armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by armlx »

I've just re-read RS' D1. On more than one occasion he defended Cream saying he didn't see the case against Cream / there were better lynches than Cream. Unless the two are in cahoots, I would have thought that the Cream wagon would have been a cushy place for RS to park his vote and get lost among the crowd.
Good call. Cream is acceptable to me.

Unvote, Vote Cream

That is 5 actual votes by my count: Alabaska, Ashmite, Gobor, Mr. I, myself, plus PT's non-vote.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

I'm in favor of the Cream wagon. However, as previously stated, I will abstain until he is at L-1 to "drop a hammer".
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:34 am

Post by armlx »

Or you can just vote and we can determine if you have a vote or not by the visible vote count.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:34 am

Post by armlx »

EBWDOP:

Visible vote count at the time of lynch I mean.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:23 am

Post by Cream147 »

There were several people who said they didn't like the wagon on me yesterday. Oh, and though you seem to believe otherwise, scum don't act as predictably as you seem to think.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:28 am

Post by Gimbo »

Cream, just relax, we won't lynch you or anything, we of course will ask you to claim at L-1.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 am

Post by Surye »

Surye wrote:
armlx wrote:Sigh, while I hate to do this, NL < lynching possible scum but confirmable if town.

Unvote, Vote RS
to ensure we get to 7 real votes.
Unless you know something we don't, we don't know how many real votes he has.
armlx wrote: That is 5 actual votes by my count: Alabaska, Ashmite, Gobor, Mr. I, myself, plus PT's non-vote.
This is the second time armlx made a HUGE assumption on what the actual vote count is. I do not like this one bit. No sir.
HoS: armlx

However, the Cream wagon is making a lot of sense. I liked it yesterday, I like it more today.

Vote: Cream
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:15 am

Post by Gimbo »

Ok the problem is that it is still possible than other people besides me will have 2-votes. One of the scums might have 2-votes and Cream might get hammered secretly by a scum double-voter on his wagon.

Of course, Cream is a good lynch...but I want him to get the chance to claim before getting hammered.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:58 am

Post by iamausername »

Surye wrote:
Surye wrote:
armlx wrote:Sigh, while I hate to do this, NL < lynching possible scum but confirmable if town.

Unvote, Vote RS
to ensure we get to 7 real votes.
Unless you know something we don't, we don't know how many real votes he has.
armlx wrote: That is 5 actual votes by my count: Alabaska, Ashmite, Gobor, Mr. I, myself, plus PT's non-vote.
This is the second time armlx made a HUGE assumption on what the actual vote count is. I do not like this one bit. No sir.
HoS: armlx
The first one still isn't making any such assumption. Second one is, but I doubt scum know exactly how many votes everyone has, so I can't see how it's anything noteworthy anyway.

I think ashmite might have a point about the Cream/Rogue interaction, but I'm pretty sure there's some opportunistic Bowser-aligned scum among the sudden pile-on here whether or not Cream is part of the DK crew.

Been thinking about Riceball's role; I think he should tell us who he swallowed last night. Then, if we manage to actually get a full lynch before deadline today, we'll have either a confirmed town or almost-confirmed scum, based on whether or not that person appears in the real votecount.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:17 am

Post by armlx »

This is the second time armlx made a HUGE assumption on what the actual vote count is. I do not like this one bit. No sir. HoS: armlx
I highly doubt there are that many double voters in the game. Its usually a mechanic that is used sparingly to avoid "whoever logs on first wins" scenarios. Unless there is a reason to assume someone has more then 1 vote we shouldn't.

No votes is more likely though.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:20 am

Post by iamausername »

Surye in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1124342#1124342]Post 887[/url] wrote:I don't like the case on Cream, and I don't feel comfortable putting my vote on him.
Surye wrote:However, the Cream wagon is making a lot of sense. I liked it yesterday, I like it more today.
Vote: Surye

Note: mr. incrediball and goborage were also against the Cream wagon yesterday, but did not explicitly say otherwise in their latest votes.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Gimbo »

I don't think Surye's case warrants a vote, it is probably just a careless slip-up imo.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Surye »

Surye wrote:I like the Cream wagon, it's making him squirm. But it's not time for a lynch on him yet. Probably not today.
Nice try, but context is king.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:36 am

Post by iamausername »

Oh, OK, so you're consistent in liking the Cream
wagon
, but you don't like the case on him? Yes, that looks better for you.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Surye »

iamausername wrote:Oh, OK, so you're consistent in liking the Cream
wagon
, but you don't like the case on him? Yes, that looks better for you.
No, the wagon was building the case on him. And now TODAY AS IN AFTER THE WAGON the case got convincing, and is now worth a vote.

Geez, what's your problem with me? Looks like you're just looking for an easy vote to avoid Cream.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Korts »

ashmite84 wrote:I've just re-read RS' D1. On more than one occasion he defended Cream saying he didn't see the case against Cream / there were better lynches than Cream. Unless the two are in cahoots, I would have thought that the Cream wagon would have been a cushy place for RS to park his vote and get lost among the crowd.

This led me to re-read Cream's D1. After no interaction with RS, Cream applied some light distancing just when it was becoming apparent that RS was going down anyway.

Cream's D1 is an interesting read and littered with other scummines that has nothing to do with RS aswell.

