Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I think G5 is probably town but has higher likelihood to be snowing town than other slots.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1294, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 1283, Gentleman 4 wrote:Lady 8, have you said the only things that you have to contribute after your catch-up?
In post 1292, Gentleman 4 wrote:I will admit I'm markedly disappointed in Lady 8's contributions today.
If you're town instead of just throwing shade maybe you can make this game more bearable by engaging in conversation with me and asking me questions because yes, the name `${Gender} ${Number}` is definitely helping me cognitively recognize players easier.
I apologize if it comes off as just throwing shade, this isn't my intent and I think I've made it pretty obvious that I think you're town. I was just hoping to be able to engage with you on several topics -- perhaps my reaction was bad but it doesn't come across in a particularly positive way when the first and only thing of note that you have to comment on is how you think my partner should be dead, and even then based solely off a post that (at least it came across to me in such a way) was merely responsive to how toxic a certain player was being to deal with. I don't know about you but I've rarely found solid basis in calling another player scum simply because they remarked on how little they want to play with a person after said person told someone they can go die (and called that someone else a repugnant toad :roll: ).
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1300, Gentleman 6 wrote:I think G5 is probably town but has higher likelihood to be snowing town than other slots.
There was like one particular post that I really liked and now I can't find it, and my other half is going to kill me if I keep playing mafia too long so kind of reminder for me to find it tomorrow if I can't find it quickly.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:38 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1298, Lady 7 wrote:G3 not asking anyone even though he's been around a lot feels weird. I don't like his I don't want to drag anyone down, can we make it to endgame really.

I worry that he's waiting to see if his partner is townread enough for a scum-scum pairing that will make them super strong scum pairing that they'll win in that end game stand off.
What makes me most nervous about his approach is that he has hinted that he'd like his partner to be chosen for him -- which is a remarkably careful approach and not one that I would take if I was playing a game where I didn't know who I could trust and who I couldn't.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1298, Lady 7 wrote:G3 not asking anyone even though he's been around a lot feels weird. I don't like his I don't want to drag anyone down, can we make it to endgame really.

I worry that he's waiting to see if his partner is townread enough for a scum-scum pairing that will make them super strong scum pairing that they'll win in that end game stand off.
I mean the point of this game is to pair confident townreads with each other, so like, I only want to pair with someone I confidently townread if people also confidently townread me. It's common sense if you think ahead, but most people just aren't.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1303, Gentleman 4 wrote:What makes me most nervous about his approach is that he has hinted that he'd like his partner to be chosen for him
I never said this, I want other people's input but if I do intend to survive to endgame I'm not going to pair with someone I don't townread.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1304, Gentleman 3 wrote:

I mean the point of this game is to pair confident townreads with each other, so like, I only want to pair with someone I confidently townread if people also confidently townread me. It's common sense if you think ahead, but most people just aren't.
So then ask one of your confident town reads.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

And comments like those throw me for a loop because I really don't know where the town as a whole stands on me and that's vital information before I pair.

Pedit: did you not read what I just said
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Like this basically confirmation stage should be over now right? I've never played a dance game before but this feels entirely hit or miss. The ones who haven't posted haven't and whatever. I don't really understand why the active ones are hemming and hawing.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Uh I can't find the G5 post i really liked and said he was town for, but I'm now properly drunk so ask me again tomorrow and I will try to figure out what I saw.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I think G3 and L6 should pair.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1305, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1303, Gentleman 4 wrote:What makes me most nervous about his approach is that he has hinted that he'd like his partner to be chosen for him
I never said this, I want other people's input but if I do intend to survive to endgame I'm not going to pair with someone I don't townread.
I didn't say you said it, I said you hinted at it, and you confirm this with the second part of your sentence in your response.

In addition, there's this here:
In post 1083, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1078, Gentleman 4 wrote:Gentleman 3, is there a reason you haven't proposed yet?
- because I don't like making decisions
- because I think pairs should be widely agreed on
- because I want to pair with someone who wants to pair with me, and only L5 has expressed interest, and I have thought about asking her but have not yet come to a conclusion
Who are you thinking of proposing to, if anyone?
Depends on how people read me, which I really don't have that clear of a picture on. If people feel good about me I'd want one of my townreads (probably L5 or L7); if I'm going to be mislynched anyway, I would not want to drag them down and would instead try to pair with scum/lynchbait.
Unless I'm misinterpreting something.

