The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:35 am

Post by The Fonz »

No, I'm unambiguously directing the vig. Directing the cop/doc is scummy for reasons which don't apply to the vig.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:39 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I guess I can see that. Whatever though, I really WASN'T trying to direct the cop. I guess my comment could be interpreted as such, but you'll see later I retract that position and go to it'd be a waste of an investigation. If telling the cop NOT to view someone is directing too, then take a look at Matin and anyone else who has said they think an investigation is wasted on him.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:42 am

Post by cicero »

chenhsi wrote:Cubsfan4ever has posted once.

Ennui2778 has posted 3 times, all useless posts.

Are they lurking?
Each will be prodded 72 hours after their last post and if posting frequency does not increase I will be seeking replacements as necessary (and, of course, as available, which is always a factor).
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:52 am

Post by raider8169 »

Welcome The Fonz

Why do those role not apply to the vig?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Kison »

Forbiddanlight wrote:Whatever though, I really WASN'T trying to direct the cop. I guess my comment could be interpreted as such, but you'll see later I retract that position and go to it'd be a waste of an investigation.
Then what were you trying to do? Your retraction of the stance is noted, however. That's why I didn't explain my initial vote.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:22 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Then what was I trying to do? Speak my thoughts on the situation. And alright, fine,
un-FoS Kison
. I understand you were giving me a chance. But still, we don't even KNOW if there is a cop, and really, the cop will do whatever they are going to do. What someone says shouldn't affect that.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

raider8169 wrote:Welcome The Fonz

Direct the cop, the scum can just kill the investigation target. Direct the doc, the scum can kill anyone else.

Direct the vig, the target dies anyway. Now, admittedly, you should only direct vigs to people who are too scummy for scum to want to kill, or who will, drum roll: ONLY DIE IF THEY ARE SCUM!
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Matin »

The Fonz wrote:
Direct the cop, the scum can just kill the investigation target.
Direct the doc, the scum can kill anyone else.

Direct the vig, the target dies anyway. Now, admittedly, you should only direct vigs to people who are too scummy for scum to want to kill, or who will, drum roll: ONLY DIE IF THEY ARE SCUM!
In this case that'd be ideal if he's telling the truth.. ;)
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:13 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yes, but he's a bad investigation for other reasons. Or not. Basically, cop's call.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:36 am

Post by raider8169 »

The Fonz wrote:
raider8169 wrote:Welcome The Fonz

Direct the cop, the scum can just kill the investigation target. Direct the doc, the scum can kill anyone else.

Thanks
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:48 am

Post by ting =) »

@raider.
raider wrote:IF he is the godfather the nk immune would be because he wouldnt pick himself to nightkill.
We might have vigs. Or sks. He claimed nk-immunity, not investigation-immunity. I don't get why you're pushing for a darkdude-nk-immune-investigation-proof-scum possibility. That's an absurd absurd amount of power in one role.

You said you believed his claim, so - do you think he's nk-immune, or a godfather? or both?
raider wrote:If darkdude's plan is to ever get going we would have to agree atleast for the time being not to lynch him so he can do this thing.
What plan? Do what thing? All he did was claim.

@ghyrt.
I still agree that we should treat it as a
null tell
for now; but I wanted to make it clear that rather seeing the claim in terms of 50/50,
I think there's more like a 70-85% chance that darkdude is town.
Bolded bits contradict. If it's a nulltell, it's 50/50. If it's 70/30 like you're saying, it's a town tell.

@Matin.
See the raider bit above. We might have vigs or sk's. Raider extracting a godfather role from a claim of nk-immunity is a stretch. Godfathers aren't nk-immune. Which is why I asked if he thought darkdude had both.

@raider.
I dont like the idea of saying he will or will not live to see lylo. I think it would be better to not lynch him atleast for today and let him run the show for who to lynch. Then atleast we can base his claim and the lynch together and get an idea. Of course this could be at the expense of the rest of the town. I am at a stuck on how to move on.
We move on by everyone posting
unvote. vote:raider, FOS:darkdude.
Then we see where things go.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:48 am

Post by ting =) »

oh, real life caught up to me in the form of exams. i'll be /la for a while, but i'll check in every once in a while when i can.

i'll just skimming through though, so post my name in bold letters if you have a question adressed to me.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:34 am

Post by raider8169 »

ting =) wrote:@raider.
raider wrote:IF he is the godfather the nk immune would be because he wouldnt pick himself to nightkill.
We might have vigs. Or sks. He claimed nk-immunity, not investigation-immunity. I don't get why you're pushing for a darkdude-nk-immune-investigation-proof-scum possibility. That's an absurd absurd amount of power in one role.

You said you believed his claim, so - do you think he's nk-immune, or a godfather? or both?
I already gave the answer to this one but I will say it again.

IF he is scum for this to have any chance of working he would need to be the godfather, that in itself would make him non night killable. I did not take into consideration of a possible SK. Simple way to find out is if someone has a town night kill option use it on him. If he is scum and lying he will be dead otherwise he will stay alive. Unless of course the SK or whoever has a better target.

I was addressing both possibilities so everyone could make an informed choice. My choice is that I believe the claim.
ting =) wrote:
raider wrote:If darkdude's plan is to ever get going we would have to agree atleast for the time being not to lynch him so he can do this thing.
What plan? Do what thing? All he did was claim.
This I need to use a quote for
darkdude wrote:Having a town with an open role that isn't afraid to speak against scum seems like a much better option. And personally, making elaborate plans isn't my forte, so I just like to make use of my blunt and to-the-point playstyle to scumhunt. By claiming now I have a easier time to go around scumhunting since my intentions are open for all to see.
ting =) wrote:@raider.
I dont like the idea of saying he will or will not live to see lylo. I think it would be better to not lynch him atleast for today and let him run the show for who to lynch. Then atleast we can base his claim and the lynch together and get an idea. Of course this could be at the expense of the rest of the town. I am at a stuck on how to move on.
We move on by everyone posting
unvote. vote:raider, FOS:darkdude.
Then we see where things go.
I think that is just plan a bad idea. If we are to find out one way or the other we have to decide that as a group now. Either give him what he is asking for (some leeway to pick out scum and back him up when its needed) or we should lynch him now and be done with it. I say lets give him some room to work with, you dont agree I am taking it.[/quote]
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:54 am

Post by darkdude »

Okay, from the top...

ting wrote:It is harmful. If people decide to follow through with their thoughts on your claim, we'll end up with a long discussion that doesn't help us any.
You agree that discussions and reactions are good, but you think that the discussion spawned by my claim is bad? Would you rather have us debate on trivial things just like how most games start when people get stuck on random voting for 10 pages on Day 1? I don't understand you point yet.
ting wrote:is a big jump from nk immune. It's a completely different power entirely. Do you think it's plausible that he's both a godfather and bulletproof? An nk-immune-investigation-proof scum?
Uh...I don't understand where you get this from. Raider never said "he claim NK immune... = he is investigation immune". I think it's pretty valid to suspect me to be a godfather if I am scum. It ISN'T based on my claim of NK immunity, rather the effect that my claim had on me, which was to put me into the spotlight.

Regarding discussion on lynching/keeping me alive:

Obviously I claimed because I want to avoid being lynched. But it is also clear that since no one knows my role it is valid to keep a close eye on me. I don't even know why there's discussion about whether I should be automatically freed from lynches. Obviously things change due to circumstances. Seems odd to me when an idea is suggested to be carved in stone.

chenhhhasdfasdfsi wrote:Yeah, I wanted to know what the Ghyrt meant when he said "this just leaves Chenhsi". (Stop spelling my name wrong!)

I have no idea why I used the word 'guess'.
We want to know your perspective. So far you have only said:
I think darkdude is probably telling the truth, but I am still suspicous of him.
Cubsfan4ever has posted once.

Are they lurking?
I think it is interestign to note that you're not really putting a lot of content into your own posts and being reminded for that while you accuse others of lurking. Are you saying that compared to those you mentioned, your activity is enough?

Regarding Raider's suggestion of "my plan":

No, I do not have a secret plan. I claimed so I could play normally. Aside from planning
that
, I have no other plan. I said it would give me an easier time to scumhunt, not that everyone should consider letting me make choices for town. If you read carefully I even said that I'm not good at making plans :lol: .
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Matin »

darkdude wrote:
chenhhhasdfasdfsi wrote:Yeah, I wanted to know what the Ghyrt meant when he said "this just leaves Chenhsi". (Stop spelling my name wrong!)

I think darkdude is probably telling the truth, but I am still suspicous of him.

Are they lurking?
I think it is interestign to note that you're not really putting a lot of content into your own posts and being reminded for that while you accuse others of lurking. Are you saying that compared to those you mentioned, your activity is enough?
+1

I noticed that as well, but was waiting to see if he was going to up his content level on his own before prodding him to do so..
Ennui2778
Ennui2778
Townie
Ennui2778
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Ennui2778 »

Perhaps darkdude was claiming to get others to claim as well, I don't believe this has been suggested, but while Darkdude clearly has a very powerful role, there could be a counterbalance to his power.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Ennui2778 wrote:Perhaps darkdude was claiming to get others to claim as well, I don't believe this has been suggested, but while Darkdude clearly has a very powerful role, there could be a counterbalance to his power.
The counter balance is possible, if anything it would be the opposite that he is IE he darkdude is town the counter balance would be scum.
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

darkdude wrote:

Are they lurking?
I think this warrants a
Vote: Chenhsi
. Multiple things point to lurking/not-paying-attention.
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by chenhsi »

How am I not paying attention?
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

chenhsi wrote:How am I not paying attention?
Your posts lack content and you didn't understand what I wanted from you, even though other people did.
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by darkdude »

Perhaps darkdude was claiming to get others to claim as well, I don't believe this has been suggested, but while Darkdude clearly has a very powerful role, there could be a counterbalance to his power.
Uh...I mean what I say, and say what I mean. I didn't want a mass claim. I have no idea where you're pulling that from.

As raider said, it would be nice for the scum roles to claim. We can still hope. :P
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by darkdude »

Hm...I just did a quick meta search for chenhsi's games

Seems like just tagging along is his play style. I haven't see any posts with a complete paragraph yet in the quick search of his other games.

I'm not sure which course of action would be best. He's very hard to read because of the lack of content in his posts, but I doubt there's anything we can do about this. For now maybe looking at the bigger picture will help more than questioning him.

Kison's vote and Forbidden light's reaction to it seems like a point of interest. I'm not sure what to make of it just yet. I'll look over it more carefully when I get the time.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by Cass »

I think I shall join those who will treat DD's claim as a null-tell. Just let him scumhunt with the rest of the town for now.

There's one thing Darkdude said that disturbed me. A possible contradiction:
Darkdude wrote:It says that I can't be eliminated by night kills without specifying a type,
But in his claim-post he said:
Darkdude wrote:I cannot be arrested by the rats
And that doesn't seem to be the same thing to me. This could just be distracting flavor, or it could be a slip-up.

That flavor text certainly sounds to me like a vig or sk would NK him just fine (I assume they don't 'arrest').
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:34 am

Post by Kison »

Or there may not even be a Vigilante.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:39 am

Post by Kison »

(don't speculate on that, though)
Ennui2778 wrote:Perhaps darkdude was claiming to get others to claim as well, I don't believe this has been suggested, but while Darkdude clearly has a very powerful role, there could be a counterbalance to his power.
Are you saying that you think as scum he was hoping another BPV would counterclaim? That would be suicide with very little payoff if that were the case. If that's not what you're saying, then I'm not reading you clearly.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”