I think Cream is in the DK crew.

Vote: Cream147
People hunting a specific scumgroup rather than scum in general strike me as vaguely scummy themselves.
FoS: ashmite

The point raised is, however, entirely valid. You're probably from Bowser's gang, no point in trying to hide a DK associate.
goborage wrote: I think someone else said this but I'll ask just to be sure.

RBT, are you a piranha plant?
And what do you think the odds are, if he is, that he'll answer truthfully, seriously? God. I don't think the best scumhunting method is to ask people whether or not they're scum.
Cream147 wrote:There were several people who said they didn't like the wagon on me yesterday. Oh, and though you seem to believe otherwise, scum don't act as predictably as you seem to think.
This, however, seems to be an attempt to discredit the newly found evidence against him. Scum may think they're not as predictable as people think, but they usually are.
Gimbo wrote:Ok the problem is that it is still possible than other people besides me will have 2-votes. One of the scums might have 2-votes and Cream might get hammered secretly by a scum double-voter on his wagon.

Of course, Cream is a good lynch...but I want him to get the chance to claim before getting hammered.
Amazingly, sensible post by Gimbo. And that's why I think Cream should be claiming just about now, before anyone else votes him.
Surye, about iamausername wrote: Looks like you're just looking for an easy vote to avoid Cream.
Completely agree.

Also agree with RBT claiming his last night's swallow. Should help, once the real votecount's been posted.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:28 am

Post by Korts »

Oh wait. That won't help.
Rule 18 wrote: 18) If the day ends because of a deadline, the real votecount is not showed, whether a lynch happens or not. At deadline, the amount of real votes needed for a lynch is half the amount of real votes normally needed for a lynch (rounded up), but only the visible votes are shown. When several people have more than half of the real votes at deadline, the one with the most real votes is lynched. In case of a tie, I will look at who had the most real votes before the amount of real votes were tied.
scumchat never die
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:35 am

Post by iamausername »

Korts wrote:Oh wait. That won't help.
Rule 18 wrote: 18)
If the day ends because of a deadline
, the real votecount is not showed, whether a lynch happens or not. At deadline, the amount of real votes needed for a lynch is half the amount of real votes normally needed for a lynch (rounded up), but only the visible votes are shown. When several people have more than half of the real votes at deadline, the one with the most real votes is lynched. In case of a tie, I will look at who had the most real votes before the amount of real votes were tied.
It will help if we can get our act together and get a lynch before deadline.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Korts »

Oh, OK. I didn't catch that part. I only checked the final Day 1 votecount, didn't read Rule 18 through properly.
scumchat never die
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Gimbo »

Cream should claim around L-3/2. There is technically no way to test RBT's no-vote because of the possibility of other double-voters OR the possibility of other 0-voters*.

I don't see why RBT would make up that piece of info. even if he is not town, it doesn't really have any benefit to it, so I'll take his word.

If there are multiple scum-groups, then their win-condition should have something like wiping out other scum-groups. With that said, I ditto Korts on what he said about ashmite's keen attempt at finding DK scums, which seems a bit weird.

I still want those lurkers to chip in on these discussions; people like alvin and malthusis and other non-posters.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:07 am

Post by armlx »

Oh, and though you seem to believe otherwise, scum don't act as predictably as you seem to think.
WIFOM defense.

Also, something interesting to note, the rules explicitly state Bowser can kidnap Peach, nothing about the DK crew.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Cream147 »

Gimbo wrote:Cream should claim around L-3/2. There is technically no way to test RBT's no-vote because of the possibility of other double-voters OR the possibility of other 0-voters*.

I don't see why RBT would make up that piece of info. even if he is not town, it doesn't really have any benefit to it, so I'll take his word.
This is all very logical. I'll claim at L-3 (if I get that far, though I can't really see me stopping this wagon now), this allows 2 double-voters. Testing RBT's no-vote just won't work. There is no way you can be sure.
If there are multiple scum-groups, then their win-condition should have something like wiping out other scum-groups. With that said, I ditto Korts on what he said about ashmite's keen attempt at finding DK scums, which seems a bit weird.
From what I've gathered from flavour (this is just an assumption), both teams want to be kidnapping the princess. Therefore, I find it more likely that the only competition between the scumgroups is who can kidnap her (and hold onto her) first.
I still want those lurkers to chip in on these discussions; people like alvin and malthusis and other non-posters.
Alvinz and Malth are still in this game?!

In other topics, Surye seems to have contradicted himself throughout the game, but I attribute those more to slips of the tongue, I still think he's town.

As for defending myself, I don't know what else to say. It seems that the reason why most people are interested in having my head now is RS's actions yesterday. I cannot defend myself against that.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Korts »

Gimbo wrote: I still want those lurkers to chip in on these discussions; people like alvin and malthusis and other non-posters.
G, alvin and malthusis are technically the same player (malthusis replaced alvin)
scumchat never die
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:29 am

Post by armlx »

Malth has been replaced elsewhere I believe. Why is he still in this game.
From what I've gathered from flavour (this is just an assumption), both teams want to be kidnapping the princess. Therefore, I find it more likely that the only competition between the scumgroups is who can kidnap her (and hold onto her) first.
See the rule I quoted.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:34 am

Post by Gimbo »

Mod: please prod/replace the bolded players, thanks

-iamausername