Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Wow, those are both incredibly bad posts.

G3 talk to me about the why for 3880 when you get a chance. G7 towncase G3.

Please and thank you!
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

L9, what is your read on G1? And on me?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 3950, Gentleman 8 wrote:G3 talk to me about the why for 3880 when you get a chance.
What specifically about it?
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 3951, Lady 2 wrote:L9, what is your read on G1? And on me?
I think that G1 is mafia and that you are town
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 3949, Lady 9 wrote:It's a lot clearer than G8 is scum from my point of view, where I know I'm town, than it would be for you guys. For the coaching thing, his partners could have been telling him what to say when he came back (the old G8) and the new G8 could have picked that up right away upon coming in.

If the scum isn't in l5/g8, but also isn't me, what does the scumteam look like?
I almost just logged into my main :/

I mean that’s the rub right? If you’re town you have the certainty of knowing you’re in a t/t pair, but none of us do. And I don’t have enough to go on to trust that you are a t/t pair either, and part of that might not be your fault if you are town due to town going total war at each other and ending the day early. And I’m probably never going to really have some semblance of trust in my reads this game due to how this game has played out so far.

I don’t think the likelihood I’m in a t/t pair is very high, but I don’t feel comfortable leaving before my concerns about g7 outweigh my concerns about the people positioning to go to the end.

But what did he say that looked like coaching because it looked like general questions to me, and I can’t imagine anyone needing coaching for that. And if it’s not about what’s been said so far, I don’t get preemptively shading what he might be posting. L5 was a mess from her first post and g8 has been absent, yes it’s entirely likely one of them is scum, but it’s also possible they're not right?

I get we don’t have a lot of time but I also don’t get the rush.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

It's not that he's definitely being coached, it's that he could be getting coached due to the large absence and mafia wanting him to do something to prevent his own death

What are your concerns about people positioning to go to the end?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 3871, Gentleman 1 wrote:As for my commentary, it’s actually my way of demonstrating to myself that my catch up is making progress. I noted that it was feeling ineffective at one point before, that was because tracking the page counts from time to time I noticed the gap was not shrinking. So it keeps me from feeling hopeless about my efforts. I do mean it when I say it is a rather cheap-feeling reason to scumread me. A lot of those have seemed to surface during my years of playing mafia and that is probably the most recent one I have noticed.
I forgot I wanted to respond to this. If I can’t read you by what you post, the quality of those posts and reactions, then what can I read you by? It’s not surface or cheap, definitely not when scum often have a harder time posting stuff that moves the game forward and therefore post to be busy. That takes a bunch of different forms, and no the action of making post to post posts is not in and of itself scummy. I post to list al, the time. I comment on things that I just feel like commenting on sometimes but don’t really do anything for the game. And I’ve gotten called out for it and bitched at for it, and it’s irritating when that happens I know.

But I’ve stuck on this feeling for a couple reasons. It doesn’t feel like it’s gotten better, and when it feels like the majority of women Rc is busy work then I get concerned, and I’m sorry if I’m harping on you and you’re town and this is just your process. But you have to know why people would be concerned by some of your contribution, so it’s the reaction in calls it cheap that bugs me because it doesn’t feel like a town reaction to me. If I’m surface level reading you, what should I be seeing that I’m not?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 3955, Lady 9 wrote:It's not that he's definitely being coached, it's that he could be getting coached due to the large absence and mafia wanting him to do something to prevent his own death

I’m not entirely confident on you or on g3. Why are you confident on the g3 townread?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I’m about to pass out so I’ll have to answer anything else tomorrow.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

Hi.

I'm not leaving yet, this G8 looks like somebody I can work with.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 3955, Lady 9 wrote:It's not that he's definitely being coached, it's that he could be getting coached due to the large absence and mafia wanting him to do something to prevent his own death
I mean thoigh this kinda looks like fake paranoia.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

I have already done a quick scan of what has happened since I was last here, and I feel like I should try to think things over more. I definitely feel like scum were primarily in the background during first dance. My prime suspects regarding this are L9 and G7 currently.
UNVOTE:
I think G7’s vote is rather concerning, why would he be interested in a double town flip when that puts the game in do-or-die mode? In fact the more I think on this the more I feel like lynching those two is a mistake.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:28 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 2.2

