Newbie 621 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Mirth »

Hmm. That is not good.

vote: Battousai
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Battousai »

Care to explain your vote? You don't even discuss who would kill farside and why or anything about day 1.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:47 am

Post by Mirth »

What am I supposed to discuss. Cop is dead, mislynch yesterday of a suspicious acting townie.

I will explain my vote. But I want to know why you think I'm voting you.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Battousai »

I'd really prefer if you just told me instead of me guessing.

What do you mean you don't know what to discuss? After every Day and Night it is best to at least review who died, and try and figure out why (looking at the dead's votes before the lynch, their hunches, etc..). As an IC, you've should have played in multiple games and this is pretty standard (some games people go to fast and skip it or something like it, but it is what USUALLY happens).
FOS: Mirth
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Mirth »

No, I'd really like to know what you think of me voting you. I'd also like to hear everyone else's comments on my vote on you. Then I'll give you an answer to all of the above.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Battousai »

I'd prefer if you told me, that way I know it is your own reasoning and not someone else's as to garner their support or what not.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Mirth »

I'll tell you my reasoning later and you could decide for yourself if I'm just stealing ideas or whatever. But I'd really like to hear what you have to say about it. And also Merc and Malex, especially
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:46 am

Post by farside22 »

BAH!!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Malex McJokeus »

mith wrote:
Final Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

Megamieuwsel: 5 (Battousai,
farside22
, Gremwell, Mirth, zeal)

Mirth: 1 (Megamieuwsel)
I am going to go out on a limb and assume that at least one, if not both of the scum had something to do with Mega's untimely demise. If that is the case, then with the death of farside, we have as much as a 50 percent chance to figure out who had to do with the killing of an innocent. I am going to be doing a re-read, focusing of Mirth and Gremwell to start.

Battousai: I don't want to speak for Mirth but for ME, you did raise some suspicion when you voted for Mega saying "That's the hammer vote." I think we could all count to five, and that made you seem eager to kill someone who ended up being an innocent.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Mirth »

Don't worry, Malex, you're only speaking for yourself there. His saying "that's the hammer vote" have nothing to do with it.

Do you think I'm justified in voting Batto? Am I being too hasty in putting down a vote day 2? Should I comment more on the dead?
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Malex McJokeus »

Do I think you are justified? I think you are entitled to vote for whomever you want, but I would also like to hear your reasoning. I also think that as long as your votes are not explained, then I will read into them as being slightly hasty. Since we are one more bad vote away from a Lylo situation, I would want all votes to be well thought out and reasoned, with as much discussion as possible.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Gremwell »

wow TSQ/Farside was cop...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say since Malex is not in the group that voted for mega and he wants to look there for scum, that it may be a diversionary tactic,

it was clear we were not going to settle for a no lynch, so the scum who weren't under any pressure could sit back and let the town have at it.

as for voting for Battousai I was voting for him last round and he doesn't seem any less scummy to me today, I have no problem with the vote.

I think we really need to hit a scum today.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by mercdaemon »

I don't think there's much harm in voting straight off the bat. It's a bit like RVS on day 1 - cases will need to be made before you're going to get significant votage going one way or the other.

Why are you asking Malex and myself specifically, Mirth? Are you looking to gather support for a quick lynch on Batt, do not pass day 2, do not collect 200 posts? Frankly I'm a bit surprised that you weren't killed in the night yourself.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Mirth »

mercdaemon wrote:I don't think there's much harm in voting straight off the bat. It's a bit like RVS on day 1 - cases will need to be made before you're going to get significant votage going one way or the other.

Why are you asking Malex and myself specifically, Mirth? Are you looking to gather support for a quick lynch on Batt, do not pass day 2, do not collect 200 posts? Frankly I'm a bit surprised that you weren't killed in the night yourself.
unvote:Battousai
vote:Merdaemon

That is why I was voting him. I wanted to see which one of you two would bite the bait. Congratulations.
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by mercdaemon »

Congratulations, I've found scum? Awesome!

Vote: Mirth
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Mirth »

Nice OMGUS vote there.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by zeal »

Mirth, I don't really understand the reasoning behind your vote on merc, could you explain for me?

Also we've skipped right past the two vital pieces of information we've just been given and gone straight onto another subject.

I'm kinda suspicious of Mirth, because as merc pointed out, she's not dead. She's been leading the game so far, and I had assumed she would be the nightkill target. Seems to me like she tried to draw attention away from this with her voting of Batto/merc.

Just a bit of warning,
I will be V/LA for 11 days from the 25th of July.
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by mercdaemon »

Mirth wrote:Nice OMGUS vote there.
Thanks.

And now for something completely different.

Let's see what we have here. Day 2 arrives and Mirth votes. Apparently that's to catch me or Malex out on.... something.

I'll stand by what I wrote, for better or worse. Mirth, you appeared to be the most honest scumhunter in day 1. To me, that makes you a target for Mafia in the night. You didn't die? That means something to my opinion of the game. If it makes me scummy to say it then so be it.

With regards to what I wrote about voting off the bat, I still stand by that. You've got a habit of "I'll do this and explain later". Personally, I don't have a problem with that. And that's what I said. You voted Batt. Fine. It's not like that's his death sentence. I didn't think Batt was scum at the time, and I still don't. To me, the vote said something about you.

Maybe you could/should be looking at the play in the last day, but claiming that you've somehow trapped me into revealing myself as scum is ludicrous. To me, it looks like you're reaching for other people to pin things on.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:13 am

Post by Mirth »

zeal wrote:Mirth, I don't really understand the reasoning behind your vote on merc, could you explain for me?

Also we've skipped right past the two vital pieces of information we've just been given and gone straight onto another subject.

I'm kinda suspicious of Mirth, because as merc pointed out, she's not dead. She's been leading the game so far, and I had assumed she would be the nightkill target. Seems to me like she tried to draw attention away from this with her voting of Batto/merc.

Just a bit of warning,
I will be V/LA for 11 days from the 25th of July.
I'm voting Merc because he was the first one to mention that I should have been the nightkill target and that I'm possibly trying to get an early lynch on Batto, but he didn't directly come out and say I was scum in that post. I'm going to wait until Kristopf gets here and Batto actually comments before I reveal my other reason for voting Batto.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Battousai »

Ok, after reading Farside's posts, I do not think the scum killed her because she was a cop. So that leaves semi random, defensive killing, and setup.

If it's defensive killing I would suspect either Grem, Zeal, or Malex for Farside mentions them as being scummy or mentions bad things about them (Malex and his posts). Now we through in the fact that Mirth is still alive. Mirth had similar suspicions on Malex. So if Malex was scum, why didn't he go for the person who basically leads the thread? So either Malex and Mirth are scum pairs or it's Grem or Zeal (if it's a defensive killing)

If it's a setup, then I would expect Grem to be protown as farside was more suspicious of him than the other 2. Unfortunately this way there isn't much to go on, on who IS scum.

If it's semi-random, it means the person randomly picked the target among the 5 protown players, and probably minus 1 or 2 people who would suspect them. So if this was the case, then I would expect Mirth, Merc, or Kristoph to be scum.

And to answer your question Mirth on why you voted me: I refuse to answer. Asking someone to tell everyone else why the person thinks he/she is scummy is a loaded question. If they say "I have not acted scummy" you just pull up some quotes and presto, they lied and look even more scummy. If they answer you, then they could add in more reasons than the one you already had making them even more scummy.

We should look over D1 and the info we got from N1 before placing votes as it distracts the town from this info, sometimes to the point where they don't even go over it. I think I FOS'd Mirth already, but if I havent
FOS:Mirth
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Mirth »

I have no quotes to pull up against you, Batto. I will say no more until Kristopf gets here. But I do have something to say.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Gremwell »

why would Merc defend Battousai unless Battousai was also scum?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Battousai »

Actually Grem, Merc did not defend me, he said he was surprised Mirth is still alive. In a later post he even said he was fine with a vote on me.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Gremwell »

oh I see now, thanks
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Battousai »

MOD: Can we get a prod on Kristopf? Last post was the 21st.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”