Newbie 621 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Gremwell »

he should have been prodded when day 2 started like the rest of us
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Battousai »

Forgot about the prod, either way he should be posting soon. I hope he doesn't get replaced.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Mirth »

I just hope he posts soon so I could share my second reason.
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Malex McJokeus »

Why do you need Kristopf to post so you can give your second reason? Are you saying if he does not post and ultimately gets replaced, we will never hear your reasoning. You have a habit of saying I will explain my reason if someone guesses it correctly, or if something else happens. Why are your explanations always contingent on something?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Battousai »

In the beginning it was to get everyone to think, but now it just seems suspicious.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:54 am

Post by Mirth »

Malex McJokeus wrote:Why do you need Kristopf to post so you can give your second reason? Are you saying if he does not post and ultimately gets replaced, we will never hear your reasoning. You have a habit of saying I will explain my reason if someone guesses it correctly, or if something else happens. Why are your explanations always contingent on something?
I want a reaction from him so that when I post my reason, he won't be able to switch his reaction based on it. (I can guarantee you that he *won't* guess it.) I don't care if he gets replaced. I want a reaction to me still being alive/voting Batto off the bat, even if it comes from a replacement. (Would be easier with him though.) My explanations are contingent on stuff because if I explain everything, your reactions change. I'm trying to get a raw reaction whenever I can. I always explain myself eventually, but I prefer to get as much out of it while I can. Right now, y'all know I'm reaction fishing, but you don't know why. This gives me the upper hand until I throw the rest of my cards on the table, which I will do.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by zeal »

Mirth wrote: I want a reaction from him so that when I post my reason, he won't be able to switch his reaction based on it. (I can guarantee you that he *won't* guess it.) I don't care if he gets replaced. I want a reaction to me still being alive/voting Batto off the bat, even if it comes from a replacement.
It seems to me like you are just setting a trap. I have a feeling that this will change Kristopf's response from what it would usually be.
Mirth wrote: This gives me the upper hand until I throw the rest of my cards on the table, which I will do.

The question is, do we want you with the upper hand?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Mirth »

zeal wrote:
Mirth wrote: I want a reaction from him so that when I post my reason, he won't be able to switch his reaction based on it. (I can guarantee you that he *won't* guess it.) I don't care if he gets replaced. I want a reaction to me still being alive/voting Batto off the bat, even if it comes from a replacement.
It seems to me like you are just setting a trap. I have a feeling that this will change Kristopf's response from what it would usually be.
Mirth wrote: This gives me the upper hand until I throw the rest of my cards on the table, which I will do.

The question is, do we want you with the upper hand?
Even if his response changes, it would change in a manner that will be able to predict what I'm going to say. As to whether you want me with an upper hand, well, you'll see.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:18 am

Post by Battousai »

While we are waiting on Kristoph, how bout we go to the discussion of the dead players to keep the game alive shall we?
Battousai wrote:Ok, after reading Farside's posts, I do not think the scum killed her because she was a cop. So that leaves semi random, defensive killing, and setup.

If it's defensive killing I would suspect either Grem, Zeal, or Malex for Farside mentions them as being scummy or mentions bad things about them (Malex and his posts). Now we through in the fact that Mirth is still alive. Mirth had similar suspicions on Malex. So if Malex was scum, why didn't he go for the person who basically leads the thread? So either Malex and Mirth are scum pairs or it's Grem or Zeal (if it's a defensive killing)

If it's a setup, then I would expect Grem to be protown as farside was more suspicious of him than the other 2. Unfortunately this way there isn't much to go on, on who IS scum.

If it's semi-random, it means the person randomly picked the target among the 5 protown players, and probably minus 1 or 2 people who would suspect them. So if this was the case, then I would expect Mirth, Merc, or Kristoph to be scum.
What does everybody think about this interpretation? Which one do you feel is more likely, due to yesterdays posts?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Mirth »

I don't think it was a defensive killing, but I don't think they thought she was a cop either. I think it was a case of getting rid of a wildcard IC.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Battousai »

Killing off the ICs could also be a strategy in use here. I just noticed I spelled throw incorrectly in my last post. I feel bad now.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Gremwell »

I agree that there was not a single clue that farside was cop, and I don't think she would be the prime target for a defensive kill, as there were several more active scum hunters working in the same direction as her. My vote would go for semi random or a setup because it would make for several targets (as mentioned above) to throw off the trail), and we're getting close to LyoL
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Mirth »

Battousai wrote:Killing off the ICs could also be a strategy in use here. I just noticed I spelled throw incorrectly in my last post. I feel bad now.
Which of course begs the obvious question of why you and me are both still alive.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by Gremwell »

How long will we wait on Kristoph before replacing him?

He hasn't posted in what, 2 weeks? And hes been prodded at least twice right?
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by mercdaemon »

Mirth wrote:
Battousai wrote:Killing off the ICs could also be a strategy in use here. I just noticed I spelled throw incorrectly in my last post. I feel bad now.
Which of course begs the obvious question of why you and me are both still alive.
Because there's only been one night? In D1 there were more conspicuous topics of conversation.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Battousai »

Mod: Has Kristoph picked up the prod or are you looking for a replacement?

I
think
that Mirth is refering to why Farside was killed over me and her. If I was newb scum I would have killed Mirth first, unless she was my partner, and then probably Farside, as a Battousai lynch would probably be easier than a Farside at that point.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Mirth »

Battousai wrote:
Mod: Has Kristoph picked up the prod or are you looking for a replacement?

I
think
that Mirth is refering to why Farside was killed over me and her. If I was newb scum I would have killed Mirth first, unless she was my partner, and then probably Farside, as a Battousai lynch would probably be easier than a Farside at that point.
Why would you have killed me first if you were scum?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Battousai »

I rather not say, as it may or may not be benficial to scum to get my opinion on this matter. Plus it could be used against me later in a fabricated case against me by scum later as directing the scum or something like that.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by zeal »

Battousai wrote: I think that Mirth is refering to why Farside was killed over me and her. If I was newb scum I would have killed Mirth first, unless she was my partner
Perhaps they were wary of the possibility of a doctor?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:28 am

Post by Battousai »

As I could not find any tells, the only way they would have known there to be a doctor or a cop is if there are two goons and no roleblocker.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Mirth »

zeal wrote:
Battousai wrote: I think that Mirth is refering to why Farside was killed over me and her. If I was newb scum I would have killed Mirth first, unless she was my partner
Perhaps they were wary of the possibility of a doctor?
I can tell you they were quite weary of the possibility of a doctor. Smart scum always are.
Battosai wrote:As I could not find any tells, the only way they would have known there to be a doctor or a cop is if there are two goons and no roleblocker.
This is not taking into account the 50% chance of both if they had a roleblocker. I think you should know better to ignore that.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Battousai »

If they had a roleblocker, then they wouldn't know for sure if there was a town power role. That is why I did not include it.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Mirth »

Battousai wrote:If they had a roleblocker, then they wouldn't know for sure if there was a town power role. That is why I did not include it.
But they'd darn sure be considering it and act as if there were two of them just in case. Or do you not agree with me here?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Battousai »

That is a possibility, better safe than sorry.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Mirth »

Battousai wrote:That is a possibility, better safe than sorry.
What is? I'm not too sure we're talking about the same thing now.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”