cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Mini 626 - Crew vs. Pigs - GAME OVER!!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by cicero »

Last edited by cicero on Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:13 am, edited 42 times in total.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by cicero »

RULES

Game Rules use Mr. Stoofer rules as a base but are amended (and in some cases reversed!)

[01]
VOTING METHOD
: Votes must be in bold. example:
Vote: Cicero
If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. Please be attentive and
Unvote
, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I’d appreciate it.

[02]
LYNCH
: Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, any attempts to unvote will be unheeded.

[03]
NO LYNCH
: You may vote: no lynch – unless it is deadline, majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.

[04]
DEADLINE:
This game will have mandatory non-retractable deadlines of,at most,3 weeks. As the game whittles down its living membership deadlines may grow shorter.

[05]
DEADLINE LYNCH RULES:
As the At deadline, a person will be lynched if they have a majority of voters voting for them. That means you can be lynched with just one vote if only one person is voting. If no one has a majority of the votes cast, it is a no-lynch.

[06]
NIGHT CHOICES
: Night choices will be expected within 72 hours. If you do not inform me of a night choice I will make it for you and you will not like it.

[07]
LURKING AND NOT POSTING
: Lurking is not an acceptable strategy in this game. Anyone who goes more than 72 hours without posting, without advance warning, is likely to be replaced. (I don't count weekends for this purpose.) I will not be afraid to modkill if necessary. Mafia is a social contract. Everyone is expected to give information and comment to be analysed. If this is uncomfortable for you, consider taking up solitaire instead.

[08]
OUT OF THREAD COMMUNICATION
: The game is not to be discussed outside the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so – and then only in the manner stated in your role PM. Don’t quote any out-of-thread communications regarding this game in the thread.

[09]
BAH POSTS ARE ALLOWED
: Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. However, since I love Bah post you may absolutely make one "Bah" post. It should be short and should contain absolutely no game related opinion or information. Example: "Bah! Go Town!"

[10]
TOO CLEVER BY HALF RULE
: No small or hidden text or obscure codes. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.

[11]
VACATION? LIMITED ACCESS?
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect
in this game thread.
Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

[12]
FALLIBILITY CLAUSE:
Unlike other mods I am fallible. Please point out any mistakes I make gently. In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, it is your responsibility to correct me -- otherwise your vote may be treated as it appears in the vote count.

[13]
QUESTIONS
: If you have any questions at all, please PM me or post the question in the thread.

[14]
FUN
: Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod. I have very low tolerance for abusive posts.

[15]
I've reserved this color for any purposes I might choose. Don't use it, please.

[16] There is at least one vanilla townie in this game and that person's role pm looks like this:
Cicero Inpantsi - Crew (townie). You're a loyal footsoldier of the crew. You may not have any fancy role but you know you hate stoolies and pigs. You need to put your head together with the rest of the crew to vote on which rat to whack. You win when all threats to the crew are eliminated.
Last edited by cicero on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:20 am

Post by cicero »

CREW MAFIA BEGINS!

The Time: Early Evening

The Place: Mamma Trattoria's Sicilian Fat Factory, New Jersey

You guys are a good tight crew. Your front as a commercial trash collection company gives you lots of flexibility to do the real work of an honest hard working mafia crew: Robbing trucks, running prostitutes, selling drugs, illegal gambling. Lately business couldnt be better. To celebrate, you've all gotten together for a celebratory dinner at Mama
Trattoria's Sicilian Fat Factory - the best old style Sicilian Gourmet restaurant in New Jersey.

As you sit down to eat one of the guys in your crew, "Loyal" Eddie Oregano, looking more haggard than you've ever seen him, starts to speak.

"Fellas" he says "I know today was supposed to be a day of celebration. But unfortunately that's not to be. About 30 minutes ago I got a heads up call from a friend of ours in the DA's office. Apparently I'm going up on a lot of charges. I'm likely to go away for a long time. I might even get...the death penalty. My source tells me that the case they have against me is tight. Really tight. In fact it's the kind of case that they could only make by having a guy... or some guys... on the inside.

Eddie pauses to take a drink of whiskey.

"That's right boys, we've got rats in the pantry."

Another drink. Deeper this time. His hands are visibly shaking as you watch him re-pour.

"Anyway, I know this is the end of the road for me. I ain't goin' back to the joint. I don't like what they did to me there last time and I definitely aint spendin' the rest of my life there, maybe waitin' for them to strap me to some table and stick a needle in my arm. And I ain't given them the chance to work me over and make me talk. You guys are like family to me and I'll be goddamned if I'll let them turn me into a stinkin' rat.

So I know what you guys gotta do to make sure I don't flip. But I ain't gonna make ya do it. I couldnt bear it. I'm sorry. So this is it for me. But you guys gotta find the rats before it's too late. And from what my source tells me too late aint too many nights away. Act fast!"

And with that, you watch transfixed as Loyal Eddie pulls a Sword 9mm pistol from the inside his jacket, puts the barrel in his mouth, and sprays an unfortunately placed Mama Trattoria with a red sauce that means no one's gonna want to eat those plates of linguini she was
carrying anymore.

A stunned silence falls.

...giving someone just enough time to spring up and muffle Mama Trattoria's hysterical screams.

Who you gonna whack?

Save your crew.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:43 am

Post by cicero »

It is now day one. Good luck!
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:00 am

Post by raider8169 »

Hi all!

Vote Cubsfan4ever

I dont like baseball much, that seems like a scum activity.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Cass »

Why hello, and a good evening. Especially to the lovely Mama Trattoria of course.

Vote Ting =)

Is that a smile?

Why is he smiling, is he nervous? Maybe he is nervous because he's wearing a wire?
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:21 am

Post by raider8169 »

Happy Birthday Cass!

What is that in your avatar though? It looks like an off colored Dodo bird.
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Matin »

Hello all..

Vote raider8169
, cause as a Jets fan, I know that all things Al Davis are scummy
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Cass »

Thanks raider! And my avatar is a shoebill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoebill), a large african bird which can actually fly and isn't extinct at al. :)
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:40 am

Post by raider8169 »

Wow I learned something new today a shoebill is real and cool looking, well that and Matin is also scum for liking the jets. You just wait for day 2! I am so going to OMGUS vote you!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Vote
Cass
cause it's her birthday and I didn't have a gift ready. Also the fact that if Cass means Cassandra and that's her real name, then her name matches my real name, and we can't be having that.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:18 am

Post by Kison »

Yo!

Name's Kison.

What's that hanging outta your shirt?!

Vote : raider8169
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:27 am

Post by raider8169 »

Kison wrote:What's that hanging outta your shirt?!
:shock:

Its a water gun. Its summer and the suit is hot! Cant you get an fat bald guy a break?!?!
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

Fuck the Raiders and fuck Al Davis.

That is all.
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Matin »

raider8169 wrote:Wow I learned something new today a shoebill is real and cool looking, well that and Matin is also scum for liking the jets.
You just wait for day 2!
I am so going to OMGUS vote you!
Someone is awfully confident they'll be around for day 2

:D

oh, and the raiders stink even more for taking DMC
Ennui2778
Ennui2778
Townie
Ennui2778
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Ennui2778 »

Matin wrote: Someone is awfully confident they'll be around for day 2
That a threat?

:lol:
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Matin »

Ennui2778 wrote:
Matin wrote: Someone is awfully confident they'll be around for day 2
That a threat?

touche

ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:54 am

Post by ting =) »

Vote:scattered

Hihi everyone.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:08 am

Post by chenhsi »

Hi!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:21 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Hey there :).
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:26 am

Post by darkdude »

Hi. :P

Okay, hear me, because I have a better way to get this game roling than random votes :wink: .

I have thought about this for a bit, and I have come to a decision. I shall role claim now.

I am Guido Gnocchi and I have family connections with the top officials in the police department so I cannot be arrested by the rats. Basicaly, as far as I know I have no powers but a passive protection that prevents me from being succesfully eliminated during night. Sounds like the standard bulletproof townie role.

I decided to claim now because I believe the benefits are much greater for town if I claimed now than later. I have considered trying to make use of my night-immortality to try to lure scum, but Cicero's rule #10 prevented any breadcrumbing. I didn't like the risk of having this great town asset accidentally lynched. Having a town with an open role that isn't afraid to speak against scum seems like a much better option. And personally, making elaborate plans isn't my forte, so I just like to make use of my blunt and to-the-point playstyle to scumhunt. By claiming now I have a easier time to go around scumhunting since my intentions are open for all to see. I also believe the town has the advantage of gaining additional information due to my claim.

No, I'm not a power role trying to hide in plaine sight. Though if scum wants to test their WIFOM luck they can be my guest. :D

Now, the existence of my role implies that Scum is most likely more powerful than one would expect in a normal Mini. Also I have considered the possibility that my immortality doers not guarrantee my protection 100% of the time. I recently played a game on another forum where the scum had the ability to kidnap, which incapacitates a player but not kill them. So it is possible I am not immune to all scum actions. Either way, I think we should expect to seer some things outside of ordinary Minis, even though this is a "Normal Mini".
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:31 am

Post by chenhsi »

Wow, really fast role claiming...
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, that's all interesting. For now, I'm inclined to trust it because it's one hell of an unsafe gambit for scum to claim like that. Hopefully the cop will check him sometime, given there is a cop.
-StrangerCoug

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:12 am

Post by raider8169 »

As true as it could be it also could be scum trying to gain the towns trust.

I would like to know how everyone feels about the role claim atleast for the time being, opinions are always allowed to be changed on new information.

I will start and say I think its true. Next?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:35 am

Post by cicero »

Cicero's rule #10 prevented any breadcrumbing.
Rule 10 rejects the use of codes like cryptography to make breadcrumbs, not traditonal breadcrumbs. I'm sorry if that was unclear.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”