Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4325 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:55 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

When we're pushing deadline, I'll have no time to read this thresd, and my predecessor left a butt tonne of notes with her solve ... yes I'm working off what she laid out? Like no shit. What am I pushing, mislynches? Or am I I trying to get as much into this game as possible with what time is left? Is it a scummy or a towny agenda? Going "wooaaahhhhh last minute replace in working from her pred's notes is an AGENDA!!" is such a surface level read it's ridiculous

You're playing to the crowd rather than trying to parse what my agenda is or if you believe it's fake, pressing it until it snaps
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4326 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 4323, Lady 2 wrote:Alright I'll play nice - why G8? What's your clear on L5/G1/G8?
will be at a PC soon.
poe and just more likely than l5
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4327 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

.....ok sweaty
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4328 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

G2 I kinda need a read on your good ladypartner as soon as possible please. I happen to think what the former L2 saw in L9 is actually very transparent and unfortunately that means my job here is effectively pushing 30 tonnes of manure uphill. Luckily I'm the gal for the job.

I'm not sold on the partner yet. I'll synopsise my pred's outgoing comments as a way to swing myself into this game but please please please. People check in when you can.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4329 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

If Lady 2 were town you'd have notes telling you that Gent 8/Lady 5 is scum

But you don't, because Lady 2 didn't specify "gent 1 isn't scum" even though she would have said that

The one trying to "play to a crowd" is you here anyway
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4330 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

so the player pairs are:

{g1,
l2
}
{
g2
, l9}
{g8, l5}

my predecessor appears to have fallen on the side of townreading g1. she's asked for me to consider a couple of tells in his iso; i'll be checking against this asap.

my pred has pointed out that we were scarcely a point of contention during second dance *until* voicing an opinion that l9 was scum. following this l9 pivoted to the only stance she could have (that we are scum). personally i think the fact that she's trying to find a way to make that read fit at any cost is pretty transparent but on this occasion g2's read is about 100 times more important than mine, and the reads of g1/g8/l5 are needed as well.

it seems that l5 has been kind of townbinning l9 which from my perspective is pretty concerning regardless of l9's alignment; i'd be pretty interested in an updated read on l9 from l5 when she has a chance to check in.

if l9 were town paired with the IC, there is close to no reason not to just shoot the t/ic pair during intermission outside of like. suboptimal play levels of wifom. it sounds as though g3's late iso is a valuable read (prior to l6 exiting prematurely) so i will be digging that up as part of my catchup. it sounds like my pred put quite a lot of effort into blitzing her reads against g3's, questioning whether they stood up and ultimately just agrees with quite a lot of what he was saying.

based on some of g7's 1D content, she belives that g8/g1 are not a scumteam. this is very useful, though as far as i can tell my pred is kind of poe/townlean on g8 and not totally confident on his alignment.

my pred implored that i talk with g2 and see whether he sees any of what we're seeing in l9; if we are correct and l9 is scum, l2 is currently the absolute pivotal slot right now.
she has implored me to work with g1 (i'd prefer to do a quick check myself before going too hard on this but based on her casing i'm pretty comfortable with her solve).
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4331 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4329, Lady 9 wrote:If Lady 2 were town you'd have notes telling you that Gent 8/Lady 5 is scum
her notes suggest that there's very likely 1 scum in this bracket, and she is all-but-convinced that you are their partner.
gth i like l5 less than g8 based on her notes and a few stray posts i've read but i'm not sold on this.
In post 4329, Lady 9 wrote:But you don't, because Lady 2 didn't specify "gent 1 isn't scum" even though she would have said that
could you please elaborate on what this means? i'm not sure why you are pretending to know what my pred's notes say
In post 4329, Lady 9 wrote:The one trying to "play to a crowd" is you here anyway
as a wise lady i know once said,
"...ok sweaty"

i'm a replacement with <48 hrs to correctly identify two scum. i have nothing but my instincts and my predecessor's substantial notes to work off. i'm gonna be sitting here solving this game and i need to work with other townies to do that because we're in fucking lylo

i am trying to check my pred's reads against my own and very much want to engage with the others lots in this game as much as possible given i have like. less than a single prod timer to do it in.

the crowd can suck it - i'm not here to make friends, i'm here to lynch scum.
check yourself on the same page. you ignore the replacein and plea for engagement from a slot you should be wanting to absolutely slam into a grave and instead throw cute comments at your IC dance partner - how are you possibly getting that i'm playing to the crowd and not trying to kick this game's ass?
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4332 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81244&start=4175

first impression:
i want l5 gone as soon as possible.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4333 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4032, FakeGod wrote:Countdown to deadline: 1 day, 6 hours, 0 minutes
30 hours.

i need you my friends
g8's posts about l5 are towny
his floating g1/me as an endgame pair is literally a whole solve. his read on g1 is giving me thumbsup vibes
misread on g3 feels sincere

just grabbing these rq:
In post 3990, Gentleman 8 wrote:L5: Erratic posting in the PT aside, I think G1 summed up my worries here well in 3842. Basically, the PT reads almost exactly like the PT I had with scum in a previous dance game and I can't really say much more without outing myself, which I think is not kosher, even if it can't be proven? (Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't care if people know who I am.)
In post 3990, Gentleman 8 wrote:L9: I feel like in a gamestate where everyone seems confused as fuck, L9 seems to be the one who knows the most. Not sure if that's an AI thing for her, but it is definitely eyebrow raising. I'd like a readslist from her, tbh, along with reasoning behind her PoE. Honestly not sure why she's catching flak for scumreading me if I'm a lurker slot and she does have reasoning for the PoE though.
i fully understand why we're being pushed as partners, and i think you're functionally correct on your reads with the exception of a misread on g3 which on first impressions i like.

if you have the chance i'm very interested in seeing how your thoughts are progressing.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4334 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 4325, Lady 2 wrote:When we're pushing deadline, I'll have no time to read this thresd
...No offense but then why did you replace in, if that was the whole point of the replacement?
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4335 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

Spoiler:
In post 4180, Lady 6 wrote:I'm done. Town deserves to lose. I never should have been Wagoner or suspected.

Either lynch scum or lose. I'm done caring.
In post 4181, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 4178, Lady 6 wrote:All the town that did listen are dead so bad at listening at best.
Gee I wonder why that is

MAYBE BECAUSE THEY ALL LEFT FOR STUPID REASONS.
In post 4183, Gentleman 3 wrote:Man after all this I STILL don't think L9 is town.
In post 4184, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 4181, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 4178, Lady 6 wrote:All the town that did listen are dead so bad at listening at best.
Gee I wonder why that is

MAYBE BECAUSE THEY ALL LEFT FOR STUPID REASONS.
They left because no one joined me in telling them to knock off the bullshit.

But hey, I don't have 257754 hours a day so that's my fault.
In post 4187, Gentleman 3 wrote:Okay.

Disengaging.

If anyone else is around and wants to talk about anything, go for it.

If not, GL town. See you on the other side.
In post 4191, Gentleman 3 wrote:So don't take my word for it. But I think the pair with the fewest strikes against it is yours.
In post 4192, Lady 2 wrote:Okay, I'll keep this in mind as my paranoia inevitably goes through the roof, assuming L6 isn't messing with us for the lulz.
In post 4193, Gentleman 3 wrote:How do you personally feel about G1?
In post 4194, Lady 5 wrote:Lol if L6 is town
In post 4195, Gentleman 3 wrote:I mean I assume L6 is town and not just scum hitting below the belt for literally no reason.
In post 4196, Lady 5 wrote:To throw the rest of us off and make her leave unreadable, I bet.
In post 4197, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 4193, Gentleman 3 wrote:How do you personally feel about G1?
Paranoid tbh but I've felt that way for a while. I felt ~less so for a bit especially after the G7 flip. Maybe being surprised at waking up and seeing a G7 scumflip (I wasn't expecting any flip and I was expecting to spend some anxious time working with L7 to figure out which of us would be leaving) swung me too hard the other way because I felt like clearly L7 had made the right choice by leaving, so me leaving with G1 would have been the wrong choice. But that's not necessarily true. It's possible both of us were in T-S pairings and both had justified paranoia, right?

I'll be thinking about it and going grilling everyone.
In post 4198, Gentleman 3 wrote:If you're paranoid of him, does that mean you do townread him, or you did townread him?

It's certainly possible that you and L7 were both in T/S pairings, but I'd still lean toward L9 scum over G1. (And if they're both scum and G8/L5 is T/T then lol)
In post 4199, Lady 2 wrote:I've been paranoid that he's scum for a while. I was voting our pair for a while early Second Dance.

Can we really rule out L9+G1 scumteam here?
In post 4200, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 4199, Lady 2 wrote:Can we really rule out L9+G1 scumteam here?
Not rule it out so much as L5 and G8 both replacing in and pushing on my pair for bullshit reasons just has such an easy and obvious scum motivation. I don't think them both being town is impossible, but it's extremely unlikely that you could ever confidently convince yourselves of that.
In post 4201, Lady 2 wrote:Fair point.

It's honestly refreshing to talk with confTown. This game has so much pressure.
In post 4202, Gentleman 3 wrote:In all honesty, I don't like to play blame games, but if we lose this (assuming you're town), you shouldn't feel bad at all. This game has just had so much bullshit.
In post 4203, Gentleman 8 wrote:What shitty reasoning?

You/G7 were acting weird while G7 was pushing you for endgame. G7 was scum. If anything, my push has been vindicated.

this is a pretty wolfy popin on l5's part
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4336 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4334, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 4325, Lady 2 wrote:When we're pushing deadline, I'll have no time to read this thresd
...No offense but then why did you replace in, if that was the whole point of the replacement?
we have 30 hours left, there's 175 pages, and you and i are the main people talking.

what am i better off spending my time on?
1) reading stuff my predecessor has already worked through and then coming in with brand new fresh-eyed fallible reads and about 2 hours left on the clock so all i can do is pray that someone else rocks up?
2) standing by my predecessor's reads and keeping the momentum up as much as possible, engaging with as many people as possible and advancing the game as much as i can with less than 48 hours on the clock?

i'm clearly reading ISOs and will do as much as possible but i'm not gamebotting this shit, i have some spare time over the weekend so i'll be here to do what i can with as much time as i can but i refuse to waste my time.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4337 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

if you're town can you like, help me with some stuff here? since i've arrived you've
In post 4315, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 4310, Gentleman 2 wrote:Wherever I wanna be.
Hey you
popped in to suck up to your IC dance partner
In post 4317, Lady 9 wrote:These replacements are throwing me off

I'm pretty sure your scum and your predecessor couldn't come up with an answer to 4307 or most of 4272, among other things. Gent 8 is also scum. There's 2 scum remaining and 3 pairs
have very little stance because intraslot replacements are throwing you off (??)
asked why my pred didn't respond to:
1) an absolutely agenda-drenched scumcase on her, herself, with no apparent trajectory leading to it
2) a really half-assed attempt by you to discredit her clear on another slot by comparing yourself to the slot which you haven't substantiated as i asked you to
In post 4326, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 4323, Lady 2 wrote:Alright I'll play nice - why G8? What's your clear on L5/G1/G8?
will be at a PC soon.
poe and just more likely than l5
admitted you don't have reads just poe and g8 is more likely than l5 for... just because?
In post 4329, Lady 9 wrote:If Lady 2 were town you'd have notes telling you that Gent 8/Lady 5 is scum

But you don't, because Lady 2 didn't specify "gent 1 isn't scum" even though she would have said that

The one trying to "play to a crowd" is you here anyway
shaded me on like virtually unbelievable grounds
took a dump on me for like trying to hero mode this game when doing virtually anything else guarantees a loss

like to me your mindset here looks incredibly wolfy - mathematically if you/g2 is the t/t pair town should be winning this so you should probably be trying to be MORE readable not doing whatever you're trying to do rn
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4338 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

I'm not throwing a cute comment to gent 2 in 4315, I'm trying to get his attention.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4339 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

And I'm waiting for anybody else to get in here, your every post is dripping with scum intent and there's no further benefit to arguing with you
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4340 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

look I'll try and be nice. from my perspective this exchange has been:

L2: hey I think you're scum and what you're pushing looks like an agenda can you work with me if I'm wrong?
L9: NO!!!! ur teh scumz!!!!

if I'm wrong on you we're in an unreal mathematical advantage so I'd be pretty happy with that - I think L5 is kinda slimy and I like G8's ISO but he's kinda transparently lhf off the d1 role play/low postcount thing. I think L5 is the scum in that pairing.

G1 I need to work on but I think I just agree with my pred's findings that he's trying, just not a BIG POWER BIG NOISE kinda player. I agree with G8's assertion that he's trying to solve the game and doesn't seem to care how he's perceived. I think he and my predecessor just came to the same conclusion there.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4341 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4339, Lady 9 wrote:dripping with scum intent
dddrrrriiiipppppppiiiinnnnnnggggggg

sorry if my repin was a lil alienating btw I find it easier to get invested in games by taking a STANCE then checkin myself and I don't have much time to get into this one before its over
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4342 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 4315, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 4310, Gentleman 2 wrote:Wherever I wanna be.
Hey you
Hey you you
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4343 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

Uhh. You want them to read 4300 posts in the next 30 hours?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4344 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

Do you need anything from me specifically, G2?
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4345 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

so my only issue with a l7/l5 solve rn is that it feels too obvious
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4346 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:11 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

l9/l5* sorry.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4347 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 4343, Gentleman 2 wrote:
Uhh. You want them to read 4300 posts in the next 30 hours?
It looked like they were saying they weren't going to be around at deadline
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4348 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

how...
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4349 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

VOTE: G8/L5
I was considering this yesterday if I got to a point where I town read L2, and while I am not completely certain I do believe L2 is, if not town, definitely not scum with L2. So I believe there has to be scum in this pair.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”