Put it however you like, but I feel there's been a lot of thoughts put out there about who should pair with who, I don't really see where you're lacking in input, and yet I don't see a proactive push from you as far as finding a partner.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 849, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 795, Gentleman 7 wrote:Also, L9, why did you accept so early?
Forgot about this for a minute. I'll answer this by saying I didn't accept early (I didn't even accept the first offer I got), Gent 2 had been talking about it for a while, and finally made the decision to ask me. I'm counting on Gent 2 to lead the pairing discussion, as the IC, so when they say wait I wait, and when they say go I go.
Oh well it looks like I might not make it past predance, so might as well out some of my thoughts.

While L9 is probably right that we shouldn't worry about reading her until after intermission, I just wanted to point out that this post feels off especially with the tone of her posts thus far. Maybe means nothing, but feels like super catering to the IC. The IC really isn't much of anything except confirmed town. It doesn't make you better at reading people; it doesn't make you anything special except confirmed town. You know they're town and you know (hope) they aren't lying about their reads.

Lady 9 seemed like she had a mind of her own. I don't agree with G5? that doing stuff in the early game to progress the game is overly townie because that's like the most superficial reason to become townie ever. It's really not that alignment indicative because scum know that's how hey can look good and many scum try to make sure they look good early game, so that's a weak point.

So L9 looks like she has a big mind of her own and that's pretty much why G2 chose her, so why does she all of the sudden when paired with the IC be like when he says jump I jump type behavior? Feels like pandering. He's not infallible or special he's just town.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

L7 you'll find someone
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1311, Gentleman 4 wrote:I didn't say you said it, I said you hinted at it, and you confirm this with the second part of your sentence in your response.
Fair enough, but any hints you might have thought you received to that effect were mistaken.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

From the second half of that post, I basically want to know if people are going to try to lynch me or not.

If they can confidently tell me they aren't, I will probably offer to L7.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

I honestly thought you meant make it to end game in the other sense of the word and I was very confused.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

hrm

I think you should ask 6.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

L9! What do you think about L6?
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Looking for replacement for Lady 1.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 1312, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 849, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 795, Gentleman 7 wrote:Also, L9, why did you accept so early?
Forgot about this for a minute. I'll answer this by saying I didn't accept early (I didn't even accept the first offer I got), Gent 2 had been talking about it for a while, and finally made the decision to ask me. I'm counting on Gent 2 to lead the pairing discussion, as the IC, so when they say wait I wait, and when they say go I go.
Oh well it looks like I might not make it past predance, so might as well out some of my thoughts.

While L9 is probably right that we shouldn't worry about reading her until after intermission, I just wanted to point out that this post feels off especially with the tone of her posts thus far. Maybe means nothing, but feels like super catering to the IC. The IC really isn't much of anything except confirmed town. It doesn't make you better at reading people; it doesn't make you anything special except confirmed town. You know they're town and you know (hope) they aren't lying about their reads.

Lady 9 seemed like she had a mind of her own. I don't agree with G5? that doing stuff in the early game to progress the game is overly townie because that's like the most superficial reason to become townie ever. It's really not that alignment indicative because scum know that's how hey can look good and many scum try to make sure they look good early game, so that's a weak point.

So L9 looks like she has a big mind of her own and that's pretty much why G2 chose her, so why does she all of the sudden when paired with the IC be like when he says jump I jump type behavior? Feels like pandering. He's not infallible or special he's just town.
I thought I made it clear previously that I was hoping for the IC to lead or at least help lead discussion on pairings?
Gentleman 6 wrote:L9! What do you think about L6?
I still like her, I don't agree with, but I don't scumread her from bringing it up.

If you were serious about then that would change my opinion, but it seems like you aren't
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1307, Gentleman 3 wrote:And comments like those throw me for a loop because I really don't know where the town as a whole stands on me and that's vital information before I pair.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:30 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1321, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1307, Gentleman 3 wrote:And comments like those throw me for a loop because I really don't know where the town as a whole stands on me and that's vital information before I pair.

Fucking crap.

I read what you said. I don't care.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1310, Gentleman 6 wrote:I think G3 and L6 should pair.

and why is that?

(considering I'm now worried that's the scum-scum pair he's been hemming and hawing all game to make)
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I think that L6 is one of my top townreads. Do you think that's hasty?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”