Gentleman 2 - Lady 9 [0] -
Gentleman 7 - Lady 7 [0] -
Gentleman 3 - Lady 6 [0] -
Gentleman 8 - Lady 5 [4] - Lady 6, Lady 9, Gentleman 3, Gentleman 7
Gentleman 1 - Lady 2 [3] - Lady 7, Lady 5, Lady 2

Not Voting [3]
- Gentleman 2, Gentleman 8, Gentleman 1

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes to lynch

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2019-11-24 03:40:36)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:39 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

VOTE: Gentleman 7
I looked over what he has done and it looks quite lackluster. Specifically I noticed he seemed to be fanning the flames with the G6 + G5 situation before quickly bowing out, and, as already noted, he also shifted from his more likely town scum pair to his more likely double town pair, for a reason that rather awful at this stage of the game.

I would also like if someone who has been paying more attention could tell me who else seemed to be avoiding messing with the game’s direction during first dance.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

UNVOTE: Gentleman 1 - Lady 2
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:14 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 3950, Gentleman 8 wrote:Wow, those are both incredibly bad posts.

G3 talk to me about the why for 3880 when you get a chance. G7 towncase G3.

Please and thank you!
I liked a few of G3's posts and general strategy in approaching the game.
Early on, he's trying to focus on getting townies to pair up and make mechanically good decisions for the game, and doesn't look like he really cares about his own pairing.
He doesn't propose early because he's not in one of the strongest positions relative to some of the other gentlemen and is left to choose near the end of the game.
The entire pre-dance phase, he's not angling to set himself up with a survivable partner, which I think is one of scum's main goals. Now, in this case, most of the really town people already wound up leaving, but...I don't think that was something scum would have anticipated early on. As for first dance, I actually don't really remember, because I fell sick for one evening and the next thing I know, 2 pairs had both left one after the other.

This feels like a really weird fear to have relating to a replacement slot and a strange reason to lynch it.
In post 3961, Gentleman 1 wrote:I have already done a quick scan of what has happened since I was last here, and I feel like I should try to think things over more. I definitely feel like scum were primarily in the background during first dance. My prime suspects regarding this are L9 and G7 currently.
UNVOTE:
I think G7’s vote is rather concerning, why would he be interested in a double town flip when that puts the game in do-or-die mode? In fact the more I think on this the more I feel like lynching those two is a mistake.
It's not that I'm interested in a double town flip. It's that right now, my opinions on pairs are pretty much:
Least
G3/L6, G7/L7
G8/L5
G1/L2, G2/L9
Most
for likelihood to have at least 1 scum in it. And the reason why I want that pair dying is that I can see them winding up leaving in pretty much every case because I don't feel like G8 can really do anything to prove himself one way or another without being incredibly WIFOM-y. And as for why I want them to be first, it's because out of the pairs I like least, I think I would gain the most information from that, in the event that they did flip town. Like, if another pair flipped scum, then I'd just keep with the same lynchpool. But if they flipped town then I'd have to re-evaluate.
In post 3963, Gentleman 1 wrote:VOTE: Gentleman 7
I looked over what he has done and it looks quite lackluster. Specifically I noticed he seemed to be fanning the flames with the G6 + G5 situation before quickly bowing out, and, as already noted, he also shifted from his more likely town scum pair to his more likely double town pair, for a reason that rather awful at this stage of the game.

I would also like if someone who has been paying more attention could tell me who else seemed to be avoiding messing with the game’s direction during first dance.
Can you point out anything I did to fan the issue between G6 and G5? I've done nothing like that.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:52 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 3953, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 3951, Lady 2 wrote:L9, what is your read on G1? And on me?
I think that G1 is mafia and that you are town
Then it shouldn't matter from your perspective whether G1/L2 is lynched first and G8/L5 second?

I
really
don't understand your perspective doubling down on G8 having to be scum. G8 could be scum, as I see it, certainly. I don't think he's said anything so remarkable yet as to make him a significant Townread for me. I also haven't seen anything which warrants wondering whether he's scum being coached by his buddies. It's just - let me repeat - bizarre to me that you jumped straight from me saying I don't want L5 to leave outright because G8 might become readable and because we lose information by having a quick leave without a lynch wagon to you saying that "it's hard looking at what he's saying right now without thinking that he could have been coached or whatnot extensively before posting this stuff". I never said that his posts upon replacing in made him look Town, even! But you had a vocal Townread on L5 previously and no read on G8, though you did say his proposals were bad and you didn't want to take him to endgame, so ... fair enough. But this is a very very hard pre-emptive case against trying to read G8 or letting him live long enough to post anything readable! And it's not like G8 is your only scumread - and I don't see how he could legitimately be your strongest scumread either, but what do I know. So just. What! How? No.

Everyone assumed L5/G8 would continue to be disruptive and unreadable by inactivity respectively and therefore have to go (G1, still a major suspect of mine, has really only posted about L5 needing to go, plus some shade during First Dance about G6 being disruptive and driving Town off a cliff but without committing to a scumread on him). Now that's changed - potentially, anyway. I'm starting to wonder whether they might not be T-T, a very valuable mislynch scum has been counting on for a long time now that's suddenly much less certain.

Basically, I don't believe you are Town at this point, L9.

UNVOTE:

G7, what the hell information do you take away from a G8/L5 lynch if they flip T-T?

Thinking.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:59 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I like you a lot lady 2!
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:39 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 3966, Lady 2 wrote:G7, what the hell information do you take away from a G8/L5 lynch if they flip T-T?
Right now, I'm seeing that in order for us to win, the pairs that need to go are G1/L2, G2/L9, and G8/L5. Right now, I'm assuming these are all pairs that are T/S, rather than there being any S/S pairs in there.

Among those, I'm the most unsure on G8, as he's hardly posted. And I don't believe I'm wrong on more than on 1 pair. Now, if they were to flip T/T, then it means that there's scum within G3/L6 and me/L7, or there's an S/S pair somewhere. So it would give more time for other townies to react and give their opinions on things, since they're not dead.

On the other hand, if we flip say you and G1 and it becomes T/S, it's not going to really change my strategy (same if G8/L5 is T/S). So I think that if I'm wrong, this gives me more information than doing things in the other order.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 3967, Lady 7 wrote:I like you a lot lady 2!
I'll be honest I like you too. I feel like I'm
supposed
to downplay that and question my Townread on you because our styles and attitudes are similar and maybe I just like you personally and am being pocketed (oh yes, Lady 2, partner of esteemed Gentleman 1, a real prime pocketing opportunity here this game!). But honestly you are my strongest Townread and if I don't work with that productively then I'm
really
not doing what I'm supposed to do, and anyway what of it, it's not like either of us really trust G7 so even if you were scum that's not really a major opportunity for you personally to use me to push your pair to endgame so yeah.

But in that case what do? Lynch L9? Or just lynch G1/L2?

I'm starting to be paranoid that it's G1, L9, one of {L6/G3} as deepwolf. I don't want to be too paranoid but my stronger reads here are G1 and L9 and G1's vote of G7 looks not really like a bus but more like something that avoids touching L9 right now and I think if I'm right and he is scum he just doesn't want to touch the deepwolf at all. If I had to choose one of the L5/G8 voters I've called out G7's explanation seems better than what L9 has here and what G1 has here too so. How do you see it right now?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Yeah same.

G2, L2 and to a lesser extent L6 are the reads I feel best about. I think I'd feel better if I could get those L6/G3 wiggins out of my back pocket.

Was super hoping to come home from work to see a fresh pair of eyes in L5/G8. Hopes dashed.

I've got a stupid cold, so I'm going to sleep hopefully. Be around tomorrow.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

We do need to start making some decisions though because we basically have until midnight Saturday, my time anyway, to finish this up. Right? 4 days and some change from this post.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 3965, Gentleman 7 wrote:The entire pre-dance phase, he's not angling to set himself up with a survivable partner, which I think is one of scum's main goals.
Uhh... I'm pretty sure I was more interested than anyone else in finding a survivable partner.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

I'm not okay with my pair going first. I think doing so dooms us to a loss because of a double town lynch taking out too many town voices, though Gent 2 has been pretty quiet. Still, I think we should wait for Gent 2 to come in and lead us in a direction at this point.

Lady 2, what's the link between me and Gent 1? I think you're confirmation biasing a bit there. What has gentlemen 8 posted that is town indicative instead of just being null/catchup posting/shading other people (and they've disappeared again)? I'm confused as to the direction this game is taking
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

This game mostly depends on whether Lady 9 is scum or Gentleman 1, I believe.

I don't think any other pairing should endgame.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”