Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3875 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:28 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 3870, Lady 5 wrote:Who is TrueSoulEnergy and why are they posting in this thread?
Hes you, but from before. You are you now, but havent always been, and wont always be you.

Are you scum? Be honest, God is watching.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3876 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:29 am

Post by Lady 2 »

So looking at the pairs we have, I also don't have a strong bead on two T-T pairs. Not even one right now, honestly.

Excited but also horrified that old!L5 says G8 has posted in their PT but not in the thread????

I keep going back and forth on G1 myself. He's been okay in PT I guess.
In post 3842, Gentleman 1 wrote:L5 is obsessed with enforcing her story of how the game is working. Narrative pushing will be promptly shot down if I have anything to say about it.
VOTE: Lady 5
Another point against her is how much she is talking about how G8 is not doing anything. That seems like a sort of guilty conscience-based mindset where she is most likely thinking, “why can’t my partner be around to make me not have to work so hard to preserve my pairing?”
But how can I read this and
not
think he's scum? Phrases like "another point against her" are peak "cases are scummy" scummy. Ugh.

I ... L9 voting L5/G8 over my pair is worrisome. I'm starting to think it would be better if my pair was kicked out first. If G8/L5 is T-T we're in a deep hole, though I guess the same is true if G1 is in fact Town and we're lynched first.
In post 3302, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 3261, Gentleman 6 wrote:As an example, in the early game, they called Celeste leanscum because of "small concerns" with no reason given.
They recently changed that to leantown because of Celeste's "effort" even though she's literally been an absentee slot for the vast majority of the game outside of D1.
They noncommittally give milquetoast takes and ask questions that they never really follow up on when they actually are posting alignment indicative content.
Very good points here.

Gent 1, why did your read on me change?

Gent 6, where are you focusing for the first lynch, gent 1 or gent 5?
In post 3263, Gentleman 5 wrote:
G1 - So I really havent had time to personally witness him in action so I have to go by rereading. I really do not like his way of nicknames, as it makes going back kinda a pain if you dont know the person. I feel like most of his questioning didnt really go anywhere, and that he didnt follow through on any of it. #1658 seems like the only post worth its weight, the rest looks like just asking questions and nicknames. Meh slot.
I kinda agree with the posts above.

But the con is that L5 lives awhile longer.
I think Lady 5 is playing too weird to actually be scum this game. Gent 8 hasn't done anything, his proposals were pretty bad though. I'm in agreement that Gent 8 needs to go before the final 3-4 or so pairings, as he isn't doing anything to make himself readable

Gent 6, I'm halfway on Gent 3/Lady 6, I townread Lady 6 but don't have a read on Gent 3 (even after I look at his iso, I can't seem to get a good feel for him), can you explain why he is town?
In post 3863, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 3848, Lady 7 wrote:Why isn’t l9 scum? Come on people, her approach to the game is so scum motivated it’s ridiculous. Starts off strong with some analytical posts early day one and then floats on the laurels of early town reads for the rest of the game. How is this town? How is this above suspicion? I also don’t like her post today, mostly in the part where she feels the need to include her being young oerslective. It’s like no shit, you don’t need to qualify that but sometimes scum do. Also if g1 is scum, she poo-pooed my earlier read on g1 for posting to post. Look at her beginning of first dance hop onto g5, which seemed to be sleeping g6 predance rather than any kind of assessment of her own.

So what is town about her? I don’t see it. Also if there are five pairs left and she confidently likes l6/g3, what that Piet should have said is she’s willing to tear through the last three pairs because they contain all the pairs. So why specifically say your taking a hard eye in 7-7. Kinda makes me think we’re actually a town town pair she needs to get rid of.
I mentioned your pair because I thought it was T-T yesterday but now with so many town flips I've changed my mind, plus determining between your pair and gent 3/lady 6 is pretty important. I think there is a sort of consensus agreement that lady 5/gent 8 and lady 2/gent 1 are both getting lynched today, which leaves your pair, Gent 3/Lady 6, and my pair. And I don't know what Gent 2 is thinking right now
In post 3864, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 3855, Lady 5 wrote:If your in my position and you want to win and not lose to mafia.
What would you do?
Not that
In post 3861, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 3851, Lady 7 wrote:I am also willing to move to G8, the longer this crap goes on the longer I can't believe he might be town somehow.
Can you vote G8? Save the mod the hassle?
I can

VOTE: Lady 5/Gent 8
In post 3872, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 3871, Gentleman 1 wrote:I also see L5 just straight up lost her mind. I might be having a confirmation bias situation but that meltdown really feels like it comes from scum with how indignant it seems. It feels like such a selfish reaction to not having G8 around. I feel like town would be upset there was an empty slot at all, but L5 made it all about her.
I think that this a strange opinion to have.
I'm paranoid now that L9 is actually scum with G1? But if that were true would she even be investing in getting the other pair lynched first?

I need to do more thinking, clearly. If my paranoia (?) that L5/G8 is T-T is true, maybe new!L5 and G8 (who exists maybe? Is there precedent for a slot not posting in-thread for over a week - yes I know including Intermission but still - and not getting replaced? L5 was replaced so quickly!) can help get themselves sorted?
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3877 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:10 am

Post by FakeGod »

I have been in pm contact with g8 who has been sick for few days. He really wanted to play in the game but he has finally asked for replacement.

Looking for replacement.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3878 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:21 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

VOTE: G8/L5

Put that couple out of its misery.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3879 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:24 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

There's almost certainly no higher EV play than trusting G6 and leaving my couple alive, by the way. We've pretty much lost any hope of playing this game in any sort of reasonable way and so I'm willing to just bite the bullet and say we lose if L6 is scum.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3880 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

G8/L5 has even more strikes against it than it did before, and it already had too many
G2/L9 probably would have died had L9 been town and L9 has not been impressive anyway
G1/L2 definitely can't live.

G7/L7 is the only other pair I would consider letting live, and they should probably be the other final pair apart from us.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3881 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Hello, I understand the situation is at a point where we are the pairing that is going to be the next lynch, but can I please have some time first to try to find an all town pairing outside of this one?

I think it's sadly more likely than not that my partner is town, so I would like to do what I can to prevent, if nothing else, a perfect scum win if I am correct about this.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3882 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:41 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Knock yourself out, but I won't be listening to you over G6 if you come to a different conclusion from him.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3883 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:44 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

And while I appreciate you doing us the public service of replacing into this shithole of a game, it's probably not worth your time to put a lot of effort into solving, unless you're the type of person who frequently replaced into big games and solves them very quickly and accurately.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3884 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Lady 5 »

No offense, but it doesn't sound productive to sheep dead town in a game where we are this close to losing with no scum flips.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3885 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Why not?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3886 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

And furthermore... isn't that exactly what you were asking us to do in ?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3887 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Because what basis do you have to trust in them to be accurate?

I have a question, roughly what was the consensus read on the intermission kill pairing?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3888 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 3886, Gentleman 3 wrote:And furthermore... isn't that exactly what you were asking us to do in ?
I'm brand new to the game in a pairing that appears to be on the threshold of being lynched for reasons that aren't necessarily alignment indicative. That's not quite the same thing.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3889 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Lady 5 »

As it stands, I'm town reading this interrogation. G1 is either scum or playing a terrible town game, and L7 is a scumread based off primarily how she is structuring her posts.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3890 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 3887, Lady 5 wrote:Because what basis do you have to trust in them to be accurate?
The majority of people are right the majority of the time when making a claim like that. And that's way better than we would get in a disorganized town that's 30% scum and plagued by petty fights and AFKers.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3891 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 3887, Lady 5 wrote:I have a question, roughly what was the consensus read on the intermission kill pairing?
People thought L4 was town, G5 was pretty awful midday but was getting better.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3892 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 3890, Gentleman 3 wrote:The majority of people are right the majority of the time when making a claim like that.
A claim like what, exactly?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3893 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 3888, Lady 5 wrote:I'm brand new to the game in a pairing that appears to be on the threshold of being lynched for reasons that aren't necessarily alignment indicative. That's not quite the same thing.
I don't imagine you would want us to give you time to get reads if you didn't want us to then listen to them?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3894 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 3892, Lady 5 wrote:A claim like what, exactly?
"This person is definitely town"
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3895 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 3889, Lady 5 wrote:L7 is a scumread based off primarily how she is structuring her posts.
Explain.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3896 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:17 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 3880, Gentleman 3 wrote:G8/L5 has even more strikes against it than it did before, and it already had too many
G2/L9 probably would have died had L9 been town and L9 has not been impressive anyway

G7/L7 is the only other pair I would consider letting live, and they should probably be the other final pair apart from us.
I agree with this quite a bit, and the only thing that would change my mind on this is if L5/G8 flips T/T.

I'm kind of getting a bit paranoid of L7 myself, but I'm not sure if this is something that could come from scum to have her flip between scumreading me and then taking it back soon after. I firmly believe G3 is town, L5 is actually probably town but I think that pair shouldn't stick around until the end and out of the remaining people, they should probably go first.

G1/L2 should go as well, but I feel more confident that they will flip T/S in some way, while this might flip T/T, and is going to be more impactful on the game if that happens.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3897 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 3893, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 3888, Lady 5 wrote:I'm brand new to the game in a pairing that appears to be on the threshold of being lynched for reasons that aren't necessarily alignment indicative. That's not quite the same thing.
I don't imagine you would want us to give you time to get reads if you didn't want us to then listen to them?
A fresh set of eyes is rarely a bad thing to have in a game that devolved to how it currently is.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3898 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:21 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 3896, Gentleman 7 wrote:G1/L2 should go as well, but I feel more confident that they will flip T/S in some way, while this might flip T/T, and is going to be more impactful on the game if that happens.
I do not like this.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3899 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:23 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 3896, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 3880, Gentleman 3 wrote:G8/L5 has even more strikes against it than it did before, and it already had too many

I agree with this quite a bit, and the only thing that would change my mind on this is if L5/G8 flips T/T.

I'm kind of getting a bit paranoid of L7 myself, but I'm not sure if this is something that could come from scum to have her flip between scumreading me and then taking it back soon after. I firmly believe G3 is town, L5 is actually probably town but I think that pair shouldn't stick around until the end and out of the remaining people, they should probably go first.

G1/L2 should go as well, but I feel more confident that they will flip T/S in some way, while this might flip T/T, and is going to be more impactful on the game if that happens.
????????

G7, what you do if L5/G8 flips T-T, explain now

I am VERY not sure about the push for G8/L5 to be the first lynch in this phase. And I'm more than a little paranoid that just as there's some light at the end of the tunnel with regard to old!L5 being a rule-breaking mess and G8 being unresponsive - just as there's a chance they might become readable - there are a lot of players saying "well of course G1/L2 and G8/L5 both need to go, L5/G8 definitely goes first".

VOTE: Gentleman 1/Lady 2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”