paraphrase, since the original phrase from the role PM was "role name and point of origin". However, the phrase that he chose to use was so similar to the original wording of the role PM that I mistook it as the actual wording. I decided to infract for Jackassery instead of Mod PM Quoting (technically it's a paraphrase and I really didn't want to modkill Day 1 in
another
Tar game) so as to permit forced replacement. The not-unfounded reaction that Korts was being replaced for role PM quoting (which could have left his replacement considered mod-confirmed when he shouldn't have been) and the discovery of Post 173's infraction led me to upgrade to a modkill for Jackassery.

Protip 1: If I can mistake the wording of your paraphrase for the wording of the original PM, it's likely to get you modkilled.

Protip 2: As you may have noticed, Jackassery
is
the catchall rule for things which are unacceptable but not explicitly outlawed in the rules.

Tarhalindur was granted a Rules Infraction for sloppy handling of the Korts situation and failing to post the words "Point of Order!" and "End Point of Order!" in Post 188 (when that protocol still applied).

The specific policy change affecting when day started was to start day as soon as all night actions were in instead of after 4 days (similar to what I did under threat of limited access in TMM).

Why am I telling you this now? Well, wait for the next post...
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

A nuclear launch. A shot in the dark.

Two projectiles converge on their mark.

A change of world. A blinding flash.

And Jenter Brolincani is brought unto ash.

Jenter Brolincani, Chairman Mao (from the card game Mao), Mafia Godfather, Nuked and Hoist By His Own Petard Night 1

Rule 0 removed. All rules are now visible to all players. I may now answer rules questions.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Lose it. It means, go crazy... nuts... insane... bonzo... no longer in possession of one's faculties... three fries short of a Happy Meal... WACKO!"

The Nineteenth Vote Count (aka the "Damn, That's a Cool Boat. I Gotta Get Me One of Those." Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (0)
Musher333 (0)
Macavenger (0)
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Not Voting (10):
Battousai
remussaidow
MafiaSSK
Musher333
Macavenger
Cavebear with a toothache
Jex
Nocmen
Yosarian2
iamausername

Votes required to lynch: 6

FoS Count:

Korts (0)
Battousai (0)
Jenter Brolincani (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (0)
Musher333 (0)
Macavenger (0)
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Current Deadline:
July 18, 2008
Next Mod Deadline Review:
July 11, 2008

Begin Day 2!
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Macavenger »

Thoughts:

I'm almost positive that inability to see the rules was related to Jenter being alive, since he was from the cardgame Mao. For anyone who doesn't know, Mao is a cardgame where players are not allowed to talk about the rules in any fashion - you have to figure them out by watching or playing. A common twist is that a player who wins a hand gets to make up a new rule for the next hand, so we might want to be alert for something of that nature happening, though I doubt it will now that the Mao godfather is gone and we're aware of the rules.

From flavor, it appears there were 2 kills last night, both ending up targetted on Jenter. This suggests that the Mafia may not have known the rules either, since their kill ended up being redirected to Jenter. I suppose we could also have a very lucky Doc. "Hoist by his own petard" would kind of suggest to me that the mafia accidentally killed one of their own, though. If true, this means they were trying to kill Yos, which makes Yos very likely town.

I'll reread in a bit and see if I can find anything that looks like possible connections to Jenter, but I'm kinda doubtful about that since not a whole lot of actual scumhunting got done yesterday.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Macavenger »

Erm... just noticed,
Mod:
is MafiaSSK supposed to have 4 votes on him at the start of the day, or is this another vote count error?

Knew I hadn't accounted for the 4. - Tar

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”