Newbie 621 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Battousai »

It's a possibility that the scum have a RB and decided to randomly try to hit a power role as it is "better safe than sorry"
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:15 am

Post by Mirth »

Battousai wrote:It's a possibility that the scum have a RB and decided to randomly try to hit a power role as it is "better safe than sorry"
Not a possibility, a certainty. If you have an RB and you're scum, there is absolutely no reason not to use it. (Unless you're Thesp and you forget that *you're* the scum RB...but we won that game anyway, so it didn't matter)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
4 to lynch.

mercdaemon: 1 (Mirth)
Mirth: 1 (mercdaemon)

Sorry, been out of state and didn't have the access I expected. Looking for a replacement for kristopf now.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Battousai »

I meant randomly hunt and KILL the power role. Of course the RB would use their power.

Activity has been dwindling, I would like more people to contribute. The convo me and Mirth is having isn't really scumhunting, so I think it's best we move on from that. I'm going to go and look back at D1 again.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Gremwell »

I thought we were waiting on Kristopf or his replacement so we could hear this second reason.

though knowing what we know now a reread sounds like a good idea
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Battousai »

Just because we are waiting on Kristopf, it doesn't mean we can move on with the discussion and get back to it when the replacement gets in.
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Malex McJokeus »

I am also doing a re-read of D-1. I will post my thoughts and feelings when I have something worth posting.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Mirth »

Battousai wrote:I meant randomly hunt and KILL the power role. Of course the RB would use their power.

Activity has been dwindling, I would like more people to contribute. The convo me and Mirth is having isn't really scumhunting, so I think it's best we move on from that. I'm going to go and look back at D1 again.
Actually, the discussion we're having is rather pertinent, seeing as the scum got very lucky last night.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Battousai »

I meant the fact of RB using their ability or whether or not there is a RB, that's extraneous.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Mirth »

Battousai wrote:I meant the fact of RB using their ability or whether or not there is a RB, that's extraneous.
I'm through playing head games with you all, and kind of sick of waiting. Replacement will have the upper hand anyway since I think I've breadcrumbed obviously enough for the scum to pick up on it already.

I know for a fact that there is an RB, so it's not extraneous.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Gremwell »

Is that a claim?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Mirth »

Obviously. There are only 2 ways for me to know if there's a roleblocker in this game: be scum or be roleblocked. Now if I were scum I wouldn't very well admit to that, now would I? (Of course you can WIFOM it all you want and say that I'm scum fake claiming a nonexistent powerrole because I know no one could counterclaim me, and that there really isn't a roleblocker, but I know better.)

I'm the doctor. I protected Farside last night for being one of the least suspicious people here. I was functioning under the assumption that I'd be dead today, so my protect wouldn't really matter. The mod confirmed that he received my choice. Yet Farside is dead. There is only one obvious conclusion I can draw from this.

Normally, I think claiming is bad evil awful, but in this case, I was already targeted by scum once, so I don't think they'd hesitate to target me again, and I obviously can't self protect, and can be roleblocked. There is also no cop for me to try and defend. So my role is more useful exposed here, I think.

Why I voted Batto: for being the only IC not targeted by scum last night. This is pure WIFOM, of course, but I don't see why scum chose to kill Farside over him. I also wanted to see how he'd react. Barring negative reaction from Kristopf's replacement, I do believe Batto and Merc are scum.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Gremwell »

Those would be some crazy lucky night choices for the scum.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by zeal »

I'm going to believe you, because I don't think you're stupid enough to lie about it.

Quite frankly I think claiming was a bad idea. The scum don't know if they block a power role, so there's a chance they would've blocked someone else tonight.

I can agree with you about Batto, but I'm not entirely sure on Merc. From yesterday's posts, it doesn't seem like Grem could be Batto's partner, so that leaves us with Malex or kristopf. Right now I would rather support a Batto lynch, so
Vote: Battousai
. I'm convinced.

I expect you will be killed tonight Mirth, so I'd like to ask you now, what do you think our best course of action is if Batto/merc isn't scum?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by Mirth »

Why believe me so easily? I could just as well be scum, know there is no roleblocker, and claim doc because the only real town powerrole was killed.

Actually, now that I've claimed, I'm not 100% sure I will be killed, as scum could always try accusing me of the above gambit. In this case claiming didn't hurt anyone, as scum knew more about setup than town.

I don't like that you are ready to lynch Batto so quickly, especially with one player missing. If Batto/merc isn't scum, then keep playing as usual. As I said, this is just my theory. I think you should get your own and not be so quick to agree with me or believe me.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by zeal »

I believe you easily because I really don't think you would lie about this, its too easy to get caught.

We have one player missing, yes, but I'm assuming they'll be replaced some time today or tomorrow, so I don't think that matters so much.

Also, why put out your theories if you don't want people to agree with them..?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:41 am

Post by Mirth »

I never said I don't want people to agree with them. I'm just a bit distressed at how easily you seem to.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Gremwell »

I was happy with a Batto lynch from D1, and it's taken them a while to post a reply since the claim.

on my reread I noticed D1 was very fubar thanks to tsq and nahr,

some items that I noticed this read through and didn't already mention:

Batto repeats himself about being exempt to answering mirths question because he is IC, and when I bring up the 92% item he changes his explanation to, it's only 92% because of it being a deadline lynch, which he conveniently failed to mention in his original post.

Kristof was one of farsides suspects for his active lurking, which now may just be plain lurking

Malex was also a target of farside for being eager to please I think

Merc said something about his opinion on batto changing when TSQ is killed, pending if he was scum or not

I was also a target of farside

Farside didn't like zeal for having not voted and going straight to a L-1 vote

It's not much I know but alot of it has been said already, I focused on farside's targets

also this may be a long shot but knowing now that TSQ was the cop his reason for voting Mirth off the bat may have been because he expected one of the scum to be an IC (I was trying to make some sense of what he was up to, but a reread, knowing what we do may help, I recommend it)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Mirth »

Grem, your post says a whole lots of nothing. Farside, like a good player, was suspicious of everyone. You should be too. Also, just because Farside was suspicious of people it doesn't automatically make her right now that she's dead. As for scum among the IC, its statistically more likely that there isn't, as there are more newbies in a game.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Gremwell »

I know being dead does not make farside right I was just looking back on her interactions to see who may of targeted her or who would be the easiest to set up by killing her.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Battousai »

Mirth, I don't believe your claim. To me there's a 50/50 chance that you're scum. Reason being, there was no benefit for you claiming truthfully that I can fathom. You weren't even close to being lynched. Claiming doc, would be like us have a confirmed innocent, BUT with some discredit. Then you say you're not sure you'd be killed. That gives scum (if your not) reason NOT to kill you and get us to mislynch you, another bad reason to claim. If you are scum, by saying that you are predefending yourself for being alive tomorrow with WIFOM.

The case you have against me is because I'm alive? If that's the case, not only is that WIFOM, but I bet I do have a reason that I am alive over Farside. That is because YOU said you felt I was scum over Grem and that no one was outright suspecting Farside at all (from my point of view, after Farside actually started playing, especially nearer the end, I thought TSQ was just lurking/disinterested thus nulltell) except Merc I believe. You have a lot of sway, and if you're town then the two noob scum would probably think you could convince people I was scum (did a good job with zeal which I will address later).

Now that you have told us the reaction you wanted to see from Kristopf, you just gave the replacement a free pass. He/she will now know what you were looking for and decide the best response to your question. Even if you thought you breadcrumbed enough, you could have waited for the answer and if it was good you could say you breadcrumbed enough that scum could know what was expected (making the replacement's answer a NULLTELL).

Zeal: Ok, you believe the claim. But you are under the assumption that ALL of Mirth's suspects are scum. Not only is that bad town play if your town, but bad scum play as you were easily outed as following along. Why couldn't Malex and Kristopf be scum partners, hell why can't me and Grem be scum partners? We could have just bussed each other (note my final vote was on Nah's replacement). It is also likely that Mirth and Grem are partners (I think that is likely because Mirth kind of saved Grem from being lynched by diverting attention away from him and onto an inactive Nah who had a bad replacement). Also, it may be "easy" for Mirth to get caught, but it could cost the town at least another mislynch and possibly a third. I think that is a good trade off.

FoS:Mirth, SFOS: Zeal
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Mirth »

Or I could be simply pointing out the exact line of argument you're be using to get me lynched. Especially if Zeal is just goin to convienantly follow along with what I'm saying. Just because I think you are scum with Merc doesn't mean I should stop looking.

As for you being alive, well, as I said, it is very very poor reasoning. But voting you was also fishing. I think Malex reacted well. I think Grem also reacted well. I think you're overestimating my influence on the newbies, considering how gungho most were about getting rid of TSQ for "lurking". I was waiting, thinking Kristopf's replacement would give me some information, but then I realized, no matter what, it would have been a null tell as I would have claimed a couple posts thereafter (as I would have been pressured fr my reasoning, since I was waiting a bit to do it anyway), and could just as easily chalk stuff up to "my predecessor was bad." As for it's a bad move for me to claim, no, not it isn't. My role's primary purpose is to play follow the cop. The secondary purpose is to prevent night kills. Both of these have been nullified, as the cop is dead, and I am going to be targeted again with either a roleblock or a kill, as the scum clearly want me out of the way, if they thought enough to roleblock me to roleblock me the first night even if it was blind. Y'all wanted to discuss why I'm still alive, well, y'all got your discussion.

As for me introducing WIFOM to whether I'll live tonight or not, well, I'm just doing that before you could. See above reasoning on how there's a 50% chance I'm scum.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Battousai »

I don't like how your just following people along, zeal. I think I'll bump the SFOS up to a vote.

Vote: Zeal
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Mirth »

Odd vote there Batto. No comments on me and no intermittent post from Zeal. Explain why you changed your mind about the FOS?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Battousai »

No votes have been placed on zeal, and I thought another vote would add more discussion (almost 24 hours without another post before then).

The reason I didn't comment on you is that I believe I have already made myself clear about you and your last post would lead me into WIFOM and what if situations